PDA

View Full Version : help is on the way at the blueline

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-29-2007, 09:11 AM
The Sabres made one roster move and are expected to make a few more.

Defenseman Mike Weber was returned to Rochester. He played well for a 19-year-old in his first month as a professional. He totaled three hits, two blocked shots, one giveaway and an even rating in more than 21 minutes.

Defenseman Jaroslav Spacek said he expects to be back for Thursday’s game after missing the past five with a shoulder injury.

Another move expected to occur is the signing of defenseman Nolan Pratt. The 32-year-old Tampa resident was saying goodbye to his former Lightning teammates after Saturday’s game.

The Sabres would have the option of sending Pratt to Rochester for a conditioning stint, but since they don’t play again until Thursday in Boston, they likely could work him into game shape.

Andrej Sekera could stick with the Sabres until they determine Pratt’s status. The rookie will not remain as a seventh defenseman because the Sabres would rather have him play in Rochester than watch in Buffalo.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/194743.html

mchurchfie
10-29-2007, 09:14 AM
:bf1:

BlackMetalNinja
10-29-2007, 10:07 AM
As per expected... now let's just hope we dont' have any more injuries to worry about this crap anymore.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Sekera should be sent to rochester, weber was much better.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I wonder how slow Pratt will look next to his speedy teammates. He isn't exactly the fastest skater in the world.

SabreEleven
10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
How come Pratt isn't on a roster already?

BlackMetalNinja
10-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I wonder how slow Pratt will look next to his speedy teammates. He isn't exactly the fastest skater in the world.

I don't know, but everybody is *****ing about this team being all speed and finesse, so hopefully he'll be physical.

SkateZilla
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Webber was sent down because Spacek is Back,

When Sekera Gets Sent down, we'll know Pratt was signed,

Pratt and Teppo should get along nicely

Carlton Bailey
10-29-2007, 01:28 PM
The News has been claiming Pratt will sign for three or four days now. When is it going to happen? He's a perfect fit for this soft, offense-first defense. Pratt is basically your Jay McKee replacement (not as good, of course, but serviceable).

Meathead
10-29-2007, 05:00 PM
idk about anybody else but to me sekera has looked like easily the worst player on the ice for the sabres. hes regularly out of position, giving up the puck, and sending passes into nowhere. did you see the blind pass from behind his own net right up the center of the ice that thank god somehow made it over the blue line. the guy has been close to a disaster every game. not tryin to hate just saying how it is. get him the heck out of there. if you need another backliner next time go with weber

Carlton Bailey
10-29-2007, 05:11 PM
idk about anybody else but to me sekera has looked like easily the worst player on the ice for the sabres. hes regularly out of position, giving up the puck, and sending passes into nowhere. did you see the blind pass from behind his own net right up the center of the ice that thank god somehow made it over the blue line. the guy has been close to a disaster every game. not tryin to hate just saying how it is. get him the heck out of there. if you need another backliner next time go with weber

No doubt. Weber has been more impressive and he's the type of D-man this defense needs. Sekera is another puck mover who frankly hasn't been very strong in his own end. In fairness to Sekera, the game v. Tampa was his best as a Sabre, but that's not saying very much.

RockStar36
10-29-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't know, but everybody is *****ing about this team being all speed and finesse, so hopefully he'll be physical.

I'm sure if he is physical the new line will be how Pratt isn't speedy enough for the team. :rolleyes:

Philagape
10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
The savior is on his way!! :party:

Meathead
10-30-2007, 10:20 AM
edwards plays hockey too?

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 10:31 AM
edwards plays hockey too?

I bet if you let him touch your head, you could throw away your cane.