• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills beat Jets- My quick hits

* I thought the defense was stellar again today. FAR and away the best game of the season for the front four. They held their own against the run and got pressure on Chad without having to do a lot of blitzing. Kyle Williams (sack) had his best game of the season by far and I thought Schobel was great.

* Crowell had a monster game and DiGorgio was all over the place making plays. I know this defense shouldn't be judged on playing weak offensive teams like NY and Baltimore; but anyone can see they are making big strides.

* I give a game ball to Terrence McGee. His int ended the game (great diving catch, he shut down Coles and had good coverage all over. Easily his best game of the year thank God, because I was really worrying about him (still do to be honest)

* On the other side of the field, Greer had an old school Nate Clements-style game where he nearly completely took away the other side of the field. He was rarely tested.

* Offensively, Josh Reed made a couple clutch catches; and Lynch ran VERY hard. Of his 80 yards he made a good third of them on his own dragging bodies and piles.

* As for Edwards, I thought he played "OK". He made some solid throws and a couple of terrible ones. THe interception was bad, though part of the blame lies on the pocket collapsing. I know (unfortunately) that 95% of the talk is going to be who should be starting next week, which sadly takes away from how superb this defense has been lately. To make it short and sweet, nothing has changed for me. Long-term, and undisputably at this point, Edwards is the head coach, front office and owner's choice to remain the starter, and I think he should as well.

* JP Losman. Showed some balls with a couple of deep throws. Ironically, the bomb that wasn't connected on (Parrish) was a great throw that Roscoe should've caught. The bomb that he did hit on (Evans)I thought was a poor throw that would've been knocked down or probably even intercepted had #27 for the Jets not nailed his own guy while he had his hands on the ball with Evans. If you ask me, I think the consensus of the PLAYERS is they want Losman starting, while the coaches want to tab Edwards.

* I thought the offensive line was brutal once again. Brad Butler is about to join Preston, Reyes, Villarrial, Gandy and god knows who else on the list of recent overmatched guards. He's simply not good right now. Fowler is weak and it showed again today. Count me in the minority, but I'm extremely unimpressed with Dockery right now, he looks "average" to me, and at $7 mill per year that shouldn't happen. Walker does good in spots but then dissappears for long stretches. I remember 2-3 running plays today where he ended up literally 5 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Lastly, I want to comment on the coaching. And I'm being dead serious with this. I thought the coaching and the playcalling absolutely SUCKED.

Everyone is high fiving and that's the way it goes when you connect on a bomb late and your team wins the game. I HATED the call. The Jets offense couldn't march down the field to save their life. And had #27 (which nobody is talking about) not knocked down Reevis when he and Evans both had the ball it likely ends up an interception. Could you IMAGINE the reaction had that pass been picked off and the Jets end up scoring a TD and winning the game 10-6? I thought the call was stupid. Barely over 3 minutes left and Lynch was wearing the defense out after three runs for a first down. That came dangerously close to handing yet another team a chance to beat us in the end.

Now I understand it goes both ways. We won the game so everyone's happy. But what about the BULL**** yet again near the end of the first half. 3rd and 11, from the 44-yard line and we run up the middle with 1:12 left in the half?? What a chicken **** move. IF you're going to start Edwards, show some damn confidence in him.

Overally, I'm very happy with today, though I dread the million JP vs Edwards threads to come this week, not to mention the WGR media circus on the radio (which plays automatically at my office so I have to listen from 8am-4:30 pm daily). The defense is stepping up and Fewel is showing a lot more diversity.

The offense is still stuck in a rut and I think will continue to be that way until
    1- Fairchild is gone
    2- the OL improves.. EIther with this unit or with some changes next year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bills beat Jets- My quick hits

ONe thing I forgot.

Jauron should FINE Lee Evans everytime he opens up his mouth to the media. SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Agree with just about everything you said except about Edwards being the long term answer.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

great post pat.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          * On the other side of the field, Greer had an old school Nate Clements-style game where he nearly completely took away the other side of the field. He was rarely tested.
          3 weeks in a row.
          www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Elam knocking Revis away from the ball is about the only play that anyone I watched the game talked about. Both teams played not to lose from the opening gun basically. Or so it seemed.

Thomas Jones ran well, then the Jets inexplicably went away from it. We might have seen Pennington's last game as the Jets starting QB today too.

All in all, it was a ho hum boring game that thankfully we came out on the right end of the scoreboard. Because in the end, that's all that matters.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Coaching and execution was embarrassing in the first half... but fairly decent in the second half... Fewell made some good adjustments from the Jets moving the ball on draws and dump-offs early in the game... Edwards looked okay, but teams are learning to blitz the crap out of him... Losman looked okay too, agree about the two long passes... Bottom line is both quarterbacks are about the same right now, I don't think we gain or lose much with having one or the other playing, but at least we know if one guy has to come in, he can move the team... we won, I'm happy.

'til next week...

Jon

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

The only issue I'll take with the post is calling out the coaches on the TD pass. Stretching the field with deep routes by the wide-outs is part of many plays called during the course of a game, and it's ultimately the QB's decision where the ball goes.

Fortunately the play ended on a positive, but once the ball is snapped the coordinator has no control over which receiver the QB is going to throw to.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• billsburgh
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  * I thought the defense was stellar again today. FAR and away the best game of the season for the front four. They held their own against the run and got pressure on Chad without having to do a lot of blitzing. Kyle Williams (sack) had his best game of the season by far and I thought Schobel was great.

* Crowell had a monster game and DiGorgio was all over the place making plays. I know this defense shouldn't be judged on playing weak offensive teams like NY and Baltimore; but anyone can see they are making big strides.
                  this is the only thing I disagree with. they did not hold their own against the run. Thomas Jones was running wild and averaging more than 5 yards per carry. whoever was calling the plays for the jests should be fired on the spot. they would have won if they gave the ball to jones more. Even Tasker was harping on this the whole game.

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Coaches did not say to throw the ball; maybe he was off from not playing or maybe he decided to force it to stretch the field. Plays usually go something like this "Evans goes long and if he is open he gets the ball if there is enough time to develop it otherwise Reed is your mid-range receiver and Parrish is your outlet receiver. TE will chip block and be available in emergency."

The throw to Evans and the throw last week which was intercepted look very much alike - plays the coaches told them not to throw but QB did it anyways.

Oh and the blitz the hell out of Bills game plan has been going on for years.

Good post otherwise.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                      Coaches did not say to throw the ball; maybe he was off from not playing or maybe he decided to force it to stretch the field.
                      Or maybe he forces it because he's pissed and wants to get his job back. Boy was he lucky it wasn't picked.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                        Coaching and execution was embarrassing in the first half... but fairly decent in the second half... Fewell made some good adjustments from the Jets moving the ball on draws and dump-offs early in the game... Edwards looked okay, but teams are learning to blitz the crap out of him... Losman looked okay too, agree about the two long passes... Bottom line is both quarterbacks are about the same right now, I don't think we gain or lose much with having one or the other playing, but at least we know if one guy has to come in, he can move the team... we won, I'm happy.

'til next week...

Jon
                        Sorry man, I forget to sign the rep. Great post.
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
                        X