PDA

View Full Version : Game plan, play calling yesterday

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2007, 06:12 AM
I thought the coaches did a very good job yesterday. Yes, the O only scored 13, but considering the conditions, think they moved the ball well.

Kudos to Fairchild and Jauron for sticking with the run. It eventally paid off in the 4th, when the O-line was finally able to open up what resembled to be holes for Lynch.

I thought the pass game was OK, I was disappointed that they didn't throw deep a few times early, but the wind was clearly a factor.

I still think this team lacks "killer instinct". At the end of the first half, 3rd an 8, on your own 45, why not try to convert it? You have the wind, a few completions and you are in FG range. Instead, you run it, up the gut for 2 yards and punt it away with over a minute left. Thankfully, the Jets coaches are worse, and equally, if not more, conservative.

The D played awesome. I don't have a single bad thing to say about them. Schobel had his best game of the season, IMO. Fewell has these guys really playing well, all things considered.

shelby
10-29-2007, 06:21 AM
Did you see Kyle Williams' sack? Fat boy was hauling ass! It was great!

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2007, 06:31 AM
I thought Digiorgio and Crowell were beasts out there. I don't even know who was playing the other LB spot, did any other LB even register a tackle?

shelby
10-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Ellison...

* A third-and-1 stop of Thomas Jones for no gain on the first play of the fourth quarter. Linebacker Keith Ellison plugged a hole, and linebacker John DiGiorgio made the tackle.
"We scouted them on video, and on third-and-1 we knew they like to run that lead run with the fullback or the quarterback sneak," Ellison said. "We were playing both of them."
full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/194446.html)

BlackMetalNinja
10-29-2007, 06:52 AM
I thought the coaches did a very good job yesterday. Yes, the O only scored 13, but considering the conditions, think they moved the ball well.

What condition is that??? The one where once the Bills are in the Red Zone they can't do a damn thing? I'll give credit to the staff in that I was happier with the play calling yesterday and the fact that it seemed like they had a plan and stuck to it, but I just can't understand what it is about the red zone that just makes them shut down all together.

Winning is winning, but it sure would be nice to do it some way other than ugly once in a while.

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM
This team's redzone woes have existed for about 8 years now, going back to GW.