PDA

View Full Version : Does Evans really try all the time?

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Let me start by saying that Evans is a awesome player but it's when he wants to be. Evans actually took that crap lob pass and snagged it just to prove a point about him and JP, I'm sure of it. The problem is we need a pissed off Evans all the time to fight for the lob pass. It almost seemed like he just decided that he would show everybody, I just wish he would do it all the time.

Evans needs to fight for the rock all the time, everytime.

Gunzlingr
10-29-2007, 11:00 AM
:rolleyes:

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Let me start by saying that Evans is a awesome player but it's when he wants to be. Evans actually took that crap lob pass and snagged it just to prove a point about him and JP, I'm sure of it. The problem is we need a pissed off Evans all the time to fight for the lob pass. It almost seemed like he just decided that he would show everybody, I just wish he would do it all the time.

yeah all those underthrown balls are Evans fault. Give me a break. You're trying to put blame on our best player for the mistakes of what you hope is our future QB.

In case you missed it, Evans has fought for every ball. Even the 54 yarder that was underthrown against the ravens. He also chased down the INT against the cowboys. Nice try skoobs but some of us actually watch the games.

mybills
10-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Skoob, keep reaching..you might get taller. :D

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Let's trade him to New England for a 4th round pick.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah all those underthrown balls are Evans fault. Give me a break. You're trying to put blame on our best player for the mistakes of what you hope is our future QB.

In case you missed it, Evans has fought for every ball. Even the 54 yarder that was underthrown against the ravens. He also chased down the INT against the cowboys. Nice try skoobs but some of us actually watch the games.

TE underthrew him as well, in the endzone none the less. The difference is he actually went for the ball yesterday instead of waiting for it to come to him.

don137
10-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Skooby quit trying to stir the pot and causing dissention. Evans is not Moss and take plays off as well as implying he plays for one QB and not the other. Why do some always look for controversy? We have a two game winning streak. Quit trying to create problems.

mybills
10-29-2007, 01:35 PM
TE underthrew him as well, in the endzone none the less. The difference is he actually went for the ball yesterday instead of waiting for it to come to him.
C'mon...
Even Lee said it seemed to hang in the air longer than he thought, and there was no way the other two hands were gonna take it from him.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Skooby quit trying to stir the pot and causing dissention. Evans is not Moss and take plays off as well as implying he plays for one QB and not the other. Why do some always look for controversy? We have a two game winning streak. Quit trying to create problems.

I just want you to watch him the next few games. You are going to see a fire lit under his *** like never before just to prove a point for JP starting and opening his mouth about it. I am betting on us heavy the next few games, we're going 5-4 into the NE game.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
it never got to him because the guy infront of him hit the ball first. But no matter what you say, he still ran the ball down to save the TD. Thats more effort than you'll ever see from anyone.

Again, if TE didn't force , underthrow and telegraph "LEE I'm throwing you the ball" it in the first place we wouldn't be having this converstation.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 01:40 PM
it never got to him because the guy infront of him hit the ball first. But no matter what you say, he still ran the ball down to save the TD. Thats more effort than you'll ever see from anyone.

Again, if TE didn't force , underthrow and telegraph "LEE I'm throwing you the ball" it in the first place we wouldn't be having this converstation.

You play the ball on the throw, if Lee knew it was hanging then he needed to go to it to either make a play on it or knock it down. Great effort chasing the guy down after he was just standing by you with the ball, it's called his job.

Mahdi
10-29-2007, 01:44 PM

He hasnt had to fight for the ball. The only play where he might have been able to and didnt was in the first game against the Jets in the endzone. Other than that JP always managed to hit Evans in stride. And everthing else is route running and Evans getting open.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 01:44 PM
C'mon...
Even Lee said it seemed to hang in the air longer than he thought, and there was no way the other two hands were gonna take it from him.

If you know it's hanging, what do you do?? Do you wait on it or know there is going to be a problem and you go to it??

Yesterday Lee went to the ball and took that lob away from the defenders, all the props in the world for the play / effort there. Just play like that on every pass and every down is all we can ask for. It's also what separates the great one's from the good one's. Jerry Rice said as he got older he had to work even harder just to make a play on all of his passes. Lee has a gift and experience, he needs to just play to kill on every down.

I really do like Lee and I love seeing him make catches. I just more of them to be towards the endzone.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:45 PM
You play the ball on the throw, if Lee knew it was hanging then he needed to go to it to either make a play on it or knock it down. Great effort chasing the guy down after he was just standing by you with the ball, it's called his job.
the Trent HOmer alert is going off Skoobs.

that's not how it's done, you throw deep and Lee runs after the ball. He's a burner, he's not 6'4"

mybills
10-29-2007, 01:55 PM
If you know it's hanging, what do you do?? Do you wait on it or know there is going to be a problem and you go to it??
Wait...
You posted this -

Evans actually took that crap lob pass and snagged it just to prove a point about him and JP, I'm sure of it.
I posted this -
Lee said it seemed to hang in the air longer than he thought. Apparently Lee's not kissing JP's ass about it, so why are you suggesting that he has to prove a point?

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Wait...
You posted this -

I posted this -
Lee said it seemed to hang in the air longer than he thought. Apparently Lee's not kissing JP's ass about it, so why are you suggesting that he has to prove a point?

Lee has publically lobbied for JP, he put his neck on the line. It's fairly obvious that Lee wants JP to be the QB of the Bills and to catch balls thrown by him. What he doesn't realize is that big plays get set up by small and medium one's.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Lee has publically lobbied for JP, he put his neck on the line. It's fairly obvious that Lee wants JP to be the QB of the Bills and to catch balls thrown by him. What he doesn't realize is that big plays get set up by small and medium one's.
we should cut every player that wants to win now. Off with Lee's head. Whitner is next. Roayals too. The win now attitude is a cancer. The dink and dunk , ball control, no points is the cure to cancer.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
we should cut every player that wants to win now. Off with Lee's head. Whitner is next. Roayals too. The win now attitude is a cancer. The dink and dunk , ball control, no points is the cure to cancer.

3-1 as a starting QB is winning now, maybe at some point that light might come on for a few more here.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
3-1 as a starting QB is winning now, maybe at some point that light might come on for a few more here.

For we all know that whether a team wins or loses falls directly on the QB's shoulders. :rolleyes:

Man, Cincinnatti oughta get rid of that bum Carson Palmer.

Ed
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
It's obvious Lee Evans would rather have JP be the qb, but how does Evans help himself by not playing hard for Edwards? Why would Evans put the career of JP ahead of the success of the team, personal success and his financial future?

No one on this team is conspiring against Edwards, they just want to win.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:22 PM
It's obvious Lee Evans would rather have JP be the qb, but how does Evans help himself by not playing hard for Edwards? Why would Evans put the career of JP ahead of the success of the team, personal success and his financial future?

No one on this team is conspiring against Edwards, they just want to win.
:10:

John Doe
10-29-2007, 02:48 PM
At the time of the now-famous deep ball to Evans, there was no QB controversy - JP was the established starter. Therefore, as part of a conspiracy, there was no reason for Evans to tank just because the ball was thrown by Edwards.

Sometimes a receiver just mis-judges the flight of the ball. They are not perfect.

mybills
10-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Hello? I know he prefers JP to throw to him, so why make a comment on JP's pass?
That's the point. It's not like he's out there saying JP threw a perfect pass unlike Trent. Stop reading so much into it. It was a hell of an effort on both parts to get this team a TD. JP get a 9 out of 10 for the throw, and Evans gets a 10 out of 10 for the grab.

Forget the last sentence you wrote above. You're the one who started this thread off by saying he was proving a point on that one catch.

BillsFever21
10-30-2007, 12:00 AM
I just love how some are trying to make a conspiracy theory out of Edwards' bad play by saying some players are not playing hard with him as the QB, mainly Evans.

There is a reason why you haven't heard any players coming out and saying they think Trent should be the starter but you have heard multiple players say that about JP. Edwards' has not played good at all and shouldn't have had the job in the first place. JP is just the better QB right and the team knows it.

For a team to come out as many times as they have and publicly state that JP got a raw deal and should be playing there is something behind it and the entire story of JP being benched for money reasons sound more true everyday. It wouldn't be the first time Ralph has developed schemes to save a buck.

And to come out and say this all the time I don't believe it is the coaches idea for Trent to be playing either. Most players are not going to come out every week and publicly shoot down their coaches decision but they will about ownership if they don't agree with it. This is the case we have right now in Buffalo.

Players like Lee Evans do not need the Bills. Let them release him. He can sign an even bigger contract next year and wouldn't have to wait another year for it. Players like Lee don't need the Bills. The Bills need players like Lee though.