• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Does this bother anyone else??

Aaron Schobel got a brand new $50.5 million contract this offseason,

Chris Kelsay got a brand new $23 million deal.

they have combined for 2.5 sacks through six games this year.

Larry Tripplett and his $18 million deal has yet to register a sack.

Its very important in this defense that we can generate pressure with 4 down lineman, Its becoming painfully obvious that we cant.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Does this bother anyone else??

What is more painful obvious here is the guys we have simply aren't good enough and our hands are now tied to them with big money involved. We can't go out and replace these guys because of the financial aspect, so we're stuck for a few years with Tripps and Kelsay. Thankfully Schoebel at times can generate a pass rush, even if it's against weaker teams mostly, or else all three of these guys would be worthless.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

We should be starting Hargrove, McCargo, Williams and Schobel... I'm not pleased with Schobel's play at all. I think the weight loss has hurt his play (although that probably allowed him to defend that potential TD pass last week).

Comment

• Elminster
        #1 Kelsay Fan
        • Oct 2006

I feel our FA is very lacking myself, which sucks so much more when it seems we've been drafting so well. I'd be interested to know what the division of power for FA is. I know Jon Guy is involved, but how much say does he have in who we go after?
        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

It doesn't bother me, because i think that they both have played good this season. They are pressuring the qb, and making plays Its one position on the team im not too upset with. Sacks are the most overated stats in sports.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

We've spent an awful lot of money on both lines this year. Hopefully after the half-season mark both will start paying bigger dividends.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Weeks ago I got groaned and negged for saying that "Schobel sucks."

You guys are finally figuring it out after 6 weeks.

We need to think about drafting some DEs because Kelsay and Schobel are not franchise guys.

I can actually live with the play of Tripplett and Kelsay but Schobel is not playing like a dominant pass rusher. Every DE knows that you get paid for sacks. How many does Schobel have?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Looking back, I think Kelsay got a fair contract, with the cap increase 23 mil is about right. Plus, that beastly interception against Dallas on MNF was AMAAAAZING! As far as Schobel goes, I wouldn't worry about his stats. I can see him atleast getting a sack against New England, seeing as how Tom Brady has been sacked more by Schobel than any other player in the NFL.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
                  Aaron Schobel got a brand new $50.5 million contract this offseason,

Chris Kelsay got a brand new $23 million deal.

they have combined for 2.5 sacks through six games this year.

Larry Tripplett and his $18 million deal has yet to register a sack.

Ralph is cheap. He is worried about paying a $3 million dollar bonus for not performing.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                    It doesn't bother me, because i think that they both have played good this season. They are pressuring the qb, and making plays Its one position on the team im not too upset with. Sacks are the most overated stats in sports.
                    i agree.. especially kelsay.. i think he has played very well, along with mccargo.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

If Tripplett was worth a crap, Schobel wouldn't be doubled up most of the time.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        Ralph is cheap. He is worried about paying a $3 million dollar bonus for not performing.
                        Ralph ain't cheap. He sprinkles diamonds on everything he eat so his dookie shines. That's the most baaaaalling thing you can do to your ****.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                          I agree. I don't care about the no. of sacks at the pace their going as long as the entire D plays the way it has the last 3 games as a whole. Except for the last part of the cowboys game, this D has been playing almost lights out.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• billsburgh
                            • Jul 2003

While it may appear that the ends aren't living up to expectations, and it may be true to some extent, it may also may have to do more with the defensive scheme. I pointed out a few times this season how on some plays one or both DE dont rush the passer on passing plays. they merely engage the O lineman and stop. the only explanation for this would be the play called by Fewell and this makes absolutely no sense to me.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not worried about these guys they are good players. We need to be accross the whole defense for them to shine and we aren't.

Comment

Working...
                              X