PDA

View Full Version : Well, do I want to get stabbed or shot? Let the QB contoversy begin.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Even when we win it's a pain in the butt.

Evans was just on Sirrius saying "that's why JP should be the starter."

Maybe we could run a 2 QB set with Lynch taking the snaps.

Michael82
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
If anyone doesn't believe that the locker room is already fractured, they are fooling themselves. No matter what DICK does this week, there are going to be a bunch of pissed off players. I'm betting that he's going to use the injury as an excuse to start Losman and give him another shot at his job this week. :::

patmoran2006
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Evans was quoted as saying that?

if so, he's starting to show some true colors and demonstrate what a "me-first" type of ******* he's quickly becoming.

For the 8th time in two weeks, shut the **** up and just play the game.

Yasgur's Farm
10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Evans didn't say that... He did say on multiple occasions during the interview that it's no secret how he feels. Apparently there are quite a few Bills players with the same sentiment... If you wanna believe ESPN!!!

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
If anyone doesn't believe that the locker room is already fractured, they are fooling themselves. No matter what DICK does this week, there are going to be a bunch of pissed off players. I'm betting that he's going to use the injury as an excuse to start Losman and give him another shot at his job this week. :::

Totally agree. If I'm Jauron I'm telling Edwards that it's worse than it is. Let JP play and avoid the hassle.

Yasgur's Farm
Is somebody gonna say how "unfair" it is?

HHURRICANE
Evans didn't say that... He did say on multiple occasions during the interview that it's no secret how he feels. Apparently there are quite a few Bills players with the same sentiment... If you wanna believe ESPN!!!

Yeah he did. Just heard it. Don't talk out your butt.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
When Evans made his original comments, he admitted the main reason was "principle" ... as in the incumbent is entitled and shouldn't lose his job to injury. And of course, they were drafted together and have hooked up for big-play TV highlight money plays. Evans is the least objective commentator on the planet over this issue.

Yasgur's Farm
10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I listened to the entire Evans interview and didn't hear that... Perhaps we'll all hear it again at BB.com.

YardRat
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
The most disappointing thing to me about this QB situation is that Evans is handling it more poorly than either TE or JP.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Haha! We owe Wade and MUlarkey an apology. This team is turning into a cluster****.

Sorry, didn't mean to laugh . I still love my bills but I kinda thought something like this doesn't surprise me. Now I know why Dick Jauron kinda got in trouble with DeAngelo in Chicago. This could turn into something ugly if not handled correctly. I already knew Dick screwed up with JP, let's see if he can fix this mess.

Philagape
10-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Maybe we could run a 2 QB set with Lynch taking the snaps.

We could do what the Jets did and make JP and Trent the wideouts with Reed the QB.

Or Miami with Marty Booker today :snicker:

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 07:04 PM
We could do what the Jets did

Or Miami with Marty Booker today :snicker:

my only consolation to this 2nd rebuilding season. :snicker:

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I listened to the entire Evans interview and didn't hear that... Perhaps we'll all hear it again at BB.com.

You listened to the Evans interview on Sirrius radio that was on at 7:15 PM?

Read my intial thread. Geez.

scott51
10-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I believe Evans would say something like that and think that he is the reason this locker-room is going to end up divided more than it is now. He needs to realize that there is more to the game bombing it down the field so you can pad your stats. Granted that is exciting but we have shown in earlier games that it gets you no where. And wasn't it JP who screwed up a couple big bombs earlier in the year? Not trying to dig up old bones, just showing that the deep ball is not everything!

Yasgur's Farm
10-30-2007, 11:38 AM
You listened to the Evans interview on Sirrius radio that was on at 7:15 PM?

Read my intial thread. Geez.Nope... listened to it on the radio during post game. I just listened to it again at bb.com... "that's why JP should be the starter" was never said. Nor was there anything that could remotely be paraphrased like that.

Perhaps it was a different interview altogether on Sirrius... Although I doubt it.

mybills
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I still love my bills
aww :bighug:

Mahdi
10-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Evans was quoted as saying that?

if so, he's starting to show some true colors and demonstrate what a "me-first" type of ******* he's quickly becoming.

For the 8th time in two weeks, shut the **** up and just play the game.
How does this make him "me First" He's sticking up for his team mate whom he believes gives them the best chance of winning. In all fairness, the plug was pulled pretty early on JP. He came off a pretty good season and then 2 games in he gets injured and loses his job. Of course Evans wont be happy about it and he's being hoenst and probably voicing the opinion of the team in general. Although Edwards looks like a bright kid and a good game manager im sorry but he just hasnt showed me something yet that says "wow thats special" Take Cutler for example, yeah he made some bone head plays last year but at the same time he came up with some amazing plays. Thats what a rookie does, they struggle but at the same time show you their talents in flashes. JP has done that. If Edwards is the starter ill support him but no one can deny that JP was jipped.

mybills
10-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Nope... listened to it on the radio during post game. I just listened to it again at bb.com... "that's why JP should be the starter" was never said. Nor was there anything that could remotely be paraphrased like that.

Perhaps it was a different interview altogether on Sirrius... Although I doubt it.
crickets

I like that he's honest. I like that he's not alone in that honesty. It's more than what we get from Jauron. I kinda hope he DID say it. :D

madness
10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Edwards gave us a few wins while picking up valuable experience and helped keep "first half" JP at bay. Now it's time to see if "second half" JP shows up. If not and he struggles big time, trade him in the offseason and move on.

ArcticWildMan
10-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Let JP start the next game or two so he can pad his stats and make him more marketable on the trade market. Right now JP doesn't have a lot of trade value due to his less than stellar numbers. It's pretty much a done deal that Edwards is our future QB, might as well manipulate the situation to our advantage and get as much for JP as we can.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:15 PM
What's best for the Bills, the fans, this mesage board is for JP Losman to be traded this off-season. Look what this guy has done to this franchise.