PDA

View Full Version : You think alot of teams are sorry they missed Edwards on draft day??

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Everybody had a few shots at him and passed. He is currently the only Rookie QB that's a full time starter as well.

The Answer
10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Everybody had a few shots at him and passed. He is currently the only Rookie QB that's a full time starter as well.

The Answer has heard from various sources around the league that several teams front offices are kicking themselves in the head for passing on the next Tom Brady.

Finally something goes our way and thank you Marv Levy for drafting the young stud that will save this sagging franchise from extinction!

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
The Answer has heard from various sources around the league that several teams front offices are kicking themselves in the head for passing on the next Tom Brady.

Finally something goes our way and thank you Marv Levy for drafting the young stud that will save this sagging franchise from extinction!

~The Answer

If TE does come through like I think he will, it may have a great affect on keeping the team in Buffalo. It normally becomes more difficult to move a world champion team.

OpIv37
10-26-2007, 11:48 AM
seriously, you people are going overboard and being the ultimate homers here.

I like Trent and he definitely has potential, but he has a 2-2 record over 4 games where he played well for a rookie (which is not the same as playing well).

Please, try to put this in persepective. Is there reason for hope? Yes. Is Edwards the next Brady? It's WAY too early to tell, and he'll never be the next Brady unless we get him some receivers.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
So where are those posters who said Edwards was a terrible pick for us and how he was a luxury we couldn't afford?

I think I remember some of who they were...:scratch:

The Answer
10-26-2007, 11:54 AM
seriously, you people are going overboard and being the ultimate homers here.

I like Trent and he definitely has potential, but he has a 2-2 record over 4 games where he played well for a rookie (which is not the same as playing well).

Please, try to put this in persepective. Is there reason for hope? Yes. Is Edwards the next Brady? It's WAY too early to tell, and he'll never be the next Brady unless we get him some receivers.

For the 100th time - Edwards is 2 - 1 as a starter not 2 - 2

Also Brady never had receivers either until this year. If Evans stays a bill and produces all we need is to find a legit #2 and a true TE threat this offseason and we'll be good. Lynch is primed for beast mode as well and it's only a matter of time before he starts catching some screen passes and taking them to the house!

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM

How much of the NE game did JP play?

Michael82
10-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Skooby, you are really beating this issue to death! ENOUGH Already!!! :mad: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/7-1169656244.gif

Gunzlingr
10-26-2007, 12:05 PM

~The Answer

:rofl:
:lol:

PECKERWOOD
10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Dude, he is only a rookie. Let's not proclaim him as the next Tom Brady. Have none of you learned from the Losman situation?

The Answer
10-26-2007, 12:10 PM

The Answer isn't going to pull out the NFL rule book - but the QB that starts the game is credit for the W/L - whether he plays for 1 series or 10 series.

Edwards had no preparation yet managed to drive the team right down the field for a TD unlike Loseman who fumbled the ball away on his last play as a starting QB for the Buffalo Bills - pretty fitting he will be remembered for his usual inept, turnover prone play.

~The Answer

Michael82
Dude, he is only a rookie. Let's not proclaim him as the next Tom Brady. Have none of you learned from the Losman situation?
Plus he doesn't really have good stats right now either. Personally, I don't think he could carry Brady's jock right now and I don't ever see him approaching Brady level.

OpIv37

Also Brady never had receivers either until this year. If Evans stays a bill and produces all we need is to find a legit #2 and a true TE threat this offseason and we'll be good. Lynch is primed for beast mode as well and it's only a matter of time before he starts catching some screen passes and taking them to the house!

~The Answer

he's 2-2 in the games where he's played. Losman only had one series in the Pats game. You're splitting hairs.

OpIv37
10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
So where are those posters who said Edwards was a terrible pick for us and how he was a luxury we couldn't afford?

I think I remember some of who they were...:scratch:

I'll admit to being one of those people, but before you gloat, remember that Edwards' numbers aren't much better than Losman's and there are several positions on the field where we're hurting. So you really can't say definitively that drafting Edwards was better for the team than picking someone for another position (at least not yet).

Wraith
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
The Answer isn't going to pull out the NFL rule book - but the QB that starts the game is credit for the W/L - whether he plays for 1 series or 10 series.

Edwards had no preparation yet managed to drive the team right down the field for a TD unlike Loseman who fumbled the ball away on his last play as a starting QB for the Buffalo Bills - pretty fitting he will be remembered for his usual inept, turnover prone play.

~The Answer

This isn't baseball. No quarterback gets credited for a win/loss regardless of what happens.

That being said, if Buffalo had managed to hold onto the lead against New England you would say Losman got the win for that despite only playing three plays? Bull****.

Post edited due to namecalling. ~CG

The Answer
10-26-2007, 12:18 PM
This isn't baseball, dumbass. No quarterback gets credited for a win/loss regardless of what happens.

That being said, if Buffalo had managed to hold onto the lead against New England you would say Losman got the win for that despite only playing three plays? Bull****.

EDWARDS IS 2-1 AS A STARTER - DEAL WITH IT!

We weren't beating the pats with Loseman or God anyway so it's a moot point.

~The Answer

Wraith
10-26-2007, 12:19 PM

~The Answer

You didn't answer the question.

THATHURMANATOR
10-26-2007, 12:24 PM

~The Answer
Right but his overall record is 2-2. That is fact.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM

~The Answer
So if you take the first slice of the pizza and I finish the rest, you're the fat ass that's credited for eating the whole pizza?

Mad Bomber
10-26-2007, 12:26 PM

...for a player who won't contribute at all in 2007?

Who were they anyway? :scratch:

Mad Bomber
10-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I'll admit to being one of those people, but before you gloat, remember that Edwards' numbers aren't much better than Losman's and there are several positions on the field where we're hurting. So you really can't say definitively that drafting Edwards was better for the team than picking someone for another position (at least not yet).

Except that when JP got hurt we'd have had Craig Nall as QB...

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
...for a player who won't contribute at all in 2007?

Who were they anyway? :scratch:
They know who they are. Just too embarassed to admit it now.

:lolpoint::loser:

DraftBoy
10-26-2007, 12:38 PM
They know who they are. Just too embarassed to admit it now.

:lolpoint::loser::wave:

I stand by every comment I made, could I be wrong? Oh yea, have been multiple times, but I dont see any reason to doubt myself yet.

PECKERWOOD
10-26-2007, 12:43 PM
I thought TE was a wasted pick in 07 and I was wrong. There, that wasn't hard. :idunno:

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 12:45 PM

I think I remember some of who they were...:scratch: Ron Edwards is still a wasted pick IMO.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 01:44 PM
So if you take the first slice of the pizza and I finish the rest, you're the fat ass that's credited for eating the whole pizza?

Folks, TE had basically no reps during the week and did not start. He filled in for the injured starting QB, that is why he cannot take credit for the loss. History will show TE's first game a win.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2007, 01:47 PM
:wave:

I stand by every comment I made, could I be wrong? Oh yea, have been multiple times, but I dont see any reason to doubt myself yet.

Put me in the same boat as DB on this one. As of right now it may appear that I was wrong too, but the situation will play itself out over time.

BleedinGreenNC
10-26-2007, 01:48 PM

~The Answer

Next Tom Brady??

PromoTheRobot
10-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Right but his overall record is 2-2. That is fact.
Edwards record is 0-4. Because the 2 games the Bills won, JP could've done better. And the 4 games we lost Edwards was somewhere inside the stadium, so it's his fault. Those are the facts. Deal with it. :bad:

PTR

trapezeus
10-26-2007, 01:50 PM
i think this is a fair post. it's different from the rest of the JP vs TE posts.

personally, i think no one is evaluating the 2007 draft from a personnel standpoint in the NFL. TE's knocks were that he was a losing QB with injury problems. none of the has been settled definitively by playing on the Bills.

let's see how this season turns out for him...then i think you'll see teams like minny, jacksonville, etc who knew they wanted a different QB, take a hit for passing on him.....based on TE continuing his growth.

jamze132
10-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I remember asking why we took another QB so early, then I remembered that Levy didn't draft JP so he wanted to make sure he got his guy.

Regardless, all I care about is getting wins. If Jeff George can get us some wins, bring em' in!

SABURZFAN
10-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Skooby, you are really beating this issue to death! ENOUGH Already!!! :mad: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/7-1169656244.gif

it's no different than you whining how Lossman is getting screwed.you should practice what you preach.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 02:14 PM
it's no different than you whining how Lossman is getting screwed.you should practice what you preach.

I am sick of hearing about our backup, frank reich never got this much airtime. Let's move on as a group with our starter, TE.

SABURZFAN
10-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Ron Edwards is still a wasted pick IMO.

so is Lossman.JMO

Michael82
10-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Pot, kettle, black. Do you really want to go there? You are the one who continued to beat up Losman, even when he was injured and all summer long. You are one that wouldn't leave the horse alone. :rolleyes:

shelby
10-27-2007, 07:15 AM
"the next Tom Brady"?

A bit premature, i think.

Mitchy moo
10-27-2007, 07:33 AM
"the next Tom Brady"?

A bit premature, i think.

That's the second time you said that today. :bad:

mybills
10-27-2007, 08:32 AM
To answer the tread title - NO. Not a lot.

:spit: :rofl: :roflmao: :hi5: :bf1:

Cntrygal
10-27-2007, 10:09 AM
To answer the tread title - NO. Not a lot.

:spit: :rofl: :roflmao: :hi5: :bf1:

Rep and ZB's coming your way for answering the thread topic.

Cntrygal
10-27-2007, 10:12 AM
In fact... sifting thru the thread... there were a few people that managed to respond to the topic... rep and zb's coming your way too.

Mitchy moo
10-27-2007, 10:48 AM
In fact... sifting thru the thread... there were a few people that managed to respond to the topic... rep and zb's coming your way too.

Thx for everything C-gal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YardRat
10-27-2007, 12:31 PM
1-I would guess there are a few teams at this point that have at least thought out loud that they wished they would have drafted him. Let's see how he does the rest of the year.

2-Frank Reich got a ton of press when he replaced Kelly after injury, especially after he won a few games in a row and a couple of play-off games, including The Comeback. His first couple of games weren't exactly impressive from a statistical standpoint, either, but he got better as time went on.

3-I didn't like the pick of Edwards at the time...Thought they should've gone CB. Then again, I didn't think a starting QB would be a 'need' at that time, either. I'm glad they snagged him now, though.

PECKERWOOD
10-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I bet ya the Jets, Miami, Chicago and Detroit have all thought about it!

Wally The Barber
10-27-2007, 12:42 PM
If I was Miami or Minnasota, I would be REAL sorry

YardRat
10-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Nobody has seen Beck play for Miami, yet. They may not regret it at all by the end of the year.

PECKERWOOD
10-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Nobody has seen Beck play for Miami, yet. They may not regret it at all by the end of the year.

I'd rather have drafted a capable QB in the 3rd rather then the 2nd. They could have done so many other things with their first two choices.. Just a thought.

Typ0
10-27-2007, 03:23 PM

you watch only the games and that's all you see. You greatly underestimate the importance of preparation. It's the same reason people were still calling JP a rookie last year despite having three years of preparation in an NFL system.

billsburgh
10-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Ron Edwards is still a wasted pick IMO.
Not as much of a waste as Mike Williams.

Spiderweb
10-27-2007, 03:52 PM

~The Answer

For the 101st time, TE played all but three plays. The Pats game was HIS to win or lose. By the way, your third person act is long past "old".

To cling to the "he didn't start so the loss isn't TE's" is pure denial and logic manipulation at best.

Record: 2-2 where it counts.

Hopefully, after tomorrow, it will be 3-2.

YardRat
10-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd rather have drafted a capable QB in the 3rd rather then the 2nd. They could have done so many other things with their first two choices.. Just a thought.

If Beck pans out, there are no woulda's, shoulda's, coulda's...the pick would then be justified.

mybills
10-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Rep and ZB's coming your way for answering the thread topic.
:up:
Luisito groaned my answer! :baby:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-27-2007, 07:49 PM

~The Answer

DAM! YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS!

PECKERWOOD
10-27-2007, 09:20 PM
If Beck pans out, there are no woulda's, shoulda's, coulda's...the pick would then be justified.

It would be even more justified if he was taken in the 3rd and he pans out. That's what's commonly known as a steal and it would mean that they would have gotten better value in the 3rd round than some did in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

YardRat
10-27-2007, 09:31 PM
It would be even more justified if he was taken in the 3rd and he pans out. That's what's commonly known as a steal and it would mean that they would have gotten better value in the 3rd round than some did in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

You're assuming that Beck would be available in the third, and that their second round pick would have an impact. For argument's sake, their theoretical second-rounder could've been a bust. Beck could still be a bust...he hasn't even seen the field yet.

Once the draft is over, where a player was taken is moot. From that point on it only matters when, if, and how much he contributes.

mybills
10-28-2007, 07:46 AM
The question asked if (a lot) of teams are sorry. There are probably (some) teams that are, but it's doubtful that there are (a lot). Many teams thought they had that position covered, and needed help in other areas, while (some) teams did need a QB, and picked them early. While some other teams that could've used one may have had no early enough picks.

DAM! YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS!
That's not the word I was thinking of. :D