PDA

View Full Version : What injuries are really effecting our D???

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 09:42 AM
When it's all said and done are we really missing Poz and Simpson? I don't think we would be playing that much better.

In regards to next year how are you going to pull DiGorgio off the field? I'm thinking that Ellison is the weak link right now.

Michael82
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
When it's all said and done are we really missing Poz and Simpson? I don't think we would be playing that much better.

In regards to next year how are you going to pull DiGorgio off the field? I'm thinking that Ellison is the weak link right now.
Agreed, DiGiorgio should definitely get a shot at OLB next year. He's played better than Keith Ellison IMO.

Personally, I think that these injuries have helped us develop our young guys and let us see that we have some pretty good depth on the defense. :up:

gr8slayer
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Non are affecting the Defense in a negative way, they realized that the offense is just nevere going to figure it out and that they had to take it upon themselves to get it going and they have.

JJamezz
10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
They've played really, REALLY well, but in fairness, they haven't exactly been lining up against any offensive juggernauts of late.. I'm a little concerned about how they will handle an offense that can stretch the field. The Cowboys had that ability, and they handled it fairly well, but there was so much emotion in that game its hard to tell what was what. Next weekend will be a good test for them, and should give us a better idea of who they really are.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't think we're missing Simpson all that much.

DiGiorgio is playing decent but he's still a downgrade from Poz.

John Doe
10-29-2007, 03:40 PM
We are not doing too bad right now with new injuries, but there are still some key reserves out injuried that are due to return and possibly improve the defense:

Youboty. He was starting to make strides before he went down and is by far our most physical corner.

Leonhard. Nobody can convince me that a converted wide receiver playing his first year at safety is better that this guy.

Denney. He had a solid year last season and there is no reason to believe he would be any worse this year. I think he is our best run stopper at defensive end.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:46 PM
I still think our offensives coordinators injury is affecting the D. The D is now expected to carry the O. The D is expected to score the points as well.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
We are not doing too bad right now with new injuries, but there are still some key reserves out injuried that are due to return and possibly improve the defense:

Youboty. He was starting to make strides before he went down and is by far our most physical corner.

Leonhard. Nobody can convince me that a converted wide receiver playing his first year at safety is better that this guy.

Denney. He had a solid year last season and there is no reason to believe he would be any worse this year. I think he is our best run stopper at defensive end.

Agreed on Youboty, although Greer has been playing well. I would like to see Youboty at nickel over Thomas.

Leonard- I wasn't thrilled with him before he went down and Wilson has been playing well. Having him back won't hurt and it will give us some depth, but I don't see it making a big impact.

Denney- at the very least, getting him back means we won't have to play Ryan friggin' Neill in crunch time. I couldn't believe he was on the field late in the 4th.

RedEyE
10-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Webster - NO

Poz - This guy is a tackle monster that will force more teams to go to the air. His presence and abiltiy will force more turnovers and allow the line more opportunity to the QB.

Simpson - I think he's a really good player and while he might just be a 1/2 step up on who is on the field now, that 1/2 a step could be thedeciding factor in a close game. I see Ko regaining his starting position next season.

Youboty - showed great strides at times, but I just haven't seen enough out of him to believe that he could give more then what the current CBs on the roster give.

Denney - He's instant improvement no matter how you look at it. If McCargo is playing this well now, Denney will only make him that much better as his return this year will be significant as he comes back when other DEs might be wearing down.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2007, 04:02 PM
IT'S NOT DELIVERY, IT'S DIGORGIO!

John Doe
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Agreed on Youboty, although Greer has been playing well. I would like to see Youboty at nickel over Thomas.

Leonard- I wasn't thrilled with him before he went down and Wilson has been playing well. Having him back won't hurt and it will give us some depth, but I don't see it making a big impact.

Denney- at the very least, getting him back means we won't have to play Ryan friggin' Neill in crunch time. I couldn't believe he was on the field late in the 4th.

I think that once Leonard is healthy he starts. Wilson is the depth player.