PDA

View Full Version : With Peerless on IR

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 10:36 AM
We really need a WR.

I think that a good defensive tackle would have been our first pick in the draft depending on who is available but WR may be our first pick.

Any thoughts?

Jan Reimers
10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
With the development of McCargo, I think WR is the bigger need. We need a big, fast guy to compliment the "Smurfs" that we have now.

OpIv37
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
We needed a WR even when Price was on the roster.

Both Price and Reed have backloaded contracts and are due to make hefty salaries next year, so even before the injury it was pretty clear that one or both are gone.

I wouldn't be opposed to WR with the first pick, but it depends on how McCargo and Williams develop at DT and who is available.

bigbub2352
10-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I agree with u OP, WR and TE would be nice sign a DT in FA, or a WR in FA too or both, Bryant Johnson would be an excellent 3 wr, and draft a real number 2, reed can get cut for all i care, but we need to surround TE with as many weapons as possible

Mad Bomber
10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
We needed a WR even when Price was on the roster.

With the development of McCargo, I think WR is the bigger need. We need a big, fast guy to compliment the "Smurfs" that we have now.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Agreed. I'd love to have a big WR like Adarius Bowman; it could really help our red zone offense.

Mahdi
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Agreed. I'd love to have a big WR like Adarius Bowman; it could really help our red zone offense.
Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed would be great additions as well, but, if were picking in the top 7 theres no way we take any WR. It would have to be one of the premier players like:

Dorsey DT LSU

Andre Woodson QB Kentucky

Calais Campbell DE Miami

Kenny Philips S Miami

Darren McFadden RB Arkansas (could draft him and trade him but his value is too high to pass up on if we get the chance)

Jake Long OT Michigan ( I dont think we take him but he will go in the top 5-7)

Brian Brohm ( the only QB we would take if given the opportunity would have to be Woodson, but Brohm will go somewhere in the top 5-7 as well)

Mad Bomber
10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed would be great additions as well, but, if were picking in the top 7 theres no way we take any WR.
I agree. However, I wasn't thinking that we would be picking in the top 7. :up:

Mahdi
10-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree. However, I wasn't thinking that we would be picking in the top 7. :up:
I was just giving a scenario that if we were picking in the top 7 we wouldnt go WR. Wr would be a great value pick between 12-20

jamze132
10-26-2007, 01:59 PM
In FA after the seaosn, we need to get the best receiver out there. we are going to release, Reed, and Price will be gone. JP will probably be gone as well so there is money. We also need to get a fat bastard for the D-line. I would like to find a very good TE through the draft as well as another reciever or two.

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed would be great additions as well, but, if were picking in the top 7 theres no way we take any WR. It would have to be one of the premier players like:

Dorsey DT LSU

Andre Woodson QB Kentucky

Calais Campbell DE Miami

Kenny Philips S Miami

Darren McFadden RB Arkansas (could draft him and trade him but his value is too high to pass up on if we get the chance)

Jake Long OT Michigan ( I dont think we take him but he will go in the top 5-7)

Brian Brohm ( the only QB we would take if given the opportunity would have to be Woodson, but Brohm will go somewhere in the top 5-7 as well)

If we end up drafting around 10-15 again this year then Limas or Malcomb would be great picks unless we trade for Chad Johnson in the off season...

We are getting ahead of ourselves with this talk. Just like I did with the Who does TE remind you of thread...