PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who likes Dwayne Wright A LOT!?!?

BILLSROCK1212
10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Although 12 carries for 25 yards isnt very good i think he shows a lot of potential and can be a great change of pace back and i think in this great draft class he is just overlooked and hasnt gotten his chance yet

STAMPY
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
i liked what i saw. I'd like to see him get touches instead of A train

hydro
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah i certainly didn't miss A-train. When our rookies learn pass protection A-train will be expendable.

G. Host
10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
That is why Thomas is usually in there - he is much better at picking up blitz.

Considering Thomas was a game day scratch (no pun intended regarding his scratched cornea) Jets could have had a lot more time to plan more and more blitzes if they knew only three rookies RBs were in to pick up blitzes.

I think they ought to try to convert Wright into a FB and teach him more blocking and blitz pick up.

jamze132
10-28-2007, 10:05 PM

Considering Thomas was a game day scratch (no pun intended regarding his scratched cornea) Jets could have had a lot more time to plan more and more blitzes if they knew only three rookies RBs were in to pick up blitzes.

I think they ought to try to convert Wright into a FB and teach him more blocking and blitz pick up.
I agree. And with 2 backs in there, Lynch will have more opportunities to get involved in the passing game.

Luisito23
10-29-2007, 03:04 AM
I love Wright!...You can count on him for at least 4 yards each time he's given the ball....Rookie played really hard, mad props to him!....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Carlton Bailey
10-29-2007, 04:33 AM
More Wright, fewer toss sweeps to A-Train.

YardRat
10-29-2007, 05:08 AM
He's showing flashes at times, I just hope he can improve and help give the team the 'thunder and lightning' backfield some expected when both he and Lynch were snagged this spring.

B-DON
10-29-2007, 06:37 AM
I love Wright!...You can count on him for at least 4 yards each time he's given the ball....Rookie played really hard, mad props to him!....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

What? Ummm did you see the stats from the game? Not dissin him, but where are you getting your numbers.

mysticsoto
10-29-2007, 08:05 AM

I think the Jets blitzed quite alot as it was and it was already part of their game plan - and it worked decently well for them. Edwards was having all kinds of trouble (as might be expected).

I like Wright as the backup to Lynch. Yes, he's a rookie and may not be great at picking up blitzes - yet! But he's got nice power and is a great change of pace back when Lynch takes a breather. And having Fred Jackson backing them up makes me feel confident in our RB corps. If we pick up a decent, fast & tall 2nd WR next year, and Schouman continues to develop at TE, the offense should start looking pretty good. I think next year there should be more continuity in pretty much all the groups. We are literally one good DT and one good WR away from being a very good team...