PDA

View Full Version : This is why Trent should have never been named the starter

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 11:20 PM
I said 3 weeks ago that we haven't seen the last of JP Losman because history will prove itself again Edwards will get injured just like he did in almost half of his games in college. Sure enough the first time he takes some consistent shots in a game he comes off the field injured.

This isn't no isolated incident. He was always injured in college. He can't take hits for a prolonged period of time without getting injured. He is a mixture of Kelly Holcomb and Ron Johnson. He plays the game like Kelly Holcomb but is almost as fragile as Rob Johnson. He his Rob Holcomb.

Lets put our trust in a QB who has been nothing but average for 5 weeks but can't stay on the field long enough. Not even Tom Brady would be worth having around if he got injured every season.

Don't give me the crap that it was just unlucky. He has been unlucky about 4 time in 4.5 season(amount of times he has been knocked out of games since his freshman year). Them were the knocks on him coming out of college that he gets injured too much. History was right and he got injured once again today.

The only thing Jauron did by jumping the gun for an average playing QB is piss off Evans, Losman and other players on offense just for Edwards to get injured once again. Great call, Dick, or should I say Ralph.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-28-2007, 11:22 PM
He dinged his wrist for crying out loud. This is not a season-ending injury.

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
No it isn't a season ending injury but once again he leaves the field due to an injury. Just like all the time in college. It is another incident of his fragile body. Too bad some doesn't want to admit it though.

justasportsfan
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
the OL is still struggling. This is why I couldn't really blame JP for the first 2 games. I agree, we pulled the plug early on JP. Like i said I wanted to make sure if it's was Jp or if it was our coaches. So far Trent is getting worse now that teams have tape on him and Fairchild can't do a thing to help him succeed.

If this keeps up, we'll ruin another qb's career. Trent is injured against the jets D and not an aggressive dominating D. This time if we're gonna ruin Trent at least we're doing it in style . An expensive OL.

LtFinFan66
10-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Is there a link to this comment that he was injured in nearly HALF his college games:idunno:

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Is there a link to this comment that he was injured in HALF his college games:idunno:

ALMOST half of his college games. He played 30 games in FOUR years. He only completed one full season in his junior year. The rest of them the most he played in was 7 games. Out of roughly 50 games he only played in 30 of them and won 10 of them. He was also knocked out of some of them games and didn't even finish them.

His senior season he was 0-6 before getting knocked out of the 7th game of the season and never returning the rest of the season. He is a winner though. Even though he was 0-7 in his senior season while suffering ANOTHER extended injury.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Again. HE DINGED HIS WRIST. They put some ice on it. He'll be fine.

This is not an "extended injury."

TheBrownBear
10-28-2007, 11:48 PM
His senior season he was 0-6 before getting knocked out of the 7th game of the season and never returning the rest of the season. He is a winner though. Even though he was 0-7 in his senior season while suffering ANOTHER extended injury.

Oh, come on! If he was such a loser, as your sarcasm implies, then how has he possibly won two games as a rookie in the NFL? He was a loser in college because his team and coaches sucked. He was a big-time winner in HS and he's been a winner so far in the pros, so can we please drop the TE is a loser because he had a crappy college record already.

If you don't believe that TE should be the qb, then you should base your arguments on the merits: his record and statistics as an NFL quarterback.

BillsFever21
10-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Oh, come on! If he was such a loser, as your sarcasm implies, then how has he possibly won two games as a rookie in the NFL? He was a loser in college because his team and coaches sucked. He was a big-time winner in HS and he's been a winner so far in the pros, so can we please drop the TE is a loser because he had a crappy college record already.

If you don't believe that TE should be the qb, then you should base your arguments on the merits: his record and statistics as an NFL quarterback.

Ok, I'll base them on his NFL stats. 1 TD and 5 INT's. One win against the Jets at home and another one at home against a Ravens team that the defense played great in. If you think Edwards won them games without throwing a TD pass in 4 games while throwing an INT in every game.

Oaf
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm not condemning Edwards to any type of clone or injury prone player, but I still think JP should start.

Michael82
10-29-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm not condemning Edwards to any type of clone or injury prone player, but I still think JP should start.
Agreed!

Confused
10-29-2007, 05:48 AM
sit the kid go with the guy with the gunn.

I hate Ralph more and more each day.........

jmb1099
10-29-2007, 05:55 AM
You guys are getting silly now.
1) Edwards did not get hurt the first time he had some extended reps.
2) He was hurt in college because they had swiss cheese for a line and he was crushed on more plays than not.
3) Our oline is more problematic than we would like to admit.
4) Its time for McNally and fairchild to go.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 07:12 AM
I said 3 weeks ago that we haven't seen the last of JP Losman because history will prove itself again Edwards will get injured just like he did in almost half of his games in college.

This isn't no isolated incident. He was always injured in college. He can't take hits for a prolonged period of time without getting injured. He is a mixture of Kelly Holcomb and Ron Johnson. He plays the game like Kelly Holcomb but is almost as fragile as Rob Johnson. He his Rob Holcomb.

And history will prove Losman will get injuried again.

Injuried 1st season :check:
Injuried 2nd season :check:
Injuried 4th season :check:

This isn't no isolated incident. . He can't take hits for a prolonged period of time without getting injured. He is a mixture of Joey Harrington and Ron Johnson. He plays the game like Johnson but is almost as fragile as Rob Johnson. He is Joey Johnson

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 07:20 AM

He won 3 including the Jets game yesterday.

Michael82
10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
And history will prove Losman will get injuried again.

Injuried 1st season :check:
Injuried 2nd season :check:
Injuried 4th season :check:

This isn't no isolated incident. . He can't take hits for a prolonged period of time without getting injured. He is a mixture of Joey Harrington and Ron Johnson. He plays the game like Johnson but is almost as fragile as Rob Johnson. He is Joey Johnson
what you just said is the reason why the OL is the true problem. It sucks ass and gets all our Quarterbacks killed. Until that is fixed, they will keep going down. :mad:

Philagape
10-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Kinda ironic, then, that it was a JP injury that got us to this.

acehole
10-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Ah ah ah...no excuses about coaches or anything aloud to defend your QB that has been band fronm the debate be the Trentards themselfs. If you have tivo you can watch those games and tell me T Edwards did much to win them or they won inspite of him. Anyone with eye can see....

Johnny Bugmenot
10-29-2007, 08:12 AM
tell me T Edwards did much to win them or they won inspite of him. Anyone with eye can see....

With the defense playing the way it was, all Edwards had to do was lead the offense to six points and not turn the ball over. He did that.

Next question.

acehole
10-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Kinda ironic, then, that it was a JP injury that got us to this.\

As I said in a post a couple of weeks ago..these things seem to come full circle. I never expected it to be so dramatic...I could not have writen that script any better.

Poetic Justice!

I am very happy for JP and L Evans and this offence. I knew they were better then this! With the deffense playing well now and special team special we..can build on this. To bad we let the Denver(Coaching) and Cowboy's (Edwards pick) got away.

Meathead
10-29-2007, 08:16 AM
hey johnny einstein what was the score when the savior went out

Night Train
10-29-2007, 08:26 AM
With the defense playing the way it was, all Edwards had to do was lead the offense to six points and not turn the ball over. He did that.

Next question.

So we all imagined that bad INT to Revis ?

Oaf
10-30-2007, 12:31 AM
He is a mixture of Joey Harrington and Ron Johnson. He plays the game like Johnson but is almost as fragile as Rob Johnson. He is Joey Johnson

^
Idiot post that wasn't even phrased properly. :1:

BillsFever21
10-30-2007, 01:43 AM

Next question.

He didn't do either of them. He scored 3 points while he was in there and threw an interception to Revis. Did you watch the game or were you living in an imaginary world?

This is pretty bad. You were already willing to except a mediocre performance and Edwards didn't even live up to them expectations.

Kerr
10-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Ok this is bull****. First, the guy having an injury prone career at stanford is not reflection of now. I mean what qb in this league hasn't gotten hurt at least once in the nfl? He must have taken a bad fall on his wrist. Many qb's would suffer the same fate. There are many qb's who've been in the nfl who did not having injury prone career in college, but did in the nfl.
Second, all these people trashing edwards are probably the same people who did not complain when our flutie led squad was winning games. In case you forgotten, defense helped flutie win games, who averaged up to 20 points a game with the offense. Yet, we are winning games and edwards, a rookie, is expected to play like a veteran and put up big numbers? Give me a break. What happened to the flutie treatment? What happened to a win is all that counts? I didn't see anyone clamaring for RJ, the big armed slinging qb with potential to light up defenses over flutie.

Honestly, I like both guys. They bring different elements to the table, but if you ask me, the decision has already been made. Regardless if jp plays the rest of the year, he's done in buffalo. The bosses already decided Trent was there guy.

Ed
10-30-2007, 10:11 AM
I never watched a Stanford game while Edwards was there, but from what I've heard he consistently got killed because his teams were pretty atrocious. So I don't know if it's fair to consider him injury prone because of what appears to be a mild wrist sprain. Up until Sunday, I thought Edwards was doing a great job of avoiding hits, so it's a little concerning that a bad Jets team was finding ways to consistently get to him.

With that being said, it's not the potential of injuries that really concern me. It's the total lack of points we're scoring right now. I think the effort of our defense and special teams has been tremendous lately, so it's hard to feel like we've been winning because of Edwards when we've struggled so bad to get in the endzone. Edwards may still be the future, but I want to win now and JP just might be the spark we need to finally open things up for everyone. Maybe it doesn't even matter who the qb is, but I haven't given up on playoffs and it's hard to feel more confident going forward this year with a rookie who's now thrown 5 INT's for his 1 TD.