PDA

View Full Version : If you support both QBs, what do you do now?

NorthCarBills
10-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I have always liked JP, but I also like Edwards and what he's done since coming in. What should a fan of both QBs with completely different styles and strengths hope for other than overall success for the team? How do you think the lockerroom sides in this?

Well, for now I'm going to enjoy the win but this is already bugging me. Thanks all.

Nighthawk
10-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I really don't know. JP's got the physical gifts, but Edwards has the smarts. Tough call.

TheBrownBear
10-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I honestly don't know. But if the coaches have seen enough from Trent in practice to believe that he is really our qb of the future then they should stick with him.

Tatonka
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
i think it is a moot point to be honest.

thing is, as a few of us pointed out.. edwards has a long history of being injury prone.. and it showed up again after only 4 games.. so i dont think it is going to matter..

i would be more concerned that the coach publicly endorsing edwards is really going to split the locker room and screw the team no matter what qb plays.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-28-2007, 05:49 PM
I personally stick with Edwards.

Based entirely on the fact that Losman usually is good for one good pass per game if it's the Jets or the Texans. This is the Jets, and we saw the one good pass.

djjimkelly
10-28-2007, 05:50 PM
i think it is a moot point to be honest.

thing is, as a few of us pointed out.. edwards has a long history of being injury prone.. and it showed up again after only 4 games.. so i dont think it is going to matter..

i would be more concerned that the coach publicly endorsing edwards is really going to split the locker room and screw the team no matter what qb plays.

exactly!!!!!!!

and i do support both qbs becuz they are buffalo bills.

i however go with what i beleive this league is about big plays. the threat of the TRUE BIG play is gonna not let people stack the line vs lynch and so on.

there is truly a bigger playbook with a JP type.

Crisis
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
exactly!!!!!!!

and i do support both qbs becuz they are buffalo bills.

i however go with what i beleive this league is about big plays. the threat of the TRUE BIG play is gonna not let people stack the line vs lynch and so on.

there is truly a bigger playbook with a JP type.

they don't have a chance to use the playbook when Losman goes 3 and out every other drive.

SpillerThrills
10-28-2007, 05:52 PM
tough call, I like JP, but I like Edwards too.... I think both can be great qb's in this league. JP has a great arm and can run... .Edwards shows alot of poise and seems comfortable in the pocket, he also does a good job of running the offense whether it be with our without the huddle.... Edwards also does a good job of checking down and hitting his "dump off" recievers where JP has a habbit of either running out of the pocket or taking the sack waiting for someone to get open.

I'm glad I'm not the coach having to make this decision.

whoever is in, I'll support.... I'm a bills fan, not a player fan.

djjimkelly
10-28-2007, 05:54 PM
they don't have a chance to use the playbook when Losman goes 3 and out every other drive.

i think maybe u should check the 3 and out meter on saburzfans posts

trent has done it more and at a higher % then JP this year.

once again lets go with facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u have a personal issue with JP just say it!!!!

otherwise give factual points

YardRat
10-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I stick with Edwards if he's healthy...This isn't a knock on JP, but he really didn't do anything different today coming in as a back-up that we haven't already seen before.

DynaPaul
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I wish we could combine them both and have an awesome FrankenQB. Let's not get too excited about JP's one good pass though. That was underthrown and the play was all to Evans' credit. Chances are Edwards will start next week. His one interception in the game was on a pretty slick trick play by the "Mangenius".

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I think we should start Losman next week as a precaution. I would hate to see Trent Edwards get rushed into things and get injured further.

Mad Bomber
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Dammit....

We have TWO good QBs.

Trent has shown the ability to run a really good offense between the 20s that takes major time off the clock.

However, once we get into the red zone, there is virtually no chance for a TD.

JP is the king of 3 and outs.

However, he can make the BIG play.

All I can say right now is that I'm happy that we WON, and I'm happy to see that JP came in and made a HUGE play...
:gobills:

Michael82
10-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Personally, I believe that the locker room is already split and no matter what Jauron does, it's going to piss people off. Lee Evans is one of those people.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:22 PM
It's time to move on. I think JP and the bills are done. We started the Trent experiment, let's finish it.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 06:23 PM
The league is littered with big-armed failures, so arm strength alone can't be a decider. Gotta give it to the more complete QB with the better upside.

BillsNick
10-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I just want whoever gives us the best chance to win.

historypete
10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I'll root for either guy. They both have things I like and dislike, but I don't give a damn who is playing. As long as Fairchild stays out of the way and lets one of them play it doesn't matter who the QB is.

G. Host
10-28-2007, 07:26 PM
I'll root for JP and Edwards to come in relief, Edwards as QB and JP to come in relief or even both of them if QB staff decided to mix it up and play Edwards one half and JP the other half to keep both QBs fresh.

QB controversies are caused by media trying to stir interest and fans trying to stir crap.

jamze132
10-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I have always liked JP, but I also like Edwards and what he's done since coming in. What should a fan of both QBs with completely different styles and strengths hope for other than overall success for the team? How do you think the lockerroom sides in this?

Well, for now I'm going to enjoy the win but this is already bugging me. Thanks all.
Cheer for whoever is in there...

With our two QBs, neither one has distinguished themselves as the better QB so whoever is in there, great! As long as we win, I could care less if Yohan Santana is in there!

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
The league is littered with big-armed failures, so arm strength alone can't be a decider. Gotta give it to the more complete QB with the better upside.
For every big armed failures there are dink and dunk ones as well.

Remember Rob Johnson was a big armed player who loved dinking to Larry Centers or taking a sack instead of attempting to go deep although he did try with Moulds sometimes. Is Trent the next Rob? I hope not but there are some similarities.