PDA

View Full Version : SI.com article on Dolphins going 0-16

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Here's a funny quote:

Years from now, conspiracy theorists will wonder if the communications system was faulty in the Dolphins draft room that day. ("I said Quinn, not Ginn! Quinn! Quinn!!!!")

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/damon_hack/10/24/notes/index.html

I never thought of that. :rofl:

LtFinFan66
10-26-2007, 09:41 AM
That's bull****. How about Quinn see the field before they proclaim a mistake was made. What has Brady done thus far:idunno:. We drafted our QB in Beck and he will see the field before Quinn. Mark these words: Quinn will be out performed by Beck. He was overrated and still is

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2007, 09:44 AM
I have to agree. Beck could work out well for them. I am not sold on Brady either.

The quote was funny though.

LtFinFan66
10-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I guess I can agree with that part

don137
10-26-2007, 09:57 AM
That's bull****. How about Quinn see the field before they proclaim a mistake was made. What has Brady done thus far:idunno:. We drafted our QB in Beck and he will see the field before Quinn. Mark these words: Quinn will be out performed by Beck. He was overrated and still is

What has Ginn done so far?

Time will tell as to who will be the better pro between Beck and Quinn. However, Quinn may not be starting anytime in the near future. Cleveland may of found there QB of the future and its not Quinn.

LtFinFan66
10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Ginn has done more than Quinn. It's not the fact we took Ginn, it's the fact that they ALWAYS fail to mention that we drafted a QB in the 2nd round

THATHURMANATOR
10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Beck could be good but isn't he already like 27 years old?

HHURRICANE
10-26-2007, 10:32 AM
The ESPN article is even worse:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3078766

"It's bad. ... And I really don't know how you fix it."

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
That's all I'm saying. It was a funny quote. :miyagi:

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Ginn is actually pretty good but I just felt QB was more of a pressing need for a while now. The fins need to find a franchise QB to become strong again & at what point does that become clear to the coaching staff is the bigger question.

The Bills have been trying for years to find one and we just started over with a good looking one. Hopefully he stays healthy and plays well, here's to hoping.

gr8slayer
10-26-2007, 10:48 AM
There's no way they go 0-16....

Coach Sal
10-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Beck could be good but isn't he already like 27 years old?

YES!

That's the problem with what the Dolphins did.

They knew they had a QB problem and needed to find someone long-term, because they knew they were rebuilding. Then they go out and draft Beck, who will be 27 years old when the season starts next year! Even if he were to "grow" into a good NFL QB, his window will close rapidly and he will be over 30 with only 4 years experience by the time they build the necessary parts around him. That's not terrible, but it has to make you question their philosophy.

Quinn, on the other hand, will only be 23 years old tomorrow!

Drafting Ginn over Quinn was a bad move. But it was made even worse by drafting the (at the time of the draft) 26 year-old Beck over Drew Stanton (22) or even Trent Edwards (23).

cocamide
10-26-2007, 12:00 PM
There's no way they go 0-16....

I'd rather have them win out in some miraculous way then have them go 1-15 with their one win against us. Of course, 0-16 would be awesome.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
I'd love to see them go 0-16 and make those '72 Dolphins shove their champaign bottles up theis ass.

Stewie
10-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't really see age as a problem with QB's. A good cube can play well into his thirties. I dunno if Beck's any good, but I don't think age will be a factor in his career if he turns out to be allright.

Coach Sal
10-26-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't really see age as a problem with QB's. A good cube can play well into his thirties. I dunno if Beck's any good, but I don't think age will be a factor in his career if he turns out to be allright.

Of course they can.

But for the plan of that organization, why would they not want to have them all grow together? His window of success will be much smaller than those around him once they put all the parts in place.

That's one of the things I think the Bills are doing right.

All these young guys are fairly close in age and will grow together and have a good 3-4 year window to try and get something together if the FO plays the contract situations right.

jamze132
10-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I will admit, I didn't do a great deal of research before the draft last year, but I don't think Quinn will do jack in the NFL. And I never even heard of Beck until the Dolphins selected him in the 2nd. And now I hear that he is 27?

Well, they still might as well play him over Lemon.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I will admit, I didn't do a great deal of research before the draft last year, but I don't think Quinn will do jack in the NFL. And I never even heard of Beck until the Dolphins selected him in the 2nd. And now I hear that he is 27?

Well, they still might as well play him over Lemon.

It's the devil or the fire type situation, no way to win.

Ickybaluky
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Mark these words: Quinn will be out performed by Beck. He was overrated and still is

I could not disagree more. I think Brady Quinn is going to be a real good NFL QB. He does a lot of little things well, has the intangibles and is a better athlete than people give him credit for.

All you need to do is look at what an incredibly crappy team Notre Dame has this season. They can't score, yet last year Quinn held that team afloat.

I like Ted Ginn and it is unfortunate he is in the position he is, but he will never live up to his draft position. Ginn just isn't a very polished WR. He wasn't at Ohio State either. He looks like he is going to be a 3rd WR/Return guy, and that is the type of guy you pick in the middle rounds. I like him

Houston drafted Jerome Mathis in the 3rd round, and he is the same kind of player as Ginn. Same size and speed, and a better returner.

Miami will rue that pick for years.

FinFaninBuffalo
10-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Jim Kelly was 26 when he took his first snap for the Bills. Do any Bills fans care about that now?

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Jim Kelly was 26 when he took his first snap for the Bills. Do any Bills fans care about that now?
Jim Kelly got several years of pro experience in USFL before coming to the Bills.

Beck had 3 years of church mission before college.

Historian
10-26-2007, 04:05 PM
0-16?

How delicious would that be?

:squish:

MikeInRoch
10-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I hear working for a mission can really help with the long ball.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Nobody gave us a chance in hell to beat the cowboys. The fins can still beat us.

LtFinFan66
10-26-2007, 04:57 PM
I am not going to argue the Ginn/Quinn/Beck/Edwards/age question with some of you guys. If the Bills or Pats at done it, you would spin it in your favor. Time will tell

Albany,n.y.
10-26-2007, 05:19 PM
and both have been, are being, and always will be outperformed by Trent Edwards.

LtFinFan66
10-26-2007, 05:25 PM
yeah....sure....ok

Mr. Pink
10-26-2007, 05:30 PM
If Trent outperformed them for all-time, like you suggest, Trent would have been the second QB taken in the NFL draft. Think before you post.

BillsOverDolphins
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
No way they go 0-16...2-14 with home wins against bills and jets

Stewie
10-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Of course they can.

But for the plan of that organization, why would they not want to have them all grow together? His window of success will be much smaller than those around him once they put all the parts in place.

That's one of the things I think the Bills are doing right.

All these young guys are fairly close in age and will grow together and have a good 3-4 year window to try and get something together if the FO plays the contract situations right.

I see your point of growing together on the field, but I don't see what age has to do with it. If they're playing for 3-6 years together, I don't care if the qb was 22 or 28 when they started.

im4bflo
10-27-2007, 04:21 PM
:lolpoint::fishy:

Typ0
10-27-2007, 04:26 PM
none of this talk matters. The only thing that matters is the Dolphins are pathetic and the best news it's because they are old instead of young.

LtFinFan66
10-27-2007, 04:29 PM
none of this talk matters. The only thing that matters is the Dolphins are pathetic and the best news it's because they are old instead of young.Old on half the D-line and 2 linebackers. That is it. Do some research:up:

im4bflo
10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
none of this talk matters. The only thing that matters is the Dolphins are pathetic and the best news it's because they are old instead of young.

I thought it was because they sucked! :lmao:

Typ0
10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I thought it was because they sucked! :lmao:

not just that they suck..it's what they suck.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I hear working for a mission can really help with the long ball.
Actually it helps with the Hail Mary Pass :)