PDA

View Full Version : Nice job Ralph!! Anybody just catch Mortenson?

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Okay, I think this is BS and not the reason that JP got benched, but Mortenson just reported that many in the locker room think the decision was made so Ralph didn't have to pay JP.

This is why when you are a cheap butt everything gets attached to you.

gr8slayer
10-28-2007, 10:19 AM
**** RALPH WILSON. I'm glad that everyone is starting to realize what a joke of an owner he is. I'm at the point now where I don't care what it takes, I want him out of here.

mybills
10-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I knew it wasn't cuz he sucked. :evil:

Dr. Lecter
10-28-2007, 10:22 AM
**** RALPH WILSON. I'm glad that everyone is starting to realize what a joke of an owner he is. I'm at the point now where I don't care what it takes, I want him out of here.

:rolleyes:

No, not everyone is dumb enough to believe the **** out of Mortenson's mouth.

It is hysterical the "cheap" tag remains, despite the fact two players received 100 million $$$ worth of contracts this offseason.

And the part about not caring what it takes to get him out of here is classless. But not surprising.

YardRat
10-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Mortenson's a dick. Of course his buddy TD wouldn't waste three picks on a QB that loses his job to a rookie...It must be the cheap-ass owner.

What a ****ing tool.

gr8slayer
10-28-2007, 10:26 AM
:rolleyes:

No, not everyone is dumb enough to believe the **** out of Mortenson's mouth.

It is hysterical the "cheap" tag remains, despite the fact two players received 100 million $$$ worth of contracts this offseason.
This was reported earlier in the week by another source. You just choose to keep your blinders on because you don't want to accept the truth. He is a sorry ass owner.

Dr. Lecter
10-28-2007, 10:27 AM
This was reported earlier in the week by another source. You just choose to keep your blinders on because you don't want to accept the truth. He is a sorry ass owner.

No, he actually is not.

You have an hatred of him. Fine.

The cheap tag is stupid and has been disproven countless times.

And the part about not caring what it takes to get him out of here is classless. But not surprising.

Night Train
10-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I watch ESPN on Saturday for their excellent college football coverage.

Their NFL coverage/news is nothing but entertainment garbage.

gr8slayer
10-28-2007, 10:28 AM
No, he actually is not.

Find another owner who has had this long to win an NFL CHAMPIONSHIP and failed like this joke has (you know, that thing that should be the only goal every year).............

Captain gameboy
10-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I heard the spot, and it was extremely disturbing.

I don't believe it, and whoever the source was, I hope he is soon gone.

I know, as all the fans do, that Ralph has made input on who plays.

But suggesting that he is involved in this decision seems to be nonsense.

He hired Marv and Marv hired Jauron.
I believe they are making the call.

Night Train
10-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Find another owner who has had this long to win an NFL CHAMPIONSHIP and failed like this joke has (you know, that thing that should be the only goal every year).............

Art Rooney, Bud Adams, William Clay Ford, Bill Bidwell.

Many forget the Steelers had only a couple winning seasons for the first 45 years they existed.

I'm no big fan of Ralph but there isn't anyone here who doesn't know the deal with him. He's always been horribly inconsistent in his involvement/direction of this franchise.

shelby
10-28-2007, 10:41 AM
i loved how they called them the "Dollar Bills".
:down:

John Doe
10-28-2007, 10:54 AM
You could see that hatchet job coming a mile away.

gr8slayer
10-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Art Rooney, Bud Adams, William Clay Ford, Bill Bidwell.

Many forget the Steelers had only a couple winning seasons for the first 45 years they existed.

I'm no big fan of Ralph but there isn't anyone here who doesn't know the deal with him. He's always been horribly inconsistent in his involvement/direction of this franchise.
Unless I'm mistaken the first SB was in 67 was it not? The Rooney's have won five since then.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Cheapness is measured not by what you spend, but by what you don't spend. What you hold back.

patmoran2006
10-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Listen...

NOBODY on this board dislikes Ralph Wilson as an owner more than me and I've felt that way for several years. However, when it comes to this move at QB I don't think Wilson had much to do with it.

I think it's more about Levy than Wilson. I think it's more about our staff and front office wanting "their" guy at quarterback. For the record, I agree with the move and I think Edwards is the right guy too.

I'm also not naive enough to think money has NOTHING to do with it. Wilson doesn't want to pay Losman and now he certainly won't have to.

The question beckons; is Wilson going to spend that money saved on a top tier guard or nose tackle; or is he going to stuff it further into his pocket. And as far as Mort's report; Wilson has a reputation and I cant say it isn't deserved. In this case though, I think it was an administrative move more than Wilson himself.

gr8slayer
10-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Cheapness is measured not by what you spend, but by what you don't spend. What you hold back.
Last I read we had just about more money than anyone just sitting there.

Easy E-Lass
10-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Mort is a moron. Trent has earned the starting job. Nothing more, or less to it.

djjimkelly
10-28-2007, 11:58 AM
No, he actually is not.

no ralph is a sorry owner it dont mean i dont love him for whats hes done for bills over the years.

but its the type of love u have for a very obese ex wife

Ebenezer
10-28-2007, 12:04 PM
there are plenty of folks here that are not old enough to remember the 70s and early 80s...RW has always been a meddlesome owner. Don't kid yourself. He spends money but he doesnt do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to win. I'm not going to recount the easy history on how many times RWs decisions cost this team good people in FO positions that turned this team from winners to worst than losers.

If you want to throw out the "cheap" label because he "spends" money? fine. But to say RW is a great owner is wrong. Had it not been for Terry Bledsoe getting ill we might never have found how just how great a GM Bill Polian was. It was Polian's accent to the GM position that turned around the Bills in 85/86/87.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Okay, I think this is BS and not the reason that JP got benched, but Mortenson just reported that many in the locker room think the decision was made so Ralph didn't have to pay JP.

With all the money Ralph spent this offseason he is anything but cheap.

Why would he want to pay $3 million dollars for a lemon?

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Does JP Losman deserve his 3 million dollar bonus or a contract extension?

Point made.

DraftBoy
10-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Just to note about Mort he has been off a good bit recently, he was the one that broke the news that Micheal Vick was not going to be indicted. His reports have been very suspect recently.

raphael120
10-28-2007, 12:11 PM
After what Losman has shown thus far, would YOU really want to shell out the money for him!?!

I think no matter if your Ralph or Jerry Jones, you're NOT going to pay big bucks for an underacheiver when you have a very good rookie QB wth TONS of potential. It's a smart business move and we're winning games with the switch AND at the same time, we're going to save tons of money.

What remains to be seen is what Ralph does with this little financial break, will he use that money we wouldve used on Losman to lock up Evans AND/OR pick up what we need in FA to really make a run for the playoffs next year. What happens in FA next year will truely show how cheap Ralph is.

JJamezz
10-28-2007, 12:15 PM
After what Losman has shown thus far, would YOU really want to shell out the money for him!?!

Between you and Moran's posts, you guys nailed it.

HHURRICANE
Just to note about Mort he has been off a good bit recently, he was the one that broke the news that Micheal Vick was not going to be indicted. His reports have been very suspect recently.

I think this is the most bogus story I have ever seen reported. I actually don't believe it one bit. I think Mort is downright "lying".

However, Ralph as exhibited tons of cheapness in his entire NFL career and Ebenezer did a nice job of recounting the prevailing loserness of the 70s.

So what happens is that you get scrutinized for every decision. I beleive that Trent won the job for the right reasons but I also believe that Ralph was very happy not to have to pay JP anymore than he had to.

TacklingDummy
Don't be surprised if JP was whining to other players in the locker room and using the $3 million dollar bonus as the reason why he got benched. This guy could be turning into a locker room cancer.

DraftBoy
10-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Don't be surprised if JP was whining to other players in the locker room and using the $3 million dollar bonus as the reason why he got benched. This guy could be turning into a locker room cancer.

Stay on topic

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 12:17 PM

The fact that the story got reported just makes it that much harder to attract top FA talent in the off-season.

G. Host
10-28-2007, 12:22 PM
The fact that the story got reported just makes it that much harder to attract top FA talent in the off-season.

Story was created not reported; anybody with a bone to pick with someone can create a story from an 'inside source" and not have to back it up. PFT does it all of the time.

JJamezz
10-28-2007, 12:26 PM
I wonder if they'll be any backlash from this.. Mort's been ripping on the Bills for a couple of years now, every chance he gets, but he may have gone too far this time.

It's such a shame too.. Mort used to be one of my favorites, but man has he let his pettiness get the best of him. I'd love to see some repercussion for this.. they should Dan Rather his ass.

Novacane
10-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Wasn't Mort pimping JP bigtime this offseason? JP was his good buddy Donahoes only chance to prove he was not a total faliure here. Seems like he's doing what Donahoe can't. Dig at the Bills publically.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Stay on topic

It was on topic.

HAMMER
10-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Stay on topic

Holy Gustapo.

TigerJ
10-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Players have respect for veterans as part of their genetic makeup. The only time that players will perfer a rookie for starter over a veteran is when the rookie is soo good that nobody can argue his veteran counter part is anywhere near as good (Adrian Peterson in Minnesota) or the veteran is a total jerk, and not that good. It does not surprise me that Bills veterans express preference for Losman any more than it did when the veteran players were lobbying for Holcomb over Losman a couple years back. Are the players right, and it's about money, and bonuses Ralph won't have to pay? I doubt it. Wilson is careful about his money, but wins are more important to him than the kind of dollars were talking about should Losman make his bonuses rather than sitting on the bench. Wilson was as impressed by Edwards' poise as a lot of other people have been. He may have reasoned "Why should I pay Losman a bonus if Edwards is a better player," but if he didn't think Edwards was better, I doubt he would have lobbied for him.

billsburgh
10-28-2007, 01:00 PM
how much in available cap room isn't being used this year? and I dont want to hear that cash to cap crap. if he was serious about building a championship team, he would have used that available cap room. as far as JP goes, no he hasnt earned that bonus or a big extension, so Ralph shouldnt pay that.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 01:05 PM
if he was serious about building a championship team, he would have used that available cap room..

On who? Overpay some more players?

as far as JP goes, no he hasnt earned that bonus or a big extension, so Ralph shouldnt pay that.

Agreed.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2007, 01:14 PM
**** RALPH WILSON. I'm glad that everyone is starting to realize what a joke of an owner he is.

but yet,when i declared this a few years back,everybody and there mothers were quick to jump all over me with their BS.once again,the Realists were right.

billsburgh
10-28-2007, 01:15 PM
On who? Overpay some more players?

Agreed.
DT is a weak spot and they gave Darwin Walker away because they didnt want to pay him. Drew Bennett would have been an upgrade at WR. no serious attempt to try to resign Clements or go after Lance Briggs. Everyone over paid for players this year. that's just the way it was with the new cap.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Does JP Losman deserve his 3 million dollar bonus or a contract extension?

Point made.

according to the Li(kers,he deserves it.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 01:42 PM
DT is a weak spot and they gave Darwin Walker away because they didnt want to pay him. . I haven't paid much attention to Chicago but it doesn't look like Walker has helped them much.

no serious attempt to try to resign Clements .Most Bills fans agreed with this move. CB position hasn't really been that much of a problem this year. A pleasant surprise.

or go after Lance Briggs. . In hindsight, excellent move.

Everyone over paid for players this year. that's just the way it was with the new cap. And the Bills have done their part in it. Walker, Schobel, Dockery, Kelsay.

Wys Guy
10-28-2007, 01:50 PM

True or not, just one more data point of a team in utter disarray.

Meathead
10-28-2007, 01:52 PM
yeah this whole ralph is cheap so play edwards is just stupid. tempting to believe tho since there doesnt appear any clear reason to bench jp right now. obviously the coaches believe they see/know something to start the rook. i just wish i knew what it was cuz i cant see any good reason to do so. hes been great for a rook but certainly no better than jp overall. i will easily agree jp shoulda been better but it was only two games against very tough teams. gotta think he coulda got more than three out of the offense on mnf. i hope hes a star here for a long time but right now i just dont get it

Typ0
10-28-2007, 02:00 PM
I expect this story is true, they decided they didn't want to pay Lossman because he wasn't performing. Can you blame them?

odin
10-28-2007, 02:36 PM
The fact that this story is very possible is pretty sad

billsburgh
10-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I haven't paid much attention to Chicago but it doesn't look like Walker has helped them much.

Most Bills fans agreed with this move. CB position hasn't really been that much of a problem this year. A pleasant surprise.

In hindsight, excellent move.

And the Bills have done their part in it. Walker, Schobel, Dockery, Kelsay.
you cant deny that any of the players I listed would be improvements at their respective positions compared to what we have on the Bills.

Nighthawk
10-28-2007, 03:36 PM

I've been saying for years that Ralph is a crappy, cheap owner, but some people on this board continue to support him. This guy is a loser.

Romes
10-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Here is the link for the people that didn't see it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3083947