PDA

View Full Version : JP Trade options

trapezeus
10-26-2007, 02:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-tradeableplayers102507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

at the end, it talks about the two camps on JP. looks like the bills are best served by keeping him, if losman can accept the role. otherwise, middle of the day pick for losman.

Don't Panic
10-26-2007, 02:11 PM
We'll get no better than a 4th rounder for him as it stands now (maybe conditional 3rd, but even that is a stretch). I'm not completely against the 650k backup idea. How else are we going to bring in at that price that would serve as a bette backup/insurance policy?

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 02:13 PM
One is that the Bills hold onto him through '08, in which he has an extremely manageable $650,000 salary.

bigbub2352
10-26-2007, 02:13 PM
JP might feild more than a mid day pick, look at what Houston gave up for Schaub, and Maimi gave up for Feely, he isnt washed up yet, someone could vary well value him higher and think he got a raw deal here

deepslant
10-26-2007, 02:33 PM
JP might feild more than a mid day pick, look at what Houston gave up for Schaub, and Maimi gave up for Feely, he isnt washed up yet, someone could vary well value him higher and think he got a raw deal here
Agreed. Why would a team take a backup with no game experience over JP who had a superb half a season last year? At least he's logged significant time and may be a late bloomer.

Also, why wouldn't an aggressive guy like JP mouth off to make sure he gets either traded or released? How does he lose in such a situation? He gets a chance to start or compete somewhere else and will make the same or more $$ he's getting in Buffalo. Sitting behind Trent for '08 too makes zero sense for JP from a financial, personal, and psyche sense. Ralph won't be able to keep him if/when JP threatens to be a locker room problem unless a trade happens. The premise of JP staying and being happy is ludicrous.

trapezeus
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
i'd like to think that, Bigbub, but feely got a lot because he played well for a short period of time. schaub also came highly rated. hell even Rob johnson got that look and consideration. but losman has played and not extremely well. so it's hard to think a team will look at him, the way they looked at RJ, Schaub and Feely.

unfair but true, i think.

Novacane
10-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Why has everyone been saying he's a FA and can walk at the end of this season?

Forward_Lateral
10-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Why has everyone been saying he's a FA and can walk at the end of this season?

The lack of football knowledge here suprises you?

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Highest bidder wins out of the division.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2007, 02:46 PM
We'll get a second for him. I was listening to Sirrius and they feel like there are 18 good QBs for 32 NFL teams.

JP has value. I'd bet money that we can get a second rounder for him.

deepslant
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Highest bidder wins out of the division.
If edwards survives the entire season.

bigbub2352
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
i'd like to think that, Bigbub, but feely got a lot because he played well for a short period of time. schaub also came highly rated. hell even Rob johnson got that look and consideration. but losman has played and not extremely well. so it's hard to think a team will look at him, the way they looked at RJ, Schaub and Feely.

unfair but true, i think.

Thats just it he will only be 27 next year and has starts under his belt and showed the league he can play, i would value that over a couple of good games and a couple of good preseason games

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I doubt they keep him as an expensive back up. They are already trying to lowball him out of his money this year , how much is JP due next year?

Forward_Lateral
10-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I doubt they keep him as an expensive back up. They are already trying to lowball him out of his money this year , how much is JP due next year?

650,000. Hardly expensive.

SquishDaFish
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I think he will still be on the team

trapezeus
10-26-2007, 03:30 PM

lowballing? we don't want to spend $3MM on an overvalued asset? I hate to think what kind of investments you make. i have a great scheme named after my friend Ponzie. you'll love it.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
650,000. Hardly expensive.
okay, then he stays :snicker:

jamze132
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Agreed. Why would a team take a backup with no game experience over JP who had a superb half a season last year? At least he's logged significant time and may be a late bloomer.

Also, why wouldn't an aggressive guy like JP mouth off to make sure he gets either traded or released? How does he lose in such a situation? He gets a chance to start or compete somewhere else and will make the same or more $$ he's getting in Buffalo. Sitting behind Trent for '08 too makes zero sense for JP from a financial, personal, and psyche sense. Ralph won't be able to keep him if/when JP threatens to be a locker room problem unless a trade happens. The premise of JP staying and being happy is ludicrous.
Its in JPs best interest to be a good little soldier. It shows class to any potential trade partner.

losman420
10-26-2007, 04:06 PM

unfair but true, i think.that doesn't make much sense, jp played well for a short period of time as well, and JP was rated high enough where the Bills thought it was worth trading up to get him in the first round.

Ed
10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
I hope we don't try to trade him during or after this season. He may not be happy being a back-up, but I don't see him rocking the boat either. It's not like another team is just going to hand him a starting job. He'll be in a similar situation anywhere he goes.

Besides, considering Edwards injury history during college and just the nature of the position, I'd much rather have Losman stepping in then anyone else that's available. I'm sure he'll be itching to get another shot, and when he does he'll probably play really well which can only help the Bills whether or not they keep or trade him.

losman420
10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I hope we don't try to trade him during or after this season. He may not be happy being a back-up, but I don't see him rocking the boat either. It's not like another team is just going to hand him a starting job. He'll be in a similar situation anywhere he goes.

Besides, considering Edwards injury history during college and just the nature of the position, I'd much rather have Losman stepping in then anyone else that's available. I'm sure he'll be itching to get another shot, and when he does he'll probably play really well which can only help the Bills whether or not they keep or trade him.I agree, its nice to have options at quarterback, and even though TE is playing well, it would still be nice to have jp in case he gets hurt.

T-Long
10-26-2007, 04:51 PM
:goodpost: Bills Addiction!

Tatonka
10-26-2007, 06:13 PM

because at your site, there is such a wealth of knowledge from all the posters.. oh wait.. no one uses your site..

TigerJ
10-27-2007, 12:01 AM
I think he will ask to be traded and the Bills will accomodate him.

G. Host
10-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Bills with no experience will not be trading Losman unless they find a trading partner willing to give up a lot or like a veteran available.

Personally I do not think Trent Edwards lasts the season and JP gets to play again and compete next year. Trent is a rookie who has not gone thru full conditioning that players get. If he was a sophomore it would be different.

The Jokeman
10-27-2007, 08:32 PM
We'll get no better than a 4th rounder for him as it stands now (maybe conditional 3rd, but even that is a stretch). I'm not completely against the 650k backup idea. How else are we going to bring in at that price that would serve as a bette backup/insurance policy?
Losman may be willing to serve as a backup this year and play a good little soldier if know be dealt next year. Though in hearing him saying buying a house was a mistake etc. it doesn't bode well for next year.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2007, 08:24 AM

too much.this guy has yet to earn his salary.