PDA

View Full Version : I just don’t understand!

Patrick76777
10-29-2007, 08:09 AM
This is also NOT an “I told you so” piece. Believe me, it’s not, I’m just very confused.

Ok, this is for the realists. I’m not going to mention names, because I need to get work done today and I don’t need to get into a p!ssing match all day.

So these “realists” have told us during mini camp, training camp and the preseason, that this team is not talented and will not be good.

The “homers” including myself, tried to explain to the “realists” that we understood the lack of talent but that we enjoy getting excited for the season and there’s no harm in holding out hope.

So we all understand that the team is NOT loaded with talent!

So why is it that these “realists” bash this young, scrappy, under-talented team, for winning ugly?

You claimed to know that the team lacks talent. This much is true. You also claim that you’re a fan of the team. You also claim (most of the time) that it’s a rebuilding process and that either next year or the year after will be our year to shine.

So if you know that we’re going to struggle, but in the process of struggling we win, why do you get angry that we’re not dominating?

It doesn’t make any sense.

Is it not good that this young, scrappy, under-talented team is learning to win?

Is it not good that this young, scrappy, under-talented defense is making big plays?

Is it not good that because of the injuries, we’re learning that some of the backups on our roster actually have some talent?

I’ve tried to develop a list of rationale for why you guys bash the team for winning ugly, when for 6 months, you’ve drilled into everyone’s heads how bad we’ll be:

1. You guys are good-natured people - You feel bad for the homers because even though you’ve bombarded us for months with talk of how bad the team is, we’re still blissfully unaware of the fact. You know that it’s just going to crush us to find out that the Bills lack talent and they’re still going to struggle. And you guys hate to see us upset.
2. You guys HATE being wrong – And if the Bills continue to win ugly, you’re afraid that the “homers” will call you out on a message board and you’re ego is far to fragile to handle being wrong.
3. You like getting people fired up – You live for going on the Internet and squashing the hopes of anybody that likes to get excited about football.
4. If you’re not with us, you’re against us – You’ve got this weird compulsion driving you to make everyone agree with you.
5. It just hurts so bad – You’ve been here before, you’ve made yourself believe that this time would be different, and every time you do it, the team lays an egg. Well, they’re not going to fool you this time. You won’t get excited for this team.

YOU KNOW THEY STINK, SO WHY GET MAD WHEN THEY PLAY THE WAY YOU KNOW THEY’RE GOING TO PLAY, BUT MANAGE TO WIN IN THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

mchurchfie
10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
I think they are mad because we have been rebuilding for the last ten years and we are still undertalented.

Patrick76777
10-29-2007, 08:17 AM
I think they are mad because we have been rebuilding for the last ten years and we are still undertalented.

But that's not true!

The team was poised to make a run in 03-05, but couldn't put it together. Then they restarted the process.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Is there a point in there? I'm a realist and I'm happy we won.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 08:22 AM
This is also NOT an “I told you so” piece. Believe me, it’s not, I’m just very confused.

Ok, this is for the realists. I’m not going to mention names, because I need to get work done today and I don’t need to get into a p!ssing match all day.

So these “realists” have told us during mini camp, training camp and the preseason, that this team is not talented and will not be good.

The “homers” including myself, tried to explain to the “realists” that we understood the lack of talent but that we enjoy getting excited for the season and there’s no harm in holding out hope.

So we all understand that the team is NOT loaded with talent!

So why is it that these “realists” bash this young, scrappy, under-talented team, for winning ugly?

You claimed to know that the team lacks talent. This much is true. You also claim that you’re a fan of the team. You also claim (most of the time) that it’s a rebuilding process and that either next year or the year after will be our year to shine.

So if you know that we’re going to struggle, but in the process of struggling we win, why do you get angry that we’re not dominating?

Is it not good that this young, scrappy, under-talented team is learning to win?

Is it not good that this young, scrappy, under-talented defense is making big plays?

Is it not good that because of the injuries, we’re learning that some of the backups on our roster actually have some talent?

I’ve tried to develop a list of rationale for why you guys bash the team for winning ugly, when for 6 months, you’ve drilled into everyone’s heads how bad we’ll be:

1. You guys are good-natured people - You feel bad for the homers because even though you’ve bombarded us for months with talk of how bad the team is, we’re still blissfully unaware of the fact. You know that it’s just going to crush us to find out that the Bills lack talent and they’re still going to struggle. And you guys hate to see us upset.
2. You guys HATE being wrong – And if the Bills continue to win ugly, you’re afraid that the “homers” will call you out on a message board and you’re ego is far to fragile to handle being wrong.
3. You like getting people fired up – You live for going on the Internet and squashing the hopes of anybody that likes to get excited about football.
4. If you’re not with us, you’re against us – You’ve got this weird compulsion driving you to make everyone agree with you.
5. It just hurts so bad – You’ve been here before, you’ve made yourself believe that this time would be different, and every time you do it, the team lays an egg. Well, they’re not going to fool you this time. You won’t get excited for this team.

YOU KNOW THEY STINK, SO WHY GET MAD WHEN THEY PLAY THE WAY YOU KNOW THEY’RE GOING TO PLAY, BUT MANAGE TO WIN IN THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

It makes perfect sense. It's not good enough. We want this team to WIN, we want this team to be GOOD. We're not good. Winning ugly will work against the Jets- it won't work against the Colts, the Pats, the Cowboys, etc. So, while we accomplished the immediate goal, we still showed that we're a long way away from reaching the long term goal.

Knowing the team is going to play like **** doesn't mean we have to accept it when it happens. It's still not good enough.

shelby
10-29-2007, 08:51 AM
The point is that we can still make a playoff run. And many of you felt that wouldn't happen this year.

The team is still struggling, but our defense keeps improving.

Evans' TD was a welcome bit of drama on a day when two AFC East offenses put forth one of the most uninspiring shows imaginable. It was also a nice reward for a surging young Bills defense that turned in another terrific performance and held an opponent to three points in a road game for the first time in 17 years.
The Bills' 13-3 victory was their third in four weeks, leaving them at 3-4 and still on the fringes of the AFC playoff race. It's amazing how far they've come since the loss in New England, when injuries were ripping through the roster and leaving you to wonder if they'd ever win a game. It's mind-boggling to think they're a couple of plays from 5-2.
full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/194532.html)

lordofgun
10-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Everyone likes a hard-working, scrappy players. What most have a prob with is the front office, IMO.

mchurchfie
10-29-2007, 08:53 AM
But that's not true!

The team was poised to make a run in 03-05, but couldn't put it together. Then they restarted the process.
That makes it even worse.