PDA

View Full Version : Whitner singles out moms who need a break

shelby
10-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Another reason to love the kid!:up:

To show his appreciation for everything his mother and grandmother did for him, Buffalo Bills strong safety Donte Whitner came up with an idea to honor them by hosting a contest for single moms in Western New York to compete for a chance to spend a day at a local spa.
The Single Mother Spa Day will be held Nov. 17, at the Seasons Day Spa in Hamburg. Contestants must submit written entries about why they are most deserving of a day at the spa.
Whitner will choose four winners who will be taken by limousine to the spa, where they will be joined by his mother. They will be treated to a luncheon as well.
Donte said this is just one way for him to say “thank you” to the woman who helped make him the man he is today.
“My mom worked so hard that she never got the opportunity to go to a spa or anything like that,” said Donte, who is holding the same contest in his native Cleveland. “Most of her time, money and focus were on her kids. She worked two, three jobs. There’s a lot of single moms who have dedicated their lives, time and money to their kids, and I just wanted to give them an opportunity to enjoy a day at the spa where they don’t have any worries.
“It gives them a chance to go to a place where they can get pampered instead of them doing all the pampering.”

full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/192617.html)

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Class act indeed.

Meathead
10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
travis and willis do that too. sorta

Pride
10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
:up:

Stewie
10-26-2007, 01:22 PM
lol.. I know the story doesn't fit but when I saw the headline, the first thing I thought of was Bill Murray in kingpin.

Gunzlingr
10-26-2007, 01:40 PM
http://www.mofos.net/isupportsinglemomstshirt.gif

trapezeus
10-26-2007, 01:57 PM
whitner is a cool guy. last week prior to the ravens game, he said something like "willis was saying all that stuff about buffalo when he was here." I thought that was cool because it seemed like he stood by buffalo and wasn't going to give Mcgahee a free pass.

whitner has been incredible on the field and sometimes he has us wondering why we took him so high. but he definitely isn't a bust, and as the front 4 and Lbs get better, he's really going to develop.