PDA

View Full Version : No excuses, Trent and the Bills need a big game!!

HHURRICANE
10-27-2007, 09:20 AM
JP certainly has taken his beating on this board. However, the change was made because the Bills feel they are putting the guy on the field that has the best chance of moving the offense and helping us win games.

My opinion means squat at the end of the day. I support the move but it's now Trent's time to prove he's the guy regardless of him being a rookie or not.

This is a perfect game for Trent to prove that he's the guy and that the FO made the right decision.

This is not a game where 190 yards and 1 pick is going to make anyone think we made a good decision.

The Jets are a bad team that we should be able to dominate on offense.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
10-27-2007, 09:21 AM
As Al Davis says "just win baby!"

dannyek71
10-27-2007, 09:27 AM
So what happens when Trent throws 3 picks and 97 yds in a loss tommorow?

HHURRICANE
10-27-2007, 09:35 AM

It'll be a short career as a starter.

patmoran2006
10-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Good post.

NO REASON to not beat a lowly jets team missing Vilma.

Yasgur's Farm
10-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Go Bills! finish 9 and 1!

John Doe
10-27-2007, 10:35 AM
If Edwards throws for 190 yards with an interception and the Bills win by 1 point, that is plenty good for me.

FTY is right: just win.

Michael82
10-27-2007, 10:36 AM
It'll be a short career as a starter.
Good post. If Edwards doesn't light it up and actually sucks, I could see Losman getting another chance....

Michael82
10-27-2007, 10:36 AM
If Edwards throws for 190 yards with an interception and the Bills win by 1 point, that is plenty good for me.

FTY is right: just win.
As long as it's a win....I'm happy! :up:

Captain gameboy
10-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Should be interesting.
Trent burned them with very short passes.
Once bitten-twice shy.
I expect tomorrow to be the game when he either proves or disproves that he has an NFL arm, unless the Bills have enough success with the run that they don't need to air it out.

I doubt they will be able to run well enough to take the pressure off of him, and I doubt the Jets are going to give him 1st and 10 completeions for 5-6 yds.

I expect press coverage and more than a few long ball opportunities.

acehole
10-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Good post.

NO REASON to not beat a lowly jets team missing Vilma.

Well we really need good play from the RB postion not the qb.

The Jets cant stop the run. They will put 8 in the box on Sunday and try to let TE Beat them throught the air. They will also blitz the crap out of him.

He has never played a road game before being anionted.

This is really a test for T E indeed. If he cant put up even average numbers against this team it would be saying alot. This game is by no means a gimmie...I hope we win as I paid 140 for two tickets. I bet this def. bails out the offence once again and TE is credited with yet another ill deserved win.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Division games can always be tough.

YardRat
10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Screw the stats. Just win.

djjimkelly
10-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Good post. If Edwards doesn't light it up and actually sucks, I could see Losman getting another chance...

mikey that is inevitable its just a matter of when. my call is in about 4-6 games

YardRat
10-27-2007, 12:08 PM
mikey that is inevitable its just a matter of when. my call is in about 4-6 games

Edwards' lighting somebody up? I can agree with that.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2007, 12:12 PM

Well I disagree. But the proof is in the wins and the ability to move the ball.

Tommorrow is definately a good game for TE to come out, play well, and solidify himself as a starter. This isn't a game where he should struggle.

Matter-of-fact this is a game that I wouldn't expect JP to struggle in.

JJamezz
10-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Good post. If Edwards doesn't light it up and actually sucks, I could see Losman getting another chance....

Keep telling yourselves that fellas! :up:

shelby
10-27-2007, 12:55 PM
i want the Bills to seal the win before the final 2 minute warning.

i want another JJamezz highlight video.:punk:

Philagape
10-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Best-case scenario: Trent doesn't light it up because Lynch runs for 150 and 2 TDs.

PromoTheRobot
10-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Don't waste all your wishes on crap like that.

PTR

PECKERWOOD
10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Don't waste all your wishes on crap like that.

PTR

That signature is an instant classic, man!

MikeInRoch
10-27-2007, 01:59 PM

People are actually THANKING this post?? Are you kidding? Why on EARTH would any Bills fan be pleased to be thinking about this scenario?

Typ0
10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I expect TE to play like a rookie. If he gets stomped then that's just a growing pain. The problem with JP is not that he can't light up the JETS it's that he doesn't do squat against good teams. People demonstrated years of patience with JP Losman and he never got over the hump and now they want to throw TE to the wolves if he has a bad game. That's sad.

billsburgh
10-27-2007, 03:10 PM
I hate to say this, but would we really be any better off then. all it would say is that the team is still looking for the next qb.

gr8slayer
10-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Division games can always be tough.
No excuse for poor play. He needs to "break out" tomorrow, he's playing against one of the worst teams in the league and he SHOULD seek and destroy.

Typ0
10-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I hate to say this, but would we really be any better off then. all it would say is that the team is still looking for the next qb.

exactly. The only good scenario for us is that both of these guys are top quality NFL QBs...anything else is a waste.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I expect TE to play like a rookie. If he gets stomped then that's just a growing pain. The problem with JP is not that he can't light up the JETS it's that he doesn't do squat against good teams. People demonstrated years of patience with JP Losman and he never got over the hump and now they want to throw TE to the wolves if he has a bad game. That's sad.

We are not developing a rookie here. He won the job because he's not playing like one and he gives us the best chance to win.

Sorry, but the rookie excuse is BS against the Jets. I have every reason to believe we can beat the Jets with JP so I expect nothing less from Trent.

Trent welcome to the big leagues.

Typ0
10-27-2007, 04:30 PM
We are not developing a rookie here. He won the job because he's not playing like one and he gives us the best chance to win.

Sorry, but the rookie excuse is BS against the Jets. I have every reason to believe we can beat the Jets with JP so I expect nothing less from Trent.

Trent welcome to the big leagues.

I disagree he is playing like a rookie...he's just playing like a good rookie. But he's made some critical mistakes and they had rookie pasted all over them. You can't just ignore that. However, he's also shown improvement and is adding things to his game every week. That's more than I can say for his counterpart who apparently fell under the rookie excuse last year. You have to be patient with the kid still despite your frustration that we've been through this over and over.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I disagree he is playing like a rookie...he's just playing like a good rookie. But he's made some critical mistakes and they had rookie pasted all over them. You can't just ignore that. However, he's also shown improvement and is adding things to his game every week. That's more than I can say for his counterpart who apparently fell under the rookie excuse last year. You have to be patient with the kid still despite your frustration that we've been through this over and over.

Let me try this another way because I'm really not trying to argue with you.

As a rookie I expect him to make rookie mistakes and you are correct on the plays where he looked like one.

However, the FO didn't come out say we are developing our franchise QB they came out and said that this guy gives us the best chance to win.

If I feel confident that JP could win us this game why should I expect less from Edwards?

Typ0
10-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Let me try this another way because I'm really not trying to argue with you.

As a rookie I expect him to make rookie mistakes and you are correct on the plays where he looked like one.

However, the FO didn't come out say we are developing our franchise QB they came out and said that this guy gives us the best chance to win.

If I feel confident that JP could win us this game why should I expect less from Edwards?

maybe it's a perception thing. The front office could easily have meant TE gives us the best opportunity to win 18 out of our next 30 games instead of winning tomorrow.

BillsOverDolphins
10-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I just hope they open up the playbook for him...let's see what he can do, enough of this dink and dunk bs

HHURRICANE
10-27-2007, 09:22 PM
maybe it's a perception thing. The front office could easily have meant TE gives us the best opportunity to win 18 out of our next 30 games instead of winning tomorrow.

Sorry, but the scrutiny is the same for both players if you are willing to start him over JP.

Typ0
10-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry, but the scrutiny is the same for both players if you are willing to start him over JP.

not really and that's where the $$$ come in. Every time you tie up $$$ on one position that's less $$$ you can spend on another. JP has had a lot of opportunity to show what he has and we have another guy who might be good as well who has not had that opportunity. I know this is an item of a lot of disagreement from a lot of different viewpoints but JP has not risen up in the last four years and demonstrated he was going to handle the QB position effectively with consistency.

The arguement is the same as it was two years ago about getting JP in there to play. You get TE in there and start to get a look at how he's going to develop and play because now he's had the opportunity and hasn't fallen on his face. The scrutiny is not the same. You scrutinize JP as a fourth year veteran and TE as a rookie. That's the only reasonable thing to do. If TE grows and matures then we can divert some of those $$$ next year into another position.

Typ0
10-27-2007, 09:34 PM
it amazes me how the fans have just made choices about what bandwagon they are going to be on and just follow their passions. It's still a business.

YardRat
10-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Edwards is going to make rookie mistakes, even against teams that, theoretically, he shouldn't. If he doesn't, I'll be stunned.

You expect growing pains from a rookie...You don't from someone with three consecutive years of beginning the season as the starter, almost two full seasons of starts, and the benefit of being in the league three-plus years.

I agree with you HH to a certain point...A bad pass is a bad pass but rookies, established veterans, etc get a little more leeway than underachievers and career non-producers.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2007, 02:54 AM
People are actually THANKING this post?? Are you kidding? Why on EARTH would any Bills fan be pleased to be thinking about this scenario?

because the Lickers want to see Edwards fail.

Typ0
10-28-2007, 07:14 AM
because the Lickers want to see Edwards fail.

it amazes me how some want to wait years upon years and then subscribe to a decade of medicrity for JP Lossman and then expect Trent Edwards to play like a 4th year rookie when he plays. It's very sad...but then again that's why they're called the lickers. Last sunday I said I was sorry for inventing the term as it's caused so much trouble but I retract that statement here and now. Lickers is exactly what they are.

shelby
10-28-2007, 07:53 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/9-1148073684.gif

SABURZFAN
10-28-2007, 08:06 AM

that's what the Lickers do best.

shelby
10-28-2007, 08:17 AM

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 09:19 AM

I personally like this thread because it brings up the fact that Trent has to go out and establish himself as the starter.

I agree with the decision to start Trent but he still has to get judged like any other player on the roster.

I'm not one of those blind Trent of JP supporters. You still have to prove it out on the field for me.

acehole
10-28-2007, 09:51 AM
because the Lickers want to see Edwards fail.\

because the Lickers want to see Edwards fail.<<

Not really. I just don't think he has succeeded yet.
There is a difference. I am in the camp that he has not
done anything to justify his start over Jp. This is a good
post that hurrican started. If he fails under these conditions
what will you who said he reminded you of a young Montana say?
Remember...you can NOT use any of the following excuses:

Playcalling, Game planning, Coaching, lack of weapons, lack of
running game, O line gelling, A great Jets deffense, on the road,
A great jets offence, lack of arm, lack of experience...injurys and
most important one "He is a rookie" NO! You trentarts said he was
allready better then Jp.....JP had his chance.."eXCUSES ..EXCUSES.."
We disagreed. This game will help to decide this debate.

The bar has been set high here BY YOU PEOPLE NOT US.

He better do better then knock the bar down and squeek by with
another win. It is not that I hope he fails...but I think you might
have some buyers remorse after the 0% financing and the 2000
cash back fizzles out allong with the media hype. The opinion that
JP was pulled to early and that T Edwards was no better or worse
will be proven correct. What will you say then? I have great seats
I cant wait to see this game. It is all a mute piont anyway because
Ralph is cheap and we are stuck with TE anyway for better or worse.
I hope I am wrong if at the end of the season TE look better then JP..
then great. My experience tells me somthing else......

Philagape
10-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Trent has set a high standard for himself. I still expect rookie mistakes, but I want him to keep building on what he already can do. He's smart, so I expect constant learning.

gr8slayer
10-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Trent has set a high standard for himself. I still expect rookie mistakes, but I want him to keep building on what he already can do. He's smart, so I expect constant learning.
There's no excuse for the defense and ST's out-scoring the offense.

djjimkelly
10-28-2007, 11:36 AM
it amazes me how the fans have just made choices about what bandwagon they are going to be on and just follow their passions. It's still a business.

sadly becuz the fact its a business factored into this decision.

JP would have been due quite the bonus for several easy incentives

Typ0
10-28-2007, 11:44 AM
\

because the fans want to see Edwards fail.<<

being a rookie is not an excuse it's a fact...unless of course you start calling someone a rookie in their second and third seasons then you are just making excuses.

MikeInRoch
10-28-2007, 12:04 PM

You do NOT know that business factored into the decision. That's your opinion, not a "fact".

Typ0
10-28-2007, 12:08 PM
You do NOT know that business factored into the decision. That's your opinion, not a "fact".

it's a business and unless they are totally incompetent business factors into all decisions...

Philagape
10-28-2007, 12:40 PM
There's no excuse for the defense and ST's out-scoring the offense.

For the offense, no there's not.

DraftBoy
10-28-2007, 01:22 PM
I have yet to really post my opinion on this whole debacle but to be honest I think both sides are completely wrong. First for those still adament Losman should be starting;

Losman had 4 seasons to adjust to the NFL, he never full did that. I never saw him reading blitzes and changing blocking schemes, or making hot reads. His deep ball was very good, and his enthusiasm was something that many teams would love to have. A QB does not need to be stoic to be a leader. Losman however just couldnt get the mental aspect of the game down. He had 4 years to learn it, and it never happened. Honestly while I think he gives us the best chance to win right now, I by no means think he is a future starter in the NFL. He is very similar to Kyle Boller in that they both have more than enough skill to play QB, but mentally it isnt clicking.

Now for Edwards;
He has played like a rookie. He has made his fair share of mistakes, and they are the type that you never wanna see a rookie make. At the same time however he has done a good job of running an efficient offense, he doesnt make a ton of turnovers and he gets rid of the ball when needed. I havent seen him do the mental things I want him to but then again he is a rookie so to expect the same things from him mentally is not fair. Edwards is not a playmaker in my opinion, he wasn't in college so to expect that from him now is not fair. He will never be a Brady or Manning, he will be closer to a Dilfer, a guy who can help you not lose a game, but I dont expect Edwards to ever win us a game either. Baltimore was very successful with Dilfer, hell they got a SB that way.

Personally I dont think either QB is going be a long term starter here or anywhere else in the NFL. Both will be very good backup QB's for some team.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2007, 01:35 PM
being a rookie is not an excuse it's a fact...unless of course you start calling someone a rookie in their second and third seasons then you are just making excuses.

:bf1:

YardRat
10-28-2007, 01:38 PM

Even if it were partly a money-call, which I don't think it was, who cares? It's not like JP was even close to actually earning that 3mil anyway.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Even if it were partly a money-call, which I don't think it was, who cares? It's not like JP was even close to actually earning that 3mil anyway.

you can tell them that until you're blue in the face and it still won't matter.

acehole
10-28-2007, 10:11 PM
I was right as rain.

\

because the fans want to see Edwards fail.<<

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks Trent for keeping the QB controversy alive and well.

One thing for sure is that Steve Fairchild had better be gone after this season because he blows. He can take McNally with him.

gr8slayer
10-29-2007, 08:49 AM
It was different to see our QB throw a TD. So we finally broke that pathetic four game streak, now lets see if it can be done two weeks in a row.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Honestly while I think he gives us the best chance to win right now, I by no means think he is a future starter in the NFL.

How can you think that when the Bills are 0-3 in games he starts and 3-1 in games Trent starts?

gr8slayer
10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
How can you think that when the Bills are 0-3 in games he starts and 3-1 in games Trent starts?
3-2.....

FlyingDutchman
10-29-2007, 09:33 AM
It was different to see our QB throw a TD. So we finally broke that pathetic four game streak, now lets see if it can be done two weeks in a row.

dynamite drop in