• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

So what does it mean when........

This team could easily be 4 and 2? And thats AFTER all our injuries?

Are we better than we think we are? Many of us including me think we arent that good. Yes, good teams find a way to win. But this team is injury riddled and still could have been 4 and 2. Instead we are 2 and 4, but its still early and our schedule gets easier now.

How good is this team?

• Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: So what does it mean when........

I think our Defense is better or at least getting better then we could have hoped or expected, particularly with the injuries. Our ST's are solid as always, but I think our O's been a pretty big dissapointment, at least to me. I was expecting our O to really come alive this year, but it could still come around.

We don't seem that talented on paper compared to other teams, but I think we play with a ton of heart and effort, which is great.

I hate how close we were to being 4-2, but that's the NFL. If you think about it, we're not that far from being 0-6 either.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

Are we better than we think we are? Many of us including me think we arent that good. Yes, good teams find a way to win. But this team is injury riddled and still could have been 4 and 2. Instead we are 2 and 4, but its still early and our schedule gets easier now.

How good is this team?
      I think we would have the exact same record if nobody was hurt. It's not like our starters are the cream of the crop. The replacements can just as easily be as good if not better than those players who are starting and no one will know until they get the chance to prove it.

But I will say that we are not as bad as our record.

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

The defense has played well when JP doesn't leave them on the field all game.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

I'd say... every year it's something else. Some reason why this team fails to succeed.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

You are what you are...2 wins, four losses. Even before all the injuries and other issues, I don't think too many fans expected much more than that at this point of the season.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jamze132
              I think we would have the exact same record if nobody was hurt. It's not like our starters are the cream of the crop. The replacements can just as easily be as good if not better than those players who are starting and no one will know until they get the chance to prove it.

But I will say that we are not as bad as our record.
              Not having Posluszny, Simpson, Hargrove and Denney has certainly hurt us. With Youboty being nicked up it could hurt his progress as well. Injuries can kill even the best teams.

On the other side of the spectrum, injuries can help a team as well. It's largely revered here that Losman's injury was a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

How good is this team?
                Have we actually significantly outplayed any team; Total net yards, Rushing Yards, 1st-Downs, 3rd-down conversions, Red Zone TDs, Time-of-Possession, etc., but most importantly most of those things in any given game?

How many games have we put together where we dominated the other team for a full three or four quarters?

How has our offense, where we spent all of our money and cap resources, performed contrasted with last season's offense which was pitiful?

Do we merit respect from teams around the league, or is the word that we're a team that other teams look past?

Could we just as easily have been 1-5 or 0-6 as we could have been 4-2?

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                  Have we actually significantly outplayed any team; Total net yards, Rushing Yards, 1st-Downs, 3rd-down conversions, Red Zone TDs, Time-of-Possession, etc., but most importantly most of those things in any given game?

How many games have we put together where we dominated the other team for a full three or four quarters?

How has our offense, where we spent all of our money and cap resources, performed contrasted with last season's offense which was pitiful?

Do we merit respect from teams around the league, or is the word that we're a team that other teams look past?

Could we just as easily have been 1-5 or 0-6 as we could have been 4-2?
                  All that **** doesn't mean squat. We're 2 and 4, period.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                    He has a hard time grasping the only stats that matter is the win and loss column.

Comment

Originally posted by YardRat
                      No, no, I agree, none of it means anything. /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                        He has a hard time grasping the only stats that matter is the win and loss column.
                        Yes, I do, I admit it.

And on that note Buster Douglas (38-6-1) was almost as good as Mohammed Ali. (56-5)

I hear ya.

This team is a custom fit for you guys/gals.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jun 2003

this team is closer to 0-6 than to 4-2. Sure, we lost a couple heartbreakers--but those teams (especially the Cowboys) had their worst performances of the year. Imagine if Romo didn't have six turnovers in that game--what would the score have been then? We have some promising talent, but overall we suck right now...every year since 1999 seems like a ****in rerun. I miss 2002--we weren't good but man were we fun to watch. This offense is putrid
                          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            Yes, I do, I admit it.

And on that note Buster Douglas (38-6-1) was almost as good as Mohammed Ali. (56-5)

I hear ya.

This team is a custom fit for you guys/gals.
                            Can't compare two different eras. Jim Brown maybe a second team running back if he played in this era you really don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                              Can't compare two different eras. Jim Brown maybe a second team running back if he played in this era you really don't know.
                              I was totally being facetious.

I don't have any trouble believing that Ali would have spanked Douglas all around the ring on 10 of 10 bouts with none ever having lasted more than 6 or 7 rounds however.

Did ya ever see Ali fight? That guy was pissed at the world too, literally.

Comment

Working...
                              X