PDA

View Full Version : We would have taken that deep shot with Edwards too

The Answer
10-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Why does is seem that some fans believe we called the deep throw to Evans just because Losman was the QB? We were going to go for the jugular regardless, that's why the corpse and his henchmen grinded it out for 3 quarters to set up that play.

It was a defensive battle and we called plays based on the way the game dictated the offense - particularly in the 2nd and 4th quarter when we weren't throwing against the wind. Furthermore that was a very risky throw that could have easily been intercepted.

The Answer gives Losman credit for coming in and managing the game and at least we know we have a reliable back up the rest of the season if we need him but any talk of a QB controversy is ludicrous. After all it was the lowly jets anyway.

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 11:10 AM
After all it was the lowly jets anyway.

~The Answer

The Bills have 2 of their 3 wins against those bums.

The sad thing is I have a funny feeling Miami is going to get their first win against us. This board will be rocking after that game.

The Answer
10-29-2007, 11:14 AM

The sad thing is I have a funny feeling Miami is going to get their first win against us. This board will be rocking after that game.

If Losman starts against the fish The Answer can see that happening - that team is downright pathetic and we would probably have to turn the ball over 8 times to even have a chance of losing.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 11:17 AM

I have seen Miami play, they suck. We're knocking them out.

The last buffalo fan
10-29-2007, 11:17 AM
After all it was the lowly jets anyway.

~The Answer

:rofl:

I'm glad we win, but please remember that TE won both games for us. :up:

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:24 AM
woulda, coulda, shoulda. :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
:rofl:

I'm glad we win, but please remember that TE won both games for us. :up:

That's ok, in JPs 4 years he has only won 8 games. 2 of them against the pathetic Dolphins. :up:

dannyek71
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Trent would have thrown that bomb, and it probably would have hit Jason Peters

The Answer
10-29-2007, 11:37 AM
That's ok, in JPs 4 years he has only won 8 games. 2 of them against the pathetic Dolphins. :up:

2 against the juggernaut Texans as well.

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
2 against the juggernaut Texans as well.

~The Answer
1 against these same pathetic Jets and 2 more against a bad Vikings and Packers team.

Plus 1 against the Jags.

Impressive resume.

raphael120
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Whatever, if we were going to call those passes with Edwards, how come we did it 3 times with JP in less than a quarter and threw deep with Edwards in there only 3 times through 3 games.

This coaching staff baffles me. You dont trust JP, so you put Edwards in...then you dont trust Edwards to throw the ball so you trust JP to throw it deep. WTF is going on!?

The Answer
10-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Whatever, if we were going to call those passes with Edwards, how come we did it 3 times with JP in less than a quarter and threw deep with Edwards in there only 3 times through 3 games.

This coaching staff baffles me. You dont trust JP, so you put Edwards in...then you dont trust Edwards to throw the ball so you trust JP to throw it deep. WTF is going on!?

We were going against the wind in the 1st and 3rd quarters and the game was being dictated by defense - in fact it was shaping up to be a 6 - 3 type of game until we made that very lucky play with Evans turning an INT into a TD - do you honestly think the coaching staff is that stupid to purposely call a different gameplan when Losman entered the game and precipitate a QB controversy?

Edwards is the starter, Losman is our backup - and he did what any backup should do in this league. Kerry Collins made a miraculous deep throw last week against the Texans to set up the winning points but is he still starting in TEN, no Vince Young is back - who had a horrible game too against the Raiders......

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Trent would have thrown that bomb, and it probably would have hit Jason Peters
:rofl: I mean hater :mad:

historypete
10-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Regardless of who the OB is, the offensive coaching and gameplanning by Fairchild is what is keeping this offense back. This guy is an idiot.

Raphel is right they are baffling and that is being nice. They have no clue when to be conservative and when to be aggressive. They run stupid plays at critical times, and then don't attack when they have the ball at midfield with 2 time-outs left. They are absolutely mind-boggling.

I have no doubt Trent has the arm strength to throw the deep ball, I saw it in Training Camp daily, but Fairchild is turning him into a Kelly Holcomb clone for some reason. Then they put JP in the game and its bombs away, with two deep passes in five attempts. I've been saying this since the first week, they should run 3 and 4 wide sets only. This double TE thing doesn't work here because they are incapable of making a play farther than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. By spreading the field they can get more room for Marshawn to operate, and the recievers can use their quickness and speed to separate from the DB's. But no, we only run the same crap because as we all know IT IS SO EFFECTIVE.

Quickly, because I'm getting angry, last week Jaruon said in his PC after the Baltimore game they didn't do things on offense because Baltimore's defense didn't dictate what they could do. This is the exact problem with Jauron and Fairchild. They let the defense dictate their playcalling rather than vice versa. Do you think Indy or NE or GB or Dallas or any other decent offense succeeds because they are letting the opponents defense dictate their method of attack?????? Of course they don't. THis is why our HC and OC play not to lose rather than to win.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Rob Johnson would've thrown that deep ball too if he threw them with his strong arm. :rolleyes: Instead he either took a sack or dumped off to his checkdown Larry Centers. At least dumping off to Centers contolled the clock and improved RJ's completion percentage. :shakeno:

You can add Rob Johnson to why did we get rid of him list.

The Answer
10-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Regardless of who the OB is, the offensive coaching and gameplanning by Fairchild is what is keeping this offense back. This guy is an idiot.

Raphel is right they are baffling and that is being nice. They have no clue when to be conservative and when to be aggressive. They run stupid plays at critical times, and then don't attack when they have the ball at midfield with 2 time-outs left. They are absolutely mind-boggling.

I have no doubt Trent has the arm strength to throw the deep ball, I saw it in Training Camp daily, but Fairchild is turning him into a Kelly Holcomb clone for some reason. Then they put JP in the game and its bombs away, with two deep passes in five attempts. I've been saying this since the first week, they should run 3 and 4 wide sets only. This double TE thing doesn't work here because they are incapable of making a play farther than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. By spreading the field they can get more room for Marshawn to operate, and the recievers can use their quickness and speed to separate from the DB's. But no, we only run the same crap because as we all know IT IS SO EFFECTIVE.

Quickly, because I'm getting angry, last week Jaruon said in his PC after the Baltimore game they didn't do things on offense because Baltimore's defense didn't dictate what they could do. This is the exact problem with Jauron and Fairchild. They let the defense dictate their playcalling rather than vice versa. Do you think Indy or NE or GB or Dallas or any other decent offense succeeds because they are letting the opponents defense dictate their method of attack?????? Of course they don't. THis is why our HC and OC play not to lose rather than to win.

Fairchild is gone after the season is over unless we start scoring points - if we somehow make the playoffs unfortunaely he will will be back.

The Corpse knows defense - but you have to believe he has had his hand in the inept offensive gameplanning because during his tenure in chicago the Bears struggled mightily as well despite their strong defenses year after year.

~The Answer

historypete
10-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Even if Jauron doesn't have his hand in the offense, which I think he does, he is still to blame because he allows this crap to continue. That makes him just as guilty as Fairchild.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Even if Jauron doesn't have his hand in the offense, which I think he does, he is still to blame because he allows this crap to continue. That makes him just as guilty as Fairchild.

Tom Clemens and Kevin Gilbride are starting to look like geniuses compared to Fairchild.

Mad Bomber
10-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Tom Clemens and Kevin Gilbride are starting to look like geniuses compared to Fairchild.
Sad but true.