PDA

View Full Version : now tell me something...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-28-2007, 10:36 PM
When the jets blitzed REPEATEDLY from the blind side... and I mean REPEATEDLY... why did we not shift the RB to that side to pick up the blitz?

Could it be cause dick is freaking stupid!!!?????

Ebenezer
10-28-2007, 11:12 PM
When the jets blitzed REPEATEDLY from the blind side... and I mean REPEATEDLY... why did we not shift the RB to that side to pick up the blitz?

so, if they put a RB on the otherside of the pocket would they just not bring the blitz from the other side?

TheBrownBear
10-28-2007, 11:16 PM

Perhaps. But that's also on Trent and the o-line to read that and make a change at the L-O-S.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Perhaps. But that's also on Trent and the o-line to read that and make a change at the L-O-S.
The thing is, the jets still suck and it's scary to think what better teams can do to him the more they have tape on him.

TheBrownBear
10-28-2007, 11:28 PM
The thing is, the jets still suck and it's scary to think what better teams can do to him the more they have tape on him.

Trent should get better with experience though, so hopefully he can keep up with what's being thrown at him. He didn't light the Ravens up, but he did look pretty poised against their stout defense. Regardless of how bad they suck, the Jets brought a lot of heat today and most young qbs would have struggled dealing with that.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Trent should get better with experience though, .Is he better since the 1st jets game?

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Trent looked real poised out there today. He absolutely stood in there and ripped the Jets a new a-hole. Wait it was the other way around.

TheBrownBear
10-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Is he better since the 1st jets game?

Performance/stat-wise the answer is no. But I don't doubt that he is learning and assimilating these experiences and actually growing as a qb. Now when this translates to improved on-field performance is anyone's guess. The first Jets game was a home game against a poor defense. Since then he's played two pretty good defenses and a road game in a very windy environment, so that could be playing a part as well. It's just too early to make any kind of complete assessment on Edwards' potential.

I know you really like Losman, and that's fine. But have you really seen anything in the past four years to make you believe he could be a qb that leads us to the Superbowl? I think that's why many fans have kind of given up on the guy. We expect more consistency from a 4th year player than we've seen.

Meathead
10-29-2007, 01:01 AM
the jets d did one thing today: blitzed

against one of the very worst ds in the league the savior led bills scored exactly three points

guess what every other non-jet team is going to do every time edwards is behind center

why in the world would you let the guy who can handle that blitz stand on the sideline

this is some crazy ass ***t goin on

jamze132
10-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Trent is a rookie adn will be treated as such by every defense in the league until he starts beating them over the top.

YardRat
10-29-2007, 05:28 AM
I'd have to watch the game again because in all honesty I never noticed where the TE was lined up on the blitz's, but to me he, not the RB, would've been the key to picking that up.

Keep the RB where he is to max protect the right side. If the TE is also lined up on the right, Trent needs to recognize the mis-match and slide him over to the left. If the TE is already lined up on the left, Royal needs to recognize the D, slide back into the offset position and wave the wide-out up to the line to cover the tackle. If Revis comes, he blocks or becomes the hot read by sitting down in the area vacated by the corner. If he doesn't, he goes through with his pattern or adjusts his pattern to become the outlet.

The trick to successfully beating a blitz is both the QB and the receivers need to read the same thing at the same time.

jmb1099
10-29-2007, 05:47 AM
edwards did finally address the blitz by throwing to the hot rout twice. once he did that they backed off. he's a rookie and will continue to make mistakes. Does he look better now than the first game? I think it depends on what you're looking at. He is poised that's for sure and for the most part makes smart plays. But he still lacks confidence in himself to go downfield, but that should develop over time. That being said, I thought Losman came in and did a great job. Had Parrish caught the one that hit him in the hands he would have been four for 5 and 2 tds. The pass to Evans was a great play by Evans, the pass to parrish was a thing of beauty on Losman's part. Credit where its due.

shelby
10-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Edwards was getting killed on the left side of the line. How adjustments weren't made is beyond me.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Trent looked real poised out there today. He absolutely stood in there and ripped the Jets a new a-hole. Wait it was the other way around.

He kept throwing the hot route to where the blitzer came from. JP would have taken five sacks.