PDA

View Full Version : With Vilma out...

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Expect to see a heavy dose of Lynch up the gut and off tackle runs.

I would expect Edwards to go after Revis again as he did in round one so Parrish may have a long catch or two.

If we are on the rise as a team then there is no way we should lose this one.

mysticsoto
10-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Expect to see a heavy dose of Lynch up the gut and off tackle runs.

I would expect Edwards to go after Revis again as he did in round one so Parrish may have a long catch or two.

If we are on the rise as a team then there is no way we should lose this one.

This is a week where we need the Oline to step up and get Lynch that 1st opening for him to get through. After that, he will likely be able to cash in playing Vilma's backup - but he's got to get through the 1st line of defense 1st. I could see Mangini blitzing regularly to add an extra man and attempt to make sure that doesn't happen...

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Mangina?

mybills
10-26-2007, 10:20 AM
This is a week where we need the Oline to step up and get Lynch that 1st opening for him to get through. After that, he will likely be able to cash in playing Vilma's backup - but he's got to get through the 1st line of defense 1st. I could see Mangini blitzing regularly to add an extra man and attempt to make sure that doesn't happen...
100% Exactly!

madness
10-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I agree. Last game it seemed like Vilma was the one bringing down Lynch most of the time.

BEAST MODE SUNDAY!!

mybills
10-26-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't expect them to try long passes either, not with Dyson & co.
I just hope we don't have to rely on Lindell again. :ill:

Jan Reimers
10-26-2007, 10:45 AM
I'd love to see Lynch get a few lanes opened up by the O line and have his first 100 yard game. For as hard as he's played, he deserves it.

The last buffalo fan
10-26-2007, 11:45 AM

Are you watching this game at the stadium?

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I actually think that the run will set up bigger passes, henceforth my 300+ yard prediction on the passing pool.

mybills
10-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Are you watching this game at the stadium?
Sadly no. I don't think Mike got the tickets, or he would've contacted me by now. :(

madness
10-26-2007, 12:46 PM

Actually we probably will be taking some shots downfield in the second half if we have success pounding the rock like the Bengals did. Cincy took advantage of the Jets coverage problems last week by softening up their defense with the run for three quarters and then proceeded to beat them deep on quite a few occasions.

How bad was it? Cincy rushed 41 times and Palmer only threw the ball 21 times (season-low).

Oaf
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
With Vilma out, and them already sucking, if we don't gash them up good, that'll say A LOT about how good our OLine really is.

That being said, Edwards will still need to play well to reduce those 8-in-the-box's.

jamze132
10-26-2007, 01:53 PM
With Vilma out, and them already sucking, if we don't gash them up good, that'll say A LOT about how good our OLine really is.

That being said, Edwards will still need to play well to reduce those 8-in-the-box's.
A lot of Jets fans will say that Vilma's backup, Harris, is more suited for the 3-4 defense they now play than Vilma. Whether or not that is true is hard to tell. if Harris really was better in the 3-4 than Vilma, I have hard time beliving Vilma would have been playing the same position whil Harris is on the sidelines.

BleedinGreenNC
10-26-2007, 01:59 PM
A lot of Jets fans will say that Vilma's backup, Harris, is more suited for the 3-4 defense they now play than Vilma. Whether or not that is true is hard to tell. if Harris really was better in the 3-4 than Vilma, I have hard time beliving Vilma would have been playing the same position whil Harris is on the sidelines.

You have to remeber that the coach is going to remain loyal to the vet, Harris is made for the 34, Vilma was a beast in the 43. Dont sleep on Harris.

mybills
10-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Actually we probably will be taking some shots downfield in the second half if we have success pounding the rock like the Bengals did. Cincy took advantage of the Jets coverage problems last week by softening up their defense with the run for three quarters and then proceeded to beat them deep on quite a few occasions.

How bad was it? Cincy rushed 41 times and Palmer only threw the ball 21 times (season-low).
If is the key word, can he throw deep like Palmer. If he can, Jets won't have a chance.