• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Does Evans really try all the time?

Let me start by saying that Evans is a awesome player but it's when he wants to be. Evans actually took that crap lob pass and snagged it just to prove a point about him and JP, I'm sure of it. The problem is we need a pissed off Evans all the time to fight for the lob pass. It almost seemed like he just decided that he would show everybody, I just wish he would do it all the time.

Evans needs to fight for the rock all the time, everytime.
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: Does Evans really try all the time?

You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
      Let me start by saying that Evans is a awesome player but it's when he wants to be. Evans actually took that crap lob pass and snagged it just to prove a point about him and JP, I'm sure of it. The problem is we need a pissed off Evans all the time to fight for the lob pass. It almost seemed like he just decided that he would show everybody, I just wish he would do it all the time.

yeah all those underthrown balls are Evans fault. Give me a break. You're trying to put blame on our best player for the mistakes of what you hope is our future QB.

In case you missed it, Evans has fought for every ball. Even the 54 yarder that was underthrown against the ravens. He also chased down the INT against the cowboys. Nice try skoobs but some of us actually watch the games.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Skoob, keep reaching..you might get taller.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Let's trade him to New England for a 4th round pick.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            yeah all those underthrown balls are Evans fault. Give me a break. You're trying to put blame on our best player for the mistakes of what you hope is our future QB.

In case you missed it, Evans has fought for every ball. Even the 54 yarder that was underthrown against the ravens. He also chased down the INT against the cowboys. Nice try skoobs but some of us actually watch the games.
            TE underthrew him as well, in the endzone none the less. The difference is he actually went for the ball yesterday instead of waiting for it to come to him.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Skooby quit trying to stir the pot and causing dissention. Evans is not Moss and take plays off as well as implying he plays for one QB and not the other. Why do some always look for controversy? We have a two game winning streak. Quit trying to create problems.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

TE underthrew him as well, in the endzone none the less. The difference is he actually went for the ball yesterday instead of waiting for it to come to him.
                C'mon...
                Even Lee said it seemed to hang in the air longer than he thought, and there was no way the other two hands were gonna take it from him.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by don137
                  Skooby quit trying to stir the pot and causing dissention. Evans is not Moss and take plays off as well as implying he plays for one QB and not the other. Why do some always look for controversy? We have a two game winning streak. Quit trying to create problems.
                  I just want you to watch him the next few games. You are going to see a fire lit under his *** like never before just to prove a point for JP starting and opening his mouth about it. I am betting on us heavy the next few games, we're going 5-4 into the NE game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

it never got to him because the guy infront of him hit the ball first. But no matter what you say, he still ran the ball down to save the TD. Thats more effort than you'll ever see from anyone.

Again, if TE didn't force , underthrow and telegraph "LEE I'm throwing you the ball" it in the first place we wouldn't be having this converstation.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      it never got to him because the guy infront of him hit the ball first. But no matter what you say, he still ran the ball down to save the TD. Thats more effort than you'll ever see from anyone.

Again, if TE didn't force , underthrow and telegraph "LEE I'm throwing you the ball" it in the first place we wouldn't be having this converstation.
                      You play the ball on the throw, if Lee knew it was hanging then he needed to go to it to either make a play on it or knock it down. Great effort chasing the guy down after he was just standing by you with the ball, it's called his job.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

He hasnt had to fight for the ball. The only play where he might have been able to and didnt was in the first game against the Jets in the endzone. Other than that JP always managed to hit Evans in stride. And everthing else is route running and Evans getting open.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                          C'mon...
                          Even Lee said it seemed to hang in the air longer than he thought, and there was no way the other two hands were gonna take it from him.
                          If you know it's hanging, what do you do?? Do you wait on it or know there is going to be a problem and you go to it??

Yesterday Lee went to the ball and took that lob away from the defenders, all the props in the world for the play / effort there. Just play like that on every pass and every down is all we can ask for. It's also what separates the great one's from the good one's. Jerry Rice said as he got older he had to work even harder just to make a play on all of his passes. Lee has a gift and experience, he needs to just play to kill on every down.

I really do like Lee and I love seeing him make catches. I just more of them to be towards the endzone.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

You play the ball on the throw, if Lee knew it was hanging then he needed to go to it to either make a play on it or knock it down. Great effort chasing the guy down after he was just standing by you with the ball, it's called his job.
                            the Trent HOmer alert is going off Skoobs.

that's not how it's done, you throw deep and Lee runs after the ball. He's a burner, he's not 6'4"
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

If you know it's hanging, what do you do?? Do you wait on it or know there is going to be a problem and you go to it??
                              Wait...
                              You posted this -
                              Evans actually took that crap lob pass and snagged it just to prove a point about him and JP, I'm sure of it.
                              I posted this -
                              Lee said it seemed to hang in the air longer than he thought. Apparently Lee's not kissing JP's ass about it, so why are you suggesting that he has to prove a point?

Comment

Working...
                              X