PDA

View Full Version : TD wanted Emmitt???

lordofgun
03-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Just a second ago on the Dan Patrick show, Emmitt said Buffalo was interested in him, but he signed in Arizona instead.

He also got a much larger contract in AZ than he would have got here.

lordofgun
03-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Emmitt also says he's going to rush for over 1200 yards this year. :rolleyes:

The Spaz
03-27-2003, 02:58 PM
I hardly doubt if he'll get 800 yards this season playing with the terrible Cardinals who have absolutely no receivers to take the pressure off of the running game! Go Bills!

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2003, 02:59 PM
F EMMITT!!!!

LtBillsFan66
03-27-2003, 03:00 PM
I think he has it in him. Granted the only Dallas game I watched last year was Thanksgiving. He tore it up in that game - from what I remember.

Pride
03-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Emmitt lost my respect last year.

He is a good RB, but I dont put him higher than the greats.

If BLO got him, that would be a big mistake.

lordofgun
03-27-2003, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't have had a problem if he came in at the minimum to back up Henry. But it's obvious he's not going to do that.

Water under the bridge now...

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2003, 03:18 PM
F EMMITT!!!!!!!

Valerie
03-27-2003, 03:31 PM
OMG! Are you guys serious? Emmitt Smith has signed with the Cardinals? He didn't retire? I'm sick!:puke: He's a COWBOY! WTF is he doing???????????????????

venis2k1
03-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
He's a COWBOY! WTF is he doing???????????????????

OJ on the 49ers 1978: 593 yards
Thurman on the Fins: 136 yards

All great running backs dont know when to call it quits.

Valerie
03-27-2003, 03:46 PM
I know and it still makes me SICK! I also hate it when other players who have been on the same team for their entire career play for another team at the very end of their career. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and I'm sure there are a lot more, but I just can't think right now.

I'm just sick about Emmitt! And now I've lost respect for him too. But, on the plus side, if there is one, at least he didn't go to the freaking Skins. That would've killed me!

lordofgun
03-27-2003, 03:53 PM
hmmmm....retire now....or make 8 mil over the next two years...hmmmm....

Tatonka
03-27-2003, 03:56 PM
:lol:

Valerie
03-27-2003, 04:04 PM
It's not like he needs the money, Log. IMO it's just being GREEDY! And, it shows a lack of morals. He should've been proud of his time on the Cowboys and happy to have spent his ENTIRE career there and he should show a little respect for the team and retire! He's not a vagrant living on the streets! He doesn't need a DIME! There's no way he's going to be able to spend the money he does have before he dies! He's a greedy bastard!

The_Philster
03-27-2003, 04:19 PM
He's a pro athlete, what do you expect?

Cokehead Dubya
03-27-2003, 04:24 PM
He's also going to a team with a killer o-line. He'll be alright, not that anybody except Cowboys and Cards fans care. :)

Dicknoze69
03-27-2003, 04:34 PM
I think he honestly thinks he can still compete. He's not in this for the money or anything like that, although it sure is nice. He still thinks he can get 1000 yards. He still thinks he's an NFL starting running back. There's no doubt in his mind that he thinks that, and that's why he signed with the Cards. In my opinion, he's nothing more than a backup who will be lucky to get 1000 with the Cards receivers.

BuffaloRanger
03-27-2003, 04:43 PM
And those long distance commercials aren't humiliating and all about money - or maybe he really deep down in his heart wants to save you a buck or two. LOL. I wish all Cowboys nothing but disgrace and humiliation. If this somehow takes away from him being considered one of the best RBs of all-time, than that is perfect.

ublinkwescore
03-27-2003, 05:03 PM
F EMMITT!!

Wow Thurm, that's quite theraputic.

ublinkwescore
03-27-2003, 05:06 PM
If we would have brought in Emmitt, I'd say TD has to go simply because of that.

I can't think of anyone (Except LOG - who's known to be out of his mind half the time) who is a true Bills fan who would want emmitt - I'm just mad because the league got realligned, and Emmitt jumped ship from the cowboys to the Cardinals who are no longer in the NFC East - which means we don't get a shot at putting Emmitt out of the game forever with our brand new Defensive personell.

Anyone else feel the same way I do?

Again...

F EMMITT!!

god that feels good.

The_Philster
03-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
(Except LOG - who's known to be out of his mind half the time)

only half the time? :gag:

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Let me start this out with F EMMITT!!!! but....

"I'm just sick about Emmitt! And now I've lost respect for him too"

How was he supposed to stay and play for the Cowboy's when they cut him??? He wanted to keep playing and the Cowboy's were not an option for him so he signed with another team. What was he supposed to do exactly? The days of one player playing his whole career with one team are LONG GONE....

HenryRules
03-27-2003, 07:20 PM
For all the people ripping on Emmitt ... I'm curious, do you hate your job that much that if you had money you wouldn't be doing it? Cuz if you love what you're doing and your boss fired you, I assure you, there's no way that you'd retire, regardless of how much money you have.

I love my job and I know that although I enjoy working for my current company, if I get fired or they go under, I'm not going to sit at home and retire and it has absolutely nothing to do with my income level.

lordofgun
03-27-2003, 07:31 PM
How does wanting to play longer and wanting more money make you immoral? :huh:

The_Philster
03-27-2003, 07:32 PM
The difference is, HenryRules...do you have enough money now that you could retire and live comfortably for the rest of your life?

HenryRules
03-27-2003, 07:39 PM
yes.

HenryRules
03-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Philster, if you don't enjoy your work, can you say that you live comfortably now?

The_Philster
03-27-2003, 07:45 PM
I live all right, not great, but all right. That's why I'm going back to college for my degree. But I doubt I'll have enough to retire for quite a while, even after I get a higher-paying job.

lordofgun
03-27-2003, 07:50 PM
What HenryRules is forgetting to mention is that he's 96. ;)

HenryRules
03-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Philster, I think you misunderstood what I meant ... I wasn't referring to your current financial quality of life.

What I meant (and re-reading my post, it was way too short to get my point across) is that if the sole purpose that you currently work is to provide for a solid retirement and you take no joy out of your current job, then I think regardless of the money you're making, you're not going to be comfortable with your current life. IMO you would be better off taking a lower-paying job that you enjoy and postpone retirement for a few years then to continue working at a job you don't like. I don't see the point in working at a job you hate for 35 years of your life so that for 10-15 years or so you can relax and golf or do whatever it is you want to do when you're retired.

I understand that the mortgage factor or the kids university factor may make this choice impossible for some, but if you're beyond the years where they have an impact or have enough already to pay for that sort of thing, what I say still holds I believe.

Btw, the use of the word "you" was not meant to refer to you specifically, simply as a way to make the paragraph more readable than if I had used "a person" instead.

ublinkwescore
03-28-2003, 07:12 AM
Ok then, F the Cowboys!!

Ah what the hell, F EMMITT too.

Earthquake Enyart
03-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
He's a greedy bastard!

There's the pot calling the kettle black.

The only way Emmitt gets 1200 yards is if they start counting yards like dog years.