PDA

View Full Version : Gannon gushes over Edwards.

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 07:34 AM
http://www.startribune.com/craig/story/1509084.html

"We know it isn't, wasn't and won't be Tarvaris Jackson, a struggling second-round pick of the Vikings in 2006. But two men with ties to the Vikings say they believe they know the identity of the next young QB who will defy the odds.

"Trent Edwards in Buffalo," said former Vikings quarterback and 2002 NFL MVP Rich Gannon, referring to the Bills' rookie third-round draft pick. "I was very impressed by him. I watched film of his first start, and I wrote in my notes that it was the best debut start by a rookie that I've ever seen."

:10:

don137
10-26-2007, 07:39 AM
I truly think he will get better and better. Many experts are raving about him. Not many rookies QBs can come and be so intelligent in a game. The fact that they went no huddle really impressed me. I know he has not put points on the board as much as we like but the OL needs to step up and Evans needs to shut up and play WR. Points will come with Edwards but we will have to endure some growing pains in the process.

Romes
10-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Does anyone recall any other rookie QB's getting so much good press after their first few starts?

Roethlisberger i guess :idunno:

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Does anyone recall any other rookie QB's getting so much good press after their first few starts?

I dunno, but it sure is nice to see that there are some others out there that know a NFL QB when they see one.

Romes
10-26-2007, 07:48 AM
I dunno, but it sure is nice to see that there are some others out there that know a NFL QB when they see one.

Nice for sure, lets hope they are right and he continues to improve. :up:

hydro
10-26-2007, 07:54 AM
How long before Gannon's intelligence is discounted by a JPD alum?

SquishDaFish
10-26-2007, 07:54 AM
It is nice seeing nice press about anything from Buffalo Bills.

SquishDaFish
10-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Hydro there is no JPD alum. Theres an alum that would like no QB circus. And will root for anyone they put back there seeing they play for the BUFFALO BILLS

hydro
10-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Hydro there is no JPD alum. Theres an alum that would like no QB circus. And will root for anyone they put back there seeing they play for the BUFFALO BILLS

That might be your stance and partially mine, but some people seem to defend JP to the far reaches of the universe.

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Can't believe that Tatonka hasn't blasted Gannon over this blasphamy.

Go TE and Go Bills!

don137
10-26-2007, 08:25 AM

What helped Roethlisberger so much is he had a dominant running game and a dominant defense. This helped the Steelers to not rely on Roethlisberger so much. TE does not have that luxory. To get that luxory in the running game Edwards is going to need to spread the defense a little bit to help set up the running game. Once that happens this offense has the ability to take off IMO.

bigbub2352
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I like to hear that stuff coming from a guy who played in the league for 18 seasons, and a former NFL MVP, it makes u feel good

HHURRICANE
10-26-2007, 08:32 AM
I was at Kelly's first game as a Bill and I have watched the games of him as a Gambler. Trent is the best rookie QB I've seen since Jimbo.

This kid will be a player. I feel bad that he has to be judged as a vet around here.

The mistakes will come and we have seen some already. I hope we handle him better than we did JP.

Don't Panic
10-26-2007, 08:38 AM
From moment one, and especially in the Dallas game, it was his poise in the pocket that made me realize he was for real. No one should be that comfortable in the pocket that early on, but he is. That will adjust his learning curve tremendously (coincidentally, it's what has slowed JP's learning curve tremendously). He still has a long way to go, but he'll get there much easier with that poise. I'm really excited to see what he looks like this time next year and beyond that. It's going to be a fun ride.

Philagape
10-26-2007, 08:41 AM
I think when pros like Gannon and Jaws praise Edwards, they're doing it based on the things they see in him that lead them to believe he will develop into a good QB -- the intangibles. They're smarter than bashing the results of what he does in the first games of his career on a bad offense.

Pride
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
This kid will be a player. I feel bad that he has to be judged as a vet around here.

Thank you!

This is what I was trying to convey yesterday and could not find the appropriate words.

Edwards is being judged as a vet, not a rookie.

hydro
10-26-2007, 08:45 AM
From moment one, and especially in the Dallas game, it was his poise in the pocket that made me realize he was for real. No one should be that comfortable in the pocket that early on, but he is. That will adjust his learning curve tremendously (coincidentally, it's what has slowed JP's learning curve tremendously). He still has a long way to go, but he'll get there much easier with that poise. I'm really excited to see what he looks like this time next year and beyond that. It's going to be a fun ride.

I totally agree. Your comment reminded me of what i heard John Clayton say on WGR a few days ago. He stated how he still believed JP was a really good QB and how he had a great arm and good accuracy. But it seems he is missing the pocket presence and poise, and no matter how much god given talent you have, its tough to succeed without it.

Don't Panic
10-26-2007, 08:57 AM
I totally agree. Your comment reminded me of what i heard John Clayton say on WGR a few days ago. He stated how he still believed JP was a really good QB and how he had a great arm and good accuracy. But it seems he is missing the pocket presence and poise, and no matter how much god given talent you have, its tough to succeed without it.

Right. But there have been examples of guys getting it later in the career, and JP may be one of them. Judging a QB's learning curve coming out of college might be as important as any other characterisitc he has. JP would have been best served on a team where he could have sat as the backup for his first 3 years and slowly learned the pro game, then leanred on the field in year 4. Who knows what the future holds, but I'm not ready to say he's washed up at this point. I think there's still some good football in his future.

acehole
10-26-2007, 09:48 AM
It is safe to say he has nowhere to go but up from here.....how can he not?

I truly think he will get better and better. Many experts are raving about him. Not many rookies QBs can come and be so intelligent in a game. The fact that they went no huddle really impressed me. I know he has not put points on the board as much as we like but the OL needs to step up and Evans needs to shut up and play WR. Points will come with Edwards but we will have to endure some growing pains in the process.

trapezeus
10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
not sure why there could be anything bad to say about Trent. The guy has no receivers to talk about and an Evans who seems to want to quit on him, yet he's making passes, not taking sacks and has one INT a game. Not bad when you look at most rookies who's feet pitterpatter, they have quality WR's around them, and they still can't move the ball.

mybills
10-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Trent Edwards reminds me of Rich Gannon
posted by: Bills_Chick

:roflmao:

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 10:38 AM
not sure why there could be anything bad to say about Trent. The guy has no receivers to talk about and an Evans who seems to want to quit on him, yet he's making passes, not taking sacks and has one INT a game. Not bad when you look at most rookies who's feet pitterpatter, they have quality WR's around them, and they still can't move the ball.
you are starting to sound like a so called JP licker except you're making excuses for Trent.

trapezeus
10-26-2007, 10:46 AM
no excuses. he's actually moving the ball. JP's excuse was that we didn't have a number 2, or enough quality receivers or TE's to make plays. Well Trent is using the same tools and moving the ball and even if you want to quote your .25 TDs to INT ratio, he at least has thrown a TD.

Even if he just drives us for field goals at this point, that would have been enough to make the pitts game at least entertaining.

I'm not anti losman. he's not shown himself to be the undisputed leader. something a 4th year pro should be able to do over a rook. and if he's not the undisputed leader, we should see if we have something in Edwards. If edwards shows that he can improve through this year, then our draft next year can be incredibly focused.

why waste time on Losman when we have seen it all. he was slighted before by being the 4th QB taken when he thought he was as good or better than the other three. Yet that didn't make him a lights out starter. He was slighted by being benched twice, yet that didn't make him a lights out starter. Are you seriously in need of seeing the same results over and over? 3 years is the time most teams put into a new QB prospect. it hasn't worked.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 11:02 AM
no excuses. he's actually moving the ball. .so did Holcomb and we ran him out. MOving the ball is not the aim of any O. It's scoring TD's.

JP's excuse was that we didn't have a number 2, or enough quality receivers or TE's to make plays. Well Trent is using the same tools and moving the ball and even if you want to quote your .25 TDs to INT ratio, he at least has thrown a TD. . Who said JP didn't use his TE's and 2nd wr's. You might want to look at JP's stats at the 2nd half of last year ( When the OL played better and when Farichild started to open up the playbook. )He spread the ball and had one of the best qb ratings. The facts are there.

Even if he just drives us for field goals at this point, that would have been enough to make the pitts game at least entertaining. . If JP could only lead us to fg's you'd have a problem.

he's not shown himself to be the undisputed leader. something a 4th year pro should be able to do over a rook. and if he's not the undisputed leader, we should see if we have something in Edwards. If edwards shows that he can improve through this year, then our draft next year can be incredibly focused. . Well Evans disagrees with you.

why waste time on Losman when we have seen it all..Have we? All I've seen is inept coaching and an OL carousel that would definitely ruin any chances of any qb succeeding.

he was slighted before by being the 4th QB taken when he thought he was as good or better than the other three. . Yet Edwards was drafted in the 3rd. If he fails will you be using that against him?

Yet that didn't make him a lights out starter. He was slighted by being benched twice, yet that didn't make him a lights out starter.. Like I've said several times, not even Eli or Ben would've succeeded under these circumstances.

Are you seriously in need of seeing the same results over and over? 3 years is the time most teams put into a new QB prospect. it hasn't worked.
The only results I've seen so far is that we're running the same O that Holcomb ran over and over. You don't have a problem with that? Our running game sucks and yet you don't have a problem with that?

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM

"We know it isn't, wasn't and won't be Tarvaris Jackson, a struggling second-round pick of the Vikings in 2006. But two men with ties to the Vikings say they believe they know the identity of the next young QB who will defy the odds.

"Trent Edwards in Buffalo," said former Vikings quarterback and 2002 NFL MVP Rich Gannon, referring to the Bills' rookie third-round draft pick. "I was very impressed by him. I watched film of his first start, and I wrote in my notes that it was the best debut start by a rookie that I've ever seen."

We literally have an intelligent leader at QB now and the press has picked up on it. Other QB's like Romo who get good press let it go to their head but not Trent, he speaks like farve but without the crying.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
so did Holcomb and we ran him out. MOving the ball is not the aim of any O. It's scoring TD's.

Who said JP didn't use his TE's and 2nd wr's. You might want to look at JP's stats at the 2nd half of last year ( When the OL played better and when Farichild started to open up the playbook. )He spread the ball and had one of the best qb ratings. The facts are there.

If JP could only lead us to fg's you'd have a problem.

Well Evans disagrees with you.

Have we? All I've seen is inept coaching and an OL carousel that would definitely ruin any chances of any qb succeeding.

Yet Edwards was drafted in the 3rd. If he fails will you be using that against him?

. Like I've said several times, not even Eli or Ben would've succeeded under these circumstances.

The only results I've seen so far is that we're running the same O that Holcomb ran over and over. You don't have a problem with that? Our running game sucks and yet you don't have a problem with that?

I'd like to welcome the King of the JPD homers.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I'd like to welcome the King of the JPD homers.

stupidity (post) at it's finest.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:16 AM

Blindness at it's worse. Your actually one of the smartest people on here in many ways, that's way it makes it all the more disappointing the way you see it lately.

mybills
10-26-2007, 11:18 AM
make that, post(s) http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2172389&postcount=21

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Blindness at it's worse.

didn't think the stupid meter can still go higher.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:21 AM

I'll stop it before this positive press thread about our starting QB gets moved. That's the only real reason you even came here, just to shake the trees.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 11:23 AM
I'll stop it before this positive press thread about our starting QB gets moved. That's the only real reason you even came here, just to shake the trees.
this post moved up from stupid to tard

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 11:35 AM
this post moved up from stupid to tard

I post a positive article on the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills and it is stupid?

What has Pat Moron stolen your login or what?

Mahdi
10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
:popcorn:

HHURRICANE
10-26-2007, 11:41 AM
so did Holcomb and we ran him out. MOving the ball is not the aim of any O. It's scoring TD's.

Who said JP didn't use his TE's and 2nd wr's. You might want to look at JP's stats at the 2nd half of last year ( When the OL played better and when Farichild started to open up the playbook. )He spread the ball and had one of the best qb ratings. The facts are there.

Have we? All I've seen is inept coaching and an OL carousel that would definitely ruin any chances of any qb succeeding.

Yet Edwards was drafted in the 3rd. If he fails will you be using that against him?

. Like I've said several times, not even Eli or Ben would've succeeded under these circumstances.

Justa is it just possible that Trent is the better QB?

Why are we making so many excuses for JP's benching. I agree that things aren't perfect on this team but Trent has proven to handle everything, including press conferences, better.

Unless you are telling me that we would have won the Dallas game with JP behind center what are you arguing about?

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I post a positive article on the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills and it is stupid?

What has Pat Moron stolen your login or what?

It's sad that we have to have a negative JP licking douches on a positive press Bills thread, really sad actually.

They must like to root for other teams and crap on their own. Remember, it's best to not shi* where you eat.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Justa is it just possible that Trent is the better QB?

Why are we making so many excuses for JP's benching. I agree that things aren't perfect on this team but Trent has proven to handle everything, including press conferences, better.

Unless you are telling me that we would have won the Dallas game with JP behind center what are you arguing about?

Exactly, this is the post of the day.

The Answer
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM

Who isn't gushing over this young studly QB right now? Except for the lickers that is....:crush:

~The Answer

hydro
10-26-2007, 12:44 PM
You are so blinded by your crush on JP you can't even look at stat lines correctly. Yes JP had great QB ratings against the Fish and Jets but who doesn't? How about the last two games of the season? A average QB rating of 66 doesn't seem to stellar to me. Of his last 6 games he had only two ratings above 75.

Everyone on the JP bandwagon is raging on the fact that Edwards hasn't beaten good teams yet when JP has "great" games against only the Fish and Jets its a different story.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 12:46 PM
You are so blinded by your crush on JP you can't even look at stat lines correctly. Yes JP had great QB ratings against the Fish and Jets but who doesn't? How about the last two games of the season? A average QB rating of 66 doesn't seem to stellar to me. Of his last 6 games he had only two ratings above 75.

Everyone on the JP bandwagon is raging on the fact that Edwards hasn't beaten good teams yet when JP has great games against only the Fish and Jets its a different story.Do I even know you?

hydro
10-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Do I even know you?
:rofl: What does that have to do with anything. Way to go changing the topic :up:

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 12:54 PM
:rofl: What does that have to do with anything. Way to go changing the topic :up:
In other words I don't care about your manlove for Trent.

EDS
10-26-2007, 12:56 PM
I find it funny that certain posters constantly feel the need to bash a rookie quarterback while at the same time support a quarterback who played like dog poop his second year in the league.

Has the rookie quarterback played great? No, that is obvious and not really the point anyway. Edwards has shown poise and potential. Losman, had some success but never really convinced anyone that he could maintain any sense of consistency, which is what most organizations would look for after a guy has had a few years of experience. Same thing happened to David Carr and Byron Leftwich - they had flashes of potential but were ultimately unloaded because they couldn't maintain any level of consistent play.

And the comparisons to Holcomb are laughable. Holcomb has a noodle for an arm while Edwards has a legit big league fastball - even if it isn't as good as JPs. Jeff George had one of the best arms of any QB prospect in the bast 25 years and that didn't mean he was destined for greatness.

Night Train
10-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Marino

hydro
10-26-2007, 01:04 PM

At least Trent is starting...

FlyingDutchman
10-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Gannon baby! U of Delaware Alum!!

trapezeus
10-26-2007, 01:09 PM

you are misreading a lot of what i said,

1. yes, scoring TD's is the point. JP had none. The one td that came under hiim was from an incredible 23yard run by ML. I'll take moving the ball and FG's as a good start instead of nothingness.

2. stop using last year's second half. that is 6-8 games where he played respectable. no one wanted him to try to get back to second half of the season JP. We were expecting him to build from there. i was a huge supporter of seeing him continue to develop. he hasn't and that's why i'm willing to see the team move another direction

3. JP should be further along the curve than TE. He should be held to a higher standard. if you have a 1 year old and a 4 year old, don't tell me you'd be ok with the 4 yr pissing himself because the 1 year old does. you have different expectations of people based on experience.

4. evans is a moot point. he's been getting better stats with Edwards. His stance is solely froma friendship stance.

5. If the inept coaches have ruined JP so much, why is Edwards winning? Yes, i think the coaches are offensively ******ed, yet somehow, edwards gets drives going and keeps the d off the field. i believe there is a correlation to no injuries on defense and the less time they are on the field.

6. i have no issues where anyone is drafted. if you can play and are good, then play. i will be upset if Edwards doesn't pan out, but i'd be more upset if i had to find that out through an extra year because JP had to prove his uselessness to the last 5 Bills fans who need to see it.

7. the running game is slow and ineffective, yet ML's big play ability/potential is also encouraging. If the OL was suppose to gel and make JP better, why can't i use the same logic for ML. Plus the OL, never really seemed to have Pass blocking issues. They are slowly getting to run block better.

8. jp, himself said coming out of the draft, that he shouldn't be seen as the 4th QB, but equal to the first three. he said that was going to motivate him. JP, is a classy guy, and almost a politician. he knows what to say, and he knows how to carry himself. but just like a politican, he can't deliver on what he's saying on the field. again, his community contributions have been stellar, but he hasn't gotten it done on the field.

Oaf
10-26-2007, 01:14 PM
LOL, he put that Jets pick on Evans too.

"And the interception wasn't even his fault," Gannon said. "It was the receiver's fault." :snicker2:

Please Lee, time to make some plays. We need you. :grovel:

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 01:15 PM
I find it funny that certain posters constantly feel the need to bash a rookie quarterback while at the same time support a quarterback who played like dog poop his second year in the league. .
you mean those of us who don't come out and talk like he's the next Montana are bashers? Ok.

Has the rookie quarterback played great? No, that is obvious and not really the point anyway. Edwards has shown poise and potential. Losman, had some success but never really convinced anyone that he could maintain any sense of consistency, which is what most organizations would look for after a guy has had a few years of experience. Same thing happened to David Carr and Byron Leftwich - they had flashes of potential but were ultimately unloaded because they couldn't maintain any level of consistent play..but Edwards has been consistent? The guy lost one game and almost lost another. 1 TD 4 INTs. If I'm a basher for pointing that out, so bet it. Maybe you're just a biased.

And the comparisons to Holcomb are laughable. Holcomb has a noodle for an arm while Edwards has a legit big league fastball - .
I don't care if he has an arm, has no white hair and is taller than KH .He's played like Holcomb. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he'll be a good one. Just not gonna come out and say he's the next Monatana just yet.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Do I even know you?

classic.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 01:26 PM
3. JP should be further along the curve than TE. He should be held to a higher standard. if you have a 1 year old and a 4 year old, don't tell me you'd be ok with the 4 yr pissing himself because the 1 year old does. you have different expectations of people based on experience.

I love it.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2007, 01:43 PM

Kosar.

FinFaninBuffalo
10-26-2007, 02:14 PM

On Sunday, October 9, 1983, Dan Marino made his first start in the NFL a success by throwing three touchdown passes and completing 19 of 29 passes for 322 yards.

In his first professional season (only 11 games), Marino threw for 2,210 yards and 20 touchdowns with only 6 Ints. He was named NFL Rookie of the Year and he was also the first rookie to start at quarterback in the Pro Bowl.

IMO, nobody will ever be more effective as a rookie than Marino.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 02:18 PM
On Sunday, October 9, 1983, Dan Marino made his first start in the NFL a success by throwing three touchdown passes and completing 19 of 29 passes for 322 yards.

In his first professional season (only 11 games), Marino threw for 2,210 yards and 20 touchdowns with only 6 Ints. He was named NFL Rookie of the Year and he was also the first rookie to start at quarterback in the Pro Bowl.

Dan also walked into a great team from the previous year, they lost to washington in the SB in 1982.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#d0d0d0>1982 Miami Dolphins

Record: 7 - 2 - 0

Head Coach: Don Shula (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShulDo0.htm) Points scored: 198 (#10 of 28 in the NFL)
Points allowed: 131 (#2 of 28 in the NFL)

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width="40%" bgColor=#d0d0d0><!-- FM Medium Rectangle Zone --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var federated_media_section = 'Football';</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://static.fmpub.net/zone/505" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://dynamic.fmpub.net/adserver/adjs.php?n=148537559&what=zone:839&source=Football&block=1&blockcampaign=1&exclude=,&referer=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26aq%3Dt%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rlz%3D1T4DKUS_enUS225US225%26q%3D1982+miami+dolphins" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><!-- BEGIN RICH-MEDIA Burst Network CODE --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>rnum=Math.round(Math.random() * 100000);ts=String.fromCharCode(60);if (window.self != window.top) {nf=''} else {nf='NF/'};document.write(ts+'script src="http://www.burstnet.com/cgi-bin/ads/ad15862b.cgi/v=2.3S/sz=300x250A/NZ/'+rnum+'/'+nf+'RETURN-CODE/JS/">'+ts+'/script>');</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://www.burstnet.com/cgi-bin/ads/ad15862b.cgi/v=2.3S/sz=300x250A/NZ/18672/NF/RETURN-CODE/JS/"></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!-- END Burst Network CODE -->http://dynamic.fmpub.net/adserver/adlog.php?bannerid=14081&clientid=9891&zoneid=850&source=Football&block=0&capping=0&cb=faee1ea6cf27c4ce0bdc92eaa5480088
<IFRAME marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N3016.burstmedia.com/B2325604.3;sz=300x250;click=http://www.burstnet.com/ads/ad15862b-map.cgi/BCPG77319.107765.122236/SZ=300X250A/V=2.3S//REDIRURL=;ord=35817?" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250 BORDERCOLOR="#000000"><SCRIPT language='JavaScript1.1' SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/N3016.burstmedia.com/B2325604.3;abr=!ie;sz=300x250;click=http://www.burstnet.com/ads/ad15862b-map.cgi/BCPG77319.107765.122236/SZ=300X250A/V=2.3S//REDIRURL=;ord=35817?"></SCRIPT></IFRAME><!-- FM Medium Rectangle Zone -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#66dddd>
Let people know you like this site. Sponsor (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/my/addsponsor.cgi?ID=pfr_mia_1982) this page for $10.<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!-- if (!document.phpAds_used) document.phpAds_used = ','; phpAds_random = new String (Math.random()); phpAds_random = phpAds_random.substring(2,11); document.write ("<" + "script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src=""); document.write ("http://dynamic.fmpub.net/adserver/adjs.php?n=" + phpAds_random); document.write ("&clientid=6339"); document.write ("&exclude=" + document.phpAds_used); if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); document.write (""><" + "/script>");//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://dynamic.fmpub.net/adserver/adjs.php?n=996505315&clientid=6339&exclude=,bannerid:14081,campaignid:9891,&referer=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26aq%3Dt%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rlz%3D1T4DKUS_enUS225US225%26q%3D1982+miami+dolphins" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--// <![CDATA[/* openads=http://dynamic.fmpub.net/adserver bannerid=8407 zoneid=0 source= */if (typeof phpAds_adg == 'undefined') { document.write('<scr'+'ipt language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://dynamic.fmpub.net/adserver/adg.js"></scr'+'ipt>');}// ]]> --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://dynamic.fmpub.net/adserver/adg.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!-- google_ad_client = "ca-federatedmedia-radlinks_js"; google_ad_channel = 'baseball-reference.com'; google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 15; google_ad_format = "728x15_0ads_al_s"; google_color_border = "66DDDD"; google_color_bg = "66DDDD"; google_color_link = "0000FF"; google_color_url = "6666FF"; google_color_text = "000000";//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
http://dynamic.fmpub.net/adserver/adlog.php?bannerid=8407&clientid=6339&zoneid=0&source=&block=0&capping=0&cb=545506a86940d7b00220e0cb90651aae
<IFRAME name=google_ads_frame marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-federatedmedia-radlinks_js&dt=1193426236256&lmt=1193426236&format=728x15_0ads_al_s&output=html&correlator=1193426236236&channel=baseball-reference.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pro-football-reference.com%2Fteams%2Fmia1982.htm&color_bg=66DDDD&color_text=000000&color_link=0000FF&color_url=6666FF&color_border=66DDDD&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26aq%3Dt%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rlz%3D1T4DKUS_enUS225US225%26q%3D1982%2Bmiami%2Bdolphins&cc=137&ga_vid=1479096539.1190682511&ga_sid=1193426234&ga_hid=30070&ga_fc=true&flash=9&u_h=800&u_w=1280&u_ah=770&u_aw=1280&u_cd=32&u_tz=-240&u_his=71&u_java=true" frameBorder=0 width=728 scrolling=no height=15 allowTransparency></IFRAME><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
1982 standings (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1982.htm) | 1982 team stats (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/tmstats1982.htm) | 1982 league leaders (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/leaders1982.htm) | 1982 Pro Bowl rosters (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/pb1982.htm)
1981 Miami Dolphins (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia1981.htm) | 1983 Miami Dolphins (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia1983.htm)

<HR>
Game-by-game results

+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+| Week | Opponent | Result | Score |+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+| 1 | at New York Jets (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj1982.htm) | W | 45-28 || 2 | Baltimore Colts (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt1982.htm) | W | 24-20 || 3 | at Buffalo Bills (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf1982.htm) | W | 9- 7 || 4 | at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam1982.htm) | L | 17-23 || 5 | Minnesota Vikings (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min1982.htm) | W | 22-14 || 6 | at New England Patriots (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe1982.htm) | L | 0- 3 || 7 | New York Jets (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj1982.htm) | W | 20-19 || 8 | Buffalo Bills (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf1982.htm) | W | 27-10 || 9 | at Baltimore Colts (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt1982.htm) | W | 34- 7 |+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+
</PRE>
Postseason

AFC Wildcard Game: won 28 - 13 vs. New England Patriots (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe1982.htm)
AFC Divisional Playoff: won 34 - 13 vs. San Diego Chargers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg1982.htm)
AFC Championship Game: won 14 - 0 vs. New York Jets (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj1982.htm)
Super Bowl: lost 17 - 27 vs. Washington Redskins (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was1982.htm)

SABURZFAN
10-26-2007, 02:24 PM

you've proven that numerous times.

SABURZFAN
10-26-2007, 02:26 PM

you would give Moorman a run for his money. :rolleyes:

Romes
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
kosar, marino and roethlisberger....his company could be a lot worse

FinFaninBuffalo
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Dan also walked into a great team from the previous year, they lost to washington in the SB in 1982.

They were a solid team with a poor passing offense. They hadn't thrown more TD passes than INTs since 1978. Marino changed that instantly.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM

To a billsfan with rose colored glasses,......

Luisito23
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
He's a great young player who is gifted with alot of traits that many vets lack, he's made crucial mistakes no doubt, and he still has a long way to be a star, but so far the rookie has been very impressive, and he will only get better as the season goes on and he develops more chemistry not only with the offence but with the defense as well.......(but that's not what the haters will want you to believe)....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Ed
10-26-2007, 06:17 PM
That might be your stance and partially mine, but some people seem to defend JP to the far reaches of the universe.
Why not defend him? He's still a Buffalo Bill and still an important part of this team even as the back-up. Even if Edwards is the better option at QB, there's no reason to bash JP.

mybills
10-26-2007, 06:32 PM
"And the interception wasn't even his fault," Gannon said. "It was the receiver's fault."

Did he really say that? If so, what a ******. That ball was not high enough or far enough or fast enough. All of which Lee is used to getting from JP. Maybe Gannon
is saying that Trent has no velocity, just like him/Rich. Yeah, that must be it.

PECKERWOOD
10-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Shut up already!

He looks good but he shouldn't be compared to any previous hof QB! SO STOP WITH THE COMPARISONS!

Let him play! I support our coaches decision, he is our guy now. JP is the previous starter and a capable option as a backup, so why bash him so much when he is still on our team? Don't run the guy out of Buffalo. If we support him as our backup QB then we could get better draft pick value out of him in the offseason. Who knows? Maybe somebody will send us a 3rd for him? Let's keep all options open here people.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Who knows? Maybe somebody will send us a 3rd for him? Let's keep all options open here people.

I think that might be right!

Ingtar33
10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
his footwork is spot on. but then that's what you'd expect from a WCO QB, he has a fast release, he's got a lot of little things to work on but he has a lot of what's needed to succeed.

we'll see how he grows from this point.

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 10:08 PM
his footwork is spot on. but then that's what you'd expect from a WCO QB, he has a fast release, he's got a lot of little things to work on but he has a lot of what's needed to succeed.

we'll see how he grows from this point.

Best news I heard all day!

hydro
10-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Why not defend him? He's still a Buffalo Bill and still an important part of this team even as the back-up. Even if Edwards is the better option at QB, there's no reason to bash JP.

I wont defend someone that has had his time to shine. Some won't agree and that is there opinion, but this would be a non issue if JP just went out there and showed us he can become our QB of the future. I don't care how bad the coaches or the O-line or whatever is. If he actually performed consistantly well and was destined to be here we wouldn't have a QB controversy now because it would be a no brainer.

Wys Guy
10-26-2007, 10:48 PM
I wont defend someone that has had his time to shine. Some won't agree and that is there opinion, but this would be a non issue if JP just went out there and showed us he can become our QB of the future. I don't care how bad the coaches or the O-line or whatever is. If he actually performed consistantly well and was destined to be here we wouldn't have a QB controversy now because it would be a no brainer.

If he doesn't merit defending, it's because he's shown absolutely no improvement over last year, not for his "sum total" performances against two of the best Ds in the league.

And people say that preseason is meaningless. I'm pretty sure that JP would argue that. I guarantee that if he had lit it up in limited action in preseason, then he'd still be starting.

Nevertheless, the greater problem in all of this continually gets overlooked. As long as we only give our rookie/young QBs 1-1/2 season's worth of starts to "prove that they're the one," then we'll never have a long-term QB here.

I will guarantee right now that, and assuming Edwards starts the remaining 10 games, that after 13 games next season he won't be what most of us would consider anything close to a finished product for a QB. Yet, if we give Edwards the same time that we just gave JP in terms of starts, then by the end of next season we will come to a full evaluation of him in this way and once again render a final decision.

Meanwhile, it wouldn't surprise me that if the next QB we draft among the top 8 picks refuses to come here.

mybills
10-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Shut up already!

Who are you directing this towards?