PDA

View Full Version : JP's throw on the bomb was not a great throw...

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-29-2007, 12:55 AM
It could have been intercepted by 2 guys..

But it wasent, it was caught for the game sealing touchdown. Thats what JP has over Edwards, he will go for the big play, take chances, kind of like Brett Favre. I admire him for the true grit he has.

That being said, Edwards is so calm and collected, and takes whats given to him, uses the tight end and dosent force throws. The two are nearly opposites, and im not sure which one is the right QB to lead this football team right now, because we are obviously winning because of our defense, not because our offense puts up 30 points a game.

My personal opinion is that JP has the chemistry with the players around him to make the offense more successful, but that will come in time with Trent, hopefully.

I think we can win with both QB's

Should be interesting, especially if Edwards cant go against the Bengals.

LtFinFan66
10-29-2007, 01:20 AM
There's already about 72 threads in here covering that subject. And i kid you not

SyraBillsLican
10-29-2007, 01:22 AM
JP won the game with that throw. The cowboys loss is solely on the shoulders of Edwards. Youre telling me that JP cant get 3 measley points vs. the boys?

the throw was short and scary, right. and it was also a great play.

I love JP Losman

Ebenezer
10-29-2007, 01:23 AM

But it wasent, it was caught for the game sealing touchdown. Thats what JP has over Edwards, he will go for the big play, take chances, kind of like Brett Favre. I admire him for the true grit he has.

That being said, Edwards is so calm and collected, and takes whats given to him, uses the tight end and dosent force throws. The two are nearly opposites, and im not sure which one is the right QB to lead this football team right now, because we are obviously winning because of our defense, not because our offense puts up 30 points a game.

My personal opinion is that JP has the chemistry with the players around him to make the offense more successful, but that will come in time with Trent, hopefully.

It was a terrible throw. If not for Evans hard work and a little luck it would have been intercepted. Had that happened you could have written it in stone that the Jets would have won the game.

LtFinFan66
10-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Weren't you guys already up 6-3 at that time?? So really, you already had it won:up:

Ebenezer
10-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Weren't you guys already up 6-3 at that time?? So really, you already had it won:up:
you do realize that the fins/bills game might end up 5-3...

LtFinFan66
10-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Possible!! Hopefully Beck will do something with our O.

clumping platelets
you do realize that the fins/bills game might end up 5-3...

as long as it's Bills 5 Fins 3.....who cares :squish:

SABURZFAN
There's already about 72 threads in here covering that subject. And i kid you not

:laughter:

where's shelby with her :deadhorse: now?

LtFinFan66
10-29-2007, 01:26 AM
as long as it's Bills 5 Fins 3.....who cares :squish:Go back to sleep Bob

odin
10-29-2007, 01:44 AM
TE's interception was not a great throw...

Ebenezer
10-29-2007, 01:54 AM
TE's interception was not a great throw...
nope...it was a mistake while he was trying to do too much...could have changed the complexion of the whole game.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Neither were any of Edwards' five interceptions this season, but he's officially 3-1 and will undoubtedly remain the starter.

BTW, I wonder how many QBs were ever 3-1 in their first 5 games with 1 TD and 5 INT's?

Night Train
10-29-2007, 05:18 AM
BTW, I wonder how many QBs were ever 3-1 in their first 5 games with 1 TD and 5 INT's?

Thank you, Jan.

They key is being able to score points, once you get inside the opponents 30 yard line.

We are a weak team who happens to be catching other teams playing their worst football of the season ( Jets twice, Baltimore ). Any quality team would kill us. I'm actually amazed with the D. The Offense is another story.

I'm a loyal fan but please quit telling me to adjust my blinders. There is reason for concern.

jmb1099
10-29-2007, 06:02 AM
With the receivers we have we are not meant to be a red zone offense. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but the fat is until we get some larger targets we will be better served scoring outside of the red zone. Unless of course we get to the three yard line and let Lynch carry everyone in on his back, but that's another story.

shelby
10-29-2007, 06:14 AM
:laughter:

where's shelby with her :deadhorse: now?
i'm here, sweetie. Make me a sammich.
:deadhorse

Turf
10-29-2007, 06:32 AM
I sincerely believe that if Edwards threw that lame duck of a ball in the air Evans doesn't fight for it with the same tenacity, it get's picked off, and it becomes Evans warcry for putting Losman back in.
I don't like what I'm seeing in Evans right now. He's not a team player. He's playing favorites and it's not right.

shelby
10-29-2007, 06:43 AM
So the Bills' quarterback debate is reopened, at least from the standpoint of the top passing combination in Sunday's game.
"I wish I could make that call," Evans said on giving the starting job back to Losman. "I think everybody knows how I feel about it."

full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/194446.html)

colin
10-29-2007, 07:43 AM
With the receivers we have we are not meant to be a red zone offense. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but the fat is until we get some larger targets we will be better served scoring outside of the red zone. Unless of course we get to the three yard line and let Lynch carry everyone in on his back, but that's another story.

i agree fully.

we have a pretty sad squad of WRs and TEs. the only tall guys on our whole O are gains and royals, two not good TEs who cannot jump and go get the ball.

a 1st pick or big FA signing of a WR or TE would really help us.

acehole
10-29-2007, 07:56 AM
You say he doent force throws...I say the facts say other things as you notice he is the one with the pick in the game and JP is the one with the TD. Was is a perfect ball? No. you people are the ones who defend TE when he throws a pick and come up with some reason why the pick is not his fault and then turn around to say the TD is not to JP's credit....some people really have to stretch to make the case for Trent Edwards. Having said that I agree ...I did not think Trent was horrible I think he will get better but that was not the argument before...the arguement was that he was allready better and I dont think anyone who watched that game can say that anymore with any honesty. He did not look calm to me he looked lost. Bottom line is somebody trusted JP with that play...jp trusted Evans with that throw...and evans is happy that JP can reach him on the throw. Keep in mind Trent makes that throw it is picked off fo sho. If Trent can be more then a one trick pony why not call the go route for him?.....because he cant make that throw......end of the Trent Edwards story.

acehole
10-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Trent Edwards can NOT throw an 85 yard TD pass.

I sincerely believe that if Edwards threw that lame duck of a ball in the air Evans doesn't fight for it with the same tenacity, it get's picked off, and it becomes Evans warcry for putting Losman back in.
I don't like what I'm seeing in Evans right now. He's not a team player. He's playing favorites and it's not right.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
JP won the game with that throw. The cowboys loss is solely on the shoulders of Edwards. Youre telling me that JP cant get 3 measley points vs. the boys?

I love JP Losman

Trying to decide if that's sarcasm or not .... don't know you well enough to tell.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 08:00 AM

He CAN throw it 49 yards. That's all JP did.

acehole
10-29-2007, 08:01 AM
It was a terrible throw. If not for Evans hard work and a little luck it would have been intercepted. Had that happened you could have written it in stone that the Jets would have won the game.

Yea but that did not happen. But if T Edwards does not throw that pick on the boys we would have won. So what is your point really? Home runthrowup doent happen RJ might still be our QB....shall I go one? Wishing for something does not make it real.

acehole
10-29-2007, 08:02 AM
He CAN throw it 49 yards. That's all JP did.

Trent can not throw 49 yards without tearing his bicept and shoulder.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 08:03 AM
But if T Edwards does not throw that pick on the boys we would have won.

Which is a greater blunder ... for a QB to throw an interception, or for the defense to give up two scores in 20 seconds? Anyone who makes Trent THE scapegoat for Dallas is not being objective.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Trent can not throw 49 yards without tearing his bicept and shoulder.

He did last week. You're not being objective.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 08:05 AM
The funny part is if that bad pass gets picked off and comes back for a field goal or a touchdown JP's career here would be officially over.

The score was only 6-3 and a pick could of cost us the game. Dumb pass with best result possible.

Coach Sal
10-29-2007, 08:33 AM
I know a good basketball coach who tells his players: "I'll never get mad at any shot you take that goes in. But if it doesn't go in........"

It may not have been the smartest or best pass, but it "went in." You won't read any complaining from me.

acehole
10-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Which is a greater blunder ... for a QB to throw an interception, or for the defense to give up two scores in 20 seconds? Anyone who makes Trent THE scapegoat for Dallas is not being objective.

Boldercrap!
That games momentum and tone changed after that play. You ask the deffence to score all the pionts and stop the opposing team from score is asking a bit much. Scapegoat? You got to be kidding me. That deffence had 5 picks? Scored pionts...had sacks? What more did you want? You want to put alittle on special teams ok. ...but special teams was put in that situation by that pick. Objective my scrot.

acehole
10-29-2007, 09:31 AM
He did last week. You're not being objective.

Yea? Why did the coaching staff call 3 runs in the redzone? Why not call the go route for the golden boy? Everybody but you knows it end in picks usually.

5 int/1 3 yard TD.

Who is not bieng objective?

blackonyx89
10-29-2007, 09:52 AM
There was 50% chance of that ball being caught and a 50% chance of it being intercepted. If J.P. would've been intercepted,there's no doubt in my mind that Edwards would be starting next week against the Bengals,no question about it! Evans made a great play,not J.P. So who's going to start? I still want Edwards to start this Sunday. 'Nuf said! :bad:

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 10:13 AM
5 int/1 3 yard TD.

Who is not bieng objective?
Trent fans.

Ed
10-29-2007, 10:13 AM
The throw to Evans may not have been great, but I thought the long throw to Roscoe earlier that hit him in the hands and would have set us up with 1st and goal inside the 5 was perfect.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 03:48 PM
What more did you want?

For the D to not screw up at the end and allow a miracle. Anything they accomplished before that is undone by a blunder that's worse than Home Run Throwback. Nothing else matters when they choke in the clutch.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Why did the coaching staff call 3 runs in the redzone?

Because they're idiots.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 03:52 PM
The throw to Evans may not have been great, but I thought the long throw to Roscoe earlier that hit him in the hands and would have set us up with 1st and goal inside the 5 was perfect.

Maybe he dropped it because he had to slow down for it in heavy coverage. It was not perfect.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:53 PM
"With the wind at his back in the second quarter Edwards had 12 pass attempts on three possessions. He went 6-12 with an interception. The longest completion was 14 yards."

Ed
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Maybe he dropped it because he had to slow down for it in heavy coverage. It was not perfect.

Maybe it wasn't PERFECT. What's your point? It hit Roscoe in the hands and was thrown where only Roscoe could make a play on it for a big big gain. What else do you want? You can't honestly tell me that was a bad throw by JP.

Maybe Roscoe dropped it intentionally to sabotage JP because he only wants to make plays for Edwards...:smashfrea

tampabay25690
10-29-2007, 04:38 PM

WOW you are brilliant.....I like that JP takes chances down the field that keeps safties and CB off the line.

I still like JP over Trent as the starter butr who knows I just want to see them win

The Answer
10-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Neither can Losman - the pass was for about 40 yards before Evans ran it in the rest of the way.

~The Answer

acehole
10-29-2007, 04:49 PM

hahah we are not meant to be a red zone offense.
Wow what people will do to jusify EDWARDS.

Next year we will get reciever that are 10 ft tall that might help TE with the INt's I supose.

Wow it is getting bad in here.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 05:07 PM
hahah we are not meant to be a red zone offense.
Wow what people will do to jusify EDWARDS.

Next year we will get reciever that are 10 ft tall that might help TE with the INt's I supose.

Wow it is getting bad in here.

Can you refute the point instead of crapping out more Anti-Trent rhetoric?

Philagape
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Maybe it wasn't PERFECT. What's your point?

That it wasn't perfect, which was the claim.

What else do I want? A touchdown on the play.

acehole
10-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Can you refute the point instead of crapping out more Anti-Trent rhetoric?

Yes the piont is crazy "We are not a redzone offense".
That is what the offense is ...it is intended to get into the redzone.
Did I really need to rebutt that?

I know you are use to seing the d score pionts but it wasnt that long ago was it?

Philagape
10-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes the piont is crazy "We are not a redzone offense".
That is what the offense is ...it is intended to get into the redzone.
Did I really need to rebutt that?

The point was we don't have good red zone receivers. Refute it.

acehole
10-29-2007, 05:21 PM
The point was we don't have good red zone receivers. Refute it.

Lee Evans seem to have no problems. ....last year.

We are not using personel as an excuse for T Edwards are we?

We were not aloud to use them for JP. Sorry.

We have plenty of TE's and 2 good slot guys...we just need somebody to fire it at them from 10 yards out. Minus price who did not do squat anyway we seemed to be a redzone offense last year....just fine. Matter of fact 3 missed fieldgoals and our record is quit different.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Lee Evans seem to have no problems. ....last year.

We are not using personel as an excuse for T Edwards are we?

We were not aloud to use them for JP. Sorry.

I use them for both. I've said all year the lack of quality receivers is hurting the offense no matter who the QB is.
Some people here really need to learn that no player operates in a vacuum. An offense is 11 guys working together, and a weakness in one area affects everybody else. Lynch is a beast, but his average sucks. Why? Because the guys who are supposed to be helping him aren't.

We have plenty of TE's and 2 good slot guys...we just need somebody to fire it at them from 10 yards out. Minus price who did not do squat anyway we seemed to be a redzone offense last year....just fine. Matter of fact 3 missed fieldgoals and our record is quit different.

Our red zone TD percentage was 26th in the league last year.

acehole
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
I use them for both. I've said all year the lack of quality receivers is hurting the offense no matter who the QB is.
Some people here really need to learn that no player operates in a vacuum. An offense is 11 guys working together, and a weakness in one area affects everybody else. Lynch is a beast, but his average sucks. Why? Because the guys who are supposed to be helping him aren't.

Our red zone TD percentage was 26th in the league last year.

I really agree with you and those were some of the pionts I was making for game one and two...but they got sleghammerd by the Tentretarts or whatever they are call now...wrong suits me fine but I digress... who put it all on the QB. Price was never open..and now we know why..(His neck) They doubled Evans... Everett hurt..royal slow...and all eyes on JP. A Wr in round one is a good possibility as Evan will soon follow that same bus that JP got thrown under for speaking up....What is our Redzone offense now minus that JP TD again? 29th?

Philagape
10-29-2007, 05:41 PM
I really agree with you and those were some of the pionts I was making for game one and two...but they got sleghammerd by the Tentretarts or whatever they are call now...wrong suits me fine but I digress... who put it all on the QB. Price was never open..and now we know why..(His neck) They doubled Evans... Everett hurt..royal slow...and all eyes on JP. A Wr in round one is a good possibility as Evan will soon follow that same bus that JP got thrown under for speaking up....What is our Redzone offense now minus that JP TD again? 29th?

How many times have we taken a shot at a TD in the red zone? Seems all we see is handoffs, screens and shovel passes. All year long, the offense has been mostly predicated on making the receivers get most of the yards after the catch.

Ed
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
That it wasn't perfect, which was the claim.

What else do I want? A touchdown on the play.
What was wrong with the throw then?

Philagape
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
What was wrong with the throw then?

Underthrown.

Looking at it again, it's similar to the Evans big play against Baltimore. Roscoe slows down in an awkward stutter step, falling to his knees, and turns his torso to his left.

gr8slayer
10-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Do you know how many passes "could have been intercepted" but weren't? EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Do you know how many passes "could have been intercepted" but weren't? EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Not every pass is at the DB's hands before he's taken out by his teammate. Sorry, I don't have a percentage on that.

SpillerThrills
10-29-2007, 09:31 PM

I love JP Losman

as I've stated in other threads, I don't care who starts as long as the team wins.... but I have to ask if you actually watched the dallas game??? was trent on the field when dallas scored their last td??? was trent on the field for the onsides kick??? was trent playing D when we gave them the entire field to work with??? I have to answer NO to the last 3 questions.... is it trents fault that the offense only scored 3 points?? partially, but there are alot of other factors involved like the O-line, recievers, te's, rb's and ofcourse the dallas D.... in no way am I letting trent off the hook for the dallas game but he wasn't the only one that failed to put the game away when they had the chance.

and remember when JP came into the game against the Jets on sunday, buffalo already had the lead.....

acehole
10-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Excuses ..excuses....

quote=jerhwt]as I've stated in other threads, I don't care who starts as long as the team wins.... but I have to ask if you actually watched the dallas game??? was trent on the field when dallas scored their last td??? was trent on the field for the onsides kick??? was trent playing D when we gave them the entire field to work with??? I have to answer NO to the last 3 questions.... is it trents fault that the offense only scored 3 points?? partially, but there are alot of other factors involved like the O-line, recievers, te's, rb's and ofcourse the dallas D.... in no way am I letting trent off the hook for the dallas game but he wasn't the only one that failed to put the game away when they had the chance.

and remember when JP came into the game against the Jets on sunday, buffalo already had the lead.....[/quote]

LtFinFan66
10-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Favre's bomb was a beautiful pass

justasportsfan
10-30-2007, 07:50 AM
as I've stated in other threads, I don't care who starts as long as the team wins.... but I have to ask if you actually watched the dallas game??? was trent on the field when dallas scored their last td??? was trent on the field for the onsides kick??? was trent playing D when we gave them the entire field to work with??? I have to answer NO to the last 3 questions.... is it trents fault that the offense only scored 3 points?? partially, but there are alot of other factors involved like the O-line, recievers, te's, rb's and ofcourse the dallas D.... in no way am I letting trent off the hook for the dallas game but he wasn't the only one that failed to put the game away when they had the chance.
Lol! Swap the cowboys with Broncos and Trent with JP then you have the same excuses as to why we lost the first game.