PDA

View Full Version : Is our O-line finally good?

X-Era
10-27-2007, 07:22 PM
They have given up 14 sacks through 7 games. That stat wouldnt seem to be too bad actually.

Lynch has been running well.

Is the o-line that many have clamored for for years finally here?

Mitchy moo
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I feel theie Gelling man, they need to get some more wind under their wings. These games against lesser opponents will really show how far along we really are. If we roll the weaker teams and play good against the top teams, we'll be heading the right way.

YardRat
10-27-2007, 07:33 PM
They're getting better...still not on the same page on a consistent basis. Pass blocking seems to have improved, especially on the outside. Most of the time pressure seems to be coming up the gut. Fowler should be the next one replaced.

Run blocking still leaves a little to be desired, but hopefully that will improve the longer they play as a unit. I really feel Lynch is going to have a big game sooner rather than later.

jamze132
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Lets just say it's the best we have had in 5 years. However, Fowler is the weakest link, once he is gone and we pay $50mil for his replacement, I see great things...

TigerJ
10-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Pass blocking is stronger than run blocking. Teams are putting 8 players in the box a lot in order to test Edwards, but even so, the line is allowing a lot of tackles behind the LOS in the running game, and too many gains are for 2 yards or less. A quality RB like Lynch should be getting at least 4 yards a carry.

SABURZFAN
10-27-2007, 11:43 PM
our OL is suspect at times.

Mitchy moo
10-27-2007, 11:45 PM
our OL is suspect at times.

It's looked better over the past few games, that's for sure.

SABURZFAN
10-27-2007, 11:55 PM
It's looked better over the past few games, that's for sure.

that may be true but there are times when they look pathetic run blocking.

Mitchy moo
10-28-2007, 12:02 AM
that may be true but there are times when they look pathetic run blocking.

That's true as well, I also blame part of it on the level of competition we had.

chubluv
10-28-2007, 12:22 AM
We wouldnt be complaining about passes on 3rd down at the end of games if we could eat some clock with a run attack at the end of some of these games. Other then that I think the line is getting better with every game.

Mitchy moo
10-28-2007, 12:37 AM
We wouldnt be complaining about passes on 3rd down at the end of games if we could eat some clock with a run attack at the end of some of these games. Other then that I think the line is getting better with every game.

SO do I chub!!!!

Carlton Bailey
10-28-2007, 12:55 AM
I like it a lot against the pass, and the number of sacks allowed indicates they've been good, but the run blocking must improve. It's time for them to help Lynch get to 100. He's certainly running hard enough to do that, but the holes have been missing.

Captain gameboy
10-28-2007, 05:38 AM
No they are not that good.

How many times did runs to the right get stuffed last week?

How many games do we lose by last minute field goals because we can't move the chains and run out the clock?

When we can run in the fourth quarter with a small lead, that will be the time we can say they are good.

However, and here's a bit of a flip-flop, I really wondered why Trent wasn't audibling out of those runs last week when the box was so jammed pre snap.

shelby
10-28-2007, 06:53 AM
i agree with jamze....this OL is better than what we've had in several years. But there is room for improvement.

mybills
10-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Pass blocking is stronger than run blocking. Teams are putting 8 players in the box a lot in order to test Edwards, but even so, the line is allowing a lot of tackles behind the LOS in the running game, and too many gains are for 2 yards or less. A quality RB like Lynch should be getting at least 4 yards a carry.
Ditto

jamze132
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
i agree with jamze....this OL is better than what we've had in several years. But there is room for improvement.
And I agree with you... :crush:

Michael82
10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
They have given up 14 sacks through 7 games. That stat wouldnt seem to be too bad actually.

No! :ill:

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Today the O-line is terrible.

Wys Guy
10-28-2007, 04:23 PM

It helps when you only throw quick three and five-step drop passes, unlike Losman did.

Lynch has been running well? Since when is 3.6 ypc well?

It's low-end in my book. Yards don't matter on D, but they matter on O now, for RBs?

Any RB can average 3.6 ypc. Heck, give a RB 500 carries and he'll likely have 1,500 yards.

Lynch isn't running well.

shelby
10-28-2007, 05:47 PM
i noticed today that the entire left side of the line collapsed whenever Edwards dropped back to pass. The pressure on him today was unbelievable.