• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills playing tied and/or with the lead

Just looked up some stuff.. Here's a pretty interesting stat for everyone to see.

So far this year the Bills have either been tied or had the lead for 321 minutes (and 17 seconds).

Conversely, they've had to play from behind for only 98 minutes (and 43 seconds)

In our wins vs NY (twice) and Baltimore we never trailed. IN losses to Denver and Dallas we never trailed until the final horn.

Against Pittsburgh we never lead and only played tied for 8:01... Even in the disaster at NE, we spent almost a quarter of the game at least tied, 7:52 tied and actually spent 5:44 with a 7-3 lead.

The point I guess is LITERALLY, a couple of horrible coaching decisions and bad execution by a few guys on a couple of plays is the difference between this team being a playoff contender and having a losing record. We've been in the lead or tied for 74.6% of the game clock this year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Bills playing tied and/or with the lead

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    Just looked up some stuff.. Here's a pretty interesting stat for everyone to see.

So far this year the Bills have either been tied or had the lead for 321 minutes (and 17 seconds).

Conversely, they've had to play from behind for only 98 minutes (and 43 seconds)

In our wins vs NY (twice) and Baltimore we never trailed. IN losses to Denver and Dallas we never trailed until the final horn.

Against Pittsburgh we never lead and only played tied for 8:01... Even in the disaster at NE, we spent almost a quarter of the game at least tied, 7:52 tied and actually spent 5:44 with a 7-3 lead.

The point I guess is LITERALLY, a couple of horrible coaching decisions and bad execution by a few guys on a couple of plays is the difference between this team being a playoff contender and having a losing record. We've been in the lead or tied for 74.6% of the game clock this year.
    Thats a pretty interesting stat.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Don't remind me....
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• colin
        Drew's my hero!
        • Jul 2002

pat,

like your posts but think you are a bit hard on the coaches.

i don't like the OC, but other than that we have a pretty good staff IMO.

getting a team to play hard with what we have been through is a good result

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

What that means, especially if you look at our PF/PA for the season, is that we either get blown out or play the game tight (2 scores or less). It's amazing to think that we'd be 5-2 if you could take away the last 10 seconds of 2 of our games... amazing. At the same time, we are no where near the class of NE, Pit, Indy, etc. Making the playoffs this year would be a great moral victory, but our odds of winning more than a game would be slim to none. Bottom line... it's just good to see us winning football games again.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

That is impressive.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

I think it's all well and good, but if we want a team to actually go to the playoffs and be anything better than .500, we're going to have to do a lot more than just play conservative and hope our defense bails us out all the time against sub par opponents.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Factoring in the injuries and the offensive woes this team has played very respectable considering the bad calls during the game. This team is underrated and is starting to finish the job.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                  I think it's all well and good, but if we want a team to actually go to the playoffs and be anything better than .500, we're going to have to do a lot more than just play conservative and hope our defense bails us out all the time against sub par opponents.
                  they're playing with the talent (and injuries) they have...this team has a long way to go...TD left this team in more of a mess than we think.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                    pat,

like your posts but think you are a bit hard on the coaches.

i don't like the OC, but other than that we have a pretty good staff IMO.

getting a team to play hard with what we have been through is a good result
                    The Offensive Quality Control Coach (Van Pelt) needs to start showing Fairchild what bad patterns he is using and how to correct it.

From what I have heard from people who know front office Lester has been doing phenomenal work diagnosing opposing offenses and how to attack them.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      they're playing with the talent (and injuries) they have...this team has a long way to go...TD left this team in more of a mess than we think.
                      No, TD left us in a huge mess, sure.

but the current regime is taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back all the time.

Dockery...has he played up to his monster contract? Not really.
                      We had JP...now we regress to Edwards.
                      Triplett, Royal, Price, Bowen, Nall, (insert Free Agent here)...theyre allw astes of money at this point...

Marv has done some good things, but I think he's done more to hurt than to really help it. Fairchild has shown nothing, Jauron neither. I guarantee we wont do anything more than get a Wild Card and lose with Jauron.

Comment

Working...
                      X