PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the game.....

acehole
10-28-2007, 09:37 PM
1. First pregame warm ups,...it was funny JP and Edwards hung out the whole pregame. I guess they can't help what there dumbass coaches do and it was good to see ther seemed to be no problem between the two. One observation was they were doing this drill where they threw to each other and after ever pass JP stepped back 5 yards. After they got passed a certian yardage they both had catchers. One observation and I dont know if this means anything or not but JP's passes were more rainbows and Trents were more on ropes...until they got deeper and then trents passes seem to run out of gas and just drop at the catchers feet. JP's leg looked fine to me.

2. The jets (players) pre game looked very pumped...and the Bills looked very flat. I thought it would be a long day today...it was the opposite what a snoozer for while. Talking to a jets fan all game they seem to have a similar problem with there qb as they think pennington is not the problem...but he is not the soulution either...there were some fan who were calling for the other QB who has a stronger arm but is a cowboy and they dont like Penningtons noodle arm...funny the grass is always greener I guess. They all hated thier playcalling from the D or the O. They are misrible as fans and funny ass when they are drunk ragging on ther own team. I felt lucky to be a BIlls fans as atleast we dont have their troubles and the Miami fans are on suicide watch.

3. The game went as I had prediced it would 147 runs called and a dink or a dunk. The offense did move the ball for ten min but could not close the deal again in the redzone. What was telling for me was that 3 runs were called down there. So yea time of possesion great but what good is it when you come away with 3? They either did not trust TE arm down there in the wind as it doed not have the zip needed in that stadium (Very windy) or they saw what happen last time and learned it is better to come away with 3 then a possible INT.

4. Crowell, Degoirgio, K Williams all had good games and our D-coordinater seemed to call the right plays to give the Jets fits. I like our LB's and they really should try POZ on the outside next year.

5. Our offense was very predictable. I would call the plays presnap all game to the Jets fan next to me and sure enough they would be what I called and I had pretty crappy seats. Kodos to D Juron he did have these guys ready and got the best from that D. Steve Fairchild is an azz...and I hate him.

6. As you all know I thought JP got a raw deal and thought T Edwards was way over hyped. I am sorry you have to be blind not to see that is not the truth today. This was the Jets and he had a very hard time on even the short passes today. He looked lost and they play alot of eight man fronts and they were crowding the box. 5 int's and 1 x 3 yard TD pass will not cut it in this league. I seriously thought they pulled him for JP. The mood in that stadium changed when he went in. If you noticed they started to pull those saftey's back a bit...and that really made the difference in this game. That fact that JP was even in the area with the ball at that stadium with that wind from 85 yards comming off the bench was a feat. I was very happy for the bills and JP after that play. They were juiced! Nobody was happier then L Evans as I think he prefers that to running sprints all day. I really dont know why some would want our best player to pack his bags because he has not drunk the T Edwards kool aid. Are you Bills fans or T Edwards fans?

7. In the end I think they are just different player JP and TE. T Edwards better fits what they are trying to do. Fairchild was a running back coach and puts a premium on the run (Which is valid in buffalo). The pass is secondary in this offense....so T Edwards would be your man as it does not take much of a QB to hand off 35 times a game and pass for 100 yards. Funny thing happened on the way to the superbowl....when you are a one trick pony and your one trick is taken away what do you really have? I think as bad as the Jets were today they figued that out. It is all in that ...does the pass set up the run or the run set up the pass question. Say what you want but when JP came in those safties backed up and opened up options. I think the dink AND dunk can work to contol the clock.....but do you really want to.... with 3 piont lead on the board is the question?

8. In the end if you are a QB you have to put pionts on the board and I still feel as I did the last 3-4 weeks T Edwards cant do that that well.

9. We did alot of good today not only did we win..it is safe to say we put a nail in the Jets chances of a playoff birth as even if they are tie with us (9-7) we beat them twice. So scratch Miami and Jest off the AFC east list. We still have that pesky NE problem..that might take 2 more years to figure out.

10. Is it possible that the old man loves the 2 qb debate as it might be a conspiricy to sell more jerseys? Cheap @#$!.

Stay tuned next week this team is fun to watch once more......

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM
1. First pregame warm ups,...it was funny JP and Edwards hung out the whole pregame. I guess they can't help what there dumbass coaches do and it was good to see ther seemed to be no problem between the two. One observation was they were doing this drill where they threw to each other and after ever pass JP stepped back 5 yards. After they got passed a certian yardage they both had catchers. One observation and I dont know if this means anything or not but JP's passes were more rainbows and Trents were more on ropes...until they got deeper and then trents passes seem to run out of gas and just drop at the catchers feet. JP's leg looked fine to me.

that's the difference between throwing short and throwing deep. TE has a way better quick release while Jp has a deeper long ball.

I think thye both developed something different because they played with crappy teams in college. TE developed the quick release trying to get rid of the ball while JP scrambled in college if there was nothing deep.

raphael120
10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I don tcare what Fairchild wants to do, he wants to run the ball alot it seems and do these dink and dunks, but guess what, our run blocking is HORRID but our pass blocking is damn good, but when your not letting Edwards air it out, but then you have JP come in and throw 2 long bombs out of the 5 times he throws...and 1 works, and the whole game changes because it gives room for Lynch to run...ugh, the whole thing pisses me off. This isn't how it shouldve happened, the whole JP thing. We'll be second guessing this thing for a long time I think, especially if our offense continues to barely get anything done. If we wanted clock control, we shouldve kept Holcomb, he's almost winning games in Minnesota with a good RB.

More than anything thought, i dont understand the playcalling.

So you'll stretch the field at big risk with JP, but you won't with Edwards in there. Our playcalling is so damn conservative, how are you going to learn **** if you never try??? How are you going to get a good reporte with Evans if you never try it in live game situations. We'll try a long bomb to Evans against a top 5 defense in the Ravens, but we wont against the lowly Jets D.

I just dont get it.

acehole
10-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Well they do call passes (long) mabey they got tired of the picks? Is it possible you dont call an 85 yard bomb for a guy that cant throw 50 yarder?

Do you think it is possibly JP called that play?

Wow that would take up this board for 2 days!

Trent Edwards supporters look at this video for a min....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TAo78A46cE

I don tcare what Fairchild wants to do, he wants to run the ball alot it seems and do these dink and dunks, but guess what, our run blocking is HORRID but our pass blocking is damn good, but when your not letting Edwards air it out, but then you have JP come in and throw 2 long bombs out of the 5 times he throws...and 1 works, and the whole game changes because it gives room for Lynch to run...ugh, the whole thing pisses me off. This isn't how it shouldve happened, the whole JP thing. We'll be second guessing this thing for a long time I think, especially if our offense continues to barely get anything done. If we wanted clock control, we shouldve kept Holcomb, he's almost winning games in Minnesota with a good RB.

More than anything thought, i dont understand the playcalling.

So you'll stretch the field at big risk with JP, but you won't with Edwards in there. Our playcalling is so damn conservative, how are you going to learn **** if you never try??? How are you going to get a good reporte with Evans if you never try it in live game situations. We'll try a long bomb to Evans against a top 5 defense in the Ravens, but we wont against the lowly Jets D.

I just dont get it.

capitolneal
10-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Nice post

acehole
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Nice post
It was a stinker until JP got in there....

The only other thing had me going was that I have cotchery on my FF team.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
interesting. JP gets in there and our running game gains 47 yards on the ground with a 3.9 ypc. We may not have controlled the clock with the short game but the long ball made the jets D respect the deep ball thus opening up the run game for Lynch and Wright to do better? :idunno:

Na, can't be. I bet Trent is not even injured. This is all a product of Farichilds masterplan.

TheBrownBear
10-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Keep in mind that our qb's have many options on every play. I wouldn't necessarily assume that the coaches are calling for 3-8 yard passes on every play for TE and bombs for JP. It's the qb's decision to read what's there and take the best available option. I think TE feels more comfortable throwing that short ball and keeping the chains moving since he's a rookie and doesn't want to make a mistake. JP has more of a gunslinging mentality so he pushes the ball down the field even when he shouldn't.

The one thing I've seen with JP over the years is that he lacks accuracy and touch on those short throws, so it makes sense that he prefers to just go for the higher risk-higher reward downfield throws. Trent throws a very nice short->intermediate ball; we just don't really know yet what kind of arm he has on the long ball.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 11:04 PM
The one thing I've seen with JP over the years is that he lacks accuracy and touch on those short throws, so it makes sense that he prefers to just go for the higher risk-higher reward downfield throws. Trent throws a very nice short->intermediate ball; we just don't really know yet what kind of arm he has on the long ball.

JP didn't have a rpoblem throwing short today granted he didn't throw much.
This is what I've been saying all along. We don't know if he's improved his short game because he hasn't had the chance to with a decent OL.

TheBrownBear
10-28-2007, 11:10 PM
JP didn't have a rpoblem throwing short today granted he didn't throw much.
This is what I've been saying all along. We don't know if he's improved his short game because he hasn't had the chance to with a decent OL.

This is true. I liked what I saw from JP today and I'm not completely against seeing him as the starter against Cincinnatti. To be honest with you, I thought we'd be seeing a little bit better play from Trent Edwards the past three weeks. Yeah, I know he's a rookie but the argument made on his behalf is that he doesn't play like a rookie. But he's clearly looked like a rookie the last three weeks (which is fine since he is one) and it's starting to make me wonder if Losman isn't the better immediate option at this point. I just hope the coaches make a firm decision and stick with one guy or the other.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 11:16 PM
I thought we'd be seeing a little bit better play from Trent Edwards the past three weeks.
this is why I'm so surprised that everyone talks him up. He hasn't done anythng earth shattering to just put the season in his hands. I think the coaches were in love too soon with his potential. While Fairchild wanted to develop JP SLOWLY, he sure rushed with Trent.

TheBrownBear
10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
this is why I'm so surprised that everyone talks him up. He hasn't done anythng earth shattering to just put the season in his hands. I think the coaches were in love too soon with his potential. While Fairchild wanted to develop JP SLOWLY, he sure rushed with Trent.

Well, I thought JP looked pretty bad the first two weeks, and to be fair, Trent looked great in his first start against the Jets (I don't really pin that pick on him). Contrasting that performance versus JP's struggles, caused a lot of fans to react quickly and emotionally in favor of Trent over JP (myself included). Trent hasn't been terrible since then, but he hasn't been anywhere close to the guy we saw in week 4. I will go on record that imo JP would have played just as well and maybe better than Trent has the past three games.

I still really like Trent's potential and I don't have a problem with the Bills naming him their longterm qb. I'm just not entirely sure that he is really better than JP at this point. But I guess the argument is that JP isn't as far along as he should be 4 years into his career so why not just make the change now?

clumping platelets
10-28-2007, 11:25 PM
5. Our offense was very predictable. I would call the plays presnap all game to the Jets fan next to me and sure enough they would be what I called and I had pretty crappy seats. Kodos to D Juron he did have these guys ready and got the best from that D. Steve Fairchild is an azz...and I hate him.

:eb: and :clump: have been doing this for years at home games :brush:

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 12:19 AM
But I guess the argument is that JP isn't as far along as he should be 4 years into his career so why not just make the change now?

Bingo.

acehole
10-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Bingo.

So says you. J Petters and lee Evans are 8 and 19 also....should we replace them also?