PDA

View Full Version : Justa this is for you!! Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:21 AM ET

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 11:18 AM
JUST AN OBSERVATION ON THE QBS: It was interesting to see how willing the offensive staff was to throw downfield with J.P. Losman in the game. It's obviously one of Losman's greatest assets, so its admirable that they took advantage of it. I just wonder why there were fewer instances where they asked Trent Edwards to do the same thing in the time he was in the game.
With the wind at his back in the second quarter Edwards had 12 pass attempts on three possessions. He went 6-12 with an interception. The longest completion was 14 yards.

Circumstances in the game at the time certainly played a part in that short passing game approach. The Jets were bringing noticeably more pressure at Edwards than they had in the first meeting. A lot of those throws were hurried.

By no means does it mean Edwards is incapable of throwing deep. His arm is certainly strong enough to do so, but as a rookie taking risks at the right time is something that is learned.

“There were swirling winds up there and early in the game you have to get adjusted to what they’re doing,” said Edwards. “You’ve got to know when to and when not to take your shots.”

Losman wasn’t in the game for more than five plays before they took a shot deep to Roscoe Parrish INTO the wind near the end of the third quarter.
That was followed by two more long passes to Evans with the wind. One set up the go-ahead field goal and the other was the lone touchdown in the game.
Just thought that was interesting to note.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
IN TRENT I TRUST!

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 11:21 AM
JUST AN OBSERVATION ON THE QBS: It was interesting to see how willing the offensive staff was to throw downfield with J.P. Losman in the game. It's obviously one of Losman's greatest assets, so its admirable that they took advantage of it. I just wonder why there were fewer instances where they asked Trent Edwards to do the same thing in the time he was in the game.
With the wind at his back in the second quarter Edwards had 12 pass attempts on three possessions. He went 6-12 with an interception. The longest completion was 14 yards.

Circumstances in the game at the time certainly played a part in that short passing game approach. The Jets were bringing noticeably more pressure at Edwards than they had in the first meeting. A lot of those throws were hurried.

By no means does it mean Edwards is incapable of throwing deep. His arm is certainly strong enough to do so, but as a rookie taking risks at the right time is something that is learned.

“There were swirling winds up there and early in the game you have to get adjusted to what they’re doing,” said Edwards. “You’ve got to know when to and when not to take your shots.”

Losman wasn’t in the game for more than five plays before they took a shot deep to Roscoe Parrish INTO the wind near the end of the third quarter.
That was followed by two more long passes to Evans with the wind. One set up the go-ahead field goal and the other was the lone touchdown in the game.

Evans played harder for JP, i'm sure of it.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Losman had a real nice punt in the 4th quarter.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:23 AM

Chris Brown can say whatever he wants . The players are saying something different . Who knows what the FO is feeding Brown. This team is a mess.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm over the continous threads about his inability to throw the ball deep.

He has a very strong arm so the comparison to Holcomb is ridiculous.

He's a rookie learning on the fly and is trying not to make mistakes which are inevitable with his develpoment curve. He's at least trying to pick his spots. The long ball will come.

JP likes to heave the ball because that's what he's comfortable with. The problem is he still can't throw a simple screen pass after 4 years.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm over the continous threads about his inability to throw the ball deep.

He has a very strong arm so the comparison to Holcomb is ridiculous.

He's a rookie learning on the fly and is trying not to make mistakes which are inevitable with his develpoment curve. He's at least trying to pick his spots. The long ball will come.

JP likes to heave the ball because that's what he's comfortable with. The problem is he still can't throw a simple screen pass after 4 years.No one is saying he can't throw deep. It's just that he isn't and when he does he get's intercepted. FACTS!!

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:27 AM
JP likes to heave the ball because that's what he's comfortable with. The problem is he still can't throw a simple screen pass after 4 years. JP's deep ball to evans was awful, a stupid decision that turned out great because of a solid play by evans. I saw nothing yesterday that puts JP back in the race for the number one spot. When the coaches take the training wheels off of edwards he'll be fine.

Yasgur's Farm
10-29-2007, 11:28 AM

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1Just gives me more reason to think that the decisions are coming from Ralph. It seems the players and coaches are in JP's corner... otherwise how do you explain 3 of 5 passing plays went vertical... 2 against the wind.

JP didn't have to feel out the swirling wimds.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Chris Brown can say whatever he wants . The players are saying something different . This team is a mess.

That's what locker room cancer's do to a team.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
That's what locker room cancer's do to a team.

cancers are a reflection of the FO and coaching staff. Thanks. for pointing that out.

Yasgur's Farm
10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
JP gets injurred, gets benched, prepares as a starter, wins game coming off the bench... BUT HE'S A CANCER???

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:33 AM
JP gets injurred, gets benched, prepares as a starter, wins game coming off the bench... BUT HE'S A CANCER!!!Cancer no, lucky as hell, YES.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
JP gets injurred, gets benched, prepares as a starter, wins game coming off the bench... BUT HE'S A CANCER!!!

Can we stay on topic?

JP's not a cancer and Trent can throw the deep ball.

The Answer
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Evans played harder for JP, i'm sure of it.

Not really sure about that Scoob - Evans had a good week last week with Edwards and was having a decent game as well against the Jets.

That deep ball could have easily been intercepted and too assume that Evans wouldn't have made that same effort to yank the ball away from the jets defenders if Edwards had thrown it is just a conspiracy theory.

It's nice to see Evans getting on track though - he needs to have big games from here on out if this offense is going to kick it up another notch and start scoring some points!

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Cancer no, lucky as hell, YES.
I'll take lucky over 1 td and 5 ints.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Can we stay on topic?

JP's not a cancer and Trent can throw the deep ball.

When JP is the source of an article about how money has to do with his benching then he is indeed a cancer.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Just gives me more reason to think that the decisions are coming from Ralph. It seems the players and coaches are in JP's corner... otherwise how do you explain 3 of 5 passing plays went vertical... 2 against the wind.

JP didn't have to feel out the swirling wimds.

If you want to argue that if a rookie is uncomfortable with all facets of the game than why start him over a vet? I agree.

But JP's pass yesterday could have easily been a pick for 7 going the other way. That was a great catch on a horrible throw. JP continues to show me very little.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:38 AM
When JP is the source of an article about how money has to do with his benching then he is indeed a cancer.
who was the cancer . Mualrkey/TD or Moulds and vets? :idunno:

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I'll take lucky over 1 td and 5 ints. Then just wait till losman makes that throw against a team that doesn't have special ed corner backs. If losman makes that throw against New England its seven the other way. Becareful what you wish for. You bash edwards for his bad decisions, yet Edwards has made more smart decisions with the football then Losman has ever made in his entire career.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Then just wait till losman makes that throw against a team that doesn't have special ed corner backs..
I don't have to wait. I see that already when Trent throws. 1 TD 5 int's. At the rate he's going, he's gonna look worse than JP's rookie year under Moolarkey. Then we'll be asking , "why did we get rid of JP again?" just like I'm already asking why we got rid of Holcomb.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't have to wait. I see that already when Trent throws.

Can you post a link please to this? Thanks.

Look up the stats. week 17 last year and you will read McAlister picking off Losman for a Touchdown.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't have to wait. I see that already when Trent throws. It easier to accept mistakes from a ROOKIE, then a four year vet. As far as im concerned both qbs made a bad decision yesterday. Put the blinders on if you want.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM

Look up the stats. week 17 last year and you will read McAlister picking off Losman for a Touchdown.
1 TD 5 int's . Nuff said. You'd be laughing your ass off if those nos. were JPs. But snce it's not JPs, you're full of excuses. You're making excuses for Trent just like JPD did for him.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM

Look up the stats. week 17 last year and you will read McAlister picking off Losman for a Touchdown. A pick to Dunta Robinson against the Texans for a td, before losman had to lead that comeback.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:47 AM
1 TD 5 int's . Nuff said. You'd be laughing your ass off if those nos. were JPs. But snce it's not JPs, you're full of excuses. You're making excuses for Trent just like JPD did for him. whats his record as a starter?

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:49 AM
It easier to accept mistakes from a ROOKIE, then a four year vet. As far as im concerned both qbs made a bad decision yesterday. Put the blinders on if you want.I have the blinder? You'er the one making excuses for 1 TD 5 INT's. Until then, he's not even better than Holcomb.

Maybe with eperience , TE will get better and he'll be the next Holcomb. Why did we get rid of Holcomb again?

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 11:50 AM
1 TD 5 int's . Nuff said. You'd be laughing your ass off if those nos. were JPs. But snce it's not JPs, you're full of excuses. You're making excuses for Trent just like JPD did for him.

Trent needs to improve, no excuses about it. If he wants to improve on his 3-1 record he has to start leading this team to some touchdowns.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:50 AM
whats his record as a starter?

2-1 , thanks to the D bailing his ass.

I left out the Pats game and yesterdays game because it's up for argument.

Yasgur's Farm
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
JP came off the bench 2 years ago and won a game vs KC... Holcomb got credit for it.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:54 AM
2-1 , thanks to the D bailing his ass.

I left out the Pats game and yesterdays game because it's up for argument. Still better then JP's

mchurchfie
10-29-2007, 11:55 AM
It saves face for him instead of his inabilities on the field being the real reason he is riding the pine.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Trent needs to improve, no excuses about it. If he wants to improve on his 3-1 record he has to start leading this team to some touchdowns.
exactly. I agree. 3-1 record? :rofl: Talk about misleading stats.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
It saves face for him instead of his inabilities on the field being the real reason he is riding the pine.
so whats' saving TE ? CLock control?

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I have the blinder? You'er the one making excuses for 1 TD 5 INT's. Until then, he's not even better than Holcomb.

Maybe with eperience , TE will get better and he'll be the next Holcomb. Why did we get rid of Holcomb again? Any more players with 10 years in the league you want to say are better then the rookie? Bottom line he's better then the guy on our team who has 4 years.

mchurchfie
10-29-2007, 11:57 AM
It easier to accept mistakes from a ROOKIE, then a four year vet. As far as im concerned both qbs made a bad decision yesterday. Put the blinders on if you want.
I'm willing to have patience and give TE half the chances they have given JP so far.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
so whats' saving TE ? CLock control? its helps keeps that wonderful band of misfits we call our Defense fresh so they can can continue to surprise the football world.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Any more players with 10 years in the league you want to say are better then the rookie? Bottom line he's better then the guy on our team who has 4 years.The stats don't show it. As a matter of fact, the D bailed his ass once and Jp bailed his ass yersterday. We're winning INSPITE of him.

Nevermind the stats but but vets seem to disagree with you too.

mchurchfie
10-29-2007, 11:59 AM
so whats' saving TE ? CLock control?
He doesn't need to at this point. He's a rookie and they are giving him chances to fail and succeed just like they did JP for over three years.;)

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
exactly. I agree. 3-1 record? :rofl: Talk about misleading stats.

I know, if it wasn't for the Defense and Special teams blowing an 8 point lead with 20 seconds left against Dallas, it would be 4-0. :up:

The last buffalo fan
JP's deep ball to evans was awful, a stupid decision that turned out great because of a solid play by evans. I saw nothing yesterday that puts JP back in the race for the number one spot. When the coaches take the training wheels off of edwards he'll be fine.

"It is a touchdown!!!!! Once again, the long distance conection between the Buffalo Bills young super stars works!!!! Touchdown Bills, touchdown Buffalo!!!"

:snicker:

justasportsfan
Still better then JP's
thanks to the D and ST winning those games.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 12:01 PM
its helps keeps that wonderful band of misfits we call our Defense fresh so they can can continue to surprise the football world.

that doesn't matter to justa.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
that doesn't matter to justa.

Our D stops O's, our O controls the clock. If that continues, maybe we'll win a sb in our dreams.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
The stats don't show it. As a matter of fact, the D bailed his ass once and Jp bailed his ass yersterday. We're winning INSPITE of him.

Nevermind the stats but but vets seem to disagree with you too. JP didn't do anything to bail his ass out. So this defense that is bailing TE out wasn't the same defense that JP started the year with. Its amazing Justa that every time another unit does well under TE you discount it for JP. Last week "well the offensive line is playing better for TE, but it played crappy for JP." This week its well the defense is bailing out TE, but it sucked for JP. And you say we are making excuses.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Our D stops O's, our O controls the clock. If that continues, maybe we'll win a sb in our dreams. Many coaches call that a formula for success.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
JP didn't do anything to bail his ass out. So this defense that is bailing TE out wasn't the same defense that JP started the year with. Its amazing Justa that every time another unit does well under TE you discount it for JP. Last week "well the offensive line is playing better for TE, but it played crappy for JP." This week its well the defense is bailing out TE, but it sucked for JP. And you say we are making excuses.

What's amazing is that you homers make it look like Trent is the next coming of Kelly . Well you guys are half right, he's done nothing but look like a INT prone Kelly Holcomb.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
"It is a touchdown!!!!! Once again, the long distance conection between the Buffalo Bills young super stars works!!!! Touchdown Bills, touchdown Buffalo!!!"

:snicker: The play angers me every time i see. Horrible throw.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Many coaches call that a formula for success.

:rofl: Yeah, Maybe if the coaches name is Dick.

billsburgh
10-29-2007, 12:07 PM
you dont know that, you're drawing your own conclusions.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:08 PM
What's amazing is that you homers make it look like Trent is the next coming of Kelly . Well you guys are half right, he's done nothing but look like a INT prone Kelly Holcomb. Wow, thats the best you can come up with?

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
What's amazing is that you homers make it look like Trent is the next coming of Kelly . Well you guys are half right, he's done nothing but look like a INT prone Kelly Holcomb.

That is unture. Myself and many other Pro-Edwards fans have said TE has made many mistakes. And will continue to make mistakes. That is what happens with rookie QBs.

We don't compare Trent to guys like Montana, Favre, Elway, Young, Kelly, like the JPF does with Losman.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow, thats the best you can come up with?
it's better than 1 TD and 5 int's.

BTW, you're not doing a good enough job with coming up for excuses for Trent. You might want to google more excuses.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:12 PM
:rofl: Yeah, Maybe if the coaches name is Dick.No try Ditka, 85 bears Great D, very average o. 2002 Ravens Great D, average o. By no means am i comparing our bills to any of these teams, but i am defending the idea that teams can win in this league by stopping the other teams offense and controlling the clock.

TacklingDummy
you dont know that, you're drawing your own conclusions.

Really?

"A source close to J.P. Losman says he was told the quarterback was kept on the bench after returning from a knee injury in favor of rookie Trent Edwards because Bills owner Ralph Wilson wanted to save money "

justasportsfan
That is unture. Myself and many other Pro-Edwards fans have said TE has made many mistakes.
aha! The truth comes out. You're a Trent Li-cker. You sure have a bad taste in qb's because if this continues, Trent wil have a far worse rookie year than JP and yet you're a JP hater and a Trent fan.

Oh well.

billsburgh
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Really?

"A source close to J.P. Losman says he was told the quarterback was kept on the bench after returning from a knee injury in favor of rookie Trent Edwards because Bills owner Ralph Wilson wanted to save money "
exactly, this doesn't mean it came from JP.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:15 PM

BTW, you're not doing a good enough job with coming up for excuses for Trent. You might want to google more excuses. Next time if someone disagrees with you maybe you should pull their hair, because that would be more effective then your JP excuses. They made me laught, but in the end its better then your team is winning despite trent theory.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 12:16 PM
aha! The truth comes out. You're a Trent Li-cker. You sure have a bad taste in qb's because if this continues, Trent wil have a far worse rookie year than JP and yet you're a JP hater and a Trent fan.

Oh well.

I support winning. And that is what the Bills are doing under Trent Edwards. Sure he doesn't have the glamour stats. and has struggled at time. But this fan cares about winning.

And if Trent starts leading us to losses like JP has done for 4 years then I will want him kicked to the curb also.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:17 PM

Oh well. What? JP's was horrible in rookie year and he had a far better team around him. Try again.

TacklingDummy
exactly, this doesn't mean it came from JP.

:lol: I have some nice beach front property in Montana if you would like to buy it.

justasportsfan
No try Ditka, 85 bears Great D, very average o. 2002 Ravens Great D, average o. By no means am i comparing our bills to any of these teams, but i am defending the idea that teams can win in this league by stopping the other teams offense and controlling the clock.
You're missing something, we don't have the bears D . We don't even have the qb they had that didnn't throw INT's. Trent isn't even as good as Dilfer in the INT department.

Maybe we should trade JP for Dilfer and Dilfer can teach TE how to be a caretaker. :puke:

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Next time if someone disagrees with you maybe you should pull their hair, because that would be more effective then your JP excuses. They made me laught, but in the end its better then your team is winning despite trent theory.
haha1 YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING EXCUSES FOR 1 td 5 intS.

billsburgh
10-29-2007, 12:20 PM
:lol: I have some nice beach front property in Montana if you would like to buy it.
maybe someone else on the team is drawing their own conclustions like you are.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:21 PM
You're missing something, we don't have the bears D . We don't even have the qb they had that didnn't throw INT's. Trent isn't even as good as Dilfer in the INT department.

Maybe we should trade JP for Dilfer and Dilfer can teach TE how to be a caretaker. :puke: You said we can't win a superbowl under that way of thinking, i have shown that teams have. bottomline TE is a care taker this year and that excites me because he's a rookie. He has the physical tools and the BRAINS to become a great player in this league. To judge him after 4 games is unintelligent. I have made my decision on JP based on 4 years of being below average play.

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 12:24 PM
haha1 YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING EXCUSES FOR 1 td 5 intS. He's a rookie making mistakes in his 4th game in the league but he's winning and played better then the 4th year player. I have acknowledged many times he's made mistakes i expect him to make more. But i feel JP has had his chance and he is not the answer at qb.

Wys Guy
10-29-2007, 12:29 PM

It ain't gonna get any less "swirling" as the season progresses.

BTW, are the JP haters cutting Losman the same slack for his underthrown ball that they cut Edwards or cut Bledsoe in the past?

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 12:32 PM
maybe someone else on the team is drawing their own conclustions like you are.

Someone who is close to JP Losman you mean? And where would that other person on the team get that from?

Wys Guy
10-29-2007, 12:33 PM
You said we can't win a superbowl under that way of thinking, i have shown that teams have. bottomline TE is a care taker this year and that excites me because he's a rookie. He has the physical tools and the BRAINS to become a great player in this league. To judge him after 4 games is unintelligent. I have made my decision on JP based on 4 years of being below average play.

By season, can you name the starts that JP has had please?

I have 3 starts this year, only two where he played much beyond the first few snaps.

16 last season.

8 in '05 with two of those disrupted.

None in his rookie season.

So, in four seasons, I have him starting and finishing 24 games.

Correct, incorrect?

If correct, are you satisfied with Edwards getting 24 starts, now only 21 more discounting this past one in which he didn't start and finish, prior to coming to a full and conclusive determination on him?

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 12:33 PM
It ain't gonna get any less "swirling" as the season progresses.

BTW, are the JP haters cutting Losman the same slack for his underthrown ball that they cut Edwards or cut Bledsoe in the past?

I didn't realize JP was throwing that ball into the wind so I'll cut him some slack but maybe he would have been smarter not to throw it. He got lucky on the completion.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 12:35 PM
By season, can you name the starts that JP has had please?

I have 3 starts this year, only two where he played much beyond the first few snaps.

16 last season.

8 in '05 with two of those disrupted.

None in his rookie season.

So, in four seasons, I have him starting and finishing 24 games.

Correct, incorrect?

If correct, are you satisfied with Edwards getting 24 starts, now only 21 more discounting this past one in which he didn't start and finish, prior to coming to a full and conclusive determination on him?

Do your math again.

Even with what you said, 2+16+8= doesn't equal 24.

Unless you are trying to discredit 2 of JPs losses that he played into the 4th QTR. his second year.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 12:39 PM
How many starts did Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson, Todd Collins, Ryan Leaf, Jim Drunkemiller, Akili Smith get to prove themselves?

Tatonka
10-29-2007, 12:45 PM
JP likes to heave the ball because that's what he's comfortable with. The problem is he still can't throw a simple screen pass after 4 years.

thats weird because the first completion of the game was a toss to the TE in the flat.. it went for 9 yards.

gr8slayer
10-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Great, so he's scared to throw it deep. Just what we need.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:50 PM
You said we can't win a superbowl under that way of thinking, i have shown that teams have. bottomline TE is a care taker this year and that excites me because he's a rookie. He has the physical tools and the BRAINS to become a great player in this league. To judge him after 4 games is unintelligent. I have made my decision on JP based on 4 years of being below average play.
we can't. You're dreaming if this D will ever be like those D's. Besides, Who the hell wants and caretaker of a qb. You're right, TE is a caretaker. Maybe when he grows up he'll be as good as Holcomb.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Great, so he's scared to throw it deep. Just what we need.
Rob Johnson.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 12:56 PM

4 games.

4 years.

Different set of standards.

acehole
10-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Sorry whhaaa whaa the wind is no excuse and niether is the rookie card can't use it...remember he is allready better then JP.

The guys that are using the wind as excuse are the same guys complaining that JP underthrew an 85 yard pass 6 inches. Besides I said most of this last night.

Good post though.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
4 games.

4 years.

Different set of standards.
exactly. Do you want to compare JP's rookie year then to TE's? So far 1 TD 5 int's isn't looking to good for TE.

Like I siad, with experience he may cut down those INT's and we have Holcomb.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 01:22 PM
exactly. Do you want to compare JP's rookie year then to TE's? So far 1 TD 5 int's isn't looking to good for TE.

It is an apples to oranges comparison because JP only had 5 attempts in his rookie year and then had another year (including mini camps, camp, preseason) before getting another set of snaps.

But if you want to stretch it and try to compare...

</PRE>TE:

| 2007 buf | 5 | 80 121 66.1 790 1 5

JP:

| 2004 buf | 4 | 3 5 60.0 32 6.4 0 1 |
| 2005 buf | 9 | 113 228 49.6 1340 5.9 8 8

So, TE has a 66.1 completion, 790 yds, 1TD and 5 INTs through 5 games.

JP had a 60% completion, 32 yds, 0 TD and 1 INT through 5 attempts over 4 games so you need to extrapolate to the next set of games where his comp % was 49.6% w/ 8TDs and 8 INTs. I don't have the breakdown of the actual games to know how those TDs/INTs were distributed but let's face it - JP wasn't exactly blowing the doors off. Not until 2006 - his third year - did he have more TDs than INTs. And still, even last year, we went 6-10 and he wasn't leading this team to victories.

Trent, for all the blah blah blah and other variables (to which all QBs are under) is a winning QB in his rookie season as a starter.

Is TE the answer? Who the #&*^ knows. He's a rook and only has 4 games as a starter under his belt. But, in my *subjective* opinion, he looks like he has more upside given his composure in the pocket. Thus I'd like to see him continue to play for the rest of this year and the next to see what the kid's got. JP got his chance - time for someone else.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:27 PM
It is an apples to oranges comparison because JP only had 5 attempts in his rookie year and then had another year (including mini camps, camp, preseason) before getting another set of snaps.

But if you want to stretch it and try to compare...

</PRE>TE:

| 2007 buf | 5 | 80 121 66.1 790 1 5

JP:

| 2004 buf | 4 | 3 5 60.0 32 6.4 0 1 |
| 2005 buf | 9 | 113 228 49.6 1340 5.9 8 8

So, TE has a 66.1 completion, 790 yds, 1TD and 5 INTs through 5 games.

JP had a 60% completion, 32 yds, 0 TD and 1 INT through 5 attempts over 4 games so you need to extrapolate to the next set of games where his comp % was 49.6% w/ 8TDs and 8 INTs. I don't have the breakdown of the actual games to know how those TDs/INTs were distributed but let's face it - JP wasn't exactly blowing the doors off. Not until 2006 - his third year - did he have more TDs than INTs. And still, even last year, we went 6-10 and he wasn't leading this team to victories.

Trent, for all the blah blah blah and other variables (to which all QBs are under) is a winning QB in his rookie season as a starter.

Is TE the answer? Who the #&*^ knows. He's a rook and only has 4 games as a starter under his belt. But, in my *subjective* opinion, he looks like he has more upside given his composure in the pocket. Thus I'd like to see him continue to play for the rest of this year and the next to see what the kid's got. JP got his chance - time for someone else.
Oh so now it's apples to oranges ? I actually said that several times when TDummy tried to use Trent nos. vs. JP's :D

They both had different coaches and players.

Under Fairchild however, JP has a huge lead if you're going to use last years stats. If you want to bring the "rookie" card then don't compare.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh so now it's apples to oranges ? I actually said that several times when TDummy tried to use Trent nos. vs. JP's :D

They both had different coaches and players.

Under Fairchild however, JP has a huge lead if you're going to use last years stats. If you want to bring the "rookie" card then don't compare.

You are the one who said to compare "rookie stats" - I never said that was a valid measurement.

BUT, you absolutely can judge a 4 game rook vs. a 4 year vet differently. With the rook, you have NO idea what he can do at that point and need to cut the guy the rookie slack. With the 4 year vet, that slack is no longer applicable. Ouside of the 5 INTs you love to bring up, TE has also strung together some impressive clock eating drives and has shown poise in the pocket. That, in my book, is a solid foundation from which to build upon.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:48 PM
You are the one who said to compare "rookie stats" - I never said that was a valid measurement.

BUT, you absolutely can judge a 4 game rook vs. a 4 year vet differently. With the rook, you have NO idea what he can do at that point and need to cut the guy the rookie slack. With the 4 year vet, that slack is no longer applicable. Ouside of the 5 INTs you love to bring up, TE has also strung together some impressive clock eating drives and has shown poise in the pocket. That, in my book, is a solid foundation from which to build upon.

I wanted to judge rookie for rookie year but even that is not possible because it apples and ornages. You also can't compare 4 years to Trent because Trent hasn't been here for 4 years.

The only thing we can do is compare both qb's after Trent has had 1 yhear under Fairchild. That way they both played with the same team and coaches. Right now, it's looking bad for Trent. It's not Trents fault, just like Jp's mistakes were not his. It becoming apparent it was the coaches.

Wys Guy
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I didn't realize JP was throwing that ball into the wind so I'll cut him some slack but maybe he would have been smarter not to throw it. He got lucky on the completion.

And last year then, with pretty much 6 or 7 of his passes similar in this way?

Good then last year, or more lucky?

I vote the latter, with the exception that Evans is incredibly underrated to be able to adjust the way he did last season. Too bad he's outta here either after this season or next.

Wys Guy
10-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Sorry whhaaa whaa the wind is no excuse and niether is the rookie card can't use it...remember he is allready better then JP.

How do you measure "better" acehole?

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
The only thing we can do is compare both qb's after Trent has had 1 yhear under Fairchild.

In order for that to happen, he needs to stay the starter.

Right now, it's looking bad for Trent.

3-1 as a starter - not sure I would say it is looking bad for him, regardless of the INTs. You still have to move the chains, which is what he's done pretty well at.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
In order for that to happen, he needs to stay the starter..
Great so Fairchild can ruin another Qb's career.

3-1 as a starter - not sure I would say it is looking bad for him, . for those of us who watch the games know 3-1 inspite of him. BTW, he's 3 because JP bailed his ass out. Again, those of us who watch the games know better.

You can fool the national media however into thinkng the team went 3-1 BECAUSE of him. What do they know?

Ed
10-29-2007, 02:51 PM
If you want to argue that if a rookie is uncomfortable with all facets of the game than why start him over a vet? I agree.

But JP's pass yesterday could have easily been a pick for 7 going the other way. That was a great catch on a horrible throw. JP continues to show me very little.

JP showed you very little? He only played a quarter and still managed to lead two scoring drives for 10 points. He didn't turn the ball over and didn't take any sacks. What are you so umimpressed with? Losman did exactly what we needed him to do in that situation. Score some points to give us the lead and not turn the ball over. Just because you don't want him to start doesn't mean you can't give him credit for playing well. Not to mention he had a perfect deep throw to Roscoe that was dropped. If he makes that catch, we probably score a TD on that drive, and the throw to Evans never even happens.

I've gotta say, I don't think I've ever seen a QB critisized so much by his own fans for completing an 85 yard TD pass.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 02:57 PM
I've gotta say, I don't think I've ever seen a QB critisized so much by his own fans for completing an 85 yard TD pass.

that's because some of his former fans pulled a Judas on his ass. They'd rather be right about Trent than see JP succeed.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 03:11 PM
JP showed you very little? He only played a quarter and still managed to lead two scoring drives for 10 points. He didn't turn the ball over and didn't take any sacks. What are you so umimpressed with? Losman did exactly what we needed him to do in that situation. Score some points to give us the lead and not turn the ball over. Just because you don't want him to start doesn't mean you can't give him credit for playing well. Not to mention he had a perfect deep throw to Roscoe that was dropped. If he makes that catch, we probably score a TD on that drive, and the throw to Evans never even happens.

Trent's not my boy and neither is JP.

If JP has to play against Cincy and plays well and continues to play well I'll be very excited about that.

The problem is that JP shouldn't have put me here in the first place.

But don't act like JP came out and earned his job back after Sunday's game. He didn't.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:14 PM
If JP has to play against Cincy and plays well and continues to play well I'll be very excited about that.

I would hate that. That would make it clearer that our FO F'ed up as badly if not worse than Moolarkey and Wade combined. I would rather move on with the Trent Experiment.

acehole
10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
whats his record as a starter?

Same as Lee Evans and Jason Peters and Donte Whitner and D Juron....should we dump then for second stringers?

Very weak response.

acehole
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
How do you measure "better" acehole?

Able to make any throw on the field..low INT's to TD ratio...more experience to read blitzs and can make good plays on the run. Better QB rating.Can hit evans,Parrish and reed for a long one from everywhere on the field. I dont want to blow this year waiting for T Edwards to get "it" while all of our better players get that much older....sorry the constant rebuiding must stop!

Ed
10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Trent's not my boy and neither is JP.

The problem is that JP shouldn't have put me here in the first place.

But don't act like JP came out and earned his job back after Sunday's game. He didn't.

I don't think JP earned his job back either. To be honest, even if he plays well I don't think he'll ever get it back. I think the front office has made their choice for the future and Losman playing well will only make him better trade bait. Plus I don't think Edwards will be out long enough for JP to really prove anything. Even if he gets the next two starts and plays really well people will just say it was against lousy opponents so it doesn't mean anything.

I just think players should get credit where credit is due. JP came in and played pretty good and we got the win, so we should all be happy about it. Nothing more nothing less. It just seems like some fans would rather not see JP play well or not give him any credit at all as if it somehow hurts the team.

Just for the record, Trent or JP aren't my boys either. As far as I'm concerned, they're both Buffalo Bills, they both want to play, and they both want to win.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:37 PM

Just for the record, Trent or JP aren't my boys either. As far as I'm concerned, they're both Buffalo Bills, they both want to play, and they both want to win.
this is why I struggle. I find myself blasting Edwards against those who make him look like he's heaven sent or is the 2nd coming of Kelly also against those who think JP was the problem when it fact it's turning out the coaches are.

They are both bills players. Neither are the enemy.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 03:41 PM
I would hate that. That would make it clearer that our FO F'ed up as badly if not worse than Moolarkey and Wade combined. I would rather move on with the Trent Experiment.

I don't think they screwed up at all. Putting JP back in would have been a mistake. Trent has done well enough to put 3 "W"s on the board.

If the front office is wrong than JP should be able to prove it convincingly on Sunday against Cincy.

Ed
10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
this is why I struggle. I find myself blasting Edwards against those who make him look like he's heaven sent or is the 2nd coming of Kelly also against those who think JP was the problem when it fact it's turning out the coaches are.

They are both bills players. Neither are the enemy.
Exactly. Why the need to pick sides and blast the other guy?

Philagape
10-29-2007, 03:44 PM

Evans said it was WITH the wind.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:44 PM
this is what I mean by my prior post in reply to ED......
I don't think they screwed up at all. Putting JP back in would have been a mistake. Trent has done well enough to put 3 "W"s on the board..

NO, Trent Ewards has played well enough to NOT LOSE THE GAMES. He didn't play well to put the "W " on the board. The D and the ST did that.

Give credit to those who deserve the credit. Sheez.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 03:51 PM
this is what I mean by my prior post in reply to ED......

NO, Trent Ewards has played well enough to NOT LOSE THE GAMES. He didn't play well to put the "W " on the board. The D and the ST did that.

Give credit to those who deserve the credit. Sheez.

You realize that the O has been scoring more points with Edwards under center and have been winning the time of possession battle?

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:56 PM
You realize that the O has been scoring more points with Edwards under center and have been winning the time of possession battle? Haha!. It's kinda hard to believe that when JP scores 10 points in 1 1/4 qtr, and Trent only managed 3 points the rest of the time.

As soon as JP got in there running games YPC also went up because the jets D had to protect the deep ball. My,my. Talk about giving props to the wrong guy.

You can have the clock management.If that so important Holcomb was good at that and didn't throw that much picks. Why did we get rid of him again?

we should've kept Holcomb and gotten rid of JP that way Trent would've had a great dink and dunk Mentor.

HHURRICANE
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
we should've kept Holcomb and gotten rid of JP that way Trent would've had a great dink and dunk Mentor.

Do you see how you can't argue points on facts? It really gets old.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2007, 04:02 PM
As soon as JP got in there running games YPC also went up because the jets D had to protect the deep ball. My,my. Talk about giving props to the wrong guy.

Or maybe the Jets D was warn down from being on the field the majority of the game. Sorta like how Buffalo's Defense was warn down at the end of the Den/Pitts games.

The Answer
10-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Haha!. It's kinda hard to believe that when JP scores 10 points in 1 1/4 qtr, and Trent only managed 3 points the rest of the time.

You can have the clock management.If that so important Holcomb was good at that and didn't throw that much picks. Why did we get rid of him again?

Whether you're being a wiseass or serious - The Answer agrees 100%.

The Holcombator would have been a great tutor for Edwards just like he was with Losman - but unfortunately JP didn't take any advice because his play didn't improve on the field this year.

~The Answer

ublinkwescore
10-29-2007, 05:11 PM
wow, this place is really going downhill.

shelby
10-29-2007, 05:40 PM
i agree, blinky. Evidently you have to support one QB or the other. You can't like them both. And it's vitally important to argue about it ad nauseum.

i don't know when people became fans of a player rather than fans of the team.
:scratch:

acehole
10-29-2007, 05:48 PM
i agree, blinky. Evidently you have to support one QB or the other. You can't like them both. And it's vitally important to argue about it ad nauseum.

i don't know when people became fans of a player rather than fans of the team.
:scratch:

I love this team. I like both qb's. I just think JP should start. I have made my case and they have made thiers. Do you have a new topic for us? I would love one...this one is settled.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
for those of us who watch the games know 3-1 inspite of him. BTW, he's 3 because JP bailed his ass out. Again, those of us who watch the games know better.

Unless you have a crystal ball that tells you exactly what people are doing at any given time, don't make any assumptions who did and did not watch the game. You have zero ability to do this and in my case are 100% wrong. Nuff said on that matter.

As for JP bailing his ass out.... the score was 3-3 when TE went out. "Bailing someone's ass out" would be if it were 3-13 or something where JP had to clean up a mess. That was NOT the case, so stop with the bailing BS.

And how do you know what would have happened w/ JP in the preceding 3 quarters? He could have gone with 3 and outs or not gotten lucky with another bomb to Evans that should have been an INT. Or....how do you know TE wasn't going to drive for another score? You don't, so there is no legitimate way to say JP bailed his ass out. You can say it subjectively, sure, but it is a strain on credibility to do so.

Bottom line - TE is 3-1 as the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Or maybe the Jets D was warn down from being on the field the majority of the game. Sorta like how Buffalo's Defense was warn down at the end of the Den/Pitts games.
yeah, because of Marhsawn and not because of 14-21 130 yards.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Unless you have a crystal ball that tells you exactly what people are doing at any given time, don't make any assumptions who did and did not watch the game. You have zero ability to do this and in my case are 100% wrong. Nuff said on that matter.

As for JP bailing his ass out.... the score was 3-3 when TE went out. "Bailing someone's ass out" would be if it were 3-13 or something where JP had to clean up a mess. That was NOT the case, so stop with the bailing BS.

And how do you know what would have happened w/ JP in the preceding 3 quarters? He could have gone with 3 and outs or not gotten lucky with another bomb to Evans that should have been an INT. Or....how do you know TE wasn't going to drive for another score? You don't, so there is no legitimate way to say JP bailed his ass out. You can say it subjectively, sure, but it is a strain on credibility to do so.

Bottom line - TE is 3-1 as the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills.
"You see, but do you understand? "obviously some people are blind even when they are watching especially when they credit TE with last nights win. :laughing:

camelcowboy
10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Same as Lee Evans and Jason Peters and Donte Whitner and D Juron....should we dump then for second stringers?

Very weak response. Only weak if you don't have a brain. The team plays better with edwards not with losman. Until i see otherwise the right move is to keep Edwards in at qb.

TigerJ
10-29-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't pretend to know the reason that Edwards isn't throwing deep. Like most posters here, I think he's strong enough. He has done so a few times. On one occasion, I think it was Roscoe Parrish who had the ball and dropped it. On another Evans did not make an agressive move to the ball as he could have. But for the most part he just has not attempted the deep throw. Is it Steve Fairchild? I don't know. I almost suspect that it is Edwards himself, that his rookie jitters are coming out as a fear of throwing deep. If so, he really needs to work on that, because defense won't be honest and respect the deep throw threat until he starts making some deep passes. It will continue to be hard to run the ball and throw short because defenses are going to continue cheating toward the line. I'm not saying who the coaches should start. I don't know. But I do think this is where Edwards has to concentrate on getting better.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
"You see, but do you understand? "obviously some people are blind even when they are watching especially when they credit TE with last nights win. :laughing:

Just because you keep on telling yourself that JP was the reason we won doesn't make it true. But hey, if that's what floats your boat, I won't rain on your parade.

Luisito23
10-29-2007, 09:11 PM

The kid has more INTs than TDs we get it, how many more times are you gonna beat us over the head with it?....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

BillsFever21
10-29-2007, 11:07 PM
How come Trent Dilfer isn't a starting QB anymore? He won the SB of all things. Can you believe Baltimore released him after that season and he has never been a starter after that?

Quinn Gray of the Jags won the game yesterday with a 39.2 QB rating. Should he remain the starter.

Drew Brees should be a backup in the league too. He is in his 7th year in the league and has 9 TD's and 10 INT's. Has only had a couple winning seasons in his career. His team is losing this year. His first 3 years in the league he was awful.

Charlie Batch should also be a starting QB. He hasn't lost a game in years when the Steelers needed him to play.

The QB isn't always the reason why a team won or lost the game. QB's can play good and lose and QB's can play bad and win. Trent Edwards is playing bad but the rest of the team like the defense is performing great right now.

Oaf
10-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Maybe if we had just done this in the Denver game as well, we would have torn em up like the Packers just did.

I really think JP was put in position to fail that game.

Oaf
10-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Whether you're being a wiseass or serious - The Answer agrees 100%.

The Holcombator would have been a great tutor for Edwards just like he was with Losman - but unfortunately JP didn't take any advice because his play didn't improve on the field this year.

~The Answer

:laughing:

SABURZFAN
10-30-2007, 12:26 AM
wow, this place is really going downhill.

and you can believe that SABURZFAN will be blamed for it too.why not?i was blamed for yesterday's garbage and i didn't even get on the boards until approx. 5 hours after the game was over.this place was going downhill BEFORE my rant about Losman after the Detroit game last year........but it's easier to blame SABURZFAN. :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:54 AM
The kid has more INTs than TDs we get it, how many more times are you gonna beat us over the head with it?....

The Bills are also 3-1 when he starts. But justa doesn't care about that.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Maybe if we had just done this in the Denver game as well, we would have torn em up like the Packers just did.

I really think JP was put in position to fail that game.

JP over threw a wide open Evans unlike Favre did tonight on his bombs.