PDA

View Full Version : K finally got a look at the toss by JP

Devin
10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Not taking anything away from him, we won and whether its by 1 or 50 a win is a win to me.

But that was all Evans. That was dangerously close to being picked off, he didnt lead him at all and tossed it into double coverage.

As I said dont get me wrong ill take a TD no matter how it comes, and yes id like to see Edwards be able to air it out a bit, but that was actually a pretty scary throw.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Not taking anything away from him, we won and whether its by 1 or 50 a win is a win to me.

But that was all Evans. That was dangerously close to being picked off, he didnt lead him at all and tossed it into double coverage.

As I said dont get me wrong ill take a TD no matter how it comes, and yes id like to see Edwards be able to air it out a bit, but that was actually a pretty scary throw.

So what if it was all Evans? Evans wasn't gonna have a chance to make a play if you don't throw it. You gotta throw it first to at least have a chance to make a play and I'm sure Evans is glad someone took a chance.

DraftBoy
10-28-2007, 06:27 PM
You know you wasting your time, either your an Edwards fan, or a Losman fan, Bills fans be damned.

Wys Guy
10-28-2007, 06:28 PM

And this differs from just about every one of JP's deep throws last year how now?

Devin
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Love him or hate him JP had some beautiful deep throws last year.

kinigirly
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
i'm gonna ask a mildly mean question here. do you think lee would have fought as hard for that ball if trent threw it?

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Good point. If true, Evans is an assclown and needs to go.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 06:30 PM
And this differs from just about every one of JP's deep throws last year how now?

It doesn't.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 06:32 PM
i'm gonna ask a mildly mean question here. do you think lee would have fought as hard for that ball if trent threw it?

I doubt it. He didn't do it in the first Jets game where Trent got picked off in the endzone.

odin
10-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Passes were pretty good considering he hasn't played in a month. He came in completely cold too.. And people are expecting perfect passes?? JP's bomb to roscoe came in the face of heavy pressure.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Passes were pretty good considering he hasn't played in a month. He came in completely cold too.. And people are expecting perfect passes?? JP's bomb to roscoe came in the face of heavy pressure.

Why not? Some people are expecting Trent Edwards to play outstanding all the time as a rookie.

YardRat
10-28-2007, 06:37 PM

That thought occurred to me, also, so don't feel alone.

odin
10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Why not? Some people are expecting Trent Edwards to play outsatnding all the time as a rookie.
Maybe because TE stole the job from him? He should be expected play well considering how the playoffs are still a possibility and we arn't throwing in the towel to develop a QB... not yet anyway.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 06:39 PM

I'm trying really hard to believe he wouldn't do that. I really am.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Maybe because TE stole the job from him? He should be expected play well considering how the playoffs are still a possibility and we arn't throwing in the towel to develop a QB... not yet anyway.

3-1 when Trent starts. The Bills must be doing something right.

Should be 5-2.

Amazing with all these injuries we haven't played worse.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
BULL CRAP!

That's what a good QB does, he puts the ball in a position where his WR can make a play! Losman and Evans have such great chemistry together, it ain't even funny. It's obvious that's why Evans wants Losman as the starter, so obvious.

ParanoidAndroid
If JP keeps throwing those, how many times do they get picked versus how many times they complete? Evans is good but he's not going to win jump balls like Moss does. Evans made a nice play, and JP got a little lucky. That was a typical Losman scoring drive: 4 plays 90 yards and 2 minutes. When he can orchestrate a 12 play, 80 yard scoring drive that eats up 6 or 8 minutes with some consistency to go along with those ocassional big throws, he'll be the man. Which one is harder to do? Edwards has the harder part down already, IMO, and the big plays will come once he airs it out a few times.

BAM
Only thing I remembe from the game is the long bomb by JP to EVANS. Woooooo! That's terrible but go Bills! :boozer: :beer:

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 06:41 PM
3-1 when Trent starts. The Bills must be doing something right.

Should be 5-2.

Amazing with all these injuries we haven't played worse.

You can also thank Losman for that Trent Edward's victory because when Losman came in, it was a tied ball game. Don't be a homer, your stats are skewed TD.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 06:41 PM
That's what a good QB does, he puts the ball in a position where his WR can make a play!

That's what ANY QB can do.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:42 PM
3-1 when Trent starts. .

:rofl: so the Loss to the patriots goes to JP but the win today goes to Trent :roflmao:

TacklingDummy
If JP keeps throwing those, how many times do they get picked versus how many times they complete? Evans is good but he's not going to win jump balls like Moss does. Evans made a nice play, and JP got a little lucky. That was a typical Losman scoring drive: 4 plays 90 yards and 2 minutes. When he can orchestrate a 12 play, 80 yard scoring drive that eats up 6 or 8 minutes with some consistency to go along with those ocassional big throws, he'll be the man. Which one is harder to do? Edwards has the harder part down already, IMO, and the big plays will come once he airs it out a few times.

:clap:

Excellent post.

ParanoidAndroid

I forgot about the throw to Roscoe. He should have caught that.

Crisis
10-28-2007, 06:43 PM
:rofl: so the Loss to the patriots goes to JP but the win today goes to Trent :roflmao:

As a starter.

JP started the New England game.

Edwards started the Jets game.

What's so hard to understand?

Maybe they should give the win to JP though, his record is pathetic enough as it is and he could use it.

PECKERWOOD
That's what ANY QB can do.

CAN DO and DOES are two completely different things. If Edwards made that same play, so many of you would be all over his nuts!

Elminster
When Edwards can orchestrate a 12 play drive that produces more than a field goal more than once per game and not throw a pick at least once per game, he's the man. What the game boils down to is scoring points. For the record, Edwards would never throw that TD pass, much less complete it. He has neither the mentality nor the arm strength, and you can't teach either of those.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 06:44 PM

Simple question, How many games have the Bills Won/Lost when JP has started this year and how many have they when Trent has?

Thanks

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 06:44 PM

Yeah, what bullcrap.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
As a starter.

JP started the New England game.

Edwards started the Jets game.

What's so hard to understand?

Maybe they should give the win to JP though, his record is pathetic enough as it is and he could use it.

TDUMMY is trying to make it look like JP lost the game to the Pats and Trent won today's game :snicker:

Crisis
10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Out of curiosity, what are the Time of possession stats, between Losman and Edwards starts?

I really don't know and I know some of you stat nerds (wys) live for this stuff.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Simple question, How many games have the Bills Won/Lost when JP has started this year and how many have they when Trent has?

Thanks
:roflmao:

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Out of curiosity, what are the Time of possession stats, between Losman and Edwards starts?

I really don't know and I know some of you stat nerds (wys) live for this stuff.

It was somewhere around 34 minutes with Trent and 27 minutes with JP.

TacklingDummy
:roflmao:

Thought so. :up:

justasportsfan

I don't know but 1 TD and 5 INTs are impressive?

Philagape
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
CAN DO and DOES are two completely different things. If Edwards made that same play, so many of you would be all over his nuts!

If Trent were in there, yeah he probably wouldn't have tried it (although the result would have been the same if he did). We were ahead, and he would have done the smart thing and tried to kill the clock instead of heaving it into double coverage. We still would have won 6-3 or 9-3 or maybe even 13-3 a different way.

Mr. Cynical
For the record, Edwards would never throw that TD pass, much less complete it. He has neither the mentality nor the arm strength, and you can't teach either of those.

And you got all this from 4 games?

I stuck w/ JP all last year because we needed to give him the chance and KH was a 10 year journeyman nobody. But I can safely say that an assessment of JP at this point in his career after 4 years is fair game. I can't see how anyone can make any real assessment on TE after 4 games.

Crisis
I don't know but 1 TD and 5 INTs are impressive?

Winning is.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Winning is.
because of the D , not the O. We are winning inspite of the O. Add that to your stats.

Crisis
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
because of the D , not the O. We are winning inspite of the O. Add that to your stats.

You mean the D which is on the field for significantly less time when Trent Edwards starts?

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
If Trent were in there, yeah he probably wouldn't have tried it (although the result would have been the same if he did). We were ahead, and he would have done the smart thing and tried to kill the clock instead of heaving it into double coverage. We still would have won 6-3 or 9-3 or maybe even 13-3 a different way.

Good point. People seem to forget we were still ahead 6-3 before JP came in and "won the game". Seems to me when you are ahead, you're already winning.

Elminster
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
And you got all this from 4 games?

I stuck w/ JP all last year because we needed to give him the chance and KH was a 10 year journeyman nobody. But I can safely say that an assessment of JP at this point in his career after 4 years is fair game. I can't see how anyone can make any real assessment on TE after 4 games. I don't think you can judge either conclusively. But I can say Edwards doesn't have the same mentality. He has a Brady-like mentality and a similar physical skillset. Losman has a Favre-like mentality with an Elway-like skill set. Both are conducive to winning when properly developed and built around, and both can turn out bad(Pennington for the former and Jeff Blake for the latter).

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't think you can judge either conclusively. But I can say Edwards doesn't have the same mentality. He has a Brady-like mentality and a similar physical skillset. Losman has a Favre-like mentality with an Elway-like skill set. Both are conducive to winning when properly developed and built around, and both can turn out bad(Pennington for the former and Jeff Blake for the latter).

How many more games do you think it would take to be "fair" to judge JP then? Regardless of all the variables, he is a 4 year vet. IMO, you can have a pretty fair assessment of a QB at that point.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
You mean the D which is on the field for significantly less time when Trent Edwards starts?

Haha! The D that's in there less because they've been creating TO's and stopping offenses . All the O's been doing is running the clock because it can't score which is the primary thing to do to win games.

The D is bailing the O out. Even Stevie wonder can see that.

Elminster
10-28-2007, 06:55 PM
How many more games do you think it would take to be "fair" to judge JP then?
Well, he certainly looked good last year. And since his benching, Edwards hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. Sooo...you tell me. Do both QBs suck or is somebody doing the usual square peg-round hole routine?

historypete
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I agree that catch was all Evans, but JP should get credit for believing in him and giving him a chance to make a play on the ball. Brady has done the same thing with Randy Moss all year. That is what all the great recievers do. They make the tough catch when it is needed. I don't think Trent makes that throw not because he doesn't have the arm strenght, but because he doesn't have the same chemistry with Lee yet.

Anyway I give JP major credit for throwing that ball considering how windy it was. Even that ball to Roscoe was dead nuts with the wind whipping across the field.

odin
10-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Good point. People seem to forget we were still ahead 6-3 before JP came in and "won the game". Seems to me when you are ahead, you're already winning.

Really?? Are you sure?

mayotm
10-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Guess we can't just enjoy the win. Why do we have to turn this into another JP versus TE issue?

Michael82
10-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I agree that catch was all Evans, but JP should get credit for believing in him and giving him a chance to make a play on the ball. Brady has done the same thing with Randy Moss all year. That is what all the great recievers do. They make the tough catch when it is needed. I don't think Trent makes that throw not because he doesn't have the arm strenght, but because he doesn't have the same chemistry with Lee yet.

Anyway I give JP major credit for throwing that ball considering how windy it was. Even that ball to Roscoe was dead nuts with the wind whipping across the field.
Excellent post! :bf1:

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Guess we can't just enjoy the win. Why do we have to turn this into another JP versus TE issue?

Oh, I'm enjoying this win probably more than any other this season! You don't have to worry about that!

Novacane
10-28-2007, 07:04 PM

If he would not have we need to get rid of him

G. Host
10-28-2007, 07:07 PM

Not true.
From Play-by-Play:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29305&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG8
<table class="borderCollapse" _extended="true"><tbody _extended="true"><tr class="BUFcolors" _extended="true"> <td class="playText" colspan="2" _extended="true">Buffalo Bills at 14:16 </td></tr><!--START of play content in the quarter--> <tr class="rowAlt" _extended="true"> <td class="downInfo" _extended="true">1-10-BUF 41 </td> <td class="downText" _extended="true">(14:16) 23-M.Lynch left guard to 50 for 9 yards (52-D.Harris). </td></tr> <tr _extended="true"> <td class="downInfo" _extended="true">2-1- </td> <td class="downText" _extended="true">(13:36) 31-D.Wright left tackle to NYJ 46 for 4 yards (54-V.Hobson). </td></tr> <tr class="rowAlt" _extended="true"> <td class="downInfo" _extended="true">1-10-NYJ 46 </td> <td class="downText" _extended="true">(12:57) 7-J.Losman pass deep left to 83-L.Evans to NYJ 27 for 19 yards (54-V.Hobson). </td></tr> <tr _extended="true"> <td class="downInfo" _extended="true">1-10-NYJ 27 </td> <td class="downText" _extended="true">(12:15) 23-M.Lynch right guard to NYJ 21 for 6 yards (54-V.Hobson, 93-K.Coleman). </td></tr> <tr class="rowAlt" _extended="true"> <td class="downInfo" _extended="true">2-4-NYJ 21 </td> <td class="downText" _extended="true">(11:37) 23-M.Lynch left guard to NYJ 18 for 3 yards (52-D.Harris, 63-D.Robertson). </td></tr> <tr _extended="true"> <td class="downInfo" _extended="true">3-1-NYJ 18 </td> <td class="downText" _extended="true">(10:54) 23-M.Lynch left tackle to NYJ 22 for -4 yards (27-A.Elam, 52-D.Harris). </td></tr> <tr class="rowAlt" _extended="true"> <td class="downInfo" _extended="true">4-5-NYJ 22 </td> <td class="downText" _extended="true">(10:11) 9-R.Lindell 40 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman. </td></tr><!--END of play content in the quarter--> <tr class="subHeader" _extended="true"> <td class="playText fontWeightBold" colspan="2" _extended="true">BUF 6 NYJ 3 Plays: 7 Possession: 4:10 </td></tr></tbody></table>

Michael82
10-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Not true.
From Play-by-Play:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29305&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG8
<TABLE class=borderCollapse _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR class=BUFcolors _extended="true"><TD class=playText colSpan=2 _extended="true">Buffalo Bills at 14:16 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">1-10-BUF 41 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(14:16) 23-M.Lynch left guard to 50 for 9 yards (52-D.Harris). </TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">2-1- </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(13:36) 31-D.Wright left tackle to NYJ 46 for 4 yards (54-V.Hobson). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">1-10-NYJ 46 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(12:57) 7-J.Losman pass deep left to 83-L.Evans to NYJ 27 for 19 yards (54-V.Hobson). </TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">1-10-NYJ 27 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(12:15) 23-M.Lynch right guard to NYJ 21 for 6 yards (54-V.Hobson, 93-K.Coleman). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">2-4-NYJ 21 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(11:37) 23-M.Lynch left guard to NYJ 18 for 3 yards (52-D.Harris, 63-D.Robertson). </TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">3-1-NYJ 18 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(10:54) 23-M.Lynch left tackle to NYJ 22 for -4 yards (27-A.Elam, 52-D.Harris). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">4-5-NYJ 22 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(10:11) 9-R.Lindell 40 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman. </TD></TR><!--END of play content in the quarter--><TR class=subHeader _extended="true"><TD class="playText fontWeightBold" colSpan=2 _extended="true">BUF 6 NYJ 3 Plays: 7 Possession: 4:10 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Nice find! :snicker:

LtFinFan66
10-28-2007, 07:23 PM

As I said dont get me wrong ill take a TD no matter how it comes, and yes id like to see Edwards be able to air it out a bit, but that was actually a pretty scary throw.Thank you!! Hopefully Buffalofever will see that

LtFinFan66
10-28-2007, 07:27 PM
That's what ANY QB can do.Yeah, it's funny how when Culpepper used to throw balls up like that to Moss and he would come down with them....it was all Moss and not Culpepper. But a flip-flop ccurs when JP throws one up

colin
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
i'm not sold on either and i don't think jp is very good.

that said, he came in and didn't really surprise me, he has always had that great deep ball and evans is his favorite target by far. i though the pass to roscoe was an OK decision and a great throw, but bad play by the wr.

the evans td pass was a bad bad decision, a bad throw, a lot of luck, and a supreme play by the wr.

if that play was kyle boller throwing against us we'd all blame the secondary for missing the pick and hitting each other.

i think trent should start. the main thing for me in this game was that our lines played well and despite our rook RBs missing holes (both missed at least 1 each that a saw, prolly for nice gains) we ran hard and steady.

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Not true.
From Play-by-Play:
<TABLE class=borderCollapse _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR class=BUFcolors _extended="true"><TD class=playText colSpan=2 _extended="true">Buffalo Bills at 14:16 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">1-10-BUF 41 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(14:16) 23-M.Lynch left guard to 50 for 9 yards (52-D.Harris). </TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">2-1- </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(13:36) 31-D.Wright left tackle to NYJ 46 for 4 yards (54-V.Hobson). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">1-10-NYJ 46 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(12:57) 7-J.Losman pass deep left to 83-L.Evans to NYJ 27 for 19 yards (54-V.Hobson). </TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">1-10-NYJ 27 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(12:15) 23-M.Lynch right guard to NYJ 21 for 6 yards (54-V.Hobson, 93-K.Coleman). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">2-4-NYJ 21 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(11:37) 23-M.Lynch left guard to NYJ 18 for 3 yards (52-D.Harris, 63-D.Robertson). </TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">3-1-NYJ 18 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(10:54) 23-M.Lynch left tackle to NYJ 22 for -4 yards (27-A.Elam, 52-D.Harris). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=downInfo _extended="true">4-5-NYJ 22 </TD><TD class=downText _extended="true">(10:11) 9-R.Lindell 40 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman. </TD></TR><!--END of play content in the quarter--><TR class=subHeader _extended="true"><TD class="playText fontWeightBold" colSpan=2 _extended="true">BUF 6 NYJ 3 Plays: 7 Possession: 4:10 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Fair enough...

I guess when you start at your own 41, hand off the ball 5 times, complete one pass, get one first down then and settle for a field goal you should get credit for winning the game.

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, he certainly looked good last year. And since his benching, Edwards hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. Sooo...you tell me. Do both QBs suck or is somebody doing the usual square peg-round hole routine?

As I said, I can't tell if TE sucks after 4 games as a rook. So the jury is still out.

For JP, I've seen him play enough games after 4 years to say he's not a starting calibre NFL QB, at least not one you keep for very long until you find his replacement.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Revis picks that pass off if whoever number 27 on the Jets hits Evans instead of Revis. Revis' own teammate knocked him off the ball. Everyone I watched the game with saw it and laughed about it.

10 bucks Evans doesn't come out this week and say that pass was a duck though.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Thank you!! Hopefully Buffalofever will see that

Edwards doesn't have the arm strength needed to make that pass. Losman did the right thing, he made the right play which resulted in a touchdown. How are you going to dispute the fact that Losman made an excellent pass/play? You people act like this play is an isolated instance when in fact Losman and Evans combined on various occassions last year making similar plays for tremendous gains. You wouldn't know though LtFinFan, you haven't watched every single Bills game over the last 15+ years like I have.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 07:52 PM
10 bucks Evans doesn't come out this week and say that pass was a duck though.

Evans is already running his mouth. Is a big surprise that 2 of Donahoe's leftovers are turning into locker room cancers?

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Evans is already running his mouth. Is a big surprise that 2 of Donahoe's leftovers are turning into locker room cancers?

Your now officially fighting an uphill battle. Don't bet against Lee Evans, you are going to lose.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Edwards doesn't have the arm strength needed to make that pass.

54 yards last week.

Losman did the right thing, he made the right play which resulted in a touchdown.

So the ends justify the means? If it was a pick, which it was very close to being, everybody would say what an incredibly stupid and selfish play it was.

How are you going to dispute the fact that Losman made an excellent pass/play?

Because it was underthrown into double coverage

You people act like this play is an isolated instance when in fact Losman and Evans combined on various occassions last year making similar plays for tremendous gains. You wouldn't know though LtFinFan, you haven't watched every single Bills game over the last 15+ years like I have.

Such as the Bledsoe years? He threw some great bombs too.

odin
10-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Oh no!! A pass that is slightly underthrown in 30 mph winds while coming into the game completely cold and without any action in a month! How dare he!!

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Edwards doesn't have the arm strength needed to make that pass. Losman did the right thing, he made the right play which resulted in a touchdown. How are you going to dispute the fact that Losman made an excellent pass/play? You people act like this play is an isolated instance when in fact Losman and Evans combined on various occassions last year making similar plays for tremendous gains.

I agree with this. Throwing the ball up for grabs to Evans has worked out well at times for JP. Hell, its convinced some fans that JP deserves $10 million dollars a year contract extension.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 07:56 PM
54 yards last week.

was it as windy ?

doubt it.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:57 PM
was it as windy ?

doubt it.

To be exact, 18-20 mph INTO the wind.

Billscusey
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
So what if it was all Evans? Evans wasn't gonna have a chance to make a play if you don't throw it. You gotta throw it first to at least have a chance to make a play and I'm sure Evans is glad someone took a chance.

Due, it's obvious you are a Losman homer. Now is the time to be objective, not subjective. Picking favourites isn't the same as picking a winner.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Due, it's obvious you are a Losman homer. Now is the time to be objective, not subjective. Picking favourites isn't the same as picking a winner.
Am I a JP homer or are you a Trent licker?

Amazing, people said alot more kind words about Edwards when he threw the game against Dallas than people are doing about Losman today IN a BILLS WIN?

:rolleyes:

Billscusey
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Oh no!! A pass that is slightly underthrown in 30 mph winds while coming into the game completely cold and without any action in a month! How dare he!!

Right.....so do you think that the decision he made was a good one then? Hmm, I guess he didn't know that he was coming into the game completely cold without any action in a month, and throwing into 30 mph winds. The result was sheer luck for J.P.

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Well RJ threw a heck of a long ball in the Baltimore game as a Jaguar in '97 that netted him $15M to come to Buffalo. How'd that work out for us?

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Well RJ threw a heck of a long ball in the Baltimore game as a Jaguar in '97 that netted him $15M to come to Buffalo. How'd that work out for us?

I thought it was 25 million?

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:05 PM
we also kept him (over Flutie) for hanging on to the ball or dumping of to Larry Centers instead of taking chances deep. How did that work out for us?

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 08:05 PM
54 yards last week.

So the ends justify the means? If it was a pick, which it was very close to being, everybody would say what an incredibly stupid and selfish play it was.

54 yards last week.

Last I checked, 85 yards long into 18-20 mph wind gusts is alot longer than 54 yards no wind. Also, to be frank.. I can throw a football 50 yards with no wind and my arm is really nothing special.

If if's and buts were cherries and nuts, we would all have ice cream. It was not a selfish play at all, it won OUR team the game.

It was thrown exactly where it needed to be to result in a touchdown. How can you knock and blast a person for a pass that resulted in a score? That is so absurd.

Ok, well let's blast every QB that comes to Buffalo who throws a nice deep ball because Bledsoe threw a nice deep ball and he didn't work out. What kind of madness is that?

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
we also kept him (over Flutie) for hanging on to the ball or dumping of to Larry Centers instead of taking chances deep. How did that work out for us?

You lost me on this one.... RJ's only positive was his strong arm. Otherwise he had zero football awareness and intelligence. The comparison to the praising of JP for those exact same qualities is what baffles me when we've been burned before.

(and for the record I was a Flutie fan)

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
I thought it was 25 million?

Was it? If so that makes is even more disgusting. I was pretty sure it was 15 though....could be wrong.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Last I checked, 85 yards long into 18-20 mph wind gusts is alot longer than 54 yards no wind.

The pass was released at the 8 and caught at the Jets 43. That's 49 yards in the air. And until you produce links with the wind and direction at both exact moments, any wind claims are moot.

Also, to be frank.. I can throw a football 50 yards with no wind and my arm is really nothing special.

Which is what I've been saying. Anyone can do it!

It was thrown exactly where it needed to be to result in a touchdown. How can you knock and blast a person for a pass that resulted in a score? That is so absurd.

Because it was the receiver's great play and the Jets DBs taking each other out that resulted in the touchdown. JP's part of the play ended at that point. The pass was an INT if not for that.

Ok, well lets blast every QB that comes to Buffalo who throws a nice deep ball because Bledsoe threw a nice deep ball and he didn't work out. What kind of madness is that?

That's just as stupid as calling any QB the answer because he has a strong arm.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:16 PM
You lost me on this one.... RJ's only positive was his strong arm. Otherwise he had zero football awareness and intelligence. The comparison to the praising of JP for those exact same qualities is what baffles me when we've been burned before.

(and for the record I was a Flutie fan)
Rj had a strong arm but didn't use it. Flutie wasnt scared to take chances throwing the ball to Moulds deep and hoping Moulds would come down with the ball just like Jp isn't scared to throw to Evans deep.

Rob Johnson would rather throw short to Centers or take a sack because he was scared to take chances deep. Trent likes to dink and dunk more than take his chances deep. While Jp trust Evans, Trent isn't there yet. I know that takes time but until then, it is what it is.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 08:25 PM
The pass was released at the 8 and caught at the Jets 43. That's 49 yards in the air. And until you produce links with the wind and direction at both exact moments, any wind claims are moot.

Because it was the receiver's great play and the Jets DBs taking each other out that resulted in the touchdown. JP's part of the play ended at that point. The pass was an INT if not for that.

LOL!!!!!!! Were you not watching the game? They were talking CLEARLY about which direction the wind was blowing and at what velocity it was going at! I don't care if you know which direction the wind blows because I know and if you intend on proving my statements otherwise then you can go ahead and provide a link that proves me wrong, GOOD LUCK!

Not into 18-20 mph wind gusts. I could not do that and I bet that the majority of the QB's in the NFL today couldn't do that either.

:bs: A great pass play is credited to both the QB and the WR, especially when it is 85 yards out. It takes two to tango and to say otherwise is erroneous and it exposes to atleast me that you are biased. Why hasn't Evans took more passes to the house with Trent starting if the starting QB has no affect on a WR's play?

I'm not the one who brought up the Bledsoe deep ball comparisons, thank you. I'll bet you all my ZB's that you cannot find one post of mine in which I implied or even slightly insinuated what you just stated there, sir.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
LOL!!!!!!! Were you not watching the game? They were talking CLEARLY about which direction the wind was blowing and at what velocity it was going at! I don't care if you know which direction the wind blows because I know and if you intend on proving my statements otherwise then you can go ahead and provide a link that proves me wrong, GOOD LUCK!

You're the one making the claims, not me. Burden of proof is on you. I have no idea what the winds were or where they were blowing at the exact instant of the pass.

:bs: A great pass play is credited to both the QB and the WR, especially when it is 85 yards out. It takes two to tango and to say otherwise is erroneous and it exposes to atleast me that you are biased. Why hasn't Evans took more passes to the house with Trent starting if the starting QB has no affect on a WR's play?

Because DBs haven't knocked each other out with Trent as QB? (Must be his fault.)

Credit should go to where it's due. JP gets credit for doing something most QBs can do. But the circumstances that turned it from an INT into a TD were extraordinary and had nothing to do with him.

I'm not the one who brought up the Bledsoe deep ball comparisons, thank you. I'll bet you all my ZB's that you cannot find one post of mine in which I implied or even slightly insinuated what you just stated there, sir.

You're the one who talked about all the "tremendous gains" between JP and Evans. I pointed out that sporadic tremendous gains don't make a successful QB, using Bledsoe as an example.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:34 PM
The pass was released at the 8 and caught at the Jets 43. That's 49 yards in the air. And until you produce links with the wind and direction at both exact moments, any wind claims are moot. the commentator said it. He was there.

Which is what I've been saying. Anyone can do it! anyone but Edwards ?
Edwards tried to and he got intercepted and he didn't even throw that deep. I know Edwards was rushed but so was JP.

Because it was the receiver's great play and the Jets DBs taking each other out that resulted in the touchdown. JP's part of the play ended at that point. The pass was an INT if not for that. I agree, but you have to at least throw it for the reciever to make a play .

Philagape
10-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Come to think of it, maybe Trent should throw into double coverage more often so the DBs will run into each other! :idea:

acehole
10-28-2007, 08:37 PM
T Edwards would not have reached Evans for Evans to even make that play so....if you dont want to blame Edwards for picks and credit JP with TD's you all are bonkers....Great game BTW jets fans are insane,,....

Philagape
10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Losman has a stronger arm than Edwards. Never in dispute.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
You're the one making the claims, not me. Burden of proof is on you. I have no idea what the winds were or where they were blowing at the exact instant of the pass.

Because DBs haven't knocked each other out with Trent as QB? (Must be his fault.)

Credit should go to where it's due. JP gets credit for doing something most QBs can do. But the circumstances that turned it from an INT into a TD were extraordinary and had nothing to do with him.

You're the one who talked about all the "tremendous gains" between JP and Evans. I pointed out that sporadic tremendous gains don't make a successful QB.

Burden of proof? What are you a lawyer? This isn't a court room and I'm not PARCO P.I.
It's not my obligation to inform you of anything that you have missed or misconstrued.

Wtf? :scratch:

LOL?? Let's also go blast Tom Brady for some of his TD's that could have been interceptions. That doesn't make much sense to me.

You're the one who talked about all the "tremendous gains" between JP and Evans. I pointed out that sporadic tremendous gains don't make a successful QB.

I'm not saying that 'sporadic' gains makes a QB per say, I am saying that it sure as hell does help!

odin
10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
It was risky, no doubt, but I think Lee would have came down with it even if the safety didn't run into his own man. They both had their hands on the ball but Lee's momentum was headed upfield which helped him pull away with the ball.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Losman has a stronger arm than Edwards. Never in dispute.
so how is it that Trent could've made that throw if Jp barely got it there with a stronger arm. Does not compute.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 08:46 PM
LOL?? Let's also go blast Tom Brady for some of his TD's that could have been interceptions. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm all for that!

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm all for that!

lol, ok! You got me there!! :cheers:

Mr. Pink
10-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Justa, because last week we saw Trent throw a 54 yarder to Evans...all air.

This week the pass from JP to Evans was 49 yards in the air.

Hence why TE could have made the same exact throw.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 08:48 PM
so how is it that Trent could've made that throw if Jp barely got it there with a stronger arm. Does not compute.

Because Trent DID make that throw last week. No reason he couldn't have done it again. And I bet JP could have thrown it farther.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 08:50 PM

Not to answer for justa because I'm sure he can speak for himself..

18-20 mph gusts!

And if you're like Phil then don't debate my info unless you can discount it! :D

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:50 PM

like I asked, was there wind last week? Trent even underthrew that INt.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Not to answer for justa because I'm sure he can speak for himself..

18-20 mph gusts!

And if you're like Phil then don't debate my info unless you can discount it! :D

Wind doesn't stay constant, during the time of the throw it coulda been calm, or minimal. Or could have gusted when Trent threw to Evans last week.

You're being up a situation that is variable from one minute to the next, just because the announcers said 10 minutes prior it was 18-20 doesn't mean it was when JP threw.

A gust is just that, a gust. Gusts don't last long. Do you know for certain that when JP released the ball it was in the middle of a gust? Do you have proof that it was during a gust? Your info is based on a hunch/guess not fact.

There's no way to tell if it was 18, 8 or 88 MPH when JP threw the ball...likewise you can't tell the same thing when Trent threw to Evans last week.

Hence why Trent coulda made the exact same throw, because he proved he did last week.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Here's more on Trent's pass last week.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2168214&postcount=76

And looking at today's game thread, people were saying the Roscoe pass was into the wind ... the Evans pass went the other way.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Wind doesn't stay constant, during the time of the throw it coulda been calm, or minimal. Or could have gusted when Trent threw to Evans last week.

You're being up a situation that is variable from one minute to the next, just because the announcers said 10 minutes prior it was 18-20 doesn't mean it was when JP threw.

A gust is just that, a gust. Gusts don't last long. Do you know for certain that when JP released the ball it was in the middle of a gust? Do you have proof that it was during a gust? Your info is based on a hunch/guess not fact.

There's no way to tell if it was 18, 8 or 88 MPH when JP threw the ball...likewise you can't tell the same thing when Trent threw to Evans last week.

Hence why Trent coulda made the exact same throw, because he proved he did last week.

Well, one would assume if the announcers said that the wind has been going all day at about 18-20 mph that it would not change when Losman threw the pass. That's just my take, I think weather.com could put an effective end to this debate once and for all.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 09:00 PM

yeah I agree that the wind is unpredictable. No precise facts but facts are facts JP connected while Trent got intercepted.Both underthrown balls but JP's was way deeper .

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USNY0996?from=search_current

There ya go folks. That's what it's been all day and I'm not sure why some of you would assume that it would change when JP took the field.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Here's more on Trent's pass last week.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2168214&postcount=76

And looking at today's game thread, people were saying the Roscoe pass was into the wind ... the Evans pass went the other way.

I also, coulda sworn they were saying that Pennington was throwing into the wind in the early 4th quarter.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USNY0996?from=search_current

There ya go folks. That's what it's been all day and I'm not sure why some of you would assume that it would change when JP took the field.

That gives current conditions.

Plus, in an enclosed stadium, winds swirl. No way to prove anything.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't care what happened last week. All I know is that both qb's TODAY with the same wind and in the same stadium threw. One was intercepted and one went for a TD.

BTw, prior to Losman coming in, Trents longest connection was to Reed for 17 yards.after how many attempts .

On JP 's 3rd attempt Parrish dropped the ball otherwise, that woul;d've been a deep connection right there. Well no would'ves, could've should'ves. But JP connected to to Evans for 19 yards in his 4th attempt.

Then the Td to Evans. Still deeper than Trent ever threw while he was a qb.

I still prefer the O that JP ran last year over what Holcomb ran 2 years ago which is pretty much what we've been getting with Edwards.

Again, it's not TE's fault, but it is what it is dink and dunk.

TigerJ
10-28-2007, 10:21 PM

The pass to Roscoe might have been the better of the two passes. The ball was in Parrish's hands and the DB really didn't have a chance for it.

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Fair enough...

I guess when you start at your own 41, hand off the ball 5 times, complete one pass, get one first down then and settle for a field goal you should get credit for winning the game.

Hmm. Edwards got the ball earlier in the game at the JETS 45 yard line and threw 2 incompletions and then punted. I guess he REALLY should've been able to score there then.

JP was more productive in one quarter then Trent was all day. Against a horrible defense that is giving up 24+ points to every team in the league Trent was only able to get 3 points on them today through 3 quarters and only 17 on them last time at home. He also threw ANOTHER INT to go along with his lowly TD pass in 5 GAMES. He just hasn't been very good.

acehole
10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Hmm. Edwards got the ball earlier in the game at the JETS 45 yard line and threw 2 incompletions and then punted. I guess he REALLY should've been able to score there then.

JP was more productive in one quarter then Trent was all day. Against a horrible defense that is giving up 24+ points to every team in the league Trent was only able to get 3 points on them today through 3 quarters and only 17 on them last time at home. He also threw ANOTHER INT to go along with his lowly TD pass in 5 GAMES. He just hasn't been very good.

Great post I bet they still try and credit Trent with this win...they did every other game he had nothing to do with....

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 10:43 PM

Evans momentum carried him foward another 10-15 yards on that pass play to go along with the 54 yards. Also the pass was a duck and wobbling all over the place which was the reason it bounced off of Lee's arms. Luckily he was able to come down with it. He even said it himself. The wind also wasn't like it was today. Also that was his ONLY play in 5 GAMES. JP and Evans had multiple plays together last season.

JP has a perfect spiral into 15+mph winds. He also threw another great one to Parrish that he should have caught. I guess that is JP's fault for him not catching it too? JP threw one more great pass then Edwards did in 5 games in one quarter of play today.

Christ, some really are searching for apples tonight. They talk up Trent as playing great with his 66% completion rate(JP had 64% last year) by throwing nother but dumpoffs that travel 5 yards in the air but when JP fires TWO rockets in the matter of one quarter today they try to find excuses for an 85 yard TD play that sealed the game.

In the same situation for 3 straight weeks when we had the lead with about 5 minutes to go Trent threw INT's in two of them and then went 3 and out numerous of other times which gave the other teams chance after chances. It killed us in the Cowboys game because they shouldn't have even had that last drive. The first game against the Jets we had about 2 or 3 chances to seal the game but kept punting it back to them and it took an INT by Greer to win the game. Last week against the Ravens Trent threw another INT in that same situation that gave the Ravens new life and then had another 3 and out after that when the game still could've been put away and gave them another chance. Lukily for us the Ravens offense is just as bad.

But JP gets this situation today and seals the game and it's a bad decision and a lucky play? LOL. You guys are too much. I guess going 3 and out a couple more time and giving them the ball back with a 3 point lead with a chance to win the game again would've been a better decision. LOL

Spiderweb
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM

I guess you missed last years Houston game, etc.?

LtFinFan66
10-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Edwards doesn't have the arm strength needed to make that pass. Losman did the right thing, he made the right play which resulted in a touchdown. How are you going to dispute the fact that Losman made an excellent pass/play? You people act like this play is an isolated instance when in fact Losman and Evans combined on various occassions last year making similar plays for tremendous gains. You wouldn't know though LtFinFan, you haven't watched every single Bills game over the last 15+ years like I have.I saw JP make perfect deep throws in stride to Evans last year. THOSE were great passes. I am simply saying it was not the GREAT pass that the announcers made it out to be. Evans saved it for the TD....could have just as easily been picked. Personally, I could give a flying **** who you guys put at QB. My team sucks and as long as Beck gets put in there after the bye week, all is cool in my world. I am not knocking JP nor praising him.....I am not knocking Edwards nor praising him. Simply stating a pain and simple fact as I see it.

Lastly, not sure what watching every Bills game for the last 15 years has to do with anything. Last time I checked, JP has only been there 4 and Edwards is a rook.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2007, 01:55 AM
JP has a perfect spiral into 15+mph winds. He also threw another great one to Parrish that he should have caught. I guess that is JP's fault for him not catching it too? JP threw one more great pass then Edwards did in 5 games in one quarter of play today.

Christ, some really are searching for apples tonight. They talk up Trent as playing great with his 66% completion rate(JP had 64% last year) by throwing nother but dumpoffs that travel 5 yards in the air but when JP fires TWO rockets in the matter of one quarter today they try to find excuses for an 85 yard TD play that sealed the game.

In the same situation for 3 straight weeks when we had the lead with about 5 minutes to go Trent threw INT's in two of them and then went 3 and out numerous of other times which gave the other teams chance after chances. It killed us in the Cowboys game because they shouldn't have even had that last drive. The first game against the Jets we had about 2 or 3 chances to seal the game but kept punting it back to them and it took an INT by Greer to win the game. Last week against the Ravens Trent threw another INT in that same situation that gave the Ravens new life and then had another 3 and out after that when the game still could've been put away and gave them another chance. Lukily for us the Ravens offense is just as bad.

But JP gets this situation today and seals the game and it's a bad decision and a lucky play? LOL. You guys are too much. I guess going 3 and out a couple more time and giving them the ball back with a 3 point lead with a chance to win the game again would've been a better decision. LOL

I'll state again, I coulda sworn the announcers said Pennington was going into the wind earlier in the 4th quarter. Meaning JP woulda had it at his back. I didn't tivo or dvr it, so I can't go back to be certain. If someone could that would be great. I'm not 100% on this though by any means.

Either way, WIND IS VARIABLE! At the time of the throw it coulda been a 20mph gust or it could have been calm. No way to know for certain.

If Elam doesn't hit Revis away from the play...Revis could have wrestled it away from Lee or Lee could have wrestled it away from Revis. No way to know for certain. But Elam knocking Revis away from the tie up certainly took him out of the play and allowed for Evans to go in untouched from there.

Was it a good throw by JP? No. But he hasn't thrown the ball in a game in weeks, so that makes it acceptable in some people's logic. Because I guess during practice he just stood there and made sure to run water to people or something.

If that ball is intercepted we're back to a similiar situation like week 1 vs the Broncos. And we're all *****ing about a bad play call, which in the situation, it was. The execution was good though. But I swear we pick the most asinine times to stretch the field or take chances. Which falls on the coaching.

About the luck portion...I'd say God's good graces were smiling on the Bills on that play personally.

A win is a win, and I'll take it...no matter how it comes. Be it this week, against the Ravens or the first meeting with the Jets. They all count the same.

BillsFever21
10-29-2007, 03:17 AM
I'll state again, I coulda sworn the announcers said Pennington was going into the wind earlier in the 4th quarter. Meaning JP woulda had it at his back. I didn't tivo or dvr it, so I can't go back to be certain. If someone could that would be great. I'm not 100% on this though by any means.

Either way, WIND IS VARIABLE! At the time of the throw it coulda been a 20mph gust or it could have been calm. No way to know for certain.

If Elam doesn't hit Revis away from the play...Revis could have wrestled it away from Lee or Lee could have wrestled it away from Revis. No way to know for certain. But Elam knocking Revis away from the tie up certainly took him out of the play and allowed for Evans to go in untouched from there.

Was it a good throw by JP? No. But he hasn't thrown the ball in a game in weeks, so that makes it acceptable in some people's logic. Because I guess during practice he just stood there and made sure to run water to people or something.

If that ball is intercepted we're back to a similiar situation like week 1 vs the Broncos. And we're all *****ing about a bad play call, which in the situation, it was. The execution was good though. But I swear we pick the most asinine times to stretch the field or take chances. Which falls on the coaching.

About the luck portion...I'd say God's good graces were smiling on the Bills on that play personally.

A win is a win, and I'll take it...no matter how it comes. Be it this week, against the Ravens or the first meeting with the Jets. They all count the same.

You really are searching. Trying to blame the wind(or lack of wind) that it may have quit for them few seconds the ball was snapped. It could've for Edwards' 21 passes too but he couldn't do it.

That ball was just as much Evans' ball as it was Revis. It was good coverage. You know sometime there is good coverage where the WR isn't wide open and has to come down to the ball. If it was underthrown it was by about a yard. It was a good play. A bad pass would've been hitting Revis in the back and not in Evans' hands. Kind of like what Edwards did that one week.

I know you hate to see Edwards put up another stinker and not being able to score on the Jets and then having Losman come in and save the day but it's alright. You don't have to wish for the wind to stop for them glorious 5 seconds. He also had another better pass to Parrish that was dropped. I guess the wind stopped then too.

I think Lee Evans knows who is the better QB more then somebody who watches them on TV and wishes on an internet board. I forgot he is junk though and doesn't know what he's doing because he knows Losman is better.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2007, 03:27 AM
You really are searching. Trying to blame the wind(or lack of wind) that it may have quit for them few seconds the ball was snapped. It could've for Edwards' 21 passes too but he couldn't do it.

That ball was just as much Evans' ball as it was Revis. It was good coverage. You know sometime there is good coverage where the WR isn't wide open and has to come down to the ball. If it was underthrown it was by about a yard. It was a good play. A bad pass would've been hitting Revis in the back and not in Evans' hands. Kind of like what Edwards did that one week.

I know you hate to see Edwards put up another stinker and not being able to score on the Jets and then having Losman come in and save the day but it's alright. You don't have to wish for the wind to stop for them glorious 5 seconds. He also had another better pass to Parrish that was dropped. I guess the wind stopped then too.

I think Lee Evans knows who is the better QB more then somebody who watches them on TV and wishes on an internet board. I forgot he is junk though and doesn't know what he's doing because he knows Losman is better.

I never claimed that one of our two QBs is good ever. JP is terrible, his career tells us that. And Edwards is a rookie who at this point in time, isn't any better.

The thing is, you know exactly what you're gonna get out of Losman 1 or 2 deep passes a game and then straight out ineptness for the other 26 minutes he allows the offense to hold the ball. That's not good enough to win in this league.

I already stated earlier in this thread that Edwards could have made the same throw, into double coverage, because he did it against the Ravens. It's frustrating to see your alleged "star" receiver try more for one QB than the other though. Lee fights Revis for the ball, and then wins the battle thanks to Abram Elam knocking Revis off. But versus the Ravens he bobbles the ball before coming down with it. Then in the Jets game earlier in the year on an equally underthrown ball, he makes no effort to break it up let alone catch it, leading to an INT.

Has Edwards put up stinkers mostly through the year? Definitely. But he does put us in a place to win the game, sans the Pats game. Then again, what team has been in it vs the Pats all year? Problem is JP has put up plenty of stinkers in his career and we're no way near being in most of those contests.

Ugh, I so didn't want to turn this into a QB debate...I apologize.

BillsFever21
10-29-2007, 03:35 AM
I never claimed that one of our two QBs is good ever. JP is terrible, his career tells us that. And Edwards is a rookie who at this point in time, isn't any better.

The thing is, you know exactly what you're gonna get out of Losman 1 or 2 deep passes a game and then straight out ineptness for the other 26 minutes he allows the offense to hold the ball. That's not good enough to win in this league.

I already stated earlier in this thread that Edwards could have made the same throw, into double coverage, because he did it against the Ravens. It's frustrating to see your alleged "star" receiver try more for one QB than the other though. Lee fights Revis for the ball, and then wins the battle thanks to Abram Elam knocking Revis off. But versus the Ravens he bobbles the ball before coming down with it. Then in the Jets game earlier in the year on an equally underthrown ball, he makes no effort to break it up let alone catch it, leading to an INT.

Has Edwards put up stinkers mostly through the year? Definitely. But he does put us in a place to win the game, sans the Pats game. Then again, what team has been in it vs the Pats all year? Problem is JP has put up plenty of stinkers in his career and we're no way near being in most of those contests.

Ugh, I so didn't want to turn this into a QB debate...I apologize.

Oh so you're saying that Evans' doesn't try when Edwards is in the game? Did you ever think he just isn't good enough to get him the ball downfield, or to many WR's for that matter?

So Lee Evans, who wants a new contract, is just going to give up when one QB is in the game? That would be real good for his chances. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

He's trying when JP is in the game though. Why? because JP can get him the ball as he did multiple times last year.

So you are saying he bobbled the ball against the Ravens on purpose? When hit football career is over in a couple years(like you basically stated) then he will have a career in the circus doing a juggling act. That is insane to even say that. He must be very coordinated to be able to knock that ball off of his arm into midair and catch it 5 or so more yards down the field. The ball juggled like that because of the duck whobbling through the air. There wasn't any spiral to it at all. The rotation of it caused it from being caught cleanly.

Damn, for a WR who is so bad that will be out of the league in a couple more years he does a pretty good job of juggling the ball around before he catches it. Also what reason would he have to do that before catching it? Seriously. If he didn't want to play or catch Edwards' ball he just would've flat our dropped it. Did he have a change of heart while the ball was in midair? I think these are the most far fetched stories I have ever witnessed. They are certaintly good for a laugh though.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 08:07 AM
“It was a straight go route,” Evans said. “We were going with the wind. Quarterbacks always love to go with the wind, so he just kind of threw it up. He had his choice because Roscoe [Parrish] beat his guy deep on the other side. It seemed like it hung in the air forever, and I just tried to go up and make a play on it. It was just a matter of who wanted to make the play more.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/194723.html

Game, set, match.

JP was a human ball-launching machine on that play.

Evans turned a pick into a TD. Period.

http://shop.worldsportinggoods.com/images/Football%20Machine%20Gen11.jpg

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I saw JP make perfect deep throws in stride to Evans last year. THOSE were great passes. I am simply saying it was not the GREAT pass that the announcers made it out to be. Evans saved it for the TD....could have just as easily been picked. Personally, I could give a flying **** who you guys put at QB. My team sucks and as long as Beck gets put in there after the bye week, all is cool in my world. I am not knocking JP nor praising him.....I am not knocking Edwards nor praising him. Simply stating a pain and simple fact as I see it.

Lastly, not sure what watching every Bills game for the last 15 years has to do with anything. Last time I checked, JP has only been there 4 and Edwards is a rook.

I've watched Losman and Edwards both, every single game they played, that's my point. I just question your expertise on the Buffalo Bills seeing as how I've most likely watched more of their games than you in the past decade. It goes both ways, I'm sure you know way more about the phins than I do seeing as how I miss many of their games. Plus, you don't give a crap about who starts for Buffalo, I DO! I would not want Losman out on the field if I thought that Edwards gave us the better chance to win. First and foremost, I want to see Buffalo win. I don't care if Rob Johnson starts at QB as long as we win!

From what I saw, there was a defender over top of Lee and another that was behind Lee. Losman threw the pass inbetween both of the defenders and Evans broke through and grabbed it. I thought it was a perfect pass and I guarantee you that many of last years pro bowl QB's could not have made that throw.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
“It was a straight go route,” Evans said. “We were going with the wind. Quarterbacks always love to go with the wind, so he just kind of threw it up. He had his choice because Roscoe [Parrish] beat his guy deep on the other side. It seemed like it hung in the air forever, and I just tried to go up and make a play on it. It was just a matter of who wanted to make the play more.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/194723.html

Game, set, match.

JP was a human ball-launching machine on that play.

Evans turned a pick into a TD. Period.

http://shop.worldsportinggoods.com/images/Football%20Machine%20Gen11.jpgI'll take that over 1 TD and 5 INT's ANYDAY.