PDA

View Full Version : Official 'Happy With A Win' Thread

BAM
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes you read it correctly! This is the official positive thread for us short-sighted, narrow-minded, degenerates that wish to relish in a win for our Buffalo Bills! 2 in a row baby! Wooooooooo!

Here's to a strong finish to this season. :beers:

:bandwagon

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm Happy we won!!

Historian
10-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I agree.

Good, solid road win.

Dr. Lecter
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
I prefer winning to losing.

I guess I am unique. :sadwalk:

BAM
10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I agree.

Good, solid road win.

On the ROAD even! Wow!

:posrep:

PECKERWOOD
Big, big win for Buffalo! Great effort by Edwards and Losman!

BAM

Freekin' wierdo.

Night Train
10-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for this thread... Ralph. :D

madness
10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
I ****ing love this thread. :rockout:

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 12:01 PM

how about preferring playing well to playing poorly? We got the win, but we still played poorly. Accept mediocrity if you want, but I'd like to see something that suggests we could beat a good team and the Bills have yet to show that.

The last buffalo fan
10-29-2007, 12:02 PM
:beers: bambino!!!! :xtreme: :gobills:

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
how about preferring playing well to playing poorly? We got the win, but we still played poorly. Accept mediocrity if you want, but I'd like to see something that suggests we could beat a good team and the Bills have yet to show that.

I wouldn't call 350 yards of total offense mediocre. I wouldn't call holding the opponent to 200 yards of total offense and 3 points mediocre, even if it is the Jets.
The final score was 13-3, but the Bills dominated this game for most of it.

I guess the Bills have to win Patriots style to be any good in some people's minds, though. Ridiculous.

shelby
10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Op, this thread is only for people who are happy that we won.
You can post that crap in one of the 27,000 "we suck" threads, or one of the 57,000 "TE/JP" threads.
Thanks.

i am a happy Bills fan!:gobills::jetsuck:

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
You can post that crap in one of the 27,000 "we suck" threads, or one of the 57,000 "TE/JP" threads.
Thanks.

:crush:

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't call 350 yards of total offense mediocre. I wouldn't call holding the opponent to 200 yards of total offense and 3 points mediocre, even if it is the Jets.

I guess the Bills have to win Patriots style to be any good in some people's minds, though. Ridiculous.

only two trips to the redzone, both of which failed to produce TD's. Only 1 TD scored and 13 points total- you call that dominant? That's mediocre and just the fact that you consider it "dominant" shows that you have very low expectations for this team and have accepted mediocrity.

And yeah, we do have to win Patriots style to be any good. Know why? Because the Pats are in our division. And until we can win Patriots style, all we're going to be is a distant 2nd with at best an outside shot at a wild card. Not. Good. Enough.

shelby
10-29-2007, 12:11 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/9-1172412236.gif

cocamide
10-29-2007, 12:12 PM

No, because if we won Patriot's style, we'd have a bunch of people complaining that we're running up the score. People will never be happy.

BTW, I'm happy with a divisional win. Plus, I can talk crap to my friend who's a Jets fan.

Mad Bomber
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes you read it correctly! This is the official positive thread for us short-sighted, narrow-minded, degenerates that wish to relish in a win for our Buffalo Bills! 2 in a row baby! Wooooooooo!

Here's to a strong finish to this season. :beers:

:bandwagon

:beers:

hammerbillsfan
10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
It's hard enough to win on the road in this league, enjoy it! :gobills: :cheers:

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks.

until this team plays better, EVERY thread should be a "we suck" thread.

BAM
10-29-2007, 12:26 PM
You must have misread the title of this thread.

Like Shelby said, there are 876,603 threads along the lines of your thinking. Please visit one of those and leave this one. Thanks!

The last buffalo fan
10-29-2007, 12:27 PM

We suck, but at least we are great on it!!! :up: :beers:

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm going to have to rep you guys tomorrow! :(

I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours, unfortunately.

Mad Bomber
10-29-2007, 12:31 PM
only two trips to the redzone, both of which failed to produce TD's. Only 1 TD scored and 13 points total- you call that dominant? That's mediocre and just the fact that you consider it "dominant" shows that you have very low expectations for this team and have accepted mediocrity.

To go on the road and hold a team that averages 19.4 ppg to 3 points is good. The Jets have put up 31 ppg twice this year. Our D shut them down.

We won. I'm happy today.

Now get out of our thread. :D

hammerbillsfan
10-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I love this smilie http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/5579-1176483408.gif

madness
10-29-2007, 12:36 PM

You should start that thread. Just change the "we" to an "I" and maybe we all will finally agree on something. :D

Billz_fan
10-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Im happy !!

At the end of the season, no one is gonna remember whether the wins were ugly or pretty, impressive or lackluster. Only that they were wins.

there are not enough of them (wins) over the last several years so I don't want to start being miserable when we win as well as when we lose.

My friends that are fans of other teams were im'ing me last night with victory gratz and on the Bills game. None of them said anything about ugly winning or beating a pathetic team. They just knew we won.

Now, I don' think we are going anywhere but home after the last game of the season :laughter: Im not that well medicated :D

But I do enjoy winning and we are talking NFL here. Any win in this leauge is against the best football teams in the world.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Im happy !!

At the end of the season, no one is gonna remember whether the wins were ugly or pretty, impressive or lackluster. Only that they were wins.

there are not enough of them (wins) over the last several years so I don't want to start being miserable when we win as well as when we lose.

My friends that are fans of other teams were im'ing me last night with victory gratz and on the Bills game. None of them said anything about ugly winning or beating a pathetic team. They just knew we won.

Now, I don' think we are going anywhere but home after the last game of the season :laughter: Im not that well medicated :D

But I do enjoy winning and we are talking NFL here. Any win in this leauge is against the best football teams in the world.

you said it yourself- there weren't enough wins. And if we keep playing like this, that trend will continue.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Someone always has pee in the soup many of us enjoy, it's really sad actually.

djjimkelly
10-29-2007, 02:24 PM
woooohoooo we won

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Someone always has pee in the soup many of us enjoy, it's really sad actually.

the soup already had the pee in it- you just didn't notice until we said something.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
the soup already had the pee in it- you just didn't notice until we said something.

I just push the bowl away when I notice it, you like to raise the liquid level just a little extra and break down why you had to pee in it.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I just push the bowl away when I notice it, you like to raise the liquid level just a little extra and break down why you had to pee in it.

you're missing the point- I didn't pee in it. All I did was make you aware that what you thought was a gourmet meal was actually bodily waste. Don't shoot the messenger.

Pride
10-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Its official... OpIV37 is now on my ignore list. Great guy in person... annoying as hell on the interweb.

Good thread BAM!

M
10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Hell yeah, I'm happy. The Bills WON!!! :rockon:

:gobills:

madness
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM

Yet you ***** about the pee in your soup non-stop all the while sipping it when nobody's looking.

I think it's way past time for you to look for another bowl soup.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Yet you ***** about the pee in your soup non-stop all the while sipping it when nobody's looking.

I think it's way past time for you to look for another bowl soup.

sorry, unlike some of you so-called "fans", I don't have to pretend the team is better than it is to continue rooting for them.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
I love this smilie http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/5579-1176483408.gif

haha!

BTW, I'm happy we won.

BillsOverDolphins
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm not so much happy as i am satisfied...not pretty--and a performance like that against a decent team gets us a loss--but still, feels good to have the win, cause theyre hard to come by

Mad Bomber
10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
sorry, unlike some of you so-called "fans", I don't have to pretend the team is better than it is to continue bashing them.
Fixed.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Fixed.

I don't know why some of you seem to have a problem with bashing the team when they deserve to be bashed. Apparently, barely beating the 1-6 Jets is good enough for some of you. Yeah, I've heard all the excuses "Trent's a rookie," "we were on the road," "we have a lot of injuries". I apologize for wanting my team to be good instead of good enough.

Mad Bomber
10-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't know why some of you seem to have a problem with bashing the team when they deserve to be bashed. Apparently, barely beating the 1-6 Jets is good enough for some of you.
Would you rather we had lost? I'd bash them too if they lost to the Jets. BUT WE WON...
Two wins in a row is not something I'm going to ***** about. Sorry if they didn't win in a Patriot-like manner, but please take your *****ing to a different thread. There are plenty of them on this board.

Wally The Barber
10-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Now I have to decide which is more important....

Losman playing next week or a Bills win against the Jets?

I guess I will go with with the Bills win....sorry!

mybills
10-29-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't know why some of you seem to have a problem with bashing the team when they deserve to be bashed. Apparently, barely beating the 1-6 Jets is good enough for some of you.

I don't know one person here who hasn't bashed this team for one thing or another at one time or another. The key word here is WIN.
That's the only word that counts in this thread.
It's got nothing to do with HOW they did it, and I happen to agree that it was crappy, but the key word is WIN.

C'mon Op, you can say it. :D

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Would you rather we had lost? I'd bash them too if they lost to the Jets. BUT WE WON...
Two wins in a row is not something I'm going to ***** about. Sorry if they didn't win in a Patriot-like manner, but please take your *****ing to a different thread. There are plenty of them on this board.

I'm glad we won but I'd rather we won more convincingly. It was a win but not exactly an inspiring one- it was the kind of win that makes me feel like we'll be lucky to beat the Bengals.

And remember- the Patriots are IN OUR DIVISION. Until we can win like the Patriots, all we are is a distant second with an outside shot at a wild card.

shelby
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Realistically speaking, who can win like the Patriots?

Let's keep our expectations realistic.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM

exactly, who Does OP think is running the team? Bellichick? Not, it's a Dick.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 07:05 PM

two points:

1. if the Patriots can do it, why can't we? What's our excuse?

2. The Patriots are in our division. Until we can win like them, the most we can hope for is an annual dogfight for a wild card.

Mitchy moo
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM
two points:

1. if the Patriots can do it, why can't we? What's our excuse?

2. The Patriots are in our division. Until we can win like them, the most we can hope for is an annual dogfight for a wild card.

OP, your not really wrong just really on the wrong thread. This thread is for happy people to rep each other. Start a new, I pee in my soup thread and enjoy.

BAM
10-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Exactly! Op, which part of GTFO don't you comprehend??

Unreal.

I love the mostly optimistic posts of this thread so far though guys!

PS. Stop feeding the troll(s)!

Cntrygal
10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm THRILLED that we have another "w" in the win column! :bravo:

We SWEPT a division opponent!!!!!!! :bravo:

HAMMER
10-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Good thread Bam, victory Monday's rule!

John Doe
10-29-2007, 08:28 PM
You will never hear me complain about a win or the way in which the win was accomplished.

Never.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 08:36 PM
You will never hear me complain about a win or the way in which the win was accomplished.

Never.

good thing you're not the coach or the GM.

John Doe
10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
good thing you're not the coach or the GM.

It's a very good thing.

I am no expert and neither are you.

I am just a fan who enjoys a win.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 06:56 AM
It's a very good thing.

I am no expert and neither are you.

I am just a fan who enjoys a win.

Nice!

madness
10-30-2007, 07:57 AM
PS. Stop feeding the troll(s)!

"Purity Trolls". These are trolls from the left. Otherwise known in reallife as drama queens. No matter how pure your position is, their position is more pure. No matter how compassionate or informed or skeptical or vigorous your opinion is, theirs is more of it. These trolls are insistent that they are the true spirit of liberalism, and spend their time being quite put out that the rest of us don't turn over our resources, our audiences, and our respect to them, regardless of how thin their positions may be on the merits. Drives me nuts, personally.

http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/Troll_rating

mybills
10-30-2007, 08:01 AM
1. if the Patriots can do it, why can't we?

Maybe there should be a "Happy with the Patriots win" thread.

Patrick76777
10-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Maybe there should be a "Happy with the Patriots win" thread.

LET'S GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 IN THE DIVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S SHOOT FOR 5-1 IN THE DIVISION. LET'S TAKE DOWN THE PATS AT HOME.

mybills
10-30-2007, 08:33 AM
That would be sweet, Pat. :up:

LtBillsFan66
10-30-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not only happy with the win, I'm pleased with how the team has been able to step up. In honesty I didn't expect much this year. We're 2 last second field goals from being 5-2. This doesn't mean I settle for mediocrity as wys would probably chime in. Given the circumstances, I'm happy with the way the team has been playing. :up:

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2007, 09:51 AM

I bet you that if the Bills do beat the Pats, people will complain the win was not "pretty" enough for them.

HAMMER
10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
"Purity Trolls". These are trolls from the left. Otherwise known in reallife as drama queens. No matter how pure your position is, their position is more pure. No matter how compassionate or informed or skeptical or vigorous your opinion is, theirs is more of it. These trolls are insistent that they are the true spirit of liberalism, and spend their time being quite put out that the rest of us don't turn over our resources, our audiences, and our respect to them, regardless of how thin their positions may be on the merits. Drives me nuts, personally.

http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/Troll_rating

Excellent, quite accurate, especially the drama queen part.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2007, 11:10 AM
What the heck, I still get the too much rep in the last 24 hours thing. I'm gonna getcha guys when I can, I won't forget.

BAM
10-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Excellent, quite accurate, especially the drama queen part.

It's nothing but a combination of the drama queen/I told you so psyche.

Mitchy moo
10-30-2007, 02:10 PM

Oh that would be so sweet!!

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM

4-2 is very realistic, 5-1 is absurd

BAM
11-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Let's keep this thing going folks! GREAT game today by just about everybody on the team! A total TEAM win today I love it! :beers:

Cntrygal
11-04-2007, 07:00 PM

YardRat
11-04-2007, 07:05 PM

Mad Bomber
11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Think about it folks......

We are two seconds away from being 6-2!!!!

ajsdx
11-04-2007, 07:28 PM
i am very happy with this win. just like the two before them ;)