View Full Version : Evans is not a team player

Novacane
10-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Listening to his post game and someone asks him who will be starting next week. He says everyone knows where I stand on that but I don't make the call.

He then proceeded to brag on JP's game like he lit the world on fire today and while not saying it he leaves the impression he thinks Edwards is a bum. Way to throw one of your teamates under the bus *******. A team player woulda said they've both led us to wins and I'm cool with whoever starts. What a punk. I'm pissed

If the jerk was honest he'd admit both QB's have been average at best. Maybe his buddy JP would not have been benched if Lee had actually gotten open the first couple games of the year.

I'm at the point I don't care who starts anymore but if Evans is not giving it his all when Edwards starts I hope this jerk is gone after the season.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Listening to his post game and someone asks him who will be starting next week. He says everyone knows where I stand on that but I don't make the call.

He then proceeded to brag on JP's game like he lit the world on fire today and while not saying it he leaves the impression he thinks Edwards is a bum. Way to throw one of your teamates under the bus *******. A team player woulda said they've both led us to wins and I'm cool with whoever starts. What a punk. I'm pissed

If the jerk was honest he'd admit both QB's have been average at best. Maybe his buddy JP would not have been benched if Lee had actually gotten open the first couple games of the year.

I'm at the point I don't care who starts anymore but if Evans is not giving it his all when Edwards starts I hope this jerk is gone after the season.

Evans has turned into a first rate jerk fast. Very disappointing.

G Wolly
10-28-2007, 07:22 PM
That throw by JP was hardly anything more than good.

That play was all evans since it was nearly picked by two guys.

Devin
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Actually I think it was Revis fighting for the ball and the safety came across and took him out the play by accident lol.

At any rate dissapointing comments by Lee. Hopefully he doesnt let this affect his play.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I wonder if we will look back and say, "The players were right. The coaches were wrong". I mean it's not like it never happened before. Moulds and Co. vs. Malrakey/TD.

The difference is, moulds and co. were done. Lee and JP still have a lot of football ahead of them. I don't think they're worried if they get traded. Maybe they'll get traded to a team that's been to the playoffs in this decade and we'll still be rebuilding and preparing for next decade.

jamze132
10-28-2007, 07:28 PM
It's obvious who he wants to be the QB. Hell, if I went 6 games without a TD, I would want whoever through me my first of the season to be the QB too.

Let's not judge his comments quite yet. I was always raised to never make a decision on a high or a low. Let's see what his tone is a couple days from now before we start trashing our #1 receiver.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Evans is our BEST player, don't throw him under the bus. He is our leader on offense and I respect what he has to say about the QB situation. He knows more about what is going on than you or me.

Novacane
10-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I wonder if we will look back and say, "The players were right. The coaches were wrong". I mean it's not like it never happened before. Moulds and Co. vs. Malrakey/TD.

The difference is, moulds and co. were done. Lee and JP still have a lot of football ahead of them. I don't think they're worried if they get traded. Maybe they'll get traded to a team that's been to the playoffs in this decade and we'll still be rebuilding and preparing for next decade.

He can praise Losmans game without taking sides publicly.

Novacane
10-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Evans is our BEST player, don't throw him under the bus. He is our leader on offense and I respect what he has to say about the QB situation. He knows more about what is going on than you or me.

Made his first big play of the season today. Took him 7 + games. If you call that a leader you're nuts

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Evans and JP are both history.

JP will be traded or cut this off-season and Lee will hold out for a new contract next year.

It's obvious that Lee doesn't want to be with Buffalo.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Made his first big play of the season today. Took him 7 + games. If you call that a leader you're nuts

Rookie QB.

Inconsistent OL.

Horrible playcalling.

Yet you are right, it's all Evans fault.

Crisis
Lee was my favorite player, it sucks to see him turning into every other WR in the NFL.

I liked him better when he shut up and performed.

JJamezz
Let's not judge his comments quite yet. I was always raised to never make a decision on a high or a low. Let's see what his tone is a couple days from now before we start trashing our #1 receiver.

This isn't the first time.. If you feel like going back and listening to his show from last week, somewhere in there Evans said that he could have put a little more effort into the play where Edwards got picked..

Players are human, they're going to have their preferences, friendships, etc., but there is NO EXCUSE for those things affecting how hard you play.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
LOL!!!

People are trashing Evans despite the fact that he is the only player on offense making plays!

Ok, get rid of Evans. You will get what you deserve when we end up like Miami next year.

Tatonka
10-28-2007, 07:43 PM
evans is honest.

and right.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 07:46 PM
People are trashing Evans despite the fact that he is the only player on offense making plays!

1 play in 7 games? Damn, give the guy the 60-70 million dollar contract extension he will be seeking this off season.

Mitchy moo
The pass wasnt amazing and lee got a break when the defender's collided. I think that he should just take all the passes he can get and let the coaches do their thing.

mackey789
Good for him, too bad he can't be our coach! JP needs to start and continue starting. End of story.

YardRat
10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Marv's been down this road before, and it doesn't end up good for the players. If Evans proves to be a devisive factor in this, he'll be gone.

It's worked out for the best before, and it will again.

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 07:50 PM

I can see Marv trading this assclown if he doesn't stfu soon. He won't tolerate locker room BS. Since he is a TD draft, I don't think Marv will lose any sleep over trading him either.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 07:53 PM
It's worked out for the best before, and it will again.
two sides to a coin. It may have worked before but it can also fail.

Dang I'm starting to sound like OP. :ill:

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Evans and JP are both history.

JP will be traded or cut this off-season and Lee will hold out for a new contract next year.

It's obvious that Lee doesn't want to be with Buffalo.

..and Marv will be only too happy to accomodate both of them.

SyraBillsLican
10-28-2007, 07:59 PM
HEY!

Lee Evans is a saint. God forbid he wants the quarterback in there who he's forged a relationship with for 4 years and who can get him the ball consistently when he is doing what he does best.

Just because you want Edwards in doesn't mean that anyone who wants Losman in in a jerk. Losman is the better option for Evans and the team. Don't attack him personally because he can see that.

jamze132
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
This isn't the first time.. If you feel like going back and listening to his show from last week, somewhere in there Evans said that he could have put a little more effort into the play where Edwards got picked..

Players are human, they're going to have their preferences, friendships, etc., but there is NO EXCUSE for those things affecting how hard you play.
I agree but everyone in the NFL knows that he is a playmaker when given the chance. He knows, it the Bills know it, and you know it. He has had great chemistry with JP since they came into the league together so obviously he is going to have a preference. If he didn't have a preference, I would probably be a little more disturbed. At least you know he is defending his boy and not just going out there to make a payday.

JerseyBoofaloBills
10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
you can't be serious bro, you honestly want us to get rid of our best WR because he trashed a QB? who cares, im sure he's frustrated, edwards cant get the ball to him..we get rid of evans, and our number 1 wideout is reed, or a rookie..but you're right, we'll be better without him right? then next season you'll complain about how lynch is mad, because he'll get all the focus on D..cmon dude, Evans is our biggest play maker..you cant get rid of him, thats just insane.

Novacane
10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Rookie QB.

Inconsistent OL.

Horrible playcalling.

Yet you are right, it's all Evans fault.

Evans had better games with that rookie than with JP until today.

Our OL had been good all year. Don't know where you got that. Must be in the habit of saying the OL sucks since it has for years

Agree our play calling sucks.

Evans is not a leader unless it's in a negative way. This team has no offensive leaders. Thats why we blow on offense

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM

Are you saying JP wouldn't have had a good game with Lee against the jets 1st game or any other game when Trent was the qb? I mean in case you missed it, Jp has connected with Eans int he past. Several times more than Trent ever has. Today was an example.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Our OL had been good all year. Don't know where you got that. Must be in the habit of saying the OL sucks since it has for years

Evans is not a leader unless it's in a negative way. This team has no offensive leaders. Thats why we blow on offense

O rly? Is that why Evans only has 1 TD pass on the year, which was thrown by Losman?

Really? Marshawn is really lighting things up with his 3 ypc average. Plus, did you not see how many times Edwards got sacked/hurried today????

:check:

I disagree. It's up to our coaches to put our players in the best possible chance to make plays and so far on the offensive side of the football, they have not done that.

Novacane
10-28-2007, 08:15 PM
HEY!

Lee Evans is a saint. God forbid he wants the quarterback in there who he's forged a relationship with for 4 years and who can get him the ball consistently when he is doing what he does best.

Just because you want Edwards in doesn't mean that anyone who wants Losman in in a jerk. Losman is the better option for Evans and the team. Don't attack him personally because he can see that.

:lmao: You can't read can you. He's a jerk for throwing one QB under the bus to the media not for wanting Losman. Pretty stupid of him to. If Edwards does remain the starter he's human . Why would he want to throw to a guy who publicly campaigns for the other guy. Lets hope he's a bigger man than Lee and puts his personal feelings aside for the good of the Bills if he is the starter next week.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 08:15 PM

The 6 Rec. for 126 yards, 1 TD, Lee and JP have connected for this year is impressive.

Reggie Wayne all by himself had 7 Rec, 168 yards and 1 TD just today.

bills_7
10-28-2007, 08:19 PM
some of u guys are sooo gay(as in happy.....) JP and evans are amazing.. Edwards is avg,, im soo happy for JP and evans is the man class act.. way to stand up for JP,, he got screwed.. and today he got revenge

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:21 PM
YOu know what screw Lee , let's build a team around Trent instead . Let's trade him for a draft pick . Hopefully we can draft a wr in the first rd and hope he ends up being as good as Lee. Let's get rid of a proven player for one that has potential.

Novacane
10-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Are you saying JP wouldn't have had a good game with Lee against the jets 1st game or any other game when Trent was the qb? I mean in case you missed it, Jp has connected with Eans int he past. Several times more than Trent ever has. Today was an example.

No. I was just responding to the poster making the "rookie QB" excuse for Evans. I was comparing this year. Evans was invisible the first 2 games when he had his choice at QB.

JerseyBoofaloBills
10-28-2007, 08:23 PM
yo novacan, im sure you know everything lee is thinking right? Have you ever though that Maybe..JUST maybe, that lee evans is looking out for the team and sees that Losman is the best choice for this team to win ball games? just curious.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
YOu know what screw Lee , let's build a team around Trent instead . Let's trade him for a draft pick . Hopefully we can draft a wr in the first rd and hope he ends up being as good as Lee. Let's get rid of a proven player for one that has potential.

Lee has been anything but good this year. 1 play does not make a season.

Nighthawk
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Honestly, it does look like Evans tries a bit harder on bad throws from JP than he does on bad throws from TE. I can recall 2 interceptions that TE threw that if Evans would have tried a little then he could have broken them up. The first was the bomb in the endzone, where he didn't even try to go for the ball and the other was last week against the Ravens when it looked like he quit on a route. I personally don't care who is the QB, as long as we win, but Evans is becoming a loser.

Novacane
10-28-2007, 08:25 PM

He keeps mouthing off and Marv will dump him. You know it as well as I do.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 08:25 PM
yo novacan, im sure you know everything lee is thinking right? Have you ever though that Maybe..JUST maybe, that lee evans is looking out for the team and sees that Losman is the best choice for this team to win ball games? just curious.

8-19.

The only thing Lee is looking out for is his next contract.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
No. I was just responding to the poster making the "rookie QB" excuse for Evans. I was comparing this year. Evans was invisible the first 2 games when he had his choice at QB.
Did you notice how bad our Ol was today? It was worse in the first 2 games and we played Denver and Pitts. It was JP's first time to play with the new OL. You didn't think we'd start where we left off last year did you?

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:28 PM
He keeps mouthing off and Marv will dump him. You know it as well as I do.
Oh, I already think he has one foot out the door. Marv will most likely let him go and we'll be rebuilding again in MArv's 3rd year.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 08:28 PM
It was JP's first time to play with the new OL. You didn't think we'd start where we left off last year did you?

He did start where he left off last year. And that is bad. (see Tenn/Balt. games)

JerseyBoofaloBills
10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
highly doubt it..im not going to argue because arent you a guy who wants edwards to start TD? idc who's QB as long as we win..i just dont know if we should start bashing evans just yet, i mean ya if he continues then it's bad...but as of right now, i dont feel like arguing, im just enjoying the win. =)

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
You guys are nuts. We are not going to get rid of Evans, holy crap. Some of you have no sense of loyalty whatsoever. JP and Lee won us the game yet some of you feel inclined to piss all over them, wow just wow.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 08:30 PM
He did start where he left off last year. And that is bad. (see Tenn/Balt. games)

JP didn't have the D from our last 4 games. He didn't have a D that bailed him out like they do Trent and JP in the first few games.

Novacane
10-28-2007, 08:30 PM

Nope don't know what he's thinking just what he says. Personally I'm guessing he's looking out for Lee Evans not the team.

We won more games this year with TE than JPL so the best choice to win games excuse holds no water.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM
JP didn't have the D from our last 4 games. He didn't have a D that bailed him out like they do Trent and JP in the first few games.

What does this have to do with the way JP ended last year and started this year? JP plays offense, not defense.

JerseyBoofaloBills
10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
not going to argue, i dont really have a fav. QB or think who's best to win a ball game for us, aslong whoever it is, keeps winning..as for Lee, ah let him say what he wants..he keeps it up, im sure they'll do nothing to him..

Owen DeBoard
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
The 6 Rec. for 126 yards, 1 TD, Lee and JP have connected for this year is impressive.

Reggie Wayne all by himself had 7 Rec, 168 yards and 1 TD just today.
Well I wonder why Reggie Wayne had 7 Rec, 168 yards and 1 TD he has the best qb in the league throwing to them.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 09:34 PM
What does this have to do with the way JP ended last year and started this year? JP plays offense, not defense.
the D didn't give him the ball back as much as they have given the ball to Edwards. keep up.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
the D didn't give him the ball back as much as they have given the ball to Edwards. keep up.

You keep up, we were talking about how JP ended last year and started this year. Which wasn't very good.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 09:48 PM
You keep up, we were talking about how JP ended last year and started this year. Which wasn't very good.
LIke I said, he didn't have the D that bails Edwards out. We could've had continuity with JP progress in Fairchilds system in the 2nd year. Did JP struggle in the first 2 games? Definitely. we played 2 great teams with a rookie Rb and new OL that struggled.

We instead opted to go use the season to start all over again and go with the new project.

Unfortunately the new project isn't doing too well either because it's the coaches, not the players.

acehole
10-28-2007, 09:50 PM

hahahaha.

Funny helps if sombody can throw to him over 3 yards ...ehh?

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 09:53 PM
LIke I said, he didn't have the D that bails Edwards out.

We awere talking about the way JP played the last 2 games this year and the first 2 games this year. We are not talking about the defense.

"We instead opted to go use the season to start all over again and go with the new project."

It's not like we had a choice. Did you forget JP was injuried and couldn't play?

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 09:56 PM
We awere talking about the way JP played the last 2 games this year and the first 2 games this year. We are not talking about the defense.

"We instead opted to go use the season to start all over again and go with the new project."

It's not like we had a choice. Did you forget JP was injuried and couldn't play?
of course you won't understand. Why should you? you'll say anything to discredit JP. Yeah JP lost to the pats and Trent won this one with 3 points. :roflmao:

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 09:59 PM
of course you won't understand. Why should you? you'll say anything to discredit JP. Yeah JP lost to the pats and Trent won this one with 3 points. :roflmao:

Nice response. Had nothing to do with orginal post. Funny how you change the subject. Oh well.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Nice response. Had nothing to do with orginal post. Funny how you change the subject. Oh well.
JP didn't have a D that bailed Flutie out several times. I'm sure you'll understand this. :snicker:

acehole
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Nope don't know what he's thinking just what he says. Personally I'm guessing he's looking out for Lee Evans not the team.

We won more games this year with TE than JPL so the best choice to win games excuse holds no water.

hahaha insane! one td for ever 5 INt's...not going to cut it in N F L.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM

Neither will 8-19.

The Bills got rid of Robosack when he had a better record, 8-16.

Tatonka
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM
you can't be serious bro, you honestly want us to get rid of our best WR because he trashed a QB? who cares, im sure he's frustrated, edwards cant get the ball to him..we get rid of evans, and our number 1 wideout is reed, or a rookie..but you're right, we'll be better without him right? then next season you'll complain about how lynch is mad, because he'll get all the focus on D..cmon dude, Evans is our biggest play maker..you cant get rid of him, thats just insane.

i couldnt have said it better.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM

I'm sure we can build something around that. We'll need a top wr in next years draft. . Lee is gone next year so we'll have to draft his replacement. Wait, might as well draft Reeds and Parrishs replacements because by the time Lee's replacements develops, Reed and Parrish contracts might be up. I hope Moorman can still kick in 2010.

acehole
10-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Evans had better games with that rookie than with JP until today.<<<
Not only are you high on EDWARDS ....YOU ARE JUST HIGH.

acehole
10-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Neither will 8-19.

The Bills got rid of Robosack when he had a better record, 8-16.

wHY DO YOU BLAME Jp for all those 8 loses and not credit him with todays win?

Tatonka
10-28-2007, 10:41 PM
if anyone says they think the bills would have won today had edwards not got hurt, your full of ****.

mybills
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
The title of this thread is absolutely ridiculous.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2007, 10:48 PM
if anyone says they think the bills would have won today had edwards not got hurt, your full of ****.

Perhaps 6-3. How's that full of ****?

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 10:49 PM
wHY DO YOU BLAME Jp for all those 8 loses and not credit him with todays win?

TDummy blames JP for the 4 sb losses. Don't you get it yet?

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 10:50 PM
the D would've won it for us like they did against the ravens and almost did against the cowboys.

The D was the one who kept us in the game until Jp came in and the O actually scored for a change.

Tatonka
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Perhaps 6-3. How's that full of ****?

based on how inept the offense looked at the time that trent got hurt.. and how ****ty it looked really the whole game... i seriously doubt we would have won.. i dont know that we would have gotten anymore points.. the game just had the feel about it.. a 6-3 loss type feel.. the jets clearly werent ready for losman to come in and start slinging it.

and the coaches clearly didnt trust trent today.. based on the defense the jets were throwing at him and how bad he was struggling.. i mean they killed the clock with more than a minute left before halftime.. never even gave him a chance to move the ball.. didnt burn a timeout or anything.

edwards would have thrown another pick and we would have lost.

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM

Well. Edwards is 2-2 and JP is 1-2. I know that JP lost that game against the Patriots though and Edwards won the game today even though we scored 10 points in the quarter he was out of the game. :rolleyes:

Edwards was very bad once again today. There is no excuses for him. He crapped the bed against a very bad team and it took JP to come in and close it out for us.

Sure lets go get rid of Evans and Reed, Price and Parrish can be our WR's. That sounds like a great idea just because he knows who the better QB is. Lets get rid of Lee just because of poor Trent and then all of you guys can make excues went Edwards is even worse next year that he doesn't have any weapons around him.

Oaf
10-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Okay, just forget about that throw for a sec. Take the rest of JPs performance. Any untimely picks? Any avoidable sacks? Any scoring drives other than the TD pass?
Yep, that's what I thought. He played as solid as anyone could have hoped for coming off the bench.

Then remember how effective our O was on our hot streak last year, mainly JP to Evans, then ask yourself, why wouldn't Evans want to see that again? I mean, wow, what a jerkoff, right? :rolleyes:

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Yup. Evans is an azzhole for wanting to play well. And for those who says Evans isn't trying when Edwards plays that is a bunch of horse crap. You really think he's going to quit playing when he wants to be paid? I can't believe some would throw LEE under the bus for an average often injured QB.

Some are searching for anything to defend Trent right now. He hasn't been good for 4 games now and tanked against the Jets today. Oddly enough JP came in and produced and won the game for us. The reason is because Lee was trying now that JP was in the game.

Tatonka
10-29-2007, 12:13 AM
i just listened to the lee evans press confrence.

talk about overreacting.. jesus christ.. you guys have to be ****ing kidding me.

the first question they asked was "who's the qb?"

he said "i dont know.. i wish i could make that call. everyone knows how i feel about it.".

thats it..

he has NOT spoken poorly about edwards.. when directly asked about the situation, he has answered the question honestly.. he prefers his friend and veteran over the rookie..

based on stats, passer rating, lack of turnovers, his inclusion in the offense.. ect.. can you blame him for wanting the guy he wants? you guys act like it is impossible to believe that a guy who has been nothing but a team player on a **** box team for 3 years might actually truely believe the TEAM has a better chance to win with losman. instead, because he has been honest, a bunch of pole smokers are saying that lee just cares about lee.. he is just about the money.. lee just trying to get paid.. whatever.. all assumptions based on a few statements endorsing losman.

i mean you guys act like he is throwing trent under the bus.. that his total horse****. he is just being honest. he prefers jp and when asked, he is answering the question.

you guys act like it is fantasy football and you just cut or trade whoever.. the bills are not that stupid.. just becuase a guy is honest, and is endorsing his guy, does not mean that you just kick him to the curb.

he also clearly said that the decision is not his.. he has no control over who the qb is and he prefers not to think about it too much.

get over yourselves.

if you think having josh reed as your number one wr (i believe parrish is a FA after this season).. next to a rookie wr.. you guys are ****ing high and clearly would rather see the bills lose.. that is the only reason i could see you possibly wanting to drop the only good wr we have.

people really ought to be praying the bills keep evans happy and scoring.. the success of this team is critical to it staying in buffalo.. if the bills continue to blow, you wont have a home team to root for.

BillsFever21
10-29-2007, 12:26 AM
i just listened to the lee evans press confrence.

talk about overreacting.. jesus christ.. you guys have to be ****ing kidding me.

the first question they asked was "who's the qb?"

he said "i dont know.. i wish i could make that call. everyone knows how i feel about it.".

thats it..

he has NOT spoken poorly about edwards.. when directly asked about the situation, he has answered the question honestly.. he prefers his friend and veteran over the rookie..

based on stats, passer rating, lack of turnovers, his inclusion in the offense.. ect.. can you blame him for wanting the guy he wants? you guys act like it is impossible to believe that a guy who has been nothing but a team player on a **** box team for 3 years might actually truely believe the TEAM has a better chance to win with losman. instead, because he has been honest, a bunch of pole smokers are saying that lee just cares about lee.. he is just about the money.. lee just trying to get paid.. whatever.. all assumptions based on a few statements endorsing losman.

i mean you guys act like he is throwing trent under the bus.. that his total horse****. he is just being honest. he prefers jp and when asked, he is answering the question.

you guys act like it is fantasy football and you just cut or trade whoever.. the bills are not that stupid.. just becuase a guy is honest, and is endorsing his guy, does not mean that you just kick him to the curb.

he also clearly said that the decision is not his.. he has no control over who the qb is and he prefers not to think about it too much.

get over yourselves.

if you think having josh reed as your number one wr (i believe parrish is a FA after this season).. next to a rookie wr.. you guys are ****ing high and clearly would rather see the bills lose.. that is the only reason i could see you possibly wanting to drop the only good wr we have.

people really ought to be praying the bills keep evans happy and scoring.. the success of this team is critical to it staying in buffalo.. if the bills continue to blow, you wont have a home team to root for.

It really is unbelievable the way some of these guys are acting. They want to throw away our best player on offense who has been for four years just because he doesn't think that the average playing rookie that has been here for 7 weeks isn't as good as the QB Lee has been playing with for 4 years. Truly incredible.

Yeah, lets dump Lee and JP right now. That will really make our team good. But hey we have Trent. That is all we need.

Oaf
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
can you blame him for wanting the guy he wants?

Apparently.

matso
10-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Using the term "throwing under the bus" is a little overused it seems right now. Throwing under the bus is what T.O. did to McNabb in Philly. In no way did Lee say Losman is better than Edwards, and even if he thinks that, he knew better to keep it to himself. It's obvious he wants Losman, but in no way is this negative for a team which has almost been forced to choose sides due to this QB situation the coaches/execs have brought about.

I haven't been to this forum/posted in a few years, and while I would prefer Losman, I think Trent has a future, but just like most rookie QBs, he should learn from the sideline unless JP shows he is unworthy of manning the ship. I think he has a C on his jersey, JP does. If you don't respect my opinion due to my low post count, I understand cause forums work that way apparently.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2007, 02:56 AM
This thread makes me laugh.

Who cares which QB, Lee throws under the bus, he's a superstar. And we have crap at QB. How much some Bills fans over-value Lee Evans is laughable. Lee is a good WR yes, but elite talent he is not. Reading some people's opinion of Lee Evans I'd think he was Jerry Rice re-incarnate.

You do realize he had huge numbers for a couple seasons because?
a. JP didn't believe in spreading the ball around
b. He's the only legitimate viable option in our passing offense
c. both.

If you said C. you're right.

Here's some stats for a guy who isn't in the league anymore through his first four seasons. By the way, he's only 31 right now. The stats are very comparable.

66 catches 986 yards 8 TDs
57 catches 669 yards 0 TDs - down year much like what this year is looking like for Evans
84 catches 1097 yards 9 TDs
67 catches 703 yards 4 TDs

I'm sure no one will know who this is by the stat line but that's the point I'm making. Average to Good receivers can put up the type of production we're getting out of Lee Evans when there is no other viable option. So he's a lot more expendable than you think, especially if we do pick up a receiver who is actually as good as most of you think Evans is.

BillsFever21
10-29-2007, 03:08 AM
This thread makes me laugh.

Who cares which QB, Lee throws under the bus, he's a superstar. And we have crap at QB. How much some Bills fans over-value Lee Evans is laughable. Lee is a good WR yes, but elite talent he is not. Reading some people's opinion of Lee Evans I'd think he was Jerry Rice re-incarnate.

You do realize he had huge numbers for a couple seasons because?
a. JP didn't believe in spreading the ball around
b. He's the only legitimate viable option in our passing offense
c. both.

If you said C. you're right.

Here's some stats for a guy who isn't in the league anymore through his first four seasons. By the way, he's only 31 right now. The stats are very comparable.

66 catches 986 yards 8 TDs
57 catches 669 yards 0 TDs - down year much like what this year is looking like for Evans
84 catches 1097 yards 9 TDs
67 catches 703 yards 4 TDs

I'm sure no one will know who this is by the stat line but that's the point I'm making. Average to Good receivers can put up the type of production we're getting out of Lee Evans when there is no other viable option. So he's a lot more expendable than you think, especially if we do pick up a receiver who is actually as good as most of you think Evans is.

With that logic I guess you can say that with just about every WR then after a few years. No Evans is not Jerry Rice but he is a damn good player and a playmaker that every team would like to have. He was great last year and was making plays before last year. This is with Josh Reed opposite you and Trent Edwards throwing the ball for 5 weeks. If Evans could play TE, FB and RB and catch the ball close to the LOS every play he would have 10 catches a game.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2007, 03:16 AM
With that logic I guess you can say that with just about every WR then after a few years. No Evans is not Jerry Rice but he is a damn good player and a playmaker that every team would like to have. He was great last year and was making plays before last year. This is with Josh Reed opposite you and Trent Edwards throwing the ball for 5 weeks. If Evans could play TE, FB and RB and catch the ball close to the LOS every play he would have 10 catches a game.

Want to know who played opposite the receiver's stats I quoted there was in the examples rookie campaign of 66 catches and 986 yards? Darrin Chiaverini. Who caught 44 balls as a rookie. How did he follow that up for a career? With a grand total of 18 more receptions in his career and then was done.

You made my point for me without realizing it though. When you're the only option you're going to put up numbers by default.

BillsFever21
10-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Want to know who played opposite the receiver's stats I quoted there was in the examples rookie campaign of 66 catches and 986 yards? Darrin Chiaverini. Who caught 44 balls as a rookie. How did he follow that up for a career? With a grand total of 18 more receptions in his career and then was done.

You made my point for me without realizing it though. When you're the only option you're going to put up numbers by default.

By looking at them numbers a lot of catches were for short yardage because his average looks a little low. Unlike Evans who made big plays.

You really do sound like a fool. Basically saying Evans will be out of the league here in a couple more years. Why? Because he doesn't like Trent Edwards. Talk about a man crush you must have on him.

There are many WR's you could say the same thing about. For every one like that there are 100 more that do play at a high level for years and years.

So I want to get this straight since you said I made your point and you are comparing him to this guy. If this is the case then you must feel after his contract is up in Buffalo he will never play again because he isn't very good and the rest of the NFL teams know it too? Hmm. Or maybe he will last a year or two before that team catches up with him too. LOL.

We should save this thread and when Lee is still playing 7 more years from now we can still laugh at it. If you are comparing him to this guy who only lasted four years then that means Evans will be done in a couple more years.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2007, 03:33 AM
By looking at them numbers a lot of catches were for short yardage because his average looks a little low. Unlike Evans who made big plays.

You really do sound like a fool. Basically saying Evans will be out of the league here in a couple more years. Why? Because he doesn't like Trent Edwards. Talk about a man crush you must have on him.

There are many WR's you could say the same thing about. For every one like that there are 100 more that do play at a high level for years and years.

So I want to get this straight since you said I made your point and you are comparing him to this guy. If this is the case then you must feel after his contract is up in Buffalo he will never play again because he isn't very good and the rest of the NFL teams know it too? Hmm. Or maybe he will last a year or two before that team catches up with him too. LOL.

We should save this thread and when Lee is still playing 7 more years from now we can still laugh at it. If you are comparing him to this guy who only lasted four years then that means Evans will be done in a couple more years.

No, I'm not saying he (Evans) is gonna be out of the league. I'm just illustrating how some people over value him as a player by using an example. That was my point...He's an average to good WR in an offense that has no other option, hence why he puts up big numbers.

I can come up with plenty of other examples to illustrate my point on moderately good WRs who play well because they're the only legitimate option.

However I won't becayse I feel as if I would be wasting my time, seeing you'll just misconstrue it into me saying something I'm not.

acehole
10-29-2007, 09:23 AM
I think it is impossible to overvalue one of your best player on the team. Especially since he caught the game winner on Sunday. Nobody said he was J Rice. He is above average player at his postion in this league. This is not really up for debate. With fans like you what FA would want to come here? He commands a double team and if we could get sombody worth a dame opposite him he would even be better. What he says..whatever he says has some merrit. Why you are upset is that those things he says dont conform to your ideas at qb. So whats your answer? It is the BUS for you!

No, I'm not saying he (Evans) is gonna be out of the league. I'm just illustrating how some people over value him as a player by using an example. That was my point...He's an average to good WR in an offense that has no other option, hence why he puts up big numbers.

I can come up with plenty of other examples to illustrate my point on moderately good WRs who play well because they're the only legitimate option.

However I won't becayse I feel as if I would be wasting my time, seeing you'll just misconstrue it into me saying something I'm not.

ddaryl
10-29-2007, 09:25 AM
God this board is a huge friggin joke.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 09:31 AM
God this board is a huge friggin joke.

The JPF is turning it that way.