PDA

View Full Version : Lynch on pace for a 1218 yard season!!

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Way to go!!!!! GO BILLS!!
<TABLE class="w265px smallDataTable" cellSpacing=0 _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR class=dataSubHeaders _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">Rushing</TD><TD _extended="true">Car</TD><TD _extended="true">Yds</TD><TD _extended="true">Avg</TD><TD _extended="true">TDs</TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=alignLeft style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px" _extended="true">Marshawn Lynch (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=LYN442976)</TD><TD _extended="true">127</TD><TD _extended="true">457</TD><TD _extended="true">3.6</TD><TD _extended="true">4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Slim
10-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Thats pretty good, i could see him even running for more than that with the softer teams ahead. Not to be comparing but was is AP on pace for, like 2,300?

SquishDaFish
10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Sweet I cant wait for the O to get its **** together then that kid is going to be special.

jamze132
10-26-2007, 03:43 PM
It's pretty scary that the guy is on pace to have a 1200+ yard season and has yet to post a 100yd game.

I guess the word you could use to describe him right now is "consistent". He is constantly running hard and putting up a solid 70-80 yds per game.

He also might reach double figures in TDs this rookie season as well.

AFC Rookie of the Year!

Luisito23
10-26-2007, 03:46 PM
GO LYNCH...GO!!!!!!!!!!..............

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlton Bailey
10-26-2007, 03:57 PM
edit

LtFinFan66
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
He needs to kick his average per carry up though. I guess as the offense gets together, that may come

Ed
10-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Not bad considering he got 84 of those yards against Baltimore and 2 of our other games we got blown out by good teams(Pittsburgh and New England).

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
He needs to kick his average per carry up though.

That's where your fins come in, lol. :fishy:

Wys Guy
10-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Way to go!!!!! GO BILLS!!
<TABLE class="w265px smallDataTable" cellSpacing=0 _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR class=dataSubHeaders _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">Rushing</TD><TD _extended="true">Car</TD><TD _extended="true">Yds</TD><TD _extended="true">Avg</TD><TD _extended="true">TDs</TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=alignLeft style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px" _extended="true">Marshawn Lynch (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=LYN442976)</TD><TD _extended="true">127</TD><TD _extended="true">457</TD><TD _extended="true">3.6</TD><TD _extended="true">4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
He's also on pace for 340 carries to do it at his "impressive" yards-per-carry of 3.6.

A show of hands to anyone truly thinking he'll even have 300 carries let alone 340.

Last year only 10 RBs had 300+ carries. Something tells me that he's going to slow down as the NFL season hits the wintry weather and gets into games 13-16 that he's never play as long a season for.

We'll see though. But at 300+ carries for three or four years and he's gonna be pretty high mileage by the time he's in his prime. I'd let Thomas get some carries before doing that.

Oh, but there I go again, no thinking like the coaches that need to justify being kept around for next year and merely thinking about the future of the team.

Sorry, ... my bad!

BillsOverDolphins
10-26-2007, 10:07 PM
This kid's got tremendous upside, but defenses are putting 8 and 9 in the box cause we can't pass the ball to save our lives...you can only keep running through walls for so long...

Bulldog
10-26-2007, 10:18 PM
He's also on pace for 340 carries to do it at his "impressive" yards-per-carry of 3.6.

A show of hands to anyone truly thinking he'll even have 300 carries let alone 340.

Last year only 10 RBs had 300+ carries. Something tells me that he's going to slow down as the NFL season hits the wintry weather and gets into games 13-16 that he's never play as long a season for.

We'll see though. But at 300+ carries for three or four years and he's gonna be pretty high mileage by the time he's in his prime. I'd let Thomas get some carries before doing that.

Oh, but there I go again, no thinking like the coaches that need to justify being kept around for next year and merely thinking about the future of the team.

Sorry, ... my bad!

Hell with Thomas. I'd get Wright some carries so that he and Lynch can become one of the better RB duo's in the league. Thomas should be left where he belongs, on the bench.

Wys Guy
10-26-2007, 10:22 PM
This kid's got tremendous upside, but defenses are putting 8 and 9 in the box cause we can't pass the ball to save our lives...you can only keep running through walls for so long...

That's true and when they do that to RBs it does shorten their careers. Naturally we're not thinking long-term however. That's one of the bigger problems with our team, just as when Donadope was on the rocks we make all kinds of decisions thinking with our proverbial Dick Jaurons.

Hell with Thomas. I'd get Wright some carries so that he and Lynch can become one of the better RB duo's in the league. Thomas should be left where he belongs, on the bench.

You're starting to make too much sense. It'll never fly at OP.

;)

Wys Guy
10-26-2007, 10:23 PM

BTW, partially facetious above. You can put me in the category that doesn't believe that Wright will ever do anything in the NFL.

gr8slayer
10-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I expect more than that.

Wys Guy
10-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I expect more than that.

Than what?

Is it wise to expect anything from this team?

BillsOverDolphins
10-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Than what?

Is it wise to expect anything from this team?

I expect heartbreak all the time...and I am duly rewarded

Typ0
10-26-2007, 11:19 PM
That's true and when they do that to RBs it does shorten their careers. Naturally we're not thinking long-term however. That's one of the bigger problems with our team, just as when Donadope was on the rocks we make all kinds of decisions thinking with our proverbial Dick Jaurons.

You're starting to make too much sense. It'll never fly at OP.

;)

Our offense is decent right now IMO but still lacking in a couple areas that are killing us. We need to have a bigger receiver to fight in the red zone along with a couple threats at tight end...one in the middle of the field and one in the red zone. Those are the things that are minimizing the commitment we have made to line. We aren't as far away from being competitive as you are saying all the time. There just is no way you are going to be consistent in this league without being at least average in every area of the game.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2007, 09:50 AM
At his current pace of 3.6 YPC...Lynch will need 278 carries for the year to get to 1000 yards. As Wys pointed out, I'm not a fan of running Lynch into the ground in 3-5 seasons by overworking him.

It would be nice if Wright would start getting some carries to see if he has some value to this team...why the A-train is still around baffles me. Or get Fred Jackson some carries, wait, he's a WR now. Scratch that.

patmoran2006
10-27-2007, 10:07 AM
It goes to show you how overated rushing stats really are.

Im a huge Lynch fan, but he's not even come close to a breakout game; yet 1218 rushing yards sounds like a HUGE season.

And like FUntimes said, at his current YPC, if he ends up with that many rushing yards it means he's getting run into the ground. Less carries, open up the passing game more, and hopefully his YPC will increase.. Of course, it would help if our OL would block someone.

YardRat
10-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I'd be surprised if he hits 300 carries. I'd also be surprised if he doesn't end the season at or above 4 YPC.

Barring any time lost due to injury, of course.

billsburgh
10-27-2007, 02:56 PM
this has been the same old story for the past 7 or 8 years.

While I am in no way defending Willis, this is no better than what we ever got from him in terms of yards gained or yards per carry. And this is after the huge investment in the o line this past offseason. what all this points to is the failure of McNally to develop a competent line in his tenure here.

Mitchy moo
10-27-2007, 05:16 PM
this has been the same old story for the past 7 or 8 years.

While I am in no way defending Willis, this is no better than what we ever got from him in terms of yards gained or yards per carry. And this is after the huge investment in the o line this past offseason. what all this points to is the failure of McNally to develop a competent line in his tenure here.

I actually blame the coaches for not calling as many mid-range passes to back the D up. It's funny hearing all this big arm BS when in reality most of the passes that end up winning you the game are between 10-15 yards. You see a majority of the TD's and game breaking plays done with those types of passes, especially quick slants and red zone scores.

Plan on us getting some major stat padding over the course of the next 3 weeks, no more top 5 d's for a month or so.