X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

With Vilma out...

Expect to see a heavy dose of Lynch up the gut and off tackle runs.

I would expect Edwards to go after Revis again as he did in round one so Parrish may have a long catch or two.

If we are on the rise as a team then there is no way we should lose this one.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: With Vilma out...

Originally posted by jpdex12
    Expect to see a heavy dose of Lynch up the gut and off tackle runs.

I would expect Edwards to go after Revis again as he did in round one so Parrish may have a long catch or two.

If we are on the rise as a team then there is no way we should lose this one.
    This is a week where we need the Oline to step up and get Lynch that 1st opening for him to get through. After that, he will likely be able to cash in playing Vilma's backup - but he's got to get through the 1st line of defense 1st. I could see Mangini blitzing regularly to add an extra man and attempt to make sure that doesn't happen...

Comment

• jpdex12
      • Jan 2005

Mangina?
      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
        This is a week where we need the Oline to step up and get Lynch that 1st opening for him to get through. After that, he will likely be able to cash in playing Vilma's backup - but he's got to get through the 1st line of defense 1st. I could see Mangini blitzing regularly to add an extra man and attempt to make sure that doesn't happen...
        100% Exactly!
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

I agree. Last game it seemed like Vilma was the one bringing down Lynch most of the time.

BEAST MODE SUNDAY!!

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I don't expect them to try long passes either, not with Dyson & co.
            I just hope we don't have to rely on Lindell again.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I'd love to see Lynch get a few lanes opened up by the O line and have his first 100 yard game. For as hard as he's played, he deserves it.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                Are you watching this game at the stadium?
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

I actually think that the run will set up bigger passes, henceforth my 300+ yard prediction on the passing pool.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
                    Are you watching this game at the stadium?
                    Sadly no. I don't think Mike got the tickets, or he would've contacted me by now.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                      Actually we probably will be taking some shots downfield in the second half if we have success pounding the rock like the Bengals did. Cincy took advantage of the Jets coverage problems last week by softening up their defense with the run for three quarters and then proceeded to beat them deep on quite a few occasions.

How bad was it? Cincy rushed 41 times and Palmer only threw the ball 21 times (season-low).

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

With Vilma out, and them already sucking, if we don't gash them up good, that'll say A LOT about how good our OLine really is.

That being said, Edwards will still need to play well to reduce those 8-in-the-box's.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
                          With Vilma out, and them already sucking, if we don't gash them up good, that'll say A LOT about how good our OLine really is.

That being said, Edwards will still need to play well to reduce those 8-in-the-box's.
                          A lot of Jets fans will say that Vilma's backup, Harris, is more suited for the 3-4 defense they now play than Vilma. Whether or not that is true is hard to tell. if Harris really was better in the 3-4 than Vilma, I have hard time beliving Vilma would have been playing the same position whil Harris is on the sidelines.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                            A lot of Jets fans will say that Vilma's backup, Harris, is more suited for the 3-4 defense they now play than Vilma. Whether or not that is true is hard to tell. if Harris really was better in the 3-4 than Vilma, I have hard time beliving Vilma would have been playing the same position whil Harris is on the sidelines.
                            You have to remeber that the coach is going to remain loyal to the vet, Harris is made for the 34, Vilma was a beast in the 43. Dont sleep on Harris.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                              Actually we probably will be taking some shots downfield in the second half if we have success pounding the rock like the Bengals did. Cincy took advantage of the Jets coverage problems last week by softening up their defense with the run for three quarters and then proceeded to beat them deep on quite a few occasions.

How bad was it? Cincy rushed 41 times and Palmer only threw the ball 21 times (season-low).
                              If is the key word, can he throw deep like Palmer. If he can, Jets won't have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X