X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Gannon gushes over Edwards.

Follow the StarTribune for the news, photos and videos from the Twin Cities and beyond.

"We know it isn't, wasn't and won't be Tarvaris Jackson, a struggling second-round pick of the Vikings in 2006. But two men with ties to the Vikings say they believe they know the identity of the next young QB who will defy the odds.

"Trent Edwards in Buffalo," said former Vikings quarterback and 2002 NFL MVP Rich Gannon, referring to the Bills' rookie third-round draft pick. "I was very impressed by him. I watched film of his first start, and I wrote in my notes that it was the best debut start by a rookie that I've ever seen."

"Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Gannon gushes over Edwards.

I truly think he will get better and better. Many experts are raving about him. Not many rookies QBs can come and be so intelligent in a game. The fact that they went no huddle really impressed me. I know he has not put points on the board as much as we like but the OL needs to step up and Evans needs to shut up and play WR. Points will come with Edwards but we will have to endure some growing pains in the process.

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

Does anyone recall any other rookie QB's getting so much good press after their first few starts?

Roethlisberger i guess
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Romes
        Does anyone recall any other rookie QB's getting so much good press after their first few starts?

Roethlisberger i guess

I dunno, but it sure is nice to see that there are some others out there that know a NFL QB when they see one.
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
          I dunno, but it sure is nice to see that there are some others out there that know a NFL QB when they see one.
          Nice for sure, lets hope they are right and he continues to improve.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

How long before Gannon's intelligence is discounted by a JPD alum?
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

It is nice seeing nice press about anything from Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Hydro there is no JPD alum. Theres an alum that would like no QB circus. And will root for anyone they put back there seeing they play for the BUFFALO BILLS

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                  Hydro there is no JPD alum. Theres an alum that would like no QB circus. And will root for anyone they put back there seeing they play for the BUFFALO BILLS
                  That might be your stance and partially mine, but some people seem to defend JP to the far reaches of the universe.
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Can't believe that Tatonka hasn't blasted Gannon over this blasphamy.

Go TE and Go Bills!
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes

Roethlisberger i guess
                      What helped Roethlisberger so much is he had a dominant running game and a dominant defense. This helped the Steelers to not rely on Roethlisberger so much. TE does not have that luxory. To get that luxory in the running game Edwards is going to need to spread the defense a little bit to help set up the running game. Once that happens this offense has the ability to take off IMO.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

I like to hear that stuff coming from a guy who played in the league for 18 seasons, and a former NFL MVP, it makes u feel good
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

I was at Kelly's first game as a Bill and I have watched the games of him as a Gambler. Trent is the best rookie QB I've seen since Jimbo.

This kid will be a player. I feel bad that he has to be judged as a vet around here.

The mistakes will come and we have seen some already. I hope we handle him better than we did JP.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

From moment one, and especially in the Dallas game, it was his poise in the pocket that made me realize he was for real. No one should be that comfortable in the pocket that early on, but he is. That will adjust his learning curve tremendously (coincidentally, it's what has slowed JP's learning curve tremendously). He still has a long way to go, but he'll get there much easier with that poise. I'm really excited to see what he looks like this time next year and beyond that. It's going to be a fun ride.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

I think when pros like Gannon and Jaws praise Edwards, they're doing it based on the things they see in him that lead them to believe he will develop into a good QB -- the intangibles. They're smarter than bashing the results of what he does in the first games of his career on a bad offense.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X