PDA

View Full Version : 5 offsides penalties

Pride
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Was that due to Edwards' hard count? Or just an inept Ravens front 4?

OpIv37
10-26-2007, 11:49 AM
inept Ravens front 4? The Ravens have a great front four, although they did have a few injuries that game.

I would think it had something to do with Edwards.

jamze132
10-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Terrel Suggs said Trent gave them a hard time with their timing, which he said is crucial to their success. So there you have it, how to beat the Ravens.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
should I make the KH comaprrison with the hard counts :couch:

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM

Maybe you could compare KH's career stats to your boy JP's. Then make the case as to who was better.

John Doe
10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
That is why home field is such an advantage.

Trent did not have to deal with the crowd noise that he would get at an opponent's house and have to go to the "silent" snap count. He got to mess with the Ravens with his cadence and it was a very big factor in the game. Factor all those penalties PLUS the pass to Roscoe Parrish that drew a 34 yard penalty and you can see how the team won with mediocre stats.

That is also a reason why stats are sometimes a misleading indicator of team play.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Maybe you could compare KH's career stats to your boy JP's. Then make the case as to who was better.
Lol! If Edwards get's screwed will you say my boy Trent too?

BTW, it was a compliment. KH was one hell of a qb drawing offsides via the hard count. Don't be so sensitive .

jamze132
10-26-2007, 05:01 PM

Holcomb and JP don't have much to do with this particular thread.

Wys Guy
10-26-2007, 10:36 PM
inept Ravens front 4? The Ravens have a great front four, although they did have a few injuries that game.

I would think it had something to do with Edwards.

Actually, the Ravens play a 3-4, so I guess they have a front-3. LOL

According to the Gamebook it was only four offsides; Suggs (LB), Johnson (LB), Rolle (DB), and Ngata (DT).

FWIW, all four were in the 1st Q, three of the four were within the first half of the first Q on the first two drives.

Bannan committed a neutral zone infraction, but I don't remember if that was he lined up that way or it was essentially and offsides.

Either way, Bannan isn't good. Gregg and Ngata are however. That's their starting DL.

It could easily have been overeagerness and attempting to read the snap count for the two LBs and DB. I don't recall.