PDA

View Full Version : Jauron-Mangini Just Waged A 3 Hour " Who's Dumber " Contest

Night Train
10-28-2007, 05:58 PM
And Mangini wins !

Although I'm sure Jauron had to look at his notes to see which hand to use for the post game handshake.

Did either Offense even practice during the week ?

chubluv
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
:roflmao:

STAMPY
10-28-2007, 06:06 PM
i don't think Jauron was that bad today. The one play lynch went wrong way

socalfan
10-28-2007, 06:06 PM
And Mangini wins !

Although I'm sure Jauron had to look at his notes to see which hand to use for the post game handshake.

Hello! HELLO!! anyone home in there. WE WON!!!!!

Wys Guy
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
And Mangini wins !

Most intelligent thing I've seen all day NightTrain!

Thanks!

Night Train
10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Hello! HELLO!! anyone home in there. WE WON!!!!!

Only because the NFL mandates a winner in each game.

The only positive was the lack of overtime.

STAMPY
10-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Night train give me 5 things that Jauron botched?

jamze132
10-28-2007, 06:22 PM
And Mangini wins !

I nominate this thread for "Thread of the Year"!

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing.

While Mangini might've taken too long to cut his vet QB, Dick might've cut his vet qb too soon.

Both teams might as well go with their future qb's . May the lesser idiot have a better season.

Akhippo
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
It may not be true down to a player, but this team plays dumb. Just watching the game the only feeling you have is, are they going to be able to do......

It took them all of the first half and halftime to realize that Revis is coming off the end. We better block him.

This team is never one step ahead. Never thinks ahead. They are always taking it.

It seems like it takes them a couple plays to get something, anything to work, then they get all excited and let up. Big pass play for 18 yds, Oh, its first down again, we have to run it. Blitz for a sack, Oh ok, now lets sit back with 10 yds cushions on the next play. Ah, they passed for a first, darn.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
When we get inside the 20 we should just send Lindell out there on 1st down.

historypete
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm glad they won today, because I almost blew up before half-time. I still can't believe Fairchild won't attack anyone. They have 2 TO's and a 3rd and 11 around the 50 and they run a give up play. I went nuts. Just like the week before against Baltimore they sit on the ball. This team on Offense coaches not like they want to win, but the old saying of "not to lose". And Jauron is culpable becuase he allows this to go on.

With that said Perry Fewell is an excellent coach. This guy has his players going hard all the time and considering the injuries he's had to deal with I give him all the credit in the world. I think the other two could learn something from him.

Night Train
10-28-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm glad they won today, because I almost blew up before half-time. I still can't believe Fairchild won't attack anyone. They have 2 TO's and a 3rd and 11 around the 50 and they run a give up play. I went nuts.

Jauron keeps talking about 60 minutes of football, yet keep doing exactly what you posted. It's so frustrating. As if he's dying for a bathroom break.

Akhippo
10-28-2007, 06:59 PM
This team has a take it in the rear attitude. They dont dictate to anybody. On D they sit back and wait for the offense. If the offense used all of the playclock, you wouldnt see the D move for 20 seconds. No trying to confuse or harass or intimidate.
Same on offense. I can almost hear the play in the helmet. Ok, TRY this play and well see what happens. HOPEFULLY we will get a good matchup.
It all starts with the coaches. Dick always gets comments on his stoic look on the sideline. NO, its his, damn I left my coaching in the NFL for dummies book on the bus.

John Doe
10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
We won with a rookie QB starting his first game on the road.

I think that the coaches did a pretty good job.

YardRat
10-28-2007, 07:30 PM
You might as well give up on the Jauron-bashing, because barring a complete meltdown the rest of the season the guy is going to be here again next year.

3-4 after seven games, two missed FG's away from 5-2, devastated by injuries early in the year, a rookie QB and a rookie RB, three new starters on the o-line, an impressive showing on national TV, and a team that shows up every week and plays hard.

Even if the locker room becomes crushingly divided over the QB's, it's the players that'll be shown the door, not the coaching staff.

OpIv37
10-28-2007, 07:36 PM
We won with a rookie QB starting his first game on the road.

I think that the coaches did a pretty good job.

only if you think W/L is the only criteria for evaluation.

This is another game that we won in spite of the coaches rather than because of them.

John Doe
10-28-2007, 08:00 PM
only if you think W/L is the only criteria for evaluation.

This is another game that we won in spite of the coaches rather than because of them.

I don't think that W/L is the only criteria.

I do think that it deserves most weight.

Edwards is a rookie. It was his first start on the road where he had to use a silent snap count and where it is much more difficult to call audibles. The Jets threw a ton of blitzes at him.

The team was well prepared.

A conservative game plan was called for, and it worked.

OpIv37
10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't think that W/L is the only criteria.

I do think that it deserves most weight.

Edwards is a rookie. It was his first start on the road where he had to use a silent snap count and where it is much more difficult to call audibles. The Jets threw a ton of blitzes at him.

The team was well prepared.

A conservative game plan was called for, and it worked.

the team is always well prepared with this coaching staff. It's the in-game decisions that hold them back. The conservative calls at the end of the first drive and at the end of the first half very well could have cost them the game. It took them way too long to adjust to the blitz.

The coaches do half their job- they get the team prepared well for the game, but if the game doesn't go according to plan, they are clueless as to what to do next.

John Doe
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
the team is always well prepared with this coaching staff. It's the in-game decisions that hold them back. The conservative calls at the end of the first drive and at the end of the first half very well could have cost them the game. It took them way too long to adjust to the blitz.

The coaches do half their job- they get the team prepared well for the game, but if the game doesn't go according to plan, they are clueless as to what to do next.

The conservative calls did not lose the game. A rookie typically takes time to adjust to the blitz. Blaming the coaches for a rookie playing like a rookie in his first game on the road is a bit much if you ask me.

The Bills won. That carries the most weight for me.

OpIv37
10-28-2007, 08:14 PM
The conservative calls did not lose the game. A rookie typically takes time to adjust to the blitz. Blaming the coaches for a rookie playing like a rookie in his first game on the road is a bit much if you ask me.

The Bills won. That carries the most weight for me.

I'm not blaming the coaches for the play of a rookie. I'm blaming the coaches for being conservative- ie, not putting the players in positions to make plays (see what happens when they finally did that with Evans). I'm blaming the coaches for letting Revis get 4 or 5 clean shots at Edwards before they started trying to figure out how to block him or slow him down. I'm blaming the coaches for calling plays that basically ensured a FG attempt instead of a touchdown.

Ebenezer
10-28-2007, 08:14 PM
i am convinced that there are people who would ***** if we went 12-4 playing 16 games like today.

Akhippo
10-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Its not that TE is a rookie, its not that the jets blitzed the rookie. Its the coaches seeing that the jets were blitzing from the same location, over and over and not putting the rook in a more favorable position.

They left him to get hammered again and again.

OpIv37
10-28-2007, 08:16 PM
i am convinced that there are people who would ***** if we went 12-4 playing 16 games like today.

flawed premise.

If we played 16 games like we played today we'd be 4-12. Most of the teams we play are a lot better than the Jets.

Ebenezer
10-28-2007, 08:18 PM
flawed premise.

If we played 16 games like we played today we'd be 4-12. Most of the teams we play are a lot better than the Jets.
BS. They almost beat Indi last year playing this way....they are 2 last second FG away from being 5-2...they could play this way and be 12-4...there is no flaw about it...

and even if it is....IF they went 12-4 playing this way, hypothetically, you'd be one of the first to complain, realistically.

John Doe
10-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm not blaming the coaches for the play of a rookie. I'm blaming the coaches for being conservative- ie, not putting the players in positions to make plays (see what happens when they finally did that with Evans). I'm blaming the coaches for letting Revis get 4 or 5 clean shots at Edwards before they started trying to figure out how to block him or slow him down. I'm blaming the coaches for calling plays that basically ensured a FG attempt instead of a touchdown.

Typically, you are not happy unless you have the last word.

Go ahead - it won't change my opinion.

OpIv37
10-28-2007, 08:21 PM
BS. They almost beat Indi last year playing this way....they are 2 last second FG away from being 5-2...they could play this way and be 12-4...there is no flaw about it...

and even if it is....IF they went 12-4 playing this way, hypothetically, you'd be one of the first to complain, realistically.

ALMOST. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades- you just proved my point. When we play like this against good teams, we lose.

And the reason we're 3-4 instead of 5-2: coaching. There is no way this staff can continue to coach like this and ever get us anywhere near 12-4, and even if they somehow pulled it off, we'd just lose to someone like Indy in the first round of the playoffs (like you said, we lost to Indy playing like this).

OpIv37
10-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Typically, you are not happy unless you have the last word.

Go ahead - it won't change my opinion.

when you mischaracterize what I say, I'm going to respond- you said I was blaming the coaches for the play of a rookie when all I was doing was trying to hold the coaches accountable for their decisions, which you refuse to do.

Akhippo
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Whats wrong with wanting a decisive win. Just because the bill struggled all game against the jets doesnt mean they won. The jets were just the first ones to lose. Except for the elite teams, thats mainly how games are won and lost nowadays. You see that perfectly against the Pats. Its contrasted perfectly. You can watch as teams implode against them. As much as they beat you, most teams beat themselves.

How far has it come that squeaking out a W is the end all be all. So the ritual of hoping and hoping we can squeak out another one next week. I want the confidence that going into a game the other team is guaranteed to be the first to shoot itself in the foot and that the bills are going to win. That the other team is going to have to play flawless to win.

John Doe
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
ALMOST. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades- you just proved my point. When we play like this against good teams, we lose.

And the reason we're 3-4 instead of 5-2: coaching. There is no way this staff can continue to coach like this and ever get us anywhere near 12-4, and even if they somehow pulled it off, we'd just lose to someone like Indy in the first round of the playoffs (like you said, we lost to Indy playing like this).

Its good to hear that you feel the Bills have 5-2 talent.

It is a big change from the preseason.