• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

With Peerless on IR

We really need a WR.

I think that a good defensive tackle would have been our first pick in the draft depending on who is available but WR may be our first pick.

Any thoughts?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: With Peerless on IR

With the development of McCargo, I think WR is the bigger need. We need a big, fast guy to compliment the "Smurfs" that we have now.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

We needed a WR even when Price was on the roster.

Both Price and Reed have backloaded contracts and are due to make hefty salaries next year, so even before the injury it was pretty clear that one or both are gone.

I wouldn't be opposed to WR with the first pick, but it depends on how McCargo and Williams develop at DT and who is available.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

I agree with u OP, WR and TE would be nice sign a DT in FA, or a WR in FA too or both, Bryant Johnson would be an excellent 3 wr, and draft a real number 2, reed can get cut for all i care, but we need to surround TE with as many weapons as possible
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          We needed a WR even when Price was on the roster.
          Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          With the development of McCargo, I think WR is the bigger need. We need a big, fast guy to compliment the "Smurfs" that we have now.

Agreed. I'd love to have a big WR like Adarius Bowman; it could really help our red zone offense.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

Agreed. I'd love to have a big WR like Adarius Bowman; it could really help our red zone offense.
            Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed would be great additions as well, but, if were picking in the top 7 theres no way we take any WR. It would have to be one of the premier players like:

Dorsey DT LSU

Andre Woodson QB Kentucky

Calais Campbell DE Miami

Kenny Philips S Miami

Darren McFadden RB Arkansas (could draft him and trade him but his value is too high to pass up on if we get the chance)

Jake Long OT Michigan ( I dont think we take him but he will go in the top 5-7)

Brian Brohm ( the only QB we would take if given the opportunity would have to be Woodson, but Brohm will go somewhere in the top 5-7 as well)

Comment

• Mad Bomber
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
              Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed would be great additions as well, but, if were picking in the top 7 theres no way we take any WR.
              I agree. However, I wasn't thinking that we would be picking in the top 7.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                I agree. However, I wasn't thinking that we would be picking in the top 7.
                I was just giving a scenario that if we were picking in the top 7 we wouldnt go WR. Wr would be a great value pick between 12-20

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

In FA after the seaosn, we need to get the best receiver out there. we are going to release, Reed, and Price will be gone. JP will probably be gone as well so there is money. We also need to get a fat bastard for the D-line. I would like to find a very good TE through the draft as well as another reciever or two.

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed would be great additions as well, but, if were picking in the top 7 theres no way we take any WR. It would have to be one of the premier players like:

Dorsey DT LSU

Andre Woodson QB Kentucky

Calais Campbell DE Miami

Kenny Philips S Miami

Darren McFadden RB Arkansas (could draft him and trade him but his value is too high to pass up on if we get the chance)

Jake Long OT Michigan ( I dont think we take him but he will go in the top 5-7)

Brian Brohm ( the only QB we would take if given the opportunity would have to be Woodson, but Brohm will go somewhere in the top 5-7 as well)
                    If we end up drafting around 10-15 again this year then Limas or Malcomb would be great picks unless we trade for Chad Johnson in the off season...

We are getting ahead of ourselves with this talk. Just like I did with the Who does TE remind you of thread...
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

Working...
                    X