PDA

View Full Version : We need to keep JP on the roster if possible

Mitchy moo
10-28-2007, 07:21 PM
It's obvious that regardless of the current situation at QB, having a QB like JP as a backup will only improve this team. I really hope he stays on board and decides that making a great living in Buffalo (the city that he loves) will only lead to a longtime win / win situation.

scott51
10-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Exactly! He did exactly what a backup quarterback is supposed to do, he came in and kept the lead, built on it and brought home the win. When Trent is ready and healthy, JP needs to be back on the bench. I think an Edwards/Losman combo could be a dangerous pairing. IMO, if Edwards pans out and becomes our Franchise Quarterback, it could rival the Kelly/Reich years! I mean, Jim Kelly was our starter but when he went down we knew we could count on Frank Reich to come in and lead the team. Once Kelly was healthy, Frank went back to holding the clipboard.

Mitchy moo
10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Exactly! He did exactly what a backup quarterback is supposed to do, he came in and kept the lead, built on it and brought home the win. When Trent is ready and healthy, JP needs to be back on the bench. I think an Edwards/Losman combo could be a dangerous pairing. IMO, if Edwards pans out and becomes our Franchise Quarterback, it could rival the Kelly/Reich years! I mean, Jim Kelly was our starter but when he went down we knew we could count on Frank Reich to come in and lead the team. Once Kelly was healthy, Frank went back to holding the clipboard.

Having a talented backup that can come in at anytime just means more depth for our team.

Michael82
10-28-2007, 07:33 PM
kept the lead? Uhhh, no. He actually took the lead. The game was tied 3-3 before JP came in and drove the team down the short field for another field goal to take the 6-3 lead. Then he added to the lead with his long bomb to Lee Evans, which Lee made a GREAT play to get the ball, which you expect your good WRs to do. :up:

Mitchy moo
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
kept the lead? Uhhh, no. He actually took the lead. The game was tied 3-3 before JP came in and drove the team down the short field for another field goal to take the 6-3 lead. Then he added to the lead with his long bomb to Lee Evans, which Lee made a GREAT play to get the ball, which you expect your good WRs to do. :up:

He did a great Job Mikey, awesome work. I am very proud of JP and think this is a great showing of his talents.

scott51
10-28-2007, 07:43 PM

Okay, I DVR'd the game but haven't had a chance to watch it yet, so sorry 'bout that. Anyways, I still think that Edwards should be our starter and that Edwards/Losman would be a dangerous combo package!

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
hey Tatonka, is skoobs starting to swing again? After all the crap you said about him skoobs, this thead is pathetic.

NO. Jp gets traded. This will turn into a loacrroom problem.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2007, 07:47 PM
It's obvious that regardless of the current situation at QB, having a QB like JP as a backup will only improve this team. I really hope he stays on board and decides that making a great living in Buffalo (the city that he loves) will only lead to a longtime win / win situation.

You may have a point Skooby, if the NFL was like the MLB, JP would have 2 more wins in relief. He may be the Bills next Frank Reich.

Mitchy moo
10-28-2007, 07:52 PM
You may have a point Skooby, if the NFL was like the MLB, JP would have 2 more wins in relief. He may be the Bills next Frank Reich.

Making a retirement type wage per year and knowing you have a job versus moving around and hoping for the best is a big plus. JP is loved here in Buffalo and anything he does is appreciated by all of us Bills fans.

He know our system and can really be an asset here.