X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hamilton Billsfan
    • Jun 2024

Pennington and why we're going to WIN this week

I watched the Jets last week against the Bengals and at the end of the game, the announcers went on and on about how this was Pennington's last game ever as a starter for the Jets if he didn't pull the game out of the fire and win it. Those tools were saying as fact that Pennington was playing to save his career and Pennington was failing miserably. They were so sure that it was his last game ever!

Here we are one week later and lo and behold, Pennington starts. The pressure from the media had to have been intense all week because the know-it-all media assumes they know how to run the team better that the Coaches. They have already deemed that the Jets are going to lose because Pennington is starting instead of Clemens.

I can just see, The media asking questions in the locker room all week, "So Pennington is starting, how do you feel about losing again?"
    I don't think that attitude can help the Jets at all, way too negative!
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: Pennington and why we're going to WIN this week

Edwards is not more then A young Pennington with no experience playing on the road. If it is qb to Qb Pennington will win but it is not. They will have trent hand off 145 times this game because they dont want to expose him to having to throw. You see if he repeats the 4 ints to one TD ratio... more people will start to question ralph....ahh coaching staff decision. Steve Fairchild wont allow that. So it is run run run dink dunk I am afraid. IF that is the case they will blitz him and rope a dope to the hot read....and there will be a safty waiting for the dunk or dink. I have no doubt TE will put piont on the board this week the only question will be for which team.

Originally posted by Hamilton Billsfan
    I watched the Jets last week against the Bengals and at the end of the game, the announcers went on and on about how this was Pennington's last game ever as a starter for the Jets if he didn't pull the game out of the fire and win it. Those tools were saying as fact that Pennington was playing to save his career and Pennington was failing miserably. They were so sure that it was his last game ever !

Here we are one week later and lo and behold, Pennington starts. The pressure from the media had to have been intense all week because the know-it-all media assumes they know how to run the team better that the Coaches. They have already deemed that the Jets are going to lose because Pennington is starting instead of Clemens.

I can just see, The media asking questions in the locker room all week, "So Pennington is starting, how do you feel about losing again?"
    I don't think that attitude can help the Jets at all, way too negative!
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acehole
      Edwards is not more then A young Pennington with no experience playing on the road.
      Nice for New England Bills fans that Foxboro became the new home of the Bills.

Which acehole's ide was that?

The fans really did not support the Bills in that loss to Patriots.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Fairchild got some pretty nice props from the analysts on the radio pre-game a little while ago for how he's customized the offensive gameplan to fit both a rookie QB and the specific defense they were going up against the last few weeks.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Looks like Pennington got more pressure.

Comment

Working...
          X