PDA

View Full Version : Marvs team

FlyingDutchman
10-26-2007, 08:34 AM
With Edwards now taking over the starting QB role, this has really turned into the Levy eras team. While im not completely happy with some of the money we have spent on FA's (Walker, Royal), I am very pleased with this team that Marv has been building through the draft. In Marvs 2 years, this team has received a face lift, and IMO headed in the right direction and should be a solid contender in the next couple of years and should remain so bc of the young talent. Just take a look at his draft picks that are now starting at crucial positions...

Defense...
McCargo (starting to show flashes of why he was a 1st rounder)
Williams
Ellison (still on the fence on him)
Whitner
Simpson (along with Whitner, could become one of the best tandems in the league)
Poz (IMO, is going to be a beast)

...Jury is still out on Youboty

Offense..
Lynch ( I love this kid)
Edwards (a starting QB in the 3rd round who is showing more potential than those selected in front of him)
Wright (hasnt had the chance to prove much yet, but looks like he could be a solid back up)

My point is, here are 9 players out of 22 who are starting and making an impact in only 2 years of drafting. You could even throw in players like Wendling who is going to be a solid ST player. With one more year of a draft, this team could have the final pieces in place to be successful for years. I look to Marv to go after a WR, CB, TE, DE, and DT next year put in the missing pieces.

BuffaloBlakely14
10-26-2007, 09:21 AM
I love the drafts that we have had under Marv. We have consistently getting value and impact players from all rounds of the draft. I cant say how excited I am about the future direction of this team and the type of players that are on this team. You can tell by the way they have been fighting all year that the character of this team is extremely high and goes along with Marv's strategy.

Don't Panic
10-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Good post and for the most part I agree. I don't like every one of Marv's moves, but seen as a whole, it is definitely an improvement over where we were.

Mahdi
10-26-2007, 09:26 AM
With Edwards now taking over the starting QB role, this has really turned into the Levy eras team. While im not completely happy with some of the money we have spent on FA's (Walker, Royal), I am very pleased with this team that Marv has been building through the draft. In Marvs 2 years, this team has received a face lift, and IMO headed in the right direction and should be a solid contender in the next couple of years and should remain so bc of the young talent. Just take a look at his draft picks that are now starting at crucial positions...

Defense...
McCargo (starting to show flashes of why he was a 1st rounder)
Williams
Ellison (still on the fence on him)
Whitner
Simpson (along with Whitner, could become one of the best tandems in the league)
Poz (IMO, is going to be a beast)

...Jury is still out on Youboty

Offense..
Lynch ( I love this kid)
Edwards (a starting QB in the 3rd round who is showing more potential than those selected in front of him)
Wright (hasnt had the chance to prove much yet, but looks like he could be a solid back up)

My point is, here are 9 players out of 22 who are starting and making an impact in only 2 years of drafting. You could even throw in players like Wendling who is going to be a solid ST player. With one more year of a draft, this team could have the final pieces in place to be successful for years. I look to Marv to go after a WR, CB, TE, DE, and DT next year put in the missing pieces.
I dont know why some ppl insist on putting down Walker. The guy has been one of our best linemen. He has pass blocked extremely well and on top of that against tough 3-4 teams where he's having to protect against speedy LBS all day. He has shown his athleticism and he has also done well in run blocking. Lynch has done well running to the right side behind Walker.

gr8slayer
10-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I dont know why some ppl insist on putting down Walker. The guy has been one of our best linemen. He has pass blocked extremely well and on top of that against tough 3-4 teams where he's having to protect against speedy LBS all day. He has shown his athleticism and he has also done well in run blocking. Lynch has done well running to the right side behind Walker.
Seriously, I took all the negative things the Raider fans said about him and wrote them down when we signed him. I've been looking for all these bad things every single game and have only seen a handful of them. He's been our second best OL thus far IMO.

FlyingDutchman
10-26-2007, 09:33 AM
I dont think Walker is terrible or anything, just dont know yet if hes worth 25 mill

Mahdi
10-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Seriously, I took all the negative things the Raider fans said about him and wrote them down when we signed him. I've been looking for all these bad things every single game and have only seen a handful of them. He's been our second best OL thus far IMO.
The Raiders OL was probably one of the worst OL ever, Walter Jones would have looked bad on that line.

Mahdi
10-26-2007, 09:35 AM
I dont think Walker is terrible or anything, just dont know yet if hes worth 25 mill
I doubt the contract is as good as that number suggests. Plus until we get some credibility as a contender we will always have to overpay.

FlyingDutchman
10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
I doubt the contract is as good as that number suggests. Plus until we get some credibility as a contender we will always have to overpay.
good point