PDA

View Full Version : My postgame review is on the front page

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2007/10/29/opiv37s_post_game_review.php

One thing I forgot to add:

-Someone needs to tell Jauron that wearing a hoodie doesn't make him Bellicheck. Maybe he should try cutting the sleeves off and womanizing.

Gunzlingr
10-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Shouldn't it have said "stereotypical Bills tight end" and not "prototypical Bills tight end"

trapezeus
10-29-2007, 01:05 PM
nice. gaines is the prototypical Bills TE. we need a white guy, preferably with a mane of red hair who goes 0-60 in 9 minutes, yet is always open.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Shouldn't it have said "stereotypical Bills tight end" and not "prototypical Bills tight end"

no.

"prototype" means a typical example or a model on which things are based. All of our TE's fit that mould.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:08 PM
DiG had a great game. If anyone was missing it was Ellison. Is Coy Wire still injured? :idunno:

The King
10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I enjoyed the 2006 schedule on the top as well.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
DiG had a great game. If anyone was missing it was Ellison. Is Coy Wire still injured? :idunno:

I saw Wire on a few ST plays but I didn't notice him on any defensive plays. DiG and Crowell have definitely been playing well, so I guess the coaches are happier with Ellison than with Wire at this point- although I agree that Ellison doesn't seem to be doing much.

Also, I noticed they played a lot of nickel- they were in nickel on 2nd and 5 about halfway through the 3rd quarter with the lead. That's a bit confusing.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I saw Wire on a few ST plays but I didn't notice him on any defensive plays. DiG and Crowell have definitely been playing well, so I guess the coaches are happier with Ellison than with Wire at this point- although I agree that Ellison doesn't seem to be doing much.

Also, I noticed they played a lot of nickel- they were in nickel on 2nd and 5 about halfway through the 3rd quarter with the lead. That's a bit confusing.

It's that bend don't break D. Always works against Chad and it always works against our O if we continue to dink and dunk.

Wys Guy
10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2007/10/29/opiv37s_post_game_review.php

One thing I forgot to add:

-Someone needs to tell Jauron that wearing a hoodie doesn't make him Bellicheck. Maybe he should try cutting the sleeves off and womanizing.

Maybe he should try shaving his butt and learn how to make utterances out of his sphincter. At least then it would match his performances.

Wys Guy
10-29-2007, 01:41 PM
My postgame review is on the front page
I guess I would question the two following points in it:

-Lynch is a beast (cliche #3). The guy always fights for every extra yard, and the offense definitely lost its punch when he was out of the game for a series or two. The guy basically is the Bills' offense this year (he has scored 4 of the Bills' 6 offensive touchdowns).

I like the way he runs too. Still, one cannot deny the fact that, and as I seemingly accurately assessed from his Cal official game tapes, that he never breaks a long run and does not appear to be a RB to take it the distance with even the remotest regularity.

His long run is 23 yards, comparable to McGahee's during his stint here generally speaking, and his average is an extremely pedestrian 3.6 yards-per-carry.

Q: How do you explain that and who is responsible?

-the offense is getting incrementally better, yet never quite gets it right. The last few weeks, they've been much better sustaining drives and controlling the ball, but it never translates to points.

What I saw yesterday tells me the opposite. Against a team with arguably the worst D in the league, and one that's allowing nearly 400 yards per game, not quite as bad as ours in that regard, how come we logged less than their average yesterday, A.

And B, after Evans' 85-yard catch for the TD, I really don't see anything different than we've put up to date, and against a substantially worse D than anything we've faced other than in our first game with the Jets in which we put up 17 contrasted with the 13 yesterday.

Backing out Evans' catch, our rushing game was no different than it's been to date producing below average end results on a bottom-dwelling yards-per-carry; our passing game produced only 154 net passing yards otherwise with no particular accolades on the game and putting up only 6 points otherwise, again, all against the Jets, an anemic defense.

In essence, if what we brought yesterday on O is all we bring henceforth, we certainly won't win any games that we can't hold opponents to under 10 points in moving forward.

OpIv37
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I guess I would question the two following points in it:

-Lynch is a beast (cliche #3). The guy always fights for every extra yard, and the offense definitely lost its punch when he was out of the game for a series or two. The guy basically is the Bills' offense this year (he has scored 4 of the Bills' 6 offensive touchdowns).

I like the way he runs too. Still, one cannot deny the fact that, and as I seemingly accurately assessed from his Cal official game tapes, that he never breaks a long run and does not appear to be a RB to take it the distance with even the remotest regularity.

His long run is 23 yards, comparable to McGahee's during his stint here generally speaking, and his average is an extremely pedestrian 3.6 yards-per-carry.

Q: How do you explain that and who is responsible?

-the offense is getting incrementally better, yet never quite gets it right. The last few weeks, they've been much better sustaining drives and controlling the ball, but it never translates to points.

What I saw yesterday tells me the opposite. Against a team with arguably the worst D in the league, and one that's allowing nearly 400 yards per game, not quite as bad as ours in that regard, how come we logged less than their average yesterday, A.

And B, after Evans' 85-yard catch for the TD, I really don't see anything different than we've put up to date, and against a substantially worse D than anything we've faced other than in our first game with the Jets in which we put up 17 contrasted with the 13 yesterday.

Backing out Evans' catch, our rushing game was no different than it's been to date producing below average end results on a bottom-dwelling yards-per-carry; our passing game produced only 154 net passing yards otherwise with no particular accolades on the game and putting up only 6 points otherwise, again, all against the Jets, an anemic defense.

In essence, if what we brought yesterday on O is all we bring henceforth, we certainly won't win any games that we can't hold opponents to under 10 points in moving forward.

Lynch still hasn't been able to break the big one, but I blame that partially on blocking. When I watch other teams, their blockers sometimes get to the second level and open up huge holes, then it's just up to the RB to make one guy miss and it's a big gain. Obviously this doesn't happen on EVERY running play for other teams, but Lynch never seems to have that much space- he fights for every yard partially because he HAS to fight for every yard. The FO spent a lot of money on the OL and it has helped in pass blocking but the run blocking is still sub-par.

As far as the offense, we opened the game with a drive that lasted almost 8 minutes and had several other long drives. Granted, they didn't result in points and it was against a bad D, but the point is they were staying on the field and keeping the D fresh, which is an improvement. Certainly it's not a formula that will work against good teams- we need to figure out how to put points on the board. But it is an improvement over the first few games when we were lucky to get 6 plays and make it to midfield.

justasportsfan
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Lynch still hasn't been able to break the big one, but I blame that partially on blocking. When I watch other teams, their blockers sometimes get to the second level and open up huge holes, then it's just up to the RB to make one guy miss and it's a big gain. Obviously this doesn't happen on EVERY running play for other teams, but Lynch never seems to have that much space- he fights for every yard partially because he HAS to fight for every yard. The FO spent a lot of money on the OL and it has helped in pass blocking but the run blocking is still sub-par.

Our Ol is made up of a bunch of lard asses that can't pancake any DL. Our running game was better last year with a rb that didn't even try compared to this year with a rb that gives 150%. Pathetic.

Gilbride knows how to go deep compared to Fairchild and Moolarkey knows how to run better than Fairchild. That's sad.