• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

DiGorgio blessing in disguise

With the Poz injury, DiGorgio has gotten a chance to start and IMO has really shown he belongs on this league. I don't think he's a starting MLB long term in this league but more importantly the Bills know that they have at least LB on the roster who gives them QUALITY depth for the future.

On the opposite end, I'm not liking Ellison at all right now. He looks like a "so what" LB to me. But I don't want to get into him too much because he was injured and maybe is just getting his speed and timing back. BUt right now he looked a lot better to me last year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Re: DiGorgio blessing in disguise

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    With the Poz injury, DiGorgio has gotten a chance to start and IMO has really shown he belongs on this league. I don't think he's a starting MLB long term in this league but more importantly the Bills know that they have at least LB on the roster who gives them QUALITY depth for the future.

On the opposite end, I'm not liking Ellison at all right now. He looks like a "so what" LB to me. But I don't want to get into him too much because he was injured and maybe is just getting his speed and timing back. BUt right now he looked a lot better to me last year.
    I think Ellison has played well since hes been back...and hes part of the reason the defense has played a lot better?
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by more cowbell
      I think Ellison has played well since hes been back...and hes part of the reason the defense has played a lot better?
      Why do so many seem to think our D has played well?

Denver 470 net yards
      Pittsburgh 420 net yards
      New England 485 net yards
      NY Jets 346 net yards
      Dallas 385 net yards (accompanying 6 turnovers)
      Even Baltimore and their cruddy offense, the worst we've played, got 308 net yards. Heap wasn't playing, McGahee tore us up as one of his best games ever, their OL was banged up, Boller of all QBs was playing. That's the best we've done.

This is your guys' standard of good?

Not to mention that most of those teams put up bookoo rushing yards too.

We haven't held anyone to less than 300 yards. Net.

It's no wonder I don't understand where some of these sentiments come from.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Denver 470 net yards
        Pittsburgh 420 net yards
        NY Jets 346 net yards
        Even Baltimore and their cruddy offense, the worst we've played, got 308 net yards. Heap wasn't playing, McGahee tore us up as one of his best games ever, their OL was banged up, Boller of all QBs was playing. That's the best we've done.

Are you ever going to understand that yardage is secondary to scoring as far as priorities of the T2 defense?
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• m1orenz
          • Aug 2007

Denver 470 net yards
          Pittsburgh 420 net yards
          NY Jets 346 net yards

if they start awarding wins for the most yards ill start worrying

Comment

• Spiderweb
            ....formerly OhBF
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Agree with DiGorgio, and with Ellison, he may have looked better last year, but he may be just now getting his game legs under him. I'd give a couple more weeks before throwing him under the bus.

Kinda like stating the obvious?
            Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
            own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by YardRat
              Are you ever going to understand that yardage is secondary to scoring as far as priorities of the T2 defense?
              You're right, if you ignore the yardage we allow and only count the points, we rank an impressive 18th at 22 ppg. My bad.

Then again, we've held some really impressive offenses to low points: Denver, the Jets, Ravens.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

DiGiorgio is not good. Never makes plays against the run and is always blown off the ball.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

DiGiorgio was all over the field today. I'll give the guy credit but I still wish Poz was in there.

Comment

• more cowbell
                    • Apr 2006

Denver 470 net yards
                    Pittsburgh 420 net yards
                    NY Jets 346 net yards

Didnt say the defense is playing well there sir. Maybe if you step off your throne and read my actual words I said they have been playing better, hence why we have actually been winning games now.

But I do love know it alls...
                    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

You're right, if you ignore the yardage we allow and only count the points, we rank an impressive 18th at 22 ppg. My bad.

Then again, we've held some really impressive offenses to low points: Denver, the Jets, Ravens.
                      If you have nothing but negative comments about the Bills to make, why don't you stop watching the Bills all together and stop wasting your prescious time posting to a message board? When we are "good enough" for your approval, then come on back.

No one on here really wants to come in and see what negative stat you are harping on today...

99.5% of everything you post is in a negative light.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

You are a champion of negativity (as has been pointed out many times before). The defense has been looking better on the field and we have a few wins to show for it. Stats do not tell the whole story. Can the defense get better? Of course, but they have looked improved. That's a good thing, isn't it?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          DiGiorgio is not good. Never makes plays against the run and is always blown off the ball.
                          ...except the few times I saw him make a tackle near the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

If DiGorgio is this good, then next year when Poz is healthy, they both need to be on the field together. And if Ellison doesn't improve, sorry, he's got to find his way to the bench.

We need to have our best 3 LBs out there, not one of the top 3 sitting on the bench because he can't play OLB. That's a bull**** excuse!

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

Some players can not play in space unfortunately. Might be better for POZ to play OLB and DiG to continue playing MLB since he has been making the defense calls already. DiG needs more protection than POZ and POZ can handle TEs better I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X