PDA

View Full Version : FEWELL DESERVES SOME CREIDT

djjimkelly
10-29-2007, 12:35 AM
i ripped him for the first few weeks for basically playing our shell cover 2.

he has been mixing in ALOT of man and exotic D's the last few weeks.

hes actually doing quite the job with the guys we have in there. to bad he cant coach the O becuz fewell is showing he can adapt!!!!!!!!!

Elminster
10-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Indeed. The biggest plus is the points we've been surrendering. Not very many at all. Holding even the lowly Jets to 3 points is a great outing.

jamze132
10-29-2007, 02:07 AM
I am very impressed with Perry over the last 3 weeks! Maybe we can fire Dick and Steve, and let Perry and Bobby just run the team!

Night Train
10-29-2007, 04:46 AM
I can't stand the Cover 2 scheme but I'd be first in line to shake his hand.

He's doing well, overcoming an insane number of injuries and limited talent.

With Edwards moving up and down the field to score his 3 points, we need all the D we can get.

Romes
10-29-2007, 04:50 AM
i thought the best part was second half adjustments.

YardRat
10-29-2007, 05:16 AM
All things considered, the defense is certainly playing well enough to win. The T2 is still frustrating as hell to watch, at times.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Fewell deserves a ton of credit considering the lack luster talent he has.

I will throw out one thing that JP lovers will ignore and that is the fact that even though our O isn't scoring tons of points, keeping our D off the field is certainly helping an awful lot.

To me this is the biggest Trent vs. JP argument. Sustainable drives.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 07:22 AM
i thought the best part was second half adjustments.

The Jets got smothered in the second half.

colin
10-29-2007, 07:47 AM
he's got our rag tag group of DBs and LBs (whitner, mcgee, and crow are the only guys who would start for more than 12 or so teams in our back 7) playing on their heads and IMO our front 4 (with the rotations) are kicking but and taking names.

once we get denny back in their we are gonna give teams fits.

EDS
10-29-2007, 07:52 AM
he's got our rag tag group of DBs and LBs (whitner, mcgee, and crow are the only guys who would start for more than 12 or so teams in our back 7) playing on their heads and IMO our front 4 (with the rotations) are kicking but and taking names.

once we get denny back in their we are gonna give teams fits.

I am not sure sure the front four is kicking but and taking names, but they are improving and playing better - as they should against a very bad Jets team and a Baltimore offense with three rookie fill-ins on the offensive line.

I still think they need a stud defensive tackle to take the defense to the next level.

colin
10-29-2007, 08:04 AM
I am not sure sure the front four is kicking but and taking names, but they are improving and playing better - as they should against a very bad Jets team and a Baltimore offense with three rookie fill-ins on the offensive line.

I still think they need a stud defensive tackle to take the defense to the next level.

they are playing pretty good and for a bit it was without hargrove and have not had denny.

i used to agree w you but now i think we need LBs and perhaps a corner more. a DT would be nice but i think mccargo and williams are gonna be good for us for a long time. if we could sign one guy for me it would be lance briggs. he'd give us much more physical play on the weakside and is a monster in coverage.

put poz in his second year between crow and briggs and our ability to stop the run inside and outside would really improve.