PDA

View Full Version : Surging Bills hit the road to play sagging Jets

shelby
10-28-2007, 07:46 AM
In a testament to just how fast perceptions can change in the NFL, the Buffalo Bills — given up for dead by many after their horrific loss to Dallas — are playing in a game this afternoon at the Meadowlands that actually could mean something.
With their season on the brink of extinction, the Bills pulled off a minor upset last week against Baltimore. Now, that win has pumped them full of chutzpah, and the 2-4 Bills have begun thinking about putting together a winning streak that would position them for a second-half run at a playoff berth.
"There's a lot more turning around to do," strong safety Donte Whitner said. "First of all, we want to go in and win this football game, and then we want to string a couple of wins together to feel good. We want to get back to .500 and go from there." Absurd, you say?

Not exactly.

full story (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071028/SPORTS03/710280371/1007/SPORTS)

:jetsuck::gobills:

mybills
10-28-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm not feeling chutzpah about going up against a 1-6 team, because if we win, we beat a 1-6 team. :ill:

shelby
10-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Today's opponent, the New York Jets, are floundering at 1-6 and have already proven they can lose to Buffalo and its rookie quarterback, Trent Edwards, having done so almost a month ago, 17-14 in Orchard Park.
Next week the Bills host the schizophrenic Cincinnati Bengals. And on Nov. 11 Buffalo travels down to Miami to play a Dolphin team that will very likely be 0-8 and playing without its three best offensive players — running back Ronnie Brown and quarterback Trent Green, out for the season with injuries, and wide receiver Chris Chambers, traded to San Diego.
Given all the Bills have been through this season — the injuries, the lineup shuffling, the quarterback controversy and the two sickening home losses to Denver and Dallas on field goals that passed through the uprights after the clock had struck zero — the Bills could be sitting at 5-4 three weeks from today and right in the thick of the wild-card chase. Then again, they are the Bills, and they could just as easily be 2-7 and plotting their draft strategy for 2008.

Which way the Bills go will depend largely on the play of their starting quarterback, Edwards, who was tossed the keys and told this past week he'll be driving this Yugo of a Bills offense for as long as he can keep it on the road.

mybills
10-28-2007, 07:59 AM
he'll be driving this Yugo of a Bills offense for as long as he can keep it on the road.

I'm all full of hope after reading that. :sadwalk:
I think they're more like a Ford. Easy to work on, but often found on road dead.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2007, 08:13 AM
the OL has no excuses.they should be plowing big holes for Lynch today.

YardRat
10-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Nothing worse than sagging jets. Of course, they are pushing 50 years old, so I guess it should be expected.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I'd rather be surginging than sagging.

Captain gameboy
10-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Maybe I'm too much of a silver lining guy, but the original premise of the story is nonsense.

Who gave the Bills up for dead?

The story of the Cowboy game was that a team that could have lost by 40, and who most people thought would lose by at least 20, took the new darlings of the NFL to the mat.

As much as that game hurt, it was an awakening for a moribund team and its fan base.

That is the story. This Bills team can play with any team in the NFL, other than the top two.

Good things are on the horizon.

(JusttocovermyyselfIamveryworriedabouttodaybuttodaywillnotchangemyviewthatwearedheadedinaverygooddirection)

DMBcrew36
10-28-2007, 09:46 AM
chutzpah??? is that a jewish term?

Cntrygal
10-28-2007, 10:10 AM
"horrific" loss? The only people who thought it was "horrific" were the Bills fans and people who laid down serious money that the Bills would lose by 20+.

Otherwise it was a "tough" loss by a team not expected to even be competitive.