PDA

View Full Version : Edwards = Feet Of Stone

Night Train
10-28-2007, 06:34 PM
He's Bledsoesque in his footwork.

Anyone notice the second Losman came in, Revis stopped blitzing off the corner ? Revis was probably thankfull, since he was probably worn out hitting the stationary Edwards.

If Losman isn't the future, so be it. I understand the concerns with him.

But anyone touting Edwards as the next big thing is kidding themselves. This guy can't move and the injury was no surprise. It's all over his college resume.

Cleveland may be forced to start Brady Quinn, after wasting $$ and draft picks on him. I'll take Derek Anderson over Edwards any day.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 06:36 PM
I agree man. You're going to take alot of **** for saying what you said but your telling it like it is.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I disagree. He avoided more than one sack and does rollouts. He's no Bledsoe.

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 06:38 PM
He's Bledsoesque in his footwork.

Anyone notice the second Losman cam in, Revis stopped blitzing off the corner ? Revis was probably thankfull, since he was probably worn out hitting the stationary Edwards.

If Losman isn't the future, so be it. I understand the concerns with him.

But anyone touting Edwards as the next big thing is kidding themselves. This guy can't move and the injury was no surprise. It's all over his college resume.

Cleveland may be forced to start Brady Quinn, after wasting $$ and draft picks on him. I'll take Derek Anderson over Edwards any day.

4 games.

Night Train
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I agree man. You're going to take alot of **** for saying what you said but your telling it like it is.

I still root for the team and support whoever is QB at the moment but Edwards needs to change his game or he'll get killed before he does anything in the NFL.

He seemed oblivious to the corner blitz even after getting drilled a dozen times. QB's lacking mobility are going the way of the Dodo.

scott51
10-28-2007, 06:42 PM
How in the world can anyone say that Trent is or isn't the future? The kid has started 4 games! Frankly, I am impressed with how he handles himself on the field and I believe he will continue to get better!

Philagape
10-28-2007, 06:44 PM
He seemed oblivious to the corner blitz even after getting drilled a dozen times. QB's lacking mobility are going the way of the Dodo.

No he didn't. He kept throwing it to the hot route where the blitzer was.

Akhippo
10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I just want to know, where was he suppose to go. Take the snap and immediately start running to his right. Each and every down, since thats how many times they blitzed. Also, i didnt see a running lane for him to take off for.

If hes suppose to call protections, then i put blame on him. First and foremost, i blame the coaches. Roll him out. Draw to that side. Quick out. Something.

I give TE 25% of the blame.

Michael82
10-28-2007, 06:57 PM
What people really should be *****ing about with Edwards is his ugly interceptions that he throws each game. 5 for the year now, in 5 games. And they are always ugly ones that shouldn't be thrown. :ill:

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:00 PM
How in the world can anyone say that Trent is or isn't the future? The kid has started 4 games! Frankly, I am impressed with how he handles himself on the field and I believe he will continue to get better!

No one said he is a bust. I for one think that Trent can be an exceptional QB in this league despite his stone feet.

Akhippo
10-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I can handle those this year. Rookies dont see everything clearly. The pick he threw, the Jets had nobody on the line. How do you key off of that. 5 guys are getting 5 yards headstarts at you. He thought he had the single on the right when it was really on his left.

I want him to take more control if hes back in there. Dictate more.

historypete
I think Edwards moves well in the pocket, but not nearly as well as JP. I don't think he is Beldsoesque. The main problem today was blitz pickup. How many tmes did they send Revis off the corner??? He had a good 3 or 4 free shots at Edwards.

This comes down to coaching I think. Fairchild must make them pay for corner blitizing by calling quick slants for the slot recievers. The recievers must also read the coverage and adjust their routes.

Philagape
Better to have stone feet (which he doesn't) than a stone head.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:05 PM
People always favor the incumbent versus the veteran in Buffalo, it seems. Let's face it, if you want to compare Losman to Edwards than you must admit that Losman's ability to scramble is far superior to that of Trent's.

Mitchy moo
10-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Blown protection caused a majority of the sacks, it's a work in progress.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm not worried about Trents scrambling ability than I am about his durability. He was injured often in college. Granted he was part of a crappy stanford, so was JP at tulane.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm not worried about Trents scrambling ability than I am about his durability. He was injured often in college. Granted he was part of a crappy stanford, so was JP at tulane.

I gotta disagree with ya here. Trent is good for a rookie but his ability to scramble leaves me worriesome.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 07:15 PM
I gotta disagree with ya here. Trent is good for a rookie but his ability to scramble leaves me worriesome.
Trent is no slower than Brady.

lordofgun
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Exactly what I was going to post! :bf1:

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:36 PM

Trent is not Brady, big difference. Brady is in a whole different echeleon along with Manning, let's make that clear.

Let me also point out that we are comparing Losman to Edwards and not Edwards to Brady.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Trent is not Brady, big difference. Brady is in a whole different echeleon along with Manning, let's make that clear.

Let me also point out that we are comparing Losman to Edwards and not Edwards to Brady.

The thread started out comparing Edwards to Bledsoe.

scott51
10-28-2007, 07:40 PM
No one said he is a bust. I for one think that Trent can be an exceptional QB in this league despite his stone feet.

I didn't say someone called him a bust, but if you read the original post, the comment was:

But anyone touting Edwards as the next big thing is kidding themselves.

I don't think you can tell yet whether or not he's the next big thing

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-28-2007, 07:44 PM
does anyone here know that Brady is a freaking statue as well and payton can barely outrun his mother.
pocket passers with pocket presence are the winning combination and even though trent got blitzed alot, he managed to get rid of the ball just before getting hit... did not conect alot, but he was aware it was coming and stood in and took the hit to make the play.
Brady and Manning would do the same if their O-lines were a awful as ours