PDA

View Full Version : How bad is the lower half of the NFL???

ratso
10-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I was really hoping like everyone that this year wouldnt be a disaster. I really really didnt want to be the worst team in the league.

Not only are we not the worst, we are not even close. The Jets are plain awful! After turning off the Bills, I witnessed the embarassment that is the 49ers. Oh my god are they even worse. I havent seen the Dolphins but one can only imagine how bad they are. The Ravens should be kicked out of the NFL for bringing the exact same team they bring every year. How we ever lost to the Broncos is still a mystery after watching that train wreck two weeks ago. Cutler couldnt beat Cleve Hill let alone the Patriots. Watching the Bears here every week I am trying to figure out how they got to the playoffs let alone the super bowl last year.

I am not saying we are even in the Pats or Colts league, but compared to everyone else, we are in good shape.

Ingtar33
10-28-2007, 11:50 PM
good point.

This week i saw some terrible football, the 49ers, Bears, Rams, Dolphins, the Giants were just as bad... i mean had the bills played like the giants today, we would have lost to the Jets. Cincinnati was appalling as well. I feel bad for anyone who had to watch that atrocity of a game between the Titans and the Raiders... both teams looked terrible.

As bad as the Bills are, 2/3s of the NFL is an absolute disgrace this year.

TheBrownBear
10-29-2007, 12:04 AM
We really aren't that bad of a team. We laid those back-to-back road stinkers at Pittsburgh and New England (who destroys good and bad teams alike), but otherwise we have been a good team. And we were really reeling with injuries (and the Everett hangover) in those two games. The best thing of all is that the majority of our players are really young and are only going to get better as time goes on. I'm not a big fan of Jauron so I'm not going to say that I am REALLY excited about our future...but I can easily see us as a playoff team over the next few seasons.

djjimkelly
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
good point.

This week i saw some terrible football, the 49ers, Bears, Rams, Dolphins, the Giants were just as bad... i mean had the bills played like the giants today, we would have lost to the Jets. Cincinnati was appalling as well. I feel bad for anyone who had to watch that atrocity of a game between the Titans and the Raiders... both teams looked terrible.

As bad as the Bills are, 2/3s of the NFL is an absolute disgrace this year.

i think its all a by product of seriously terrible coaching league wide

todays nfl is way to based on system and what coaches want to run.

instead it should be this is what our players skill sets are and play to that.

3-4 teams in league do that and thats why they win. the rest of the league like us have a bunch of chumps that somehow got into the good ol' boys club and somehow stay in league.

Night Train
10-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Good post.

I've never seen such a divison between the have and have nots. It seems the Pats-Colts game next Sunday is the real SB, since every other team looks to be several levels below them.

Everyone else is average to bad and very beatable from week to week.

Jeff1220
10-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Good post.

I've never seen such a divison between the have and have nots. It seems the Pats-Colts game next Sunday is the real SB, since every other team looks to be several levels below them.

Everyone else is average to bad and very beatable from week to week.

I think the Steelers could play with those guys too. The Chargers look like they might be coming back to life, but there's still the Norv factor. Other than those teams, the NFL is, well :sigh:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Why just select the bottom half of the NFL? The entire NFL is just bad. These games are rather boring and the parity that free agency was suppose to create has done nothing but blow up contracts of average players so teams can somehow try to keep up with the better teams in the league. Those teams trying to keep up have their cap space eaten up by those players and also the fact that they need to give huge signing bonuses and salaries to rookies drafted high. Teams that make a mistake with a top pick (aka Mike Williams) can have their cap space filled and not able to do anything about it. It takes years to dig your way out of that. We are also talking about a league that awards teams extra draft picks as compensation because the teams that are not as good, trying to get better by signing their players.

The NFL is really the No Fun League and if they ever decide to let the Bills move out of this area, they will be losing a really large fan base for their league.

don137
10-29-2007, 07:34 AM
I agree...The Panthers are in first place in their division yet and have been outscored by over 60 points at home this year in three games. Without bonehead coaching the Bills could be 5-2. Considering how inept the offense has been and how many injuries has plagued this team that is not saying much about the league.

Michael82
10-29-2007, 08:05 AM
After watching the games yesterday and seeing the highlights, I totally agree. This league sucks right now. You have 2 dominant teams, a few really good teams and the rest is mediocre crap. The coaching is horrible all throughout the league. I see coaches making dumb decisions every single game. Face it! Parity sucks! I also feel that the league is watered down. There is too many teams and not enough stars. So everyone has a few scrubs on their team, some are playing, that shouldn't even be in the league. :ill:

Then again, teams like the Bills and the Panthers are very much alive now because the rest of the league is doing just as bad or worse.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-29-2007, 08:16 AM
The worst part of it all is that it isn't even parity!

If it were truly parity, the Patriots would've been broken up years ago.

Michael82
10-29-2007, 02:07 PM
The worst part of it all is that it isn't even parity!

If it were truly parity, the Patriots would've been broken up years ago.
Good point! Either way something needs to be done. I watched games yesterday that made me fall asleep. The Bills/Jets game was a definite snoozer. So was the Dolphins/Giants game. The Patriots blowout was pretty boring too. :ill: This season has been ugly in the NFL, except for a few top teams! I don't know what is wrong, but there are a ton of really ****ty teams. The product doesn't impress me and I was watching Mike and the Mad Dog and they totally agree with me. They said that it straight out sucks. They actually point to the play of Quarterbacks in the NFL. There are a few really good QBs, and the rest are mediocre to horrible!

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Bills will stop the Pats from having a perfect season :smoke:

G. Host
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Part of this is due to the new contracts and the inflated money thrown to players signed and the resentment by those who were a year or two before them. Bills extended Aaron just to show that they will spend money on their players tpp/