PDA

View Full Version : No excuses for Williams

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Everyone says that Gregg Williams has no more excuses this year to not have a successful season. I agree that our team is dramatically improved on paper, and we should have a much better shot this season to go far.

The question is, how far does the team have to go in order for Gregg Williams to be considered a winner and keep his job?

TedMock
03-27-2003, 12:06 PM
I picked round 2.

TypicalBill
03-27-2003, 12:07 PM
I picked round 2 .....2?

SoCalBillsFan
03-27-2003, 12:29 PM
why ruin a good thing

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2003, 12:47 PM
I think it really all depends. What if Drew went down for the season? What if half of our D starters got injured? You never know. But I think GW is safe with his job, but I'd like to see them go REALLY far.

BFBills
03-27-2003, 01:56 PM

WG
03-27-2003, 02:20 PM
What about just making the playoffs?

I'll say this now and then write a piece on it prior to the season:

No one will have any excuses this season.

If Henry fumbles the football 10 times again it won't be good.

If Drew has 18 TOs again in 7 losses, the heat will be on him as well.

If the team passes on a 2-1 ratio, Gilbride's head should be at stake!

If we don't generate some TOs, then Gray/LeBeau's heads will be on the block.

Barring some bizarre injuries, there will be no excuses for anyone. One, possibly two games that we lose due to mistakes may be fine depending upon our performances otherwise. But poor coaching by passing over rushing for 10 games, TOs, and the other stuff will be very high profile this year.

No one can hide behind media/fan opinion. Drew will also have one of the top OL/RB/WR combos in the league.

TedMock
03-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Wys, I could just feel it brewing. Come September I'm gonna have to get a new set of glasses aren't I?