PDA

View Full Version : Edwards has a sprained wrist

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 10:46 AM
according to V Coach.

Funny how the QB that's playing better at the moment always seems to be the only one that's healthy....

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
How long does that injury take to heal?

Lecter should know, im sure he has sprained a wrist or two in all his years of... :snicker:

Romes
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
we kind of new that already. is there a timetable?

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 10:50 AM

not on V Coach but I would expect BB.com will post an article soon.

BillsOverDolphins
10-29-2007, 10:50 AM
JP's performance next week will determine the timetable

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Man, I really hate quoting myself:

Dick Jauron is going to come out and say that Trent Edwards is not 100% and Losman will be the starter next week vs Cincinnati. He is going to try and avoid another QB controversy at all costs. If Losman plays well against the Bungholes then he will most likely play again, if not then Trent Edwards is healthy again and he will resume his position as starting QB. You watch!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=138161

I knew this would happen immediately after that TD pass.

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I highly doubt Edwards will be back this week. Now what the hell are they going to do for a backup this week?

JJamezz
10-29-2007, 10:59 AM

Not to burst your 'I told ya so' bubble.. but, if Losman starts this week, it will be because Edwards truly is injured and can't go.

The Answer
10-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Let's hope he can play against the Bungles - our young leader is 3 - 1 as a starter and we need to keep the momentum going!!

~The Answer

Michael82
10-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I highly doubt Edwards will be back this week. Now what the hell are they going to do for a backup this week?
Gibran Hamdan :ill:

The last buffalo fan
10-29-2007, 11:14 AM

Let's sign the old Vinnie!!!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Gibran Hamdan :ill:

Gib ball baby, :ill:

Historian
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
It looked like Wire was suited up yesterday.

Didn't they put him on IR?

mybills
10-29-2007, 11:29 AM
I saw Wire fall on someone and I asked myself the same thing. I was surprised to see him.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 11:29 AM

It depends what type of sprain it is, looks like there are 3 types:

1) Mild (Grade I). There is tearing of some ligament fibres, but there is no loss of function.
2) Moderate (Grade II). There is partial rupture (severing) of a section of the ligament and a partial loss of function.
3) Severe (Grade III). There is complete rupture of the ligament or the ligament completely separates from its bony attachment. There is a total loss of function in severe Wrist Sprains.

Introduction
Wrist Sprain is a violent overstretching injury involving one or more of the ligaments in the wrist joint that can range in severity from the tearing of a few ligament fibres to complete rupture of the ligament.

About
The wrist ligaments join bones to other bones and provide stability and support to wrist joints. When a wrist ligament is overstretched, it can give way at its weakest point which can be where it attaches to a bone or within the ligament itself. Other tissues can be damaged at the same time, including blood vessels, tendons, muscles and bones. There are three types of Wrist Sprains, graded according to the severity of the injury:

The Answer
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
I saw Wire fall on someone and I asked myself the same thing. I was surprised to see him.

Quietly we are getting healthy with Ellison, Wire and soon Leonard and Denney getting back into the mix as well on a defense that is suddenly a force!!!

~The Answer

Yasgur's Farm
10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
It depends what type of sprain it is, looks like there are 3 types:

1) Mild (Grade I). There is tearing of some ligament fibres, but there is no loss of function.
2) Moderate (Grade II). There is partial rupture (severing) of a section of the ligament and a partial loss of function.
3) Severe (Grade III). There is complete rupture of the ligament or the ligament completely separates from its bony attachment. There is a total loss of function in severe Wrist Sprains.

Introduction
Wrist Sprain is a violent overstretching injury involving one or more of the ligaments in the wrist joint that can range in severity from the tearing of a few ligament fibres to complete rupture of the ligament.

About
The wrist ligaments join bones to other bones and provide stability and support to wrist joints. When a wrist ligament is overstretched, it can give way at its weakest point which can be where it attaches to a bone or within the ligament itself. Other tissues can be damaged at the same time, including blood vessels, tendons, muscles and bones. There are three types of Wrist Sprains, graded according to the severity of the injury:Sounds like a substantial injury when it involves a QB's throwing hand... No worries... JP will hold down the fort for Eddy. :angel:

bigbub2352
10-29-2007, 11:43 AM
On the throwing hand this injury depending on how bad could be a 3-4 week thing, if not serious or deep he can be playing wednesday, if it is bad JP will have hie audition either for the Bills or who he will be traded to in the offseason i am just hoping to get a franchise real QB out of the deal PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Sounds like a substantial injury when it involves a QB's throwing hand... No worries... JP will hold down the fort for Eddy. :angel:

Did you see the size of that icepack on his hand / wrist?? Man that thing was huge.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Did you see the size of that icepack on his hand / wrist?? Man that thing was huge.

No kidding. We should have gotten him back on the field so he could have taken some cheap shots at defenders with that giant, mega man, ice arm.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 11:49 AM
No kidding. We should have gotten him back on the field so he could have taken some cheap shots at defenders with that giant, mega man, ice arm.

Lol.

Mahdi
10-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I hope this is a 2 week injury or so. That way we can avoid controversy and give JP his last shot to prove this is his team as his team mates feel it is.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Not to burst your 'I told ya so' bubble.. but, if Losman starts this week, it will be because Edwards truly is injured and can't go.
true, true.

shelby
10-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Wire was not put on IR.

Historian
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
That's good because I thought he was lost for the season.

Michael82
10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I hope this is a 2 week injury or so. That way we can avoid controversy and give JP his last shot to prove this is his team as his team mates feel it is.
I agree with you. It gives JP one last chance to either prove the haters right or take his job back and help take this team to the playoffs. :pray:

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Wire was not put on IR.

Yeah and the way things look Poz will be ready to play before Wire would have been.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Of course we might win both games with JP getting 1 TD and 3 INTs and nothing will be decided.

acehole
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM

Right on!

streetkings01
10-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Did you see the size of that icepack on his hand / wrist?? Man that thing was huge.I was @ the game and thought he had a cast on!

Mahdi
10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Of course we might win both games with JP getting 1 TD and 3 INTs and nothing will be decided.
No I would say that JP would have to have solid performances. That means wins and production. Not necessarily 3TDs and 300 YPG but running a fluid offense and putting up points.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 01:10 PM

I don't buy that. If Losman starts this week, we'll be told that it's because Edwards is injured and can't play. The part about Edwards being injured may be true- as far as whether or not he can play, that's another story.

mybills
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
It sounds like I'm not alone in wondering if he's really injured.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's all a hoax out of coach desperation.
It's a scary thought, and not that I hope Trent is injured, but...:eek:

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 01:18 PM
It sounds like I'm not alone in wondering if he's really injured.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's all a hoax out of coach desperation.
It's a scary thought, and not that I hope Trent is injured, but...:eek:

I don't think it's a hoax- I think he's really injured. I just think there's a good chance that if they want to play Losman, they're exaggerating the extent of the injury so they don't have to publically say they're benching Edwards and hurt his confidence.

mybills
10-29-2007, 01:22 PM
You're probably right. I just wonder why nobody saw him holding his arm on the field at all. Nobody (including Trent) can say for sure how it happened. "I'll have to watch the film..maybe it was a helmet, or the way I landed on it" and when he was asked when it happened, "It was bothering me before that (sack or tackle?) so I'm not sure."
Talk about a conspiracy theory! :chuckle:

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 01:27 PM
You're probably right. I just wonder why nobody saw him holding his arm on the field at all. Nobody (including Trent) can say for sure how it happened. "I'll have to watch the film..maybe it was a helmet, or the way I landed on it" and when he was asked when it happened, "It was bothering me before that (sack or tackle?) so I'm not sure."
Talk about a conspiracy theory! :chuckle:

yeah the whole set up was bizarre. He didn't show any signs of being hurt on the field. The Bills go on D, and after they're on D for 5 or 6 plays and about to get the ball back, they FINALLY bring Trent to the locker room. If he had to go, they should have sent him in as soon as the O came off the field. Even the announcers commented on that.

Then, when he came back out, they said "If he can throw on the sidelines, he'll be back in the game next series." But then JP threw the bomb that should've been a TD but Parrish missed it, and the next time they show Edwards he had a huge ice pack on this throwing arm that the announcers didn't notice when he first came back out of the locker room?

There are definitely some aspects of that timeline that at least have to make you wonder- maybe there are legitimate reasons and maybe there aren't, but anyone with half a brain has to at least question it.

mybills
10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
This could be embarrassing head line news when enough people question it. :ill:

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Edwards took alot of shots and fell down more than a few times, odds are he is really hurting everywhere but the wrist hurt more.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Edwards took alot of shots and fell down more than a few times, odds are he is really hurting everywhere but the wrist hurt more.

because our idiot coaches let Revis get four or five clean shots at him before they started changing the blocking and throwing screens to the same side of the field to slow him down.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 01:38 PM
because our idiot coaches let Revis get four or five clean shots at him before they started changing the blocking and throwing screens to the same side of the field to slow him down.

I was thinking the same thing during the game, I am like let's set up a few screens over there and see how he does then.

mybills
10-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Exactly! Plus you can't expect a rookie to read the Blitz like a Veteran.

He did take a beating, but if his wrist was "sprained" he, like anyone else, would at least hold it at one point or another. Never saw him do that. :idunno:

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 02:36 PM

He did take a beating, but if his wrist was "sprained" he, like anyone else, would at least hold it at one point or another. Never saw him do that. :idunno:

It might of went numb at first as well and then they figured out what was wrong with it. I watched ML go into the locker room and come back out and put his helmet on and seeing TE put a hat on after coming back out was a bad sign.

acehole
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM

NO you guys expected he would read blitzes like a veteran. We thought he would struggle...not hoped he would thought he would which is why we wanted JP back.

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2007, 03:27 PM
How long does that injury take to heal?

Lecter should know, im sure he has sprained a wrist or two in all his years of... :snicker:

Well my daughter just sprained he wrist real bad in a basketball game, and she will have a cast on for 4 weeks, but she is 13, you would figure Edwards could cut that in half at least.

shelby
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah and the way things look Poz will be ready to play before Wire would have been.
Wire played on special teams yesterday.

Philagape
10-29-2007, 03:59 PM
yeah the whole set up was bizarre. He didn't show any signs of being hurt on the field. The Bills go on D, and after they're on D for 5 or 6 plays and about to get the ball back, they FINALLY bring Trent to the locker room. If he had to go, they should have sent him in as soon as the O came off the field. Even the announcers commented on that.

Then, when he came back out, they said "If he can throw on the sidelines, he'll be back in the game next series." But then JP threw the bomb that should've been a TD but Parrish missed it, and the next time they show Edwards he had a huge ice pack on this throwing arm that the announcers didn't notice when he first came back out of the locker room?

There are definitely some aspects of that timeline that at least have to make you wonder- maybe there are legitimate reasons and maybe there aren't, but anyone with half a brain has to at least question it.

I saw a TV report that said he stayed in after the injury occurred, and in hindsight that makes sense because there were two pretty bad incompletions on the next drive, uncharacteristic for Trent.

mybills
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
NO you guys expected he would read blitzes like a veteran. We thought he would struggle...not hoped he would thought he would which is why we wanted JP back.
You quoted me with a "You guys"? :rock: acehole

I don't expect any rookie to be able to read a blitz..that's something they have to learn. I've been patient with TE. I still haven't seen the talent these coaches keep talking about, though. :idunno:

John Doe
10-29-2007, 04:58 PM
You quoted me with a "You guys"? :rock: acehole

I don't expect any rookie to be able to read a blitz..that's something they have to learn. I've been patient with TE. I still haven't seen the talent these coaches keep talking about, though. :idunno:

In the Patriot's game JP took a huge hit on a corner blitz. Even veteren QBs don't see it coming all the time, particularly when the pattern is to the other side.

mybills
10-29-2007, 05:01 PM
That's also true, JDoe. Thus the rock because I would never say that/I'm not a "you". :;

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 05:06 PM
I saw a TV report that said he stayed in after the injury occurred, and in hindsight that makes sense because there were two pretty bad incompletions on the next drive, uncharacteristic for Trent.

I knew something went wrong, Trent didn't look as sharp as normal.

Meathead
10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
so if you happen to meet trent out someplace shake his hand reeally hard

mybills
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
so if you happen to meet trent out someplace shake his hand reeally hard
Crap, I can't rep you again so soon. :ill:

acehole
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I knew something went wrong, Trent didn't look as sharp as normal.

You are right...he was on par to throw a pick there......